• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

okayfrog

Banned
First time doing this. Hope I did it right.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-2B020D9F5BB7ACC8 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 3 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-79C9D73AAAE3F9FD - Taken by gwynplaine. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-1A70BCDD1A547C96 - Taken by DXLelouch153. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-FE7C71A6C6012056 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 1 entrants total.

t1383813702z1.png

Arsenic

Ah, right. Did you use Steam's library folder function to install games across different drives? If so, ensure the folder settings are still in place and then just reinstall the games (you'll first want to ensure the drive letters match up). Assuming everything is as it should be, Steam will detect the existing data and not actually download anything.

Yup I did the original installations through steam. By folder settings, do you mean:

TFbk3xY.png

This? The original settings are gone, and they only allow me to chose an empty folder.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OMG finally beat the first operation in Surgeon Sim 2013. Using that flappy hand is IMPOSSIBLE at times. Got my hand stuck in the body and had to fuck about for two minutes to get it unstuck to continue with the operation.

And you're telling me I have to replace BOTH kidneys next Op!? Oh boy!?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yup I did the original installations through steam. By folder settings, do you mean:

TFbk3xY.png

This? The original settings are gone, and they only allow me to chose an empty folder.

Move the data out, select the folder, then move it back.

Edit:
STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates The Eighth: Rise of the Saoirse Clones

^In hindsight this should have been the title of the 7th thread, considering Saoirse Ronan is probably gonna be in the next star war film.

An orange after my own heart.

We jinxed it. :(

FOX_

Neo Member
Not sure if it's fixed or not, I'm kind of treating it like a single player game. A lot of people are mad because "ZOMG it's Star Trek, it's not supposed to be Action Packed©".

But that's kind an overarching problem with the whole franchise reboot. Wider audience appeal and all that. While I agree it's not "traditional Trek", it's surprisingly good.

Very likely to hit $5 (or less) during the next big sale. I'd say for that price it's a deal.

What I'd love to see is a fully-fledged TNG game. I've always been more of a TNG guy, with all due respect to the original series. But I suppose the reboot universe takes precedence now...

Arsenic

Move the data out, select the folder, then move it back.

It's working ^.^

It's odd, I tried this method before but was put off when the progress bar popped up showing speeds of 35MB/sec for moving the files. Weird, since it was on the same drive. Anyways, thanks man :D

JaseC

It's working ^.^

It's odd, I tried this method before but was put off when the progress bar popped up showing speeds of 35MB/sec for moving the files. Weird, since it was on the same drive. Anyways, thanks man :D

Glad you got it sorted. :)

So been playing Spelunky a ton and man I really love it but sometimes it seems weird shit happens just to kill you cheaply.

I'm trying to do a key run to the tunnel man and have a great start in the mines when I'm on 1-4. I got a cape, plenty of bombs and everything when the shopkeeper flips out for literally no reason at all screwing up my key run. I'm just standing there doing nothing and he flips out.

mannerbot

So been playing Spelunky a ton and man I really love it but sometimes it seems weird shit happens just to kill you cheaply.

I'm trying to do a key run to the tunnel man and have a great start in the mines when I'm on 1-4. I got a cape, plenty of bombs and everything when the shopkeeper flips out for literally no reason at all screwing up my key run. I'm just standing there doing nothing and he flips out.

If it was in the mines, it was probably a blue snake that aggroed him.

Dec

Finished Hotline Miami, it stopped working randomly but when I restarted my PC (rare) it just started working again.

Good game. Kind of short but it kind of feels long when you're playing it, non stop fast moving gameplay.

JaseC

Don't accept a friend request from this jackass

I told him that if he added me to get free games he was sorely mistaken and now he just says "hi" on the odd occasion. I'll block him if he begs again but for now he's not a bother.

i dont know why some people are desperate enough to beg for games anyways
just stalk this thread and post alot in it
probability will eventually be on your side

I'll send themed self-nudes to the first person to gift me Black Frag.
Don't rush all at once

Can't help but imagine people begging for games are kids or very young teenagers. Just not something you do.. Ask a friend for a loan sure, but not just begging random people.

Skab

Oh man. I just saw that King Arthur's Gold is now out on Steam. That game needs its own thread. I would love to get that going with a bunch of gaffers.

Steam keys for Fester Mudd (first Groupees Build a Greenlight bundle) are now up on Groupees. I'm actually surprised this happened at all, given what happened with Leisure Suit Larry in the same bundle.

wilflare

not sure if it's just me... but is anyone using the STEAM beta Client having their library come up with SteamApp(Insert numbers here) entries?

JaseC

Steam keys for Fester Mudd (first Groupees Build a Greenlight bundle) are now up on Groupees. I'm actually surprised this happened at all, given what happened with Leisure Suit Larry in the same bundle.

Thanks for the heads-up. As for Larry, that was a screw up on the part of Groupees: the game added to the bundle wasn't the Reloaded remake (although if memory serves it was initially advertised as such).

Finished Hotline Miami, it stopped working randomly but when I restarted my PC (rare) it just started working again.

Good game. Kind of short but it kind of feels long when you're playing it, non stop fast moving gameplay.

I started playing this myself a few days ago, thanks to a kind fellow GAFfer (Lain). I didn't much like it at first, but I'm starting to get really into it now and appreciate the high-speed, hair-trigger action. It does feel rather buggy though.

Wok

This is has not been taken yet.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shelter -- MB-D1BACB306B2F746C

This is a raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold -- MB-50F4D8A392A4D299 - Taken by Li Kao. 6 entrants total.

t1383898483z1.png

Arthea

JaseC

not sure if it's just me... but is anyone using the STEAM beta Client having their library come up with SteamApp(Insert numbers here) entries?

Somebody accidentally flagged some depots as games:

SteamApp6121 is tied to Shank subs while the rest are in Portal 2 subs. They're data depots and shouldn't be showing up as games.
----------
firstly congratulations Jasec on 2K. You can slow down now, probably. Oh who I'm kidding, of course you can't. (><)

tumblr_ml5p41ng1o1r08o2alw.gif

Secondly gamersgate have dirt and F1 franchises sale, also Eurotruck 2 weekend. some deals are so tempting, Dirt ones especially. Tell me that GFWL is no issue anymore.

GFWL is being patched out of Dirt 3 while the rest of Codemasters' games "are being looked at".

Grief.exe

We talking bout straight headphones? Or a full on Headset?

lol Headset

iF6PqbgFWmW12.gif

HDMI to your monitor (HDMI to DVI adapter/cable if your monitor has no HDMI in)

Use the A/V cable that your PS3 came with with an RCA (female) to stereo adapter to either connect to your headphones (female on the stereo adapter) or go into your computer (male stereo adapter) and then out to your headphones. I use an Asus Xonar amp, but it's not necessary.

Thanks I was finding that solution in my research as well.

JaseC

you broke 2k?

xelios watch your back

I was so excited I couldn't help myself: I bought a bunch of crap yesterday to bump me up to 1,999. I'm still a little bummed that the SGSF didn't get me to 2k despite being listed as a game in the registry, but at least the investment wasn't a total waste since the money goes to Child's Play. Maybe that good karma will see me snag a Steam Machine. ;)

Edit: And thanks again to wetflame for gifting me MirrorMoon EP, which did get me to 2,000.

Dr Dogg

GFWL is being patched out of Dirt 3 while the rest of Codemasters' games "are being looked at".

I wonder if they will allow keys to be redeemed on Steam after that ATI kerfuffle?

lol Headset

Hahahaha your mean. True but mean.

I use a Fiio e11 headphone amp connected to the 3.5mm out of my monitor. Audio passthrough HDMI is fine with both my LG & Dell but obviously is monitor dependant. My DR150's are 32 ohm so would be fine without but are a bit on the quite side otherwise due to being open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom