• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

I realise keys aren't guaranteed; I even said as much. I'm just making the point that there are Greenlight games in the bundle and so there's a chance for keys to be offered later. If you're feeling hesitant, just pay a buck and use your Blue Coins if possible.
wow. Very nice. Thanks for the heads up about this, otherwise I might have forgotten about my Blue Coins expiring soon. Paid $1.05, 20% off compensation discount automatically applied, blue coins covered the now $.84 purchase.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wow. Very nice. Thanks for the heads up about this, otherwise I might have forgotten about my Blue Coins expiring soon. Paid $1.05, 20% off compensation discount automatically applied, blue coins covered the now $.84 purchase.

Yeah, I had no idea Blue Coins expired at all until just the other day, so I made use of them myself.

cicero

This is pretty much what I was leaning towards.

I am very curious about the modern fallout games though. It's a pretty glaring omission that I haven't played either yet I think.

Most people seem to have a favorite and dislike the other Fallout game. Personally, I enjoyed both.

As for Fallout: New Vegas, since reading about the free mod unofficially released by Obsidian's lead designer J.E. Sawyer, I have been somewhat fascinated by the idea of eventually doing an ironman playthrough.

Sbik

Neo Member
Is this old news?

Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare $4.99 (STEAM key)
https://stacksocial.com/sales/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare

3660589935_ea3cd360_ECBD9CEC98B5.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
header.jpg

Call of Duty: Ghosts
I thought since everyone hates the fuck out of this series now I would review the game's campaign.

What I Liked:
  • The space and scuba segments felt pretty damn inspired. I have a hard time thinking of any other game that has even attempted something on that level and made controlling it feel that natural.
  • The pacing felt really good. There are a lot of quiet segments and small shootouts. Most levels only have one real setpiece. This works well.
  • While there are some weak aspects of the engine, they push things to a whole other level here visually compared to Blops 2. A couple levels looked on par with anything I have seen from Killzone 4.
  • The guns felt punchier then previous entries. The kick, damage, and sound all come together really nicely. It added nicely to the slower shootout pacing. Oh and in that train level aiming is appropriately hard as hell.
  • The length was perfect. I played on the hardest difficulty with a controller and it took me about 8 hours to finish it. There were only a couple shootouts I had to attempt more than say 3 or so times.
What I Was Okay With:
  • I really liked the concept of the villain in the game, but I didn't care for his visual design and I wasn't sold on the voice actor they chose for him.
  • I would have apprecaited a bit more moments with the father and his two sons. Making the story even more personal would have only helped.
  • The dog was nicely executed in terms of gameplay, but he wasn't used enough. I understand he can't use scuba gear, but there were definitely a couple levels that would have benefitted from his presence.
What I Didn't Like
  • The whole Las Vegas level kinda sucked in the gameplay department. The shootouts were poorly executed and the the final segment was poorly thought out.
  • I wanted more scuba and space content. More more more. It was all so perfect.
  • While turret segments constitute like 5 minutes total of the actual game, they felt rough around the edges.
  • I have to wait 12 months to get another world-class scripted mcshootbang.
Overall
As a connoisseur of the series and shootbangs in general, I was really pleased with the corpse of Infinity Ward's effort here. They found a really nice middle ground between the insanity of the recent entries and some quieter shooting affairs.

nacimento

Alright steam friends, I'm in the mood to play a rpg again. Your mission, should you choose to accept is to help me decide which of the following I should invest my time in.

Witcher 2 (6 hours in)
Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout 3 GOTY
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning (13 hours in)

Dragon Age if you don't need Witcher 2 visuals right now.

Enco

Steam is getting some serious flack over at Reddit.

I have to say I agree 100% with most comments.

We give them way too much freedom to fuck around. They pull off pretty much the same shit EA. All of this crap makes me want to slowly ditch them and move over to GOG/Origin/uPlay.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
header.jpg

Call of Duty: Ghosts
I thought since everyone hates the fuck out of this series now I would review the game's campaign.

What I Liked:
  • The space and scuba segments felt pretty damn inspired. I have a hard time thinking of any other game that has even attempted something on that level and made controlling it feel that natural.
  • The pacing felt really good. There are a lot of quiet segments and small shootouts. Most levels only have one real setpiece. This works well.
  • While there are some weak aspects of the engine, they push things to a whole other level here visually compared to Blops 2. A couple levels looked on par with anything I have seen from Killzone 4.
  • The guns felt punchier then previous entries. The kick, damage, and sound all come together really nicely. It added nicely to the slower shootout pacing. Oh and in that train level aiming is appropriately hard as hell.
  • The length was perfect. I played on the hardest difficulty with a controller and it took me about 8 hours to finish it. There were only a couple shootouts I had to attempt more than say 3 or so times.
What I Was Okay With:
  • I really liked the concept of the villain in the game, but I didn't care for his visual design and I wasn't sold on the voice actor they chose for him.
  • I would have apprecaited a bit more moments with the father and his two sons. Making the story even more personal would have only helped.
  • The dog was nicely executed in terms of gameplay, but he wasn't used enough. I understand he can't use scuba gear, but there were definitely a couple levels that would have benefitted from his presence.
What I Didn't Like
  • The whole Las Vegas level kinda sucked in the gameplay department. The shootouts were poorly executed and the the final segment was poorly thought out.
  • I wanted more scuba and space content. More more more. It was all so perfect.
  • While turret segments constitute like 5 minutes total of the actual game, they felt rough around the edges.
  • I have to wait 12 months to get another world-class scripted mcshootbang.
Overall
As a connoisseur of the series and shootbangs in general, I was really pleased with the corpse of Infinity Ward's effort here. They found a really nice middle ground between the insanity of the recent entries and some quieter shooting affairs.

One of the first few people that I've heard actually liked the water levels...wow. Probably also one of the few people that actually dig the campaign also.

obamanotbad.jpg

ekim

We give them way too much freedom to fuck around. They pull off pretty much the same shit EA. All of this crap makes me want to slowly ditch them and move over to GOG/Origin/uPlay.

Jesse seems to be a classy guy. :-/

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So it's basically impossible to get a deal on Black Flag now? Bummer. Buying a PC game at full price is weird :/

Hit up Steam Trades/TF2 Outpost. You should be able to pick up an Asian/Brazilian copy on the cheap (neither of which are region-locked).

Or I could just buy it for you. Game is 43 USD for me, Gold Edition is 60 USD and Season Pass is 20 USD. Paypal taxes is 10% OR you could round the values to the nearest possible and give me Steam Wallet Cards, which I could redeem and buy them for you.

JustinBB7

wat

rtcn63

Downpour was not.... good. Not terribad unplayable, but not good.

Pros

- Open world aspect with side missions. Kinda fun, though I never actually found out to use the subway tunnels as fast travel, even having beaten the game.

Cons

-The story was horrendous, B-movie SyFy channel late night programming at best. Not even close to comparable to the previous SH's.
-The instant-kill chase sections from SH shattered memories were not welcome (Finished over half that game on the PSP, no idea why it gets love).
-The enemies were Disney/Mark of Kri rejects. Neither inspirated, scary, or cool. (Have you played Alice: MR?)
- The "no-inventory" a la Alan Wake and certain other titles. Not a fan.
- Character models, particularly the faces. Not... remotely human... as intended.
- Almost everything was just forgettable.

Hasney

I actually had the most fun with the Wii version of COD4 online. It was hacked to bits, but the hacks applied to everyone in the game, so we were all shooting rockets at a machine gun firing rate and it was just crazy amounts of fun.

curlycare

Ugh all these humblebumbles and whatnots are killing me. Backlog's already as long as my arm and I keep bying more games, eventough I haven't really got the time to play them. I may have a problem, and holiday sales are already lurking behind the corner..

supernaturalconfused dot gif

wut?

Derrick01

Banned

You're joking right? Because of customer support?

Ugh all these humblebumbles and whatnots are killing me. Backlog's already as long as my arm and I keep bying more games, eventough I haven't really got the time to play them. I may have a problem, and holiday sales are already lurking behind the corner..

You're supposed to buy the games, not play them! That's what I keep telling myself...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
This is old news by now, but since PinballFX2 tables are on Steam and Pinball Arcade tables are not, we get a Pinball FX2 Humble Bundle, but not a Pinball Arcade.

Pinball FX2 People were smart enough to notice that and quickly make a bundle with their tables once Pinball Arcade came out (it can't be a coincidence).

I still hate the fact that PInball Arcade tables are not on the Steam Market.

FloatOn

This is old news by now, but since PinballFX2 tables are on Steam and Pinball Arcade tables are not, we get a Pinball FX2 Humble Bundle, but not a Pinball Arcade.

Pinball FX2 People were smart enough to notice that and quickly make a bundle with their tables once Pinball Arcade came out (it can't be a coincidence).

I still hate the fact that PInball Arcade tables are not on the Steam Market.

me too.

maybe they will wise up some time?

cicero

Even if all of those comments represented the Steam Support service experience 100% I would still find your reaction to go entirely GOG/Origin/uPlay as being a relatively ridiculous "solution". Are you experiencing these subpar support issues yourself as well or something? I prefer GOG myself because of DRM-Free/bonus materials/updated compatibility with newer systems etc, but Steam has been a top notch service and experience for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a script I can use that automatically lists all my cards at 1c below the current market minimum? Doing it manually for the 500+ I have sitting in my inventory is going to take forever.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Does MW1 still have an active online community?

Biggest Active COD community that's active on PC still to this day and it has actual true dedicated servers.

As long as steam doesn't randomly start removing games from my library, I am happy. Lol at your bottom statement though. I get what you were trying to say but the execution was wrong.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is there a script I can use that automatically lists all my cards at 1c below the current market minimum? Doing it manually for the 500+ I have sitting in my inventory is going to take forever.

Yes there is. It's against company policy. That's all I know. There's nots that automatically buy, put up for sale and update cards.

oh that reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom