• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

are any of these good? obv there's dirt 2 which would be, but elsewise?

is bang bang racing related to mini motor evo? it looks so similar lol. mini motor is ok but it's basically just a not as good version of little racers street, so i wonder where this stacks up considering it looks just like MME

Bang Bang Racing is better than Mini Motor EVO imho, but still not all that great.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there a script I can use that automatically lists all my cards at 1c below the current market minimum? Doing it manually for the 500+ I have sitting in my inventory is going to take forever.

Not something Enhanced Steam can do, but something it can help with (in Chrome, at least).

If you install it in Chrome and select "Show Market Price on Inventory Page" in the options, it will display the current lowest seller on your inventory page before selling it.

Either that or I can send you a "beta" version of the Firefox XPI that you can manually install to help.

rtcn63

Hard Reset isn't bad, if you're into old-school, possibly repetitive shooters. I liked Doom 3 more, mostly due the weapon choices and enemy types (robots).

Turfster

are any of these good? obv there's dirt 2 which would be, but elsewise?

The 39 Steps is an interesting visual novel adaptation of the book.
Lucius is an interesting idea with kinda janky mechanics (you're the devil's kid and have to murder your whole extended family without anyone suspecting you)
Hard Reset is an "oldschool" shooter
Star wolves is a space strategy game that kinda fell flat for me

Copons

if the price is blocked why can i still see it

Jesus christ, I'll do your spell-checking and grammar-checking for free at this point, Indie Gala.

Eh, they're Italians, and Italians can't speak English at all
and I should be a prime example of that
Also, their offices are like in the same building of my grandmother house, and this is fun because some time ago I noticed an ADSL modem there and afaik she haven't ever even touched a computer, so WTF, maybe my grandmother is IndieGala, and this would explain all the grammar errors, as she barely can speak correct Italian at all. :D

Is there a 'point of no' return in Asylum or after I finish the last boss I can roam freely?

There was when I played it. I'm pretty sure I tried to go back to faff around with the Riddler collectables after the last boss battle but the game just took me to the last boss battle again. However, the game pretty much hits you over the head and says "Hey stupid! You're going to go to the final boss battle if you go through this door! So if you want to do anything else first, now is the time. The fact that the Joker's hoodlums are treating you in a very different way to how they have throughout the game might be a pretty big clue lol".

if the price is blocked why can i still see it

Jesus christ, I'll do your spell-checking and grammar-checking for free at this point, Indie Gala.

That is pretty much how I feel about the majority of the English language speaking world :'(.

There are a few, honourable exceptions though *kisses*.

Not bad bundle but ill probably skip as i have the tier1 games and have played dirt2 through on console. Those who dont have dirt, get thar bundle. Also lol 39 steps again in a bundle

Which is a good thing as more people will get to experience the loveliness of those 39 Steps!

ekim

Not something Enhanced Steam can do, but something it can help with (in Chrome, at least).

If you install it in Chrome and select "Show Market Price on Inventory Page" in the options, it will display the current lowest seller on your inventory page before selling it.

Either that or I can send you a "beta" version of the Firefox XPI that you can manually install to help.

Some people asked if you want to include this into Enhanced Steam :eek: (addon to show the currently lowest price for all your inventory items)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88920343&postcount=11575

edit: seems like what you are talking about is something similar. You probably will be able to pull this in a matter with better performance. :p

Xanathus

Is this feature working? I enabled the option and restarted Chrome but there's nothing showing up under the Sell button for the card.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this feature working? I enabled the option and restarted Chrome but there's nothing showing up under the Sell button for the card.

It's working but in versions below the yet unreleased 5.0 it's still in the experimental phase. I've re-wrote the code for 5.0 (and am still working on it) so expect to see this be more reliable in the future.

Also, it only works with trading cards. 5.0 adds support for booster packs too. Doesn't work with profile backgrounds or emoticons at this time.

Some people asked if you want to include this into Enhanced Steam :eek: (addon to show the currently lowest price for all your inventory items)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88920343&postcount=11575

edit: seems like what you are talking about is something similar. You probably will be able to pull this in a matter with better performance. :p

Yeah this looks pretty similar to what Enhanced Steam is doing, except instead of loading it for each card on the page, it loads the price only when you click on the individual card.

ekim

It's working but in versions below the yet unreleased 5.0 it's still in the experimental phase. I've re-wrote the code for 5.0 (and am still working on it) so expect to see this be more reliable in the future.

Also, it only works with trading cards. 5.0 adds support for booster packs too. Doesn't work with profile backgrounds or emoticons at this time.

Yeah this looks pretty similar to what Enhanced Steam is doing, except instead of loading it for each card on the page, it loads the price only when you click on the individual card.

Which is probably the only feasible way without crashing your browser :D
I wanted to see instantly which stuff is valuable.

Xanathus

OK then I'll assume it's just broken in 4.9.1.

Grief.exe

Order of War removed from Steam Libraries

capsule_231x87.jpg

Whilst we have loved seeing you enjoy playing Order of War on Steam, unfortunately it is no longer viable for us to continue to run the multiplayer servers due to the low volume of traffic and so the servers were switched off on September 1st, 2013. The multiplayer aspect of Order of War and Order of War: Challenge have subsequently ceased to function, and customers will notice that Order of War: Challenge has been removed from their Steam library. For those who have been playing our game, we thank you for your support and hope you had fun. If you have any further questions about this, please contact our customer support team at http://support.eu.square-enix.com/main.php?la=2&id=592

http://store.steampowered.com/news/11428/

Zia

Went looking for an Anomaly Korea Steam code in my Humble acc (fat chance), and stumbled upon some Double Fine prototype Steam keys.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Brazen Prototype 1 -- MB-A9F3D7C61D7DF644 - Taken by Ben652
Brazen Prototype 2 -- MB-2F450004FD00B715 - Taken by Exuro
Brazen Prototype 3 -- MB-5275CA50A949CC67 - Taken by kadab
Double Fine Prototypes -- MB-ABC6063BEC3E1185 - Taken by Cheddahz

JakeD

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

the 39 steps -- MB-B896C1B010E99B7E - Taken by intheinbetween

The three things you listed aren't even competition. They exist because Valve allows them to exist.

The problem is, in practical terms, the old days of capitalist competition are gone when talking about businesses of this scale. Everyone who has tried competing with Valve has done so, not by releasing something superior, but by suddenly refusing to sell their games on the store. That's not a kind of competition that benefits the consumer.

fair enough

Is there a 'point of no' return in Asylum or after I finish the last boss I can roam freely?

you can roam freely after beating the boss

Stitch

Gold Member
Lucius is really funny.

It feels like a janky Hitman-light where you're Satans Child and in every act you have to kill some one, like the Butler, the Maid, your Uncle. Well, pretty much everyone in your House lol.

jshackles

They (sometimes) artificially raise the price a little bit (let's say from 5 eo 7 dollars), but you can get two bundles for the price of one.

ah i figured it would just be a lower price on this one. well none of the other IG bundles look at all appealing to me so i guess i'll just get this one. best to buy it now, or is it like other bundles where the price will nosedive when the price is unlocked?

maty

If you care for achievements don't forget to KO all the henchmen before the last boss.

Apart from that, you can roam freely looking for riddles or collectibles you missed.

There was when I played it. I'm pretty sure I tried to go back to faff around with the Riddler collectables after the last boss battle but the game just took me to the last boss battle again. However, the game pretty much hits you over the head and says "Hey stupid! You're going to go to the final boss battle if you go through this door! So if you want to do anything else first, now is the time. The fact that the Joker's hoodlums are treating you in a very different way to how they have throughout the game might be a pretty big clue lol".
That's not how it's suppose to be. You should be able to roam freely and collect all the Riddler things you've missed after you finished the game.

Not sure if I completed the PC version, but I see no reason why this should be any different from the console version.

Go to addons -> Enhanced Steam -> Options.

Sadly there are not as many options as the Chrome version (yet).

My options page in Chrome only displays using Extensions -> Options, using the direct link on steamcommunity displays an empty page. Anyone else encounter this problem?

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Turfster

Wait, what's going on?
Same thing that always happens.
Guy fishes for sympathy on reddit with a "look Steam support are dicks to meeeee!" sob story, some people get outraged "Yeah, Steam support are bad, boo!".
Smart people immediately sense something is fishy and figure out what actually went on. Guy A was involved in scams.

Copons

Reminds me of those hackers, that didnt hack at all of course, but the brother was on the PC....

Yeah, my brother is basically the reason behind the folder Copons/School/Projects/History/Essays/XXXdoNotOpenPlz/ that was on my PC back when I was younger and we actually needed to download that stuff. :D

Also, I'm an only child.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Steam is getting some serious flack over at Reddit.

I have to say I agree 100% with most comments.

We give them way too much freedom to fuck around. They pull off pretty much the same shit EA. All of this crap makes me want to slowly ditch them and move over to GOG/Origin/uPlay.
This guy was clearly trying to scam, or his friend already did. He got traded a bunch of very valuable TF2 items because his friend was scared of his account getting hacked?? Okayyy

Li Kao

Yeah, my brother is basically the reason behind the folder Copons/School/Projects/History/Essays/XXXdoNotOpenPlz/ that was on my PC back when I was younger and we actually needed to download that stuff. :D

Also, I'm an only child.

That spoiler man, love you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom