• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

You're joking right? Because of customer support?

Well, customer care is a huge thing for a lot of people (including me).

Back before Amazon opened in Italy, I used a lot of similar services and of course I had problems with any single one of them (like Play.com screwing with my credit card, etc.) including Amazon itself, but the only single time I felt cared was with Amazon. A thing that led me to ditch all the others in favor of Amazon.

I've opened one single ticket with Valve for a technical reason (something I can't remember, related to I think the first Portal when they launched Steam on Mac) and they were late but at least tried to solve my problem with something more than a copypaste answer, so for me for now Steam is fine.
But seeing a lot of these complaints, both here and somewhere else, I'm actually really uncomfortable in case something shitty happens to me, because who the hell knows... :/

yoshizzle

ridiculous.

I wonder why.

ZPkUDUg.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238260/discussions/0/666824801174423715/#c666824801175880301

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The one time I used Steam Support they actually responded to me within 10 minutes of the first business day starting and did what I asked in the first response. It must be because I have a really great expensive library that they treated me so well.

Further proof that everything EA claimed about Steam was straight up bullshit when they removed Dragon Age 2 and never added their recent games.

The one time I used Steam Support they actually responded to me within 10 minutes of the first business day starting and did what I asked in the first response. It must be because I have a really great expensive library that they treated me so well.
I haven't used the much, and they are slow, but I do get what I need from them when I use them. Change of email? Got it. Strange transaction issue? (Not a chargeback luckily) Figured it out.

The second highest "up-voted" thing on that thread is a long winded example of someone getting their email changed incorrectly. I'm willing to chalk that up to an isolated mistake instead of a systematic fault unless I hear it happens all the time.

Guess what? When I had to change my email for gaf, Gromph got it wrong as well, and he does that shit by hand.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Indie Royale Debut 6 Bundle is up. List of games with superfluous opinions from watching the trailer:

FootLOL: Epic Fail League - looks funny but I have a feeling that it plays like shit.
Reversion - The Meeting - Oh god, not another Adventure Game.
Subject 9 - Looks like a good 8way shooter. I'm interested in that.
Dualsus - Ikaruga-mechanic endless runner platformer? Color me intrigued.
Arkadianax - GIVE ME ALL THE SHMUPS THAT ARE NOT BULLETHELL PLEASE
Champions Of Chaos 2 - This games looks like another turn based tactics... oh god I fell asleep.
Rhythm Destruction - See Arkadianax

4 games I'm interested in, 1 game that looks ok and 2 games I don't give a damn.... maybe I should buy this one.

Forgot to mention that there are no Steam keys for now, but the bundle is only 3 bucks.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Further proof that everything EA claimed about Steam was straight up bullshit when they removed Dragon Age 2 and never added their recent games.
That's what really puzzles me. EA says they're forced to offer their DLC on Steam, so they remove everything from the store... but this guy says that Valve itself tells them to "manage your own DLC in your app because it's too complex"? Cmon EA...

Doesn't that MTG game have a bazillion pieces of DLC?

edit: or yeah, the train sims.

Sounds like bullshit to me. Kind of doubt that Steam told them that.

I'm sure it's not about the AMOUNT of DLC, but the crazy DLC scenario Pinball Arcade has on.

You can buy a Pack of Tables (that contains two tables). You can upgrade that Pack to the PRO version (with DipSwitches). You can also buy those tables individually, their pro versions, or upgrade any pack to any other pack. And then there's like 5 different packs with all those differences.

I don't think the Steam DLC interface is prepared to support so many upgrade paths, and if people bought repeated DLC, they would just bother the Consumer Support, which is already as shitty as it is.

I don't think that's a valid argument on Valve's part either, but it does make sense.

Derrick01

Banned
Ok my Uplay comment was a bit much but we need good competition.

No one's stopping anyone from stepping to the plate and doing things Steam doesn't do. Is Uplay/Origin even up to par in features from the Steam of 2010? Steam's been adding a ton of things every year even without any real competition.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

cicero

Indie Royale Debut 6 Bundle is up. List of games with superfluous opinions from watching the trailer:

FootLOL: Epic Fail League - looks funny but I have a feeling that it plays like shit.
Champions Of Chaos 2 - This games looks like another turn based tactics... oh god I fell asleep.

4 games I'm interested in, 1 game that looks ok and 2 games I don't give a damn.... maybe I should buy this one.

Forgot to mention that there are no Steam keys for now, but the bundle is only 3 bucks.
Is this bundle staying at $3 throughout the entire deal?

Toma played FootLOL in the October Indie thread and didn't liked it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

Still doesn't seem like a great solution to me. Most people don't want to buy the whole season packs I wouldn't think. All the packs and individual tables should be available on the store and if they insist on having their fucked out pro upgrade system they can do that in-game. Pretty simple to have the individual tables on the DLC store.

webrunner

Regardless of everything else, I think it's bad management to let a person basically act as their own supervisor like this "Jesse" person seems to do.

Echoplx

I just checked my support history and Jesse was there, didn't seem to be any different from all the other staff I have dealt with tbh.

There's probably more to this situation than that redditor is letting on.

Turfster

I just checked my support history and Jesse was there, didn't seem to be any different from all the other staff I have dealt with tbh.

There's probably more to this situation than that redditor is letting on.

Yeah, the whole thing reeks of when we had that Xbox pirate that was looking for sympathy. Sadly, reddit doesn't have GAF detectives to turn the thread around into a hilarious backfire =p

Nymphae

Banned
Very nice to see the You Don't Know Jack games up on Steam, and at a great price. Amazing games everyone should play at least once.

Sales wise, the competition is getting there (Amazon, gmg, bundles, etc.). Client wise, everything else is pretty fucking far away.

I'm not sure it's steams fault that everyone else sucks

It's also nice to have a consolidated library. It's a pretty pedantic complaint to have to open more than 1 program for gaming access, but that doesn't stop me from making that complaint.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sales wise, the competition is getting there (Amazon, gmg, bundles, etc.). Client wise, everything else is pretty fucking far away.

I'm not sure it's steams fault that everyone else sucks

The three things you listed aren't even competition. They exist because Valve allows them to exist.

The problem is, in practical terms, the old days of capitalist competition are gone when talking about businesses of this scale. Everyone who has tried competing with Valve has done so, not by releasing something superior, but by suddenly refusing to sell their games on the store. That's not a kind of competition that benefits the consumer.

MRORANGE

Steam Tech's: Robbie, Jace and Parker are cool and helpful.

If it's Joey or Bruce I usually send another ticket to get someone else.

Some of the Steam tech will even do your homework if your ask nicely.

How's Path of Exile? After having played a few hours of Van Helsing I'm craving for some more action rpgs.

Any other good action rpgs? I just realized I've yet to buy Diablo 3; Steam sales really spoled me...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
if the price is blocked why can i still see it

Jesus christ, I'll do your spell-checking and grammar-checking for free at this point, Indie Gala.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Sweet. I feel bad because I've only had about 3 hours in the last week to sit down with the code. I have a huge work project going on now but should be done at the end of next week and things will kind of return to normal for me.

I also have a 3 day weekend coming up for veterans day and I'm hoping to get the next Chrome and Firefox versions released then.

Indie Gala Dirt
TIER 1: 1$
  • The 39 steps
  • Lucius
  • Star Wolves 3
TIER 2: 4.49$ (locked first 8 hours, more games to come later)
  • Alien Spidy
  • Dollar Dash
  • Dirt 2
  • Bang Bang Racing
  • Hard Reset Extended Edition

Not bad bundle but ill probably skip as i have the tier1 games and have played dirt2 through on console. Those who dont have dirt, get thar bundle. Also lol 39 steps again in a bundle

Cth

Is there a script I can use that automatically lists all my cards at 1c below the current market minimum? Doing it manually for the 500+ I have sitting in my inventory is going to take forever.

I can do it for you for a 25% cut of the profits :D

Indie Gala Dirt
TIER 1: 1$
  • The 39 steps
  • Lucius
  • Star Wolves 3
TIER 2: 4.49$ (locked first 8 hours, more games to come later)
  • Alien Spidy
  • Dollar Dash
  • Dirt 2
  • Bang Bang Racing
  • Hard Reset Extended Edition

are any of these good? obv there's dirt 2 which would be, but elsewise?

is bang bang racing related to mini motor evo? it looks so similar lol. mini motor is ok but it's basically just a not as good version of little racers street, so i wonder where this stacks up considering it looks just like MME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom