• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazoo

Just bought Venetica from gamersgate. It has some sort of DRM inside it. One example of a greenlighted game that will probably never come out since dtp is out of business. Hopefully deck13 can recover the rights (they have 2 games on steam this fall so ?).

The_Monk

Nice, thanks.

The Euro Truck Sim 2 deal has the game plus Going East for less than £7.

I also picked up DIRT3.

Good to know, let me know if you find any problems with GFWL, I installed couple of days ago. Dirt 3 looks so pretty, I'm amazed at this.

Also, this only shows how humble bundles really spoiled me completely... I'm looking at Dirt 2 and I'm saying, hmm I can wait (actually that's true, I can just wait).

Deques

No Time to Explain is just a DRM-free download but the rest are also on Greenlight. I've edited in links.

There is no guarantee that Gamersgate will provide Steam keys. Many of the previous IndieForte games that have been released in Steam provided Steam keys through the developers websites. I am not sure whether any of these games will provide keys at all

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There is no guarantee that Gamersgate will provide Steam keys. Many of the previous IndieForte games that have been released in Steam provided Steam keys through the developers websites. I am not sure whether any of these games will provide keys at all

There's never a guarantee when buying outside of the developer's own store, but GamersGate has provided keys in the past (e.g. Zafehouse).

Edit: From the IGBW:

(Emphasis added for readability.)

Dec

Good to know, let me know if you find any problems with GFWL, I installed couple of days ago. Dirt 3 looks so pretty, I'm amazed at this.

Also, this only shows how humble bundles really spoiled me completely... I'm looking at Dirt 2 and I'm saying, hmm I can wait (actually that's true, I can just wait).

Oh ya, on the topic of Dirt 3 I actually won a copy back at release because a facebook page had a giveaway where you had to "name the most consistent part of your life". I made a post about consistently disliking peoples drama stories about why they deserve Dirt 3, but consistently liking honesty and they actually chose me. That was a surprising day.

There's never a guarantee when buying outside of the developer's own store, but GamersGate has provided keys in the past (e.g. Zafehouse).

Edit: From the IGBW:

Unfortunately, they've also said they would provide Steam keys in the past, only to change their minds later, e.g. Achron.

JaseC

Unfortunately, they've also said they would provide Steam keys in the past, only to change their minds later, e.g. Achron.

I realise keys aren't guaranteed; I even said as much. I'm just making the point that there are Greenlight games in the bundle and so there's a chance for keys to be offered later. If you're feeling hesitant, just pay a buck and use your Blue Coins if possible.

mrgone

No Time to Explain is just a DRM-free download but the rest are also on Greenlight. I've edited in links.

Any idea if Gamersgate kicks in Steam keys for DRM-free stuff that's greenlit? I'd totally be in for Tales of Maj'Eyal, and some of the other games look pretty neat too.

edit: Dang-it, should've refreshed :)

dejan

I did something the other day I'm really not proud of. I bought a bunch of games on sale and immediately installed and *looksdowninshame* ... played them. And what's even worse it felt ... kinda good. I know it's wrong and I promised myself to never do it again. Sorry for bothering you guys, but I had to get this off my chest.

JaseC

Any idea if Gamersgate kicks in Steam keys for DRM-free stuff that's greenlit? I'd totally be in for Tales of Maj'Eyal, and some of the other games look pretty neat too.

There are a few cases of Steam keys being given to IndieFort purchasers. The page makes no mention of Greenlight so I'd contact the developer if you want to be on the safe side.

Dec

I did something the other day I'm really not proud of. I bought a bunch of games on sale and immediately installed and *looksdowninshame* ... played them. And what's even worse it felt ... kinda good. I know it's wrong and I promised myself to never do it again. Sorry for bothering you guys, but I had to get this off my chest.

I actually finished two games today instead of playing Dota. Unfortunately I just launched Dota.

I realise keys aren't guaranteed; I even said as much. I'm just making the point that there are Greenlight games in the bundle and so there's a chance for keys to be offered later. If you're feeling hesitant, just pay a buck and use your Blue Coins if possible.

Oh, I realise that. I just thought it was worth emphasizing the point because Gamersgate is, let's face it, pretty inefficient at times, and the guy who manages the IndieFort section even more so (even if his heart is in the right place) - to the extent of promising Steam keys when promoting his bundle on a forum, only to go back and edit his post a few days later to remove the reference. [Sorry, I no longer have the link to this, otherwise I would post it.]

EDIT: Actually, I DO still have the link and got it wrong. What he later said was:

We will be offering steam codes (for a select few devs who DO want to distribute steam keys as thanks. Let me explain, all of the games in the bundle have GamersGate keys, while SOME are also on Steam. Of those on Steam, we asked if they wanted to provide Steam Keys. Some said no, so to those who believed that ALL games had Steam keys, or that all games that HAD Steam keys were going to give free keys, or to those who thought they would get TWO keys (Steam and Gamersgate to give to a friend), On a side note, I have been informed that some of Sigma Team's keys are not registering on Steam, we are working to sort it because I know for a fact that we recieved them, it'll be sorted soon enough, sorry folks! Also, I can confirm achron didn't want his keys to be released via Steam, and while I can't go into details as to the WHY I can say I fully support his decision and Chris himself is a great guy. Sorry guys!

JaseC

Oh, I realise that. I just thought it was worth emphasizing the point because Gamersgate is, let's face it, pretty inefficient at times, and the guy who manages the IndieFort section even more so (even if his heart is in the right place) - to the extent of promising Steam keys when promoting his bundle on a forum, only to go back and edit his post a few days later to remove the reference. [Sorry, I no longer have the link to this, otherwise I would post it.]

To play IndieFort Advocate for a moment, it's possible that he was told Steam keys would be provided and then the developer had a change of heart, but even so, I agree that attempting to revise history doesn't engender confidence.

Edit: Oh, so there was nothing shady at all. :p

To play IndieFort Advocate for a moment, it's possible that he was told Steam keys would be provided and then the developer had a change of heart, but even so, I agree that attempting to revise history doesn't engender confidence.

Yep, see my edit above ;)

Oh, so there was nothing shady at all. :p

No, there wasn't in the end, but the last time I visited that thread that explanation was not there and some people were getting quite entitled vexed about what they thought they should be getting. Sorry for the misunderstanding ;)

Arthea

aww, don't feel bad, I do it all the time (secretly), finishing them is another matter entirely.

Raytow

Anyone tried Blackguards? is from daedelic, is a hex grid! turn based rpg based in the dark eye, and looks freaking good, price is steep to go in blind, so any reviews, or previews would be appreciated.

Deques

If the weekly humble deal sucks I'll get WB

The rumor is either the Pinball tables or Devolver games. Either is fine by me

Anyone tried Blackguards? is from daedelic, is a turn based rpg based in the dark eye, and looks freaking good, price is steep to go in blind, so any reviews, or previews would be appreciated.

It looks like a fun game. but I need to check more gameplay videos of it. Just watched some videos which didn't show much action...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Somehow I have Batman Arkham Asylum in my list of games but I never bought it or won it through Modbot. I don't understand. I won Arkham City thanks to KarmaCow, but I just randomly have Arkham Asylum in there too now. What the fuck?

Somehow I have Batman Arkham Asylum in my list of games but I never bought it or won it through Modbot. I don't understand. I won Arkham City thanks to KarmaCow, but I just randomly have Arkham Asylum in there too now. What the fuck?

Didn't the owners of Arkham City got a free copy of Arkham Asylum?

JaseC

So anybody tried out grim dawn yet? Kind of a hefty price.

Did you like Titan Quest? If so, you'll enjoy Grim Dawn. Particular attention has been paid to improving the combat: it both looks and sounds as though you're making an impact.

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shelter -- MB-BA687B2FD401573F - Taken by Nabs
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-A65FB91783163A84 - Taken by ashecitism
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-040BF7AC0E4D3D9E - Taken by zkylon
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-101FA916D6D0EF32 - Taken by Boss Doggie
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-7BA0F72019B353D3 - Taken by Aaron

Nabs

Thanks for Shelter. I should still pick up that bundle before it's over.

Dirt 3 is really pretty. Grid 2 looks nice as well.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Did you like Titan Quest? If so, you'll enjoy Grim Dawn. Particular attention has been paid to improving the combat: it both looks and sounds as though you're making an impact.
my only problem is that it doesn't have a quirk that makes it distinct from being a diabloclone.

Thanks for Fear2, Motorbreath. Going to need a shooter to off-balance AA and DP and want to see how it is compared to the first game, even if opinions weren't that favorable.

bloke

Secondly gamersgate have dirt and F1 franchises sale, also Eurotruck 2 weekend. some deals are so tempting, Dirt ones especially. Tell me that GFWL is no issue anymore.

edited:
forgot to post links
-75%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DIRT2/colin-mcrae-dirt-2
-83%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DIRTS/dirt-showdown
-83%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DRT3/dirt-3

Thanks for the tip... took a bite and got myself Dirt2...but just like with Grid2 I'll probably end up never playing it :p

Copons

Anyone heard of Stack Social? They've got CoD 4 for $4.99:
https://stacksocial.com/sales/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare

Just for heads up, it seems to be Mac only, and if IIRC CoD series is one of the very few that don't use Steamplay for multi OS compatibility.

EDIT: uh, no, CoD: MW seems to actually be Steamplay http://store.steampowered.com/app/7940/
Just, it seemed weird that on StackSocial they stressed out in various place about Mac (like, there is only the OSX logo, and in system requirements, they just talk about Mac :D )

Arthea

I did some research and found no official confirmation that GFWL will be removed from Dirt games or Dirt 3.

So, no I'm confused.

Just for heads up, it seems to be Mac only, and if IIRC CoD series is one of the very few that don't use Steamplay for multi OS compatibility.

EDIT: uh, no, CoD: MW seems to actually be Steamplay http://store.steampowered.com/app/7940/
Just, it seemed weird that on StackSocial they stressed out in various place about Mac (like, there is only the OSX logo, and in system requirements, they just talk about Mac :D )
Activision would not give up any chance to monetize.

Salsa

awwhh yisss

pjXl2iW.jpg

mobile games that should come to steam pt.2

Ubi is dumb

so, is it Steamplay? can I redeem it in Windows Steam client?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom