• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

Not enough for bundle I'd argue.

I was just explaining what Devolver did because you didn't seem familiar with their games.

If we leave out the Serious Sam I could see a bundle with Hotline Miami, Dungeon Hearts, Duke Nukem Megaton, and Shadow Warrior Classic in the base tier with Foul Play and maybe something like Viscera Cleanup Shadow Warrior in the $6.

This been posted yet?

QhKHtKu.jpg

https://twitter.com/ForkParker/status/398164835428347905

*EDIT*

YUUUUUUUUUUUUP

Sendou

So it's for SteamOS, but not Linux? What the hell?!

I think SteamOS support is just Linux support + maybe some SteamOS specific functions regarding Steam Controller or something.

I was just explaining what Devolver did because you didn't seem familiar with their games.

If we leave out the Serious Sam I could see a bundle with Hotline Miami, Dungeon Hearts, Duke Nukem Megaton, and Shadow Warrior Classic in the base tier with Foul Play and maybe something like Viscera Cleanup Shadow Warrior in the $6.

Fair enough.

MRORANGE

I know. So why it's not on the list? Just for the sake of shortening it? It's like saying only "available for Ubuntu" even if other distros can use it as well.

SteamOS isn't based on Ubuntu but you're right, it's about brand recognition to be quite honest, if we put a lable saying OpenSuse only 3 people would give a damn.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Seriously Gaf, instead of donning a Saoirse avatar feel free to join the Joe Cabot crew, 4 places are still remaining, pm a mod for a name change while your at it.

I really should change my name to Rain_1, the name i've been using on the internet since 1997.

Nobody in this thread will know who I am though.. :(

I really should change my name to Rain_1, the name i've been using on the internet since 1997.

Nobody in this thread will know who I am though.. :(

I would, but then I did spend a while saying "is that drizzle from gaf on my steam friends?" until it stuck.

Last time I checked, yes you, can change your name, ask a mod.

Is that even possible? lol

I asked Stump to take out the _ from my name to match the name I use everywhere else. Just send him a cookie when you do.

Cth

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

The Showdown Effect -- MB-848AEB81FC8F4624 - Taken by Slacker. 2 entrants total.

t1383767177z1.png

Reposting from a contest I entered last night half asleep..

Thanks Jame Retief who originally gave this away!

Dr Dogg

A decent movie I guess.

Seriously Gaf, instead of donning a Saoirse avatar feel free to join the Joe Cabot crew, 4 places are still remaining, pm a mod for a name change while your at it.

iYyQmy0zIAIuB.png
ibwexNqJ9KpFxy.png
i2sU7t6GabB1X.png
i6ScEk0NxLjeL.png

Fair play to anyone who gets on this but come on "Mr. Brown"? That's little too close to "Mr. Shit".

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hahahaha it's a quote from Reservoir Dogs. The next line is:-

"Yeah, "Mr. Pink" sounds like "Mr. Pussy". Tell you what, let me be Mr. Purple. That sounds good to me. I'm Mr. Purple."

Damn, you're right. Been so long since I watched Reservoir Dogs...

Dr Dogg

Damn, you're right. Been so long since I watched Reservoir Dogs...

Yeah I was thinking about digging it out after MRORANGE's post. Though with Sqeenix putting all the old Eidos games on Steam these days I wonder if we'll get the PC port of Reservoir Dogs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Half of those I really like and could see Valve using: Game and DLC Color-Coding, HowLongToBeat Info, and No More Age Verification Prompts

The rest I really like as well, but I can't see Valve implementing them due to the fact that they benefit the consumer without really benefiting Valve in any way.

I'll be the first to admit there are a lot of features in Enhanced Steam that Valve would never implement, for business reasons. I'd also probably admit that those features are the reason they haven't hired me. But I figured it was more important for people to have these great features rather than worry about my own financial gain.

Every single feature that's part of Enhanced Steam helps users solve a particular problem or frustration they have with the website. There have only been (to my knowledge) two Enhanced Steam features that they've implemented themselves, out of hundreds.

For example, with age verification: Valve would still be in compliance if there were to record your age one time (such as when you create your account) and store it with your account information. Then, rather than having the age verification check each time you access an M rated game they could just read the info from your account. And just like the age verification screen now, you could obviously lie about it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see that Valve is putting effort into changing their client and improving it. But that and the marketplace/community aspects of Steam seem to be where they're devoting most of their time at the moment. Which is sad, because their storefront really could use a lot of the usability enhancements that Enhanced Steam provides.

Has Valve said anything about when they're announcing the 300 lucky recipients of the Steam Machine beta boxes?

Here's some information!
Beta participants will receive the game Metro: Last Light
6 NOVEMBER - GREGORI
Those of us working on the Steam Machines project are excited about this launch: Deep Silver and 4A Games yesterday released the Linux version of Metro: Last Light on Steam, and confirmed support for SteamOS and the Steam Controller.

Metro already supports Steam Play, meaning that owners of any Steam version will automatically find the game added to their Windows PC, Mac and Linux Steam libraries.

Metro: Last Light will also ship for free to the 300 recipients of Valve’s prototype Steam Machine. We will be announcing a few more games that will be part of the beta in the coming days. We will also be selecting final beta participants soon from the pool of eligible applicants, so stay tuned for that, along with more info about how the new in-home streaming feature of Steam.

MRORANGE

Eh... really didn't mean to derail the thread that badly, sorry about that.
Have some keys, this is a multi entry 24 hour competition, that means you can apply for more than one code. If it's a Warner brothers game or Worms then use this link and add the code at the end of the urls:
Code:
https://www.humblebundle.com/downloads?key=

turns into:

https://www.humblebundle.com/downloads?key=INSERTYOURCODEHERE

GL:HF!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 50 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Kane & Lynch 2 -- MB-679D0B9F4BFB7564 - Taken by Tellaerin. 71 entrants total.
Organ Trail Directors Cut -- MB-97CC77E7052176BA - Taken by georaldc. 13 entrants total.
Agricultural Simulator 2011 -- MB-8989AAD7A958F209 - Taken by wetflame. 12 entrants total.
Worms Armageddon -- MB-2A2145DE1F4C983D - Taken by denx. 12 entrants total.
GTR FIA GT Racing -- MB-BEC714A2D839FF9C - Taken by Blablurn. 12 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-D3FE57C16CA714AF - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 10 entrants total.
Worms Pinball -- MB-B9F67E7D3CA12324 - Taken by XShagrath. 1 entrants total.
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-EFCEFD69C59AA258 - Taken by neoism. 4 entrants total.
NecrovisioN -- MB-18A2F304973D3FCB - Taken by BorntoPlay. 9 entrants total.
Alien Zombie Megadeath -- MB-AB2EF268B81E57E2 - Taken by derExperte. 6 entrants total.
Worms Ultimate Mayhem -- MB-3AF4360FD9DE84FB - Taken by Whools. 1 entrants total.
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-A508D6F3C5CF72BA - Taken by Volcynika. 18 entrants total.
Commandos 3 Destination Berlin -- MB-7D80AB6035FD2361 - Taken by LiquidSolid. 6 entrants total.
Trainz Simulator Murchison 2 -- MB-BC4765050002F89D - Taken by Hasney. 3 entrants total.
The Void -- MB-0C9C1B576BB324CD - Taken by afternoon delight. 13 entrants total.
Shelter -- MB-5F70C8896AB03228 - Taken by Knurek. 18 entrants total.
Enclave -- MB-B6905E034C112B70 - Taken by Tizoc. 12 entrants total.
Forge Starter Pack -- MB-FA626FB111E32A1C - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.
Euro Truck Simulator -- MB-A0DD2AA34EB4FBB4 - Taken by Seanspeed. 16 entrants total.
Reaxxion -- MB-6069CC54A90486DF - Taken by Aitor. 8 entrants total.
Trainz Simulator 12 -- MB-38B2FA98808C448F - Taken by Slacker. 12 entrants total.
FEAR 2 Project -- MB-4C72917D2673EE42 - Taken by KenOD. 3 entrants total.
eXceed 2nd Vampire REX -- MB-827888FDC2F20384 - Taken by Vecks. 8 entrants total.
Joint Task Force -- MB-6A34E19CB72160A0 - Taken by fantomena. 8 entrants total.
Majesty 2 Collection -- MB-91D39D30E4D79464 - Taken by Tagyhag. 5 entrants total.
NecrovisioN Lost Company -- MB-8E4A79A120DD917A - Taken by Wok. 6 entrants total.
GT Legends -- MB-E4F55C4A9F70E1AE - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 11 entrants total.
Dark Fall Lost Souls -- MB-DCFB5FD829056FC5 - Taken by Arthea. 10 entrants total.
Clutch -- MB-CBAFB40B19C4BF5E - Taken by Baha. 4 entrants total.
Sanctum -- MB-592015AEDB93FEF1 - Taken by Camel Master. 5 entrants total.
Zombie Bowl o Rama -- MB-36B1795FD3ECD41F - Taken by Colin.. 3 entrants total.
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes -- MB-CA4CD62C9F4AC709 - Taken by DocSeuss. 30 entrants total.
Knights & Merchants -- MB-A2183519BC86FFEA - Taken by nacimento. 12 entrants total.
IL2 Sturmovik 1946 -- MB-9D05DDF20ED4EC56 - Taken by chronomac. 12 entrants total.
FEAR 3 -- MB-1DBED22C6E20C4F3 - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.
Rune Classic -- MB-E22433801952424D - Taken by Accoun. 10 entrants total.
ARES Extinction Agenda -- MB-ABE42FDFC8A4E591 - Taken by Freezard. 8 entrants total.
Nexus The Jupiter Incident -- MB-AA1C693E3DB016E6 - Taken by Kifimbo. 11 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-71767F5B3619657F - Taken by Anustart. 11 entrants total.
Rig n Roll -- MB-F4A8B0D02273C3E0 - Taken by JakeD. 2 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-03E4DB7F3428C92C - Taken by Terra_Ex. 27 entrants total.
Mount & Blade -- MB-B2DD7F356D7C2A50 - Taken by fernandes. 14 entrants total.
Air Conflicts Secret Wars -- MB-A7D64B4F4026F0E2 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 6 entrants total.
Two Worlds Epic Edition -- MB-0F45B9E0025D8235 - Taken by kevin1025. 15 entrants total.
Superfrog HD -- MB-792541A11D43FD65 - Taken by Milamber. 4 entrants total.
Garshasp Temple of the Dragon -- MB-08BFCE43B25E32FC - Taken by adaen. 10 entrants total.
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-2A1F57C878C199AC - Taken by louiedog. 13 entrants total.
Crusader Kings Complete -- MB-FA363EDE33554A2B - Taken by MikeDip. 7 entrants total.
Hoard Complete Pack -- MB-510B80D70870BF4F - Taken by Honey Bunny. 11 entrants total.
Worms Blast -- MB-69432743E318C3A4 - Taken by Apostate. 2 entrants total.

t1383855873z1.png

Hopefully this works (my first time).

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Superfrog HD -- MB-DA93E46E0035D846 - Taken by DXLelouch153
Worm Blasts -- MB-9FAC1D117B4F1540 - Taken by Gez

The_Monk

Very kind of you MRORANGE I might enter on a couple of games that I have given with Modbot in here but I don't own them (oh the the irony!).

Here's more:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Worms Pinball -- MB-F7D1D9930FC1216B - Taken by Gez
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-D7E1F927EB92CF66 - Taken by nightstorm
Worms Ultimate Mayhem -- MB-043E0F9236B8965D - Taken by GaussTek

Great giveaway MRORANGE. Entered for Kane and Lynch.

Hope this works:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-2BB34FE1C5A30C01 - Taken by Faabulous. 4 entrants total.

t1383771003z1.png

kulapik

Okay, after much problems I finally got this working. I actually dropped some keys but will giving them later on.. also I planned this giveaway to be much bigger - however I had to give some to my friends. However don't worry I'm planning to another at least similar sized giveaway when I get more keys. So this is my way of saying thanks GAF, you're the best. As I've said earlier I'm a long time reader but now I have become a GAFaddict, I always read what's on GAF when I wake up and it has become my go-to forum where I can read the latest gaming news and have a laugh as you guys have some very best gif-makers here.

tl;dr, here is the giveaway

Thank you! Entered in a bunch of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom