• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guácala. Es horrible así.

Dale click derecho al nombre del juego, le das a propiedades y ahí debe haber una pestaña de idiomas. Por lo menos así es en la mayoría de los juegos.

You must right click on game's name and there click Porperties. There should be a label named "language". At least, is like that in most games.
10/10. really thought the whole message was going to be in spanish.

DukeBobby

I'm somewhat enjoying Skyrim, now that I've put plenty of mods on it. It still plays like crap and runs at a sub-40 framerate, but it's so pwetty and I can run around naked in the tall grass with an erect penis.

The_Monk

Dirt 3 looks so pretty, it really is amazing, now I can't wait to grab Dirt 2 since it might better at least by the fact that is more racing/rally focused.

Snow, dirt and rain are all amazing in this game.

Anteater

Dirt 3 looks so pretty, it really is amazing, now I can't wait to grab Dirt 2 since it might better at least by the fact that is more racing/rally focused.

I should get myself some old fashion racing games that isn't open world, I haven't played one for so long.

What are all these steamapps in my games list?

So it's not just me

64gNzPQ.png

The_Monk

I should get myself some old fashion racing games that isn't open world, I haven't played one for so long.

The only bad thing is GFWL, I mentioned a couple of problems I had when I installed today in some previous pages but 2 out of 3 or 4 times I exited the game it always crashed. I have to go ctr+alt+del and stop the .exe

I also wonder what will happen for the online, I only tried one time today just for curiosity and I played a 5 Stage rally in a full lobby with 8 players, I was impressed. I wonder if Dirt 2 is still populated too.

Dirt 2 is equally pretty as well.

Yay! :) Now for the deal I missed many times and will wait since it's not very high priority.

Dec

Dirt 2 is equally pretty as well.

The only bad thing is GFWL, I mentioned a couple of problems I had when I installed today in some previous pages but 2 out of 3 or 4 times I exited the game it always crashed. I have to go ctr+alt+del and stop the .exe

I also wonder what will happen for the online, I only tried one time today just for curiosity and I played a 5 Stage rally in a full lobby with 8 players, I was impressed. I wonder if Dirt 2 is still populated too.

I have like 98 hours in Dirt 3 and I played for a fraction of that because it stayed open in the task manager lol. Also GFWL erased my Dirt 2 24 hour savegame... :(

Echoplx

Interesting read. Thanks! but how does people get refunds for games then? are they exceptions? or it really depends on the context? I mean, i know that supposedly, the user is entitled to one refund, but i don't see it on the excerpt you posted.

Pretty much as you said, all depends on the situation. From what I can recall the few times when refunds were widely demanded for certain games they were granted, so it's not been an issue so far.

Derrick01

Banned
Salsa I take it back there does seem to be another Riddler related glitch in Origins. I've found a couple points on the map where I picked up the data pack but it's still listed on my map and in the specific file group it's absent, as if I hadn't picked it up yet. So....I'm screwed I guess.

So when you enter a giveaway through modbot the instructions say to copy the entire line for the corresponding game into the body of the pm. Does this mean the name of the game too or just the code from where it starts "MB-"?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So when you enter a giveaway through modbot the instructions say to copy the entire line for the corresponding game into the body of the pm. Does this mean the name of the game too or just the code from where it starts "MB-"?
Both are fine. Stump developed a really solid parser.

vixlar

10/10. really thought the whole message was going to be in spanish.

Oh. I thought you spoke Spanish. I wrote it in spanish to give a better understanding to you, and in English to help anyone else who could have the same problem.

And it seems Batman AC has Latin American Spanish if you want to enjoy it, hehehe.

I really enjoy GRID. It is a fun racer, very pretty as well.

Salsa I take it back there does seem to be another Riddler related glitch in Origins. I've found a couple points on the map where I picked up the data pack but it's still listed on my map and in the specific file group it's absent, as if I hadn't picked it up yet. So....I'm screwed I guess.

Kind of happy I don't have it yet. That way I can wait for the all clear from you and salsa about glitches.

You mean this?

-_-

I've been playing Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY. What an amazing game, I played for almost 3 hours and the game is being able to pass the feel of you being Batman, hiding in shadows, striking silently, investigating the environment etc. I'm playing with Kb+M and it's working surprisingly well.

I found this question mark in a part of the game, what it purpose?

9184A8F902C322A4D05B26A3B4B5E46E63C0529D

-_-

I've been playing Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY. What an amazing game, I played for almost 3 hours and the game is being able to pass the feel of you being Batman, hiding in shadows, striking silently, investigating the environment etc. I'm playing with Kb+M and it's working surprisingly well.

It's part of the Riddler's trials/puzzles. Line up the dot and question mark and hold LB to scan it in.

Edit: Missed the bit where you are playing keyboard and Mouse, just press and hold the button to enter detective mode to scan something.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You will need need to progress a bit from that point for the riddles to unlock before the game will allow you to do a "scan" and consider it solved however.

Solving Riddler trophies, will get you experience points and of course work toward a small side-story through audio with the Riddler.

-_-

It really does get that feeling right. I love the first two games. As for the question marks, they are Riddler riddles basically. You should be near or past the point where the Riddler taunts you to find them.

DocSeuss

Haha, I accumulated those keys in the last few days, I was gonna go to 100, wasn't sure if Modbot would have exploded from the overload

If you have a disposable income that lets you buy indie games (where was Kane & Lynch 2 for sale?) means I need to kidnap you and wear your skin so that I too might give away many games and be internet santa jesus.

Oh. I thought you spoke Spanish. I wrote it in spanish to give a better understanding to you, and in English to help anyone else who could have the same problem.

And it seems Batman AC has Latin American Spanish if you want to enjoy it, hehehe.
I think i made you confused by replying and not being clearer. I'm not the one you first replied to. i just found you post humorous :p

Vibranium

Banned
Finally finished Bioshock Infinite, great googly moogly (to quote The Judge from Ace Attorney). The gameplay was definitely pretty repetitive and the combat was a chore, I wonder why I found Bioshock 1 more compelling in gunplay. I'll wait for a long time to pick up Burial At Sea 1 and 2.

As for the ending, I read the write-up explanation and it makes sense, while it was satisfying for me as Booker I did feel a little sad about what transpired as a result of the rules. I've had enough of my fill of multiple universes in comics haha.

Hopefully any future Bio games stay away from quantum theories though, too confusing.

Onto Batman AA and AC for my next playthroughs. Will play Brothers and The Swapper after.

Derrick01

Banned
Kind of happy I don't have it yet. That way I can wait for the all clear from you and salsa about glitches.

Well for this one if you don't care about getting 100% in the game then you'll be fine. I think you can even go after Riddler before collecting them all so it's only necessary for achievements I think. The story glitches have all been ironed out...for now anyway. They said they wanted to get another patch out tonight so keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't break anything else.

Colin.

Not that OCD :p If iwas like that, i would've done that when i got Duke Nukem Forever.
But really, i always laugh when i remember that guy who did another account. couldn't he just ask for a refund or just straight removing the game from the account? even uplay lets you unlink games from your account.

Not sure why someone would get so bothered about having a game tied to their account anyway. If you don't like it, just don't play it.

if you like rally games, wrc 4 just got put on steam and it's pretty good. doesn't have the 'extreme!' vibe of dirt though haha. but it has a good career mode and good online from what i've played.

it's a bit expensive atm tho, but my trader dude has it for $20. kinda muffed about that cos i paid $30 the day before i knew he had it for 20 -_-

never paying 20+ for a computer game again, i swear.

rtcn63

Finally finished Bioshock Infinite, great googly moogly (to quote The Judge from Ace Attorney). The gameplay was definitely pretty repetitive and the combat was a chore, I wonder why I found Bioshock 1 more compelling in gunplay. I'll wait for a long time to pick up Burial At Sea 1 and 2. .

The first two Bioshocks allowed you to carry all your weapons, and all the different ammo types that they came with. Enemies weren't mostly guys with guns shooting you from afar. More variety in attacks and strategy.

Ashodin

Hey fellas, APEXICON, my game is on Steam Greenlight! If you guys really love Puzzle Quest, or games like that, I'm here to answer any questions about it and such!

We got backed by Steve Fawkner, the original creator of Puzzle Quest too, so we have his blessing to really kick ass and take names :3

Vibranium

Banned
The first two Bioshocks allowed to carry all your weapons, and all the different ammo types that came with. Enemies weren't mostly guys with guns shooting you from afar. More variety in attacks and strategy.

Ok that's it haha, you put the words right into my mouth.

The weapon wheel is something that should have never never been taken away, and the ammo types were really fun. I think Splicers were just more entertaining overall too.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Well, the ones I've been trying don't work on Uplay, but I guess those are just CD keys?

Yes. I believe not all games are uPlay redeemable, only PoP and Silent Hunter are. The other are regular cd keys you'll input on the games itself to access whatever multiplayer/copy protection the game has.

That's what I think anyway. PoP and Silent Hunter are not giving out keys. The other games are.

Well for this one if you don't care about getting 100% in the game then you'll be fine. I think you can even go after Riddler before collecting them all so it's only necessary for achievements I think. The story glitches have all been ironed out...for now anyway. They said they wanted to get another patch out tonight so keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't break anything else.

I spent quite a bit of time getting all the Riddler trophies in AA and AC so yeah I'll want to do them in AO too. At least I am going through them first two again so that will buy WB time to get a patch out that doesn't cause problems before I get the game.

Turfster

Yes. I believe not all games are uPlay redeemable, only PoP and Silent Hunter are. The other are regular cd keys you'll input on the games itself to access whatever multiplayer/copy protection the game has.

That's what I think anyway. PoP and Silent Hunter are not giving out keys. The other games are.

Yeah, so basically, they're useless without the original discs.
They're not part of the Steam redeemable list either.

MRORANGE

If you have a disposable income that lets you buy indie games (where was Kane & Lynch 2 for sale?) means I need to kidnap you and wear your skin so that I too might give away many games and be internet santa jesus.

It's more a matter of timing and being very lucky, this happens to be the best time so far on accumulating keys, with several major bundle sites going off at the same time, factor in minimum costs to gain in most keys and price/cost of oversea transaction for UK customers it works in your favor.... sometimes.

Kane and Lynch has been sitting on my desk for the couple of days from a retail CD, I just didn't have it in me to add it to my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom