• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

Grant Morrison also described Superman as the ultimate immigrant story. Which is complete bullshit. Superman is the immigrant's fantasy: to move to a new country and raise your child to be a part of the broader society.

Martian Manhunter is the ultimate immigrant story.

Howard the Duck

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Martian Manhunter is the ultimate forced immigrant story. He didn't want to leave his planet, some American just ripped him from his home, explained nothing, and left him with no means of understanding the strange new culture.

Then he goes out, pretends to be other people, learn English from watching television gets terrible addicted to a substance not found in his native land (Oreos), and constantly has to be forced into a role and dress style the natives will find friendly rather than his own.

Howard The Duck is the best story.

rtcn63

So does the lack of BTA mystery games listed, mean that this is all we're getting? No week 2 games? I'm locked into 21.12, so...

Tellaerin

Howard The Duck is just the best story.

image.php

I'm onto your pro-duck agenda! >.>

Echoplx

Yep.
I'm pretty much done buying humble bundles if this bullshit continues.
It obviously can't handle any kind of load.
Also adding 50 billion hoops doesn't equate "easy and quick"

Redeeming for yourself is easier and quicker, gifting is slightly more complicated but it's not a big deal.

You guys need to calm down.

Kuroyume

Banned
Yep.
I'm pretty much done buying humble bundles if this bullshit continues.
It obviously can't handle any kind of load.
Also adding 50 billion hoops doesn't equate "easy and quick"

Right. Have to add your email to get a link. Log in to email if you ever get it to claim it. Then open up steam. And also allow HIB to have permission to add agame.

That vs just copying and pasting a code. If you're going to implement the system for a reason don't give people BS about making things easier.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If anyone is having modbot trouble with the new humble keys, can you please:
1) Forward me the PM you sent modbot to generate the giveaway
2) Forward me the key you got from modbot if you won

Turfster

Redeeming for yourself is easier and quicker, gifting is slightly more complicated but it's not a big deal.

You guys need to calm down.
No it's not.
I'm still waiting for my steam guard e-mail.
It's been almost an hour now.

The original system wasn't broken.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm onto your pro-duck agenda! >.>

I don't know what you are talking about.

Surely I'm just being honest. Why Scrooge McDuck is the greatest immigrant story. A young boy with just a dime to his name, leaves Glasgow to seek fortune in North America. Self-Made man by taking every job under the sun, from herding cattle to working steam ships to becoming a trick shot showman, all before making his riches through hard work as a gold minor in the Klondike. All of which was before he became the richest man in the world.

How can anyone read The Life And Times Of Scrooge McDuck and say otherwise is beyond me. He fought Teddy Roosevelt!

louiedog

Right. Have to add your email to get a link. Log in to email if you ever get it to claim it. Then open up steam. And also allow HIB to have permission to add agame.

That vs just copying and pasting a code. If you're going to implement the system for a reason don't give people BS about making things easier.

It took me less than a minute to setup last Thursday and for both that weekly sale and today's bundle I got all of my games redeemed within a few seconds. It's been much faster and easier for me than the normal Steam key redemption system.

DocSeuss

I have no idea if I'm doing this right; went digging and found all the keys I hadn't used.

Be forewarned, while most of those keys should be fine, I might have given away one or two, but I think it's all good.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 45 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-8FB86FA4F95723F0
King's Bounty: The Legend -- MB-DFC8996395BB4461
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter #2 -- MB-211707325CF133E9
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY Edition -- MB-5F88744A3523A7BC - Taken by oipic. 1 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-EB00C04BB5DC7EA4 - Taken by Omi. 2 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-00748424E1A27A3A
The Showdown Effect -- MB-3F6959D482F93B6F - Taken by bornlivedie. 1 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-59386B5CC04DD7DE
Limbo -- MB-2776BB9D95AD75C1
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-05E97EBA016554D6
Warlock -- MB-E8C4642E797BDCF3
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter #2 -- MB-2257CD71A1611C68
Men of War -- MB-54A241DEB0D06161
Brutal Legend -- MB-6A7521F948F74689 - Taken by Reckoner. 4 entrants total.
Reaxxion -- MB-D15373828C252F1C - Taken by adaen. 4 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype (2) -- MB-7E5FF1EF88824511 - Taken by fantomena. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sam Double D -- MB-9276738ED31852D9 - Taken by FauX. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-1509088E8A8CF8E7 - Taken by creamsugar. 2 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype (4) -- MB-CB431C19CABB6F76 - Taken by Motorbreath. 2 entrants total.
Men of War #2 -- MB-D474140AE4FB4BC2
Waking Mars -- MB-0D18C870EFA82140 - Taken by gabrielt16. 6 entrants total.
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter -- MB-B56128805A4B2256 - Taken by erila. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sam 3 Deluxe -- MB-88FC97117C224BCF - Taken by Nakayumi. 4 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-D11369E51659CD2F
Dead Space 3 -- MB-87C3D8791584998D - Taken by The_Monk. 2 entrants total.
Depths of Peril -- MB-64871D4BCBB5D25C - Taken by Terra_Ex. 1 entrants total.
Vegas: Make it Big -- MB-69C9E51D26993597 - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-59A3EAE9AC8D2FF9
FTL -- MB-CB10DDB318558593
Battlefield 3 -- MB-DD6F7906A6757294 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 3 entrants total.
Men of War: Condemned Heroes -- MB-54352458DB7B0376
Brazen Prototype (1) -- MB-64749F8208CEEEC8 - Taken by tineladia. 1 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-DDD32912413D827D
Amnesia Fortnight Prototype Steam Key -- MB-11F2BE00D83C3AA5 - Taken by Exuro. 2 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-B346E5B9FD7B0628 - Taken by nexen. 3 entrants total.
Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-5589DFE0D263C23F
Shank 2 -- MB-2C260563FBA2F470
Fireburst -- MB-FA36E2A86724B583 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Organ Trail: Director's Cut -- MB-B91A5971502C27CE - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype (3) -- MB-9E30C9CEE9F13C2D
McPixel -- MB-BE02596C243A0FA6 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sam 2 -- MB-CD287BC3822B8F51 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 2 entrants total.
Magicka AND Crusader Kings 2 -- MB-2640E534FB42039A - Taken by ZeroXZee. 9 entrants total.
Men of War: Red Tide -- MB-9A6BA09FD9CFF217
Europa Universalis 3 Complete -- MB-030295775ABFCEA9 - Taken by denx. 2 entrants total.

t1383694093z1.png

Keep getting "Please try redeeming again later" from my humble account as I'm trying to add them to my steam library. Probably going to try them tomorrow if it's from the site having too much traffic. Could be also though that I changed my steam password 2 days ago, don't know if that affects my steam-humble bundle account linking..

Turfster

Sorry, I should have taken into account every possible issue outside of humblebundles control when making that statement.
How is this so hard to understand? They added more fucking links in the chain.
More links means more possible points of failure.

It's great that it works for you guys, but you are not everyone.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I have no idea if I'm doing this right.

Be forewarned, while most of those keys should be fine, I might have given away one or two, but I think it's all good.

I said god damn, nice giveaway Doc!

I'm kicking myself for not picking up Amalur and Republic Commando when they were last discounted on Steam.

Republic Commando I made sure to snap up a few sales ago, but god damn you Rhode Island for not kicking Amalur back down. :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Keep getting "Please try redeeming again later" from my humble account as I'm trying to add them to my steam library. Probably going to try them tomorrow if it's from the site having too much traffic. Could be also though that I changed my steam password 2 days ago, don't know if that affects my steam-humble bundle account linking..

Try unlinking and relinking if that's the case, also did you see my post re: your modbot troubles?

Derrick01

Banned
I'm kicking myself for not picking up Amalur and Republic Commando when they were last discounted on Steam.

You're not missing much with Amalur unless you like really basic action combat and quests ripped straight out of an MMO (or Skyrim). Plus the level scaling is really weird and maybe even worse than a Bethesda game. If you wander into a dungeon it locks it to whatever level you're at forever. So if you go in 5 levels under for whatever reason it'll still be at that level when you actually have to go there for a quest later on.

DocSeuss

I said god damn, nice giveaway Doc!

I figure I will actually rebalance my life's karma with this. 2013 is one of the single worst years of my life, and the only ray of hope I've got right now is that I might be eligible for food stamps.

But also, what else am I going to do with these keys?

Hoping this new key system works

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition -- MB-9E6CC18BBBC1EA74 - Taken by PixyJunket. 6 entrants total.

t1383684688z1.png

Try unlinking and relinking if that's the case, also did you see my post re: your modbot troubles?

Ok I will try unlinking and linking again thanks. Also I migth have missed your post - I did receive "my full loot stash" pm though but it didn't contain every key that I sent so I got a little confused.

And it worked, thanks.

The_Monk

I have no idea if I'm doing this right; went digging and found all the keys I hadn't used.

Thank you very much for your kindness fellow GAFfer, I'm going to enter only for DS3.

I find it funny the amount of posters VS the people who lurk in the thread and how fast it goes when there's a new bundle and giveaways. The best part is, it has become so much more easier to spot who is who. ;)

Either way, amazing giveaway! I can't wait to do another neat one but it will have to wait for now.

Some stuff

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Crusader Kings Complete -- MB-86FD28091A34B729 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 8 entrants total.
Mount & Blade -- MB-1A1CB12552F8EE21 - Taken by Kuroyume. 7 entrants total.
Majesty 2 Collection -- MB-D7B3DC02F54DB9DB - Taken by MrSilentGuy. 4 entrants total.
Forge Starter Pack -- MB-0CA21A54C02DF170 - Taken by duppolo. 2 entrants total.

t1383694678z1.png

bloke

Uhh I got key for BAA GOTY from Jads just minute ago, but then I went and purchased WB bundle myself, so anyway I'm giving it back to first one to quote me... sorry couldn't bother to use Modbot for this...

MRORANGE

If anyone is having modbot trouble with the new humble keys, can you please:
1) Forward me the PM you sent modbot to generate the giveaway
2) Forward me the key you got from modbot if you won

Could I not tell modbot to do:

Batman AC - W23uzgcv7PWeVDuH

Instead of just posting the whole URL like:

Batman AC - https://www.humblebundle.com/downloads?key=W23uzgcv7PWeVDuH

and just tell the person to add it to the URL?, Is modbot case-sensitive with keys?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Howard the Duck

In a broader discussion about immigrant comic book characters: fair enough point.

Martian Manhunter is the ultimate forced immigrant story. He didn't want to leave his planet, some American just ripped him from his home, explained nothing, and left him with no means of understanding the strange new culture.

Then he goes out, pretends to be other people, learn English from watching television gets terrible addicted to a substance not found in his native land (Oreos), and constantly has to be forced into a role and dress style the natives will find friendly rather than his own.

Howard The Duck is the best story.

Fair enough. However as an immigrant myself, I'll add that most immigrants feel forced into immigrating, too. There came a point in his history that Manhunter could have returned to Mars (and, eventually he even did) but he came back and adopted Earth as his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom