• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads-up. As for Larry, that was a screw up on the part of Groupees: the game added to the bundle wasn't the Reloaded remake (although if memory serves it was initially advertised as such).

Wasn't it advertised as Reloaded until well after the bundle ended? I know I was surprised when I checked it a couple of months later and found that it had suddenly been changed to 1991. And I'm pretty sure they had the "Vote for this on Greenlight and you'll get a free Steam key when we're Greenlit" banner that I'm sure got them a few thousand votes. It came across really poorly, as it's a mistake you'd expect would be spotted immediately by the developers.

Sure. The theme is prolapsed anuses.

iSqdMLjYrguba.gif

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I was so excited I couldn't help myself: I bought a bunch of crap yesterday to bump me up to 1,999. I'm still a little bummed that the SGSF didn't get me to 2k despite being listed as a game in the registry, but at least the investment wasn't a total waste since the money goes to Child's Play. Maybe that good karma will see me snag a Steam Machine. ;)

Edit: And thanks again to wetflame for gifting me MirrorMoon EP, which did get me to 2,000.

Haha, when I thought about it later I realised I probably took away your special 2000th game, which I felt a little bad about!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wasn't it advertised as Reloaded until well after the bundle ended? I know I was surprised when I checked it a couple of months later and found that it had suddenly been changed to 1991. And I'm pretty sure they had the "Vote for this on Greenlight and you'll get a free Steam key when we're Greenlit" banner that I'm sure got them a few thousand votes. It came across really poorly, as it's a mistake you'd expect would be spotted immediately by the developers.

It was a while ago so my memory is a bit foggy. I certainly agree that the stuff-up should have been spotted and corrected sooner, but I was just clarifying that it wasn't a case of a publisher refusing to recognise prior purchases (it would have been nice of Replay to honour Groupees' mistake, but at the end of the day it was under no obligation to do so).

Haha, when I thought about it later I realised I probably took away your special 2000th game, which I felt a little bad about!

Haha, don't feel bad: I had nothing in mind. I haven't even chosen a new "white whale" now that I've bought both Saw and Silent Hill. Maybe Rogue Warrior? I've forgotten to buy it a few times now.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was so excited I couldn't help myself: I bought a bunch of crap yesterday to bump me up to 1,999. I'm still a little bummed that the SGSF didn't get me to 2k despite being listed as a game in the registry, but at least the investment wasn't a total waste since the money goes to Child's Play. Maybe that good karma will see me snag a Steam Machine. ;)

Edit: And thanks again to wetflame for gifting me MirrorMoon EP, which did get me to 2,000.

I hear gabe really wants to play the getaway but couldn't get it in time, you could trade him your account for a steam machine

JaseC

Seanspeed

Banned
firstly congratulations Jasec on 2K. You can slow down now, probably. Oh who I'm kidding, of course you can't. (><)

Secondly gamersgate have dirt and F1 franchises sale, also Eurotruck 2 weekend. some deals are so tempting, Dirt ones especially. Tell me that GFWL is no issue anymore.

edited:
forgot to post links
-75%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DIRT2/colin-mcrae-dirt-2
-83%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DIRTS/dirt-showdown
-83%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DRT3/dirt-3
Nice, thanks.

The Euro Truck Sim 2 deal has the game plus Going East for less than £7.

I also picked up DIRT3.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey guys, what's going on-

ModBot said:
I am giving away 33 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Electronic Super Joy -- MB-536F0A4D645F789C - Taken by alr1ght. 10 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Call of Juarez -- MB-1239E53F866DFBAA - Taken by dave is ok. 15 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-4F086B42D2C3613C - Taken by out getting ribs. 4 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-11211F9D6BEC6C94 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

NecrovisioN -- MB-B820E3DFFE4B9FA8 - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Lightfish -- MB-A702046C16AC78C1 - Taken by drizzle. 3 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Sword of the Stars The Pit -- MB-BCFE1F6E7202D872 - Taken by Servizio. 15 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Botanicula -- MB-02BF6FFFBB91BFFE - Taken by fantomena. 2 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Organ Trail Director's Cut -- MB-1AC1D1C727064A39 - Taken by sheaaaa. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-359B0DF958BC7EFE - Taken by Reckoner. 5 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Bientot lete -- MB-A326C05E24B372ED - Taken by denx. 9 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Shelter -- MB-95B313EEF56B7FCA - Taken by ricochetguro. 10 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Amnesia Dark Descent -- MB-2E1EB0C42C1A2E92 - Taken by gwynplaine. 2 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Knights of Pen and Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-231ADC13C46409B7 - Taken by Lord British. 8 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Euro Truck Simulator -- MB-7458133A37FD01B9 - Taken by Melted77. 8 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Brutal Legend -- MB-6FBD0F742426374B - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-0DE385751A6D1CA5 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by gabbo

header_292x136.jpg

Dark Fall Lost Souls -- MB-2315D473A623B2D3 - Taken by C00kie M0nster. 4 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Killing Floor -- MB-8858370237323AB6 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 3 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-862A357225941A46 - Taken by Retne. 6 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Lucius -- MB-FD3BA1854249DF8D - Taken by louiedog. 3 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Rig n Roll -- MB-B3670E1645F4A354 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

FEZ -- MB-43BE7B9CBD59B877 - Taken by AkuMifune. 16 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-5B5B6F62C018ACB2 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-C590ED2F1FCE89D8 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 3 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Face Noir -- MB-FB82070ABFE86856 - Taken by Wok. 5 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

The Void -- MB-E5D9E50EF8F9C995 - Taken by Anteater. 2 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

The 39 Steps -- MB-0ED56F73A8DE83DA - Taken by Dambrosi. 2 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Mirror's Edge -- MB-4D58E09CCD78909A - Taken by ekim. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

McPixel -- MB-2965E8C16C466316 - Taken by Aaron. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Two Worlds II -- MB-FD39AFF20EB6FF8B - Taken by Vecks. 5 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

The Whispered World -- MB-5633C88DCF20E6D3 - Taken by XShagrath. 2 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club -- MB-C09DEE57EE875D49 - Taken by Iron Badger. 10 entrants total.

t1383902128z1.png

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like JaseC was right, I think.

Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition (RU+CIS)

3 minutes ago Removed onlyallowrunincountries &#8211; RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD TJ TM UZ UA LV LT EE
3 minutes ago Changed changenumber &#8211; 309073 &#8250; 324374
3 days ago Removed store name &#8211; Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition

I'm guessing people who bought the RU copies a few weeks back will be able to play 'em.

Apologies for the silly question but does that mean that you can get the deluxe russian copies again (via TF2 key trading or whatever) and run it with no problems when it comes out or is it restricted in some other way now ?

zkylon

zkylewd

JaseC

Apologies for the silly question but does that mean that you can get the deluxe russian copies again with no problems or is it restricted in some other way now ?

Recent pre-orders are still region-locked as the new subs Ubi is using on the store (34053 and 34052) were restricted from the off. Ubi is just correcting a mistake: the original pre-order subs (32624 and 32627) were retroactively region-locked after two weeks, a restriction Ubi has now lifted (though the standard edition has yet to be updated) since the subs are no longer being offered, so the change only affects those who pre-ordered prior to the new subs being put into commission.

wait garry doesn't have pirates of the black cove?

oh shit I have that game

He has the vanilla version but not the Gold Edition (unless he bought the bundle, haha).

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Recent pre-orders are still region-locked as the new subs Ubi is using on the store (34053 and 34052) were restricted from the off. Ubi is just correcting a mistake: the original pre-order subs (32624 and 32627) were retroactively region-locked after two weeks, a restriction Ubi has now lifted (though the standard edition has yet to be updated) since the subs are no longer being offered, so the change only affects those who pre-ordered prior to the new subs being put into commission.

Ok thanks :) I thought it was going to be something along those lines. Not that I'm in any big rush to buy it, still haven't finished Brotherhood!

derFeef

I am sure it has ben discussed and asked before but I can't find anything - what's the deal with not getting any cards or boosterpacks? Like, at all?

JaseC

So it's basically impossible to get a deal on Black Flag now? Bummer. Buying a PC game at full price is weird :/

Hit up Steam Trades/TF2 Outpost. You should be able to pick up an Asian/Brazilian copy on the cheap (neither of which are region-locked).

Arthea

Great giveaway Dusk! Entered some

I am sure it has ben discussed and asked before but I can't find anything - what's the deal with not getting any cards or boosterpacks? Like, at all?

Join our little club. I started getting cards again actually, no booster packs though. I call it curse.

Deques

Reposting my small giveaway from yesterday

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Electronic Super Joy -- MB-CEE845207553CC79

t1383749355z1.png

So these keys are from the bugged giveaway. Also other ones I think are not taken but I couldn't resubmit them as modbot classifies them as taken... well I don't know, maybe they are taken, anyway here are some of those keys that bugged in last giveaway...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise (Origin) -- MB-7C0070562AA6535B
ulgzbKC.png
eXceed Gun Bullet Children (Desura) -- MB-63A9F96A003BDA2A - Taken by cardinalmind
Medal of Honor -- MB-6153FD3DD4107F45 - Taken by kulapik. 2 entrants total. - Taken by kulapik. 5 entrants total.
Men of War Red Tide #2 -- MB-1484A3F61DE5A647
Nightsky -- MB-8A0C9EC151B46EEC - Taken by gwynplaine. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Burnout Paradise (Origin) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Error: The key you tried to add for Survivor Squad (Desura) failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Men of War Condemned Heroes failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for The 39 Steps failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Men of War Condemned Heroes #2 failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Suguri Collection (Desura) failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Pirates of the Black Cove Gold failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for End My World (Desura) failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for eXceed Gun Bullet Children (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Medal of Honor was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Error: The key you tried to add for Reign Conflict of Nations failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for The Showdown Effect failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for Men of War Red Tide #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Error: The key you tried to add for Greed Corp failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Two Worlds II failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Space Zombies and Pirates failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for Nightsky was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Error: The key you tried to add for Magicka failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1383904198z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
People really need to omit Origin out of FEAR2 :lol

People get scared, thinking it's an origin key.
That's fine, only the worthy may join the First Encounter Assault and Reconnaissance team and fight Alma. The rest will be forever stuck in Delta Force, providing support as a secondary character.

Oh, this is the sequel we are talking about? Too bad, you'll be Delta then!

Gamersgate is featuring a new indie bundle

• Masterspace
  • Heroes of a Broken Land (Beta)
  • Tales of Maj'Eyal
  • Smooth Operators: Call Center Chaos
  • Time to Explain

All are not Steam redeemable

http://se.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle

I hope they do better than last time. The previous IndieFort ended up selling fewer than 500 copies. Meanwhile, the Strategy Bundle-In-A-Box from yesterday has sold a little over 300 so far. I can't help but think they should maybe rethink their pricing strategy. The current $5.25 BTA is probably too much, especially compared to what BeMine X is offering for $5 and the Humble WB Bundle for $4.64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom