• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FauX

More Key giveaways!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Project Aftermath -- MB-A4AC287BEB65AF4B - Taken by fantomena. 1 entrants total.
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-DB8CFE3906D08155 - Taken by wetflame. 4 entrants total.

t1383760607z1.png

At least you can try to reason an actual meaning from it. The noir should only be taken at face value, one of the characters is only putting on a face, etc.

Titles such as Infinite Undiscovery? They mean nothing!

Well if you're going to completely make up a word that doesn't exist [hint: it's not infinite] then you might as well jam another word in there to come up with something completely stupid. Both words have more than one syllable in them so the gaem must be really deep and meaningful rite

How do you fund this if you don't mind me asking?

Prostitution is legal and quite socially acceptable in Aussieland if the podcast I listened to yesterday is to be believed.

Jase no doubt has a chain of prostitution houses and they all adore him and stay with him because he's so charming.

Li Kao

My friend designed a game called EMPIRE on iOS, and now the studio he worked with is porting it to PC and it's on Greenlight. If anyone's interested: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192125306

Uh, you're friend with Keith Burgun ? Fuck it I'm changing friends ! :p
More seriously, not sure how Empire would translate on PC, but the iOS version seemed tempting and well received. Will buy, on which platform and when, that's the question.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do you fund this if you don't mind me asking?

Budgeting. My income isn't anything special: I work crappy hours at a local shop (though I've been looking elsewhere) and I also get a fortnightly student allowance from the government, an additional component of that being an ~$1,100 bonus at the beginning of each semester for books, though I've never paid more than ~$400, so the extra pocket money is nice. ;) It also helps that most of the games I've bought over the past ~9 months have been through traders and I don't really have any hobbies with ongoing costs aside from gaming -- I did amass a bit of a BD collection back when Amazon UK was offering free shipping to Australia, but I haven't bought a single one since the promotion ended almost two years ago in hope of it returning (meaning, yes, my BD library has gaps in Saoirse Ronan's filmography, but I've been meaning to fix that).

I'm tweaking the continuous scrolling so that the number of results actually de-increments to show exactly how many results are there.

Ah, fantastic!

sprinkles

It's manageable, I had less trouble with it than with SMB. The checkpoints are frequent enough but of course you need some patience. Great game imo.
Yes, it has maybe three or four really hard passages, the rest is still challenging but not on the level of SMB or They Bleed Pixels. Still around four hours of good platforming with great music
(and voices).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Budgeting. My income isn't anything special: I work crappy hours at a local shop (though I've been looking elsewhere) and I also get a fortnightly student allowance from the government, an additional component of that being an ~$1,100 bonus at the beginning of each semester for books, though I've never paid more than ~$400, so the extra pocket money is nice. ;) It also helps that most of the games I've bought over the past ~9 months have been through traders and I don't really have any hobbies with ongoing costs aside from gaming -- I did amass a bit of a BD collection back when Amazon UK was offering free shipping to Australia, but I haven't bought a single one since the promotion ended almost two years ago in hope of it returning (meaning, yes, my BD library has gaps in Saoirse Ronan's filmography, but I've been meaning to fix that).
That is seriously impressive budgeting.

so walmart.com was selling monitors for $10 and nobody cross posted that info here <_<? man, i really need to get out of the habit of just reading my subscribed threads lol!

JaseC

That is seriously impressive budgeting.

I'll have to slow down quite a bit if I end up moving next year and haven't found a better part-time job. The Winter Sale might be my last hurrah for a while, which is why I intend to focus on picking up licensed stuff.

Grief.exe

so walmart.com was selling monitors for $10 and nobody cross posted that info here <_<? man, i really need to get out of the habit of just reading my subscribed threads lol!

I went to bed before the monitor/TV explosion, but I did order the new Pokemon. I'm getting worried since they haven't notified me to come pick it up yet.

Dynoro

Couple of freebies - enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Shelter -- MB-54053B8CAF02C52F - Taken by Sendou
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-98AD532EA54C4B0C - Taken by nightstorm

Dr Dogg

Prostitution is legal and quite socially acceptable in Aussieland if the podcast I listened to yesterday is to be believed.

Jase no doubt has a chain of prostitution houses and they all adore him and stay with him because he's so charming.

No wonder there's a hairdresser shortage. Well it seams like it due to it's a guaranteed ticket to get a visa.

JaseC

Then make it a fantastic one.

Haha, I doubt I'll have the spare cash to go as nuts as I did during the Summer Sale, but we'll see. On the plus side, Christmas is going to be small this year, which is good because it was bloody expensive last year -- I didn't buy much on Steam for the last few months and even had to skip a bunch of bundles.

okayfrog

Banned
Haha, I doubt I'll have the spare cash to go as nuts as I did during the Summer Sale, but we'll see. On the plus side, Christmas is going to be small this year, which is good because it was bloody expensive last year -- I didn't buy much on Steam for the last few months and even had to skip a bunch of bundles.

Time to idle in all of those games to get and sell cards to fund the push to 2500 then.

JaseC

Half of those I really like and could see Valve using: Game and DLC Color-Coding, HowLongToBeat Info, and No More Age Verification Prompts

The rest I really like as well, but I can't see Valve implementing them due to the fact that they benefit the consumer without really benefiting Valve in any way.

Valve is legally required to age-gate store pages with mature content, IIRC.

Time to idle in all of those games to get and sell cards to fund the push to 2500 then.

Good idea! I've saved all my cards up until now because I had intended to max out a badge every week or so, but needless to say that didn't happen.

Edit: Well, I sold my foils, of course, though I haven't earned one since the Summer Sale. :( I'd intended to pay for Thi4f using foil money but that's panned out horribly so far.

Freezard

Somehow I have 2£ on my GMG balance and I have no clue how it got there. Sure I've bought some games but that was with PayPal. Maybe I should get Darksiders II.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Looks insanely boring. Either the game is just clicking falling pills over and over or they need to cut a better trailer.
No, that's really all there is to it.
...Well, I guess there's a mode that changes it into some kind of scrolling shooter instead of Pill Ninjas, but outside of that...
Somehow I have 2&#8364; on my GMG balance and I have no clue how it got there. Sure I've bought some games but that was with PayPal. Maybe I should get Darksiders II.
Did you review a few games? They compensate you for that.

Seanspeed

Banned
Probably LTTP but

cars_banner1.png

They were asking people about it, trying to get some feedback and I guess they've decided to go ahead with it.

I really, really hope this doesn't delay the release of the PC version, though. Feels like this game has been in development forever. I'm dying for a good sim racer with some eye candy.

Sendou

I thought it was supposed to come to PS3 and 360 at one point but obviously there's not much point when you're releasing Fall 2014.

Dynoro

I did not know Project Cars was coming out on all those consoles, I thought it was just going to be a PC-only game.

The WiiU seems like a strange choice.
WiiU was always there but the next gen consoles are due to a recent vote on the site. As an aside; Project Cars has been on Steam for the last few months but for backers only.

Copons

That Steam OS logo is too long. Gotta be a way to shorten it.

Yup!

They used another random sans-serif font (probably because Valve still hasn't sent an official design kit to devs?).

EDIT: btw my itshappening.gif was for the probably first official use of the SteamOS logo, who gives a shit about WiiU? :D

The_Monk

They were asking people about it, trying to get some feedback and I guess they've decided to go ahead with it.

I really, really hope this doesn't delay the release of the PC version, though. Feels like this game has been in development forever. I'm dying for a good sim racer with some eye candy.

You and me fellow GAFfer, but this game seems to be quite demanding so I'm not sure how well can it run on weaker hardware but let's hope for the best. A PS4 version is a nice fit, Wii U in this game? No way in my honest opinion.

derExperte

Never heard of thos one before: http://store.steampowered.com/app/258890/ Type:Rider

&#8220;You Never Realized Fonts Could Be This Exciting&#8221;
KOTAKU

Hm

Yes, it has maybe three or four really hard passages, the rest is still challenging but not on the level of SMB or They Bleed Pixels. Still around four hours of good platforming with great music
(and voices).

I even went for all the stars which was a nice challenge, took me 8hrs and it's funny how easy some once super difficult parts become. The rest of the achievements though? Madness.

Daily: Anomaly Warzone Earth 60% off

Anomaly 2 is 60% too and they released Anomaly Korea plus some campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom