• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Biggest Active COD community that's active on PC still to this day and it has actual true dedicated servers.

too bad it's a pain in the ass to run the multiplayer unless you stick something in your audioports to get it to even boot.

I wish Infinity Ward would fix that, but we know they won't because CoD12zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you guys are having problems with Enhanced Steam, my server is currently in a smoldering pile of slag on the floor. Thanks Lifehacker.

Upgrading now but might take a few hours. Going to keep it on a (much) higher capacity server at least through the end of the Winter sale. $$$

Joe Molotov

Yeah, my brother is basically the reason behind the folder Copons/School/Projects/History/Essays/XXXdoNotOpenPlz/ that was on my PC back when I was younger and we actually needed to download that stuff. :D

Also, I'm an only child.

"System Files" was my favorite.

That's not how it's suppose to be. You should be able to roam freely and collect all the Riddler things you've missed after you finished the game.

Not sure if I completed the PC version, but I see no reason why this should be any different from the console version.

Thanks :). Yes, I see from all the replies above you pointing out I'm wrong :D. They [and you] were kind enough not to laugh at me though.

I'm sure I tried to go back after the final boss fight to see if I could roam around freely but it just took me straight into the final boss battle. *shrugs* oh well, at least the fellow GAFer who asked got their question answered quite authoritatively! :)

Anteater

Is Indie Gala the same as humble bundle where they add more games the second week for beat the average people?

Edit: Nevermind I missed that giant text that says "Plus MORE Steam GAMES to be unlocked SOON for all BTA buyers!" in the center of the page.

I'm having a complete brain fart so please forgive the utterly Steam noob lol question.

Can I take a Steam key from a bundle, add it to my inventory and then gift it to someone on my Steam Friend list?

Or do I have to send them a message with the key in it?

urk sorry

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm having a complete brain fart so please forgive the utterly Steam noob lol question.

Can I take a Steam key from a bundle, add it to my inventory and then gift it to someone on my Steam Friend list?

Or do I have to send them a message with the key in it?

urk sorry

No, you can't add it to your inventory. You'll have to give them the key.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Morning reminder, giving away Electronic Super Joy, Call of Juarez, Thomas Was Alone, Bastion, NecrovisioN, Lightfish, Sword of the Stars: The Pit, Botanicula, Organ Trail: Director's Cut, Mark of the Ninja, Bientot lete, Shelter, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition, Euro Truck Simulator, Brutal Legend, FTL: Faster Than Light, Dark Fall: Lost Souls, Killing Floor, Fairy Bloom Freesia, Lucius, Rig 'N' Roll, FEZ, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, Ether Vapor Remaster, Face Noir, The Void, The 39 Steps, Mirror's Edge, McPixel, Two Worlds II, The Whispered World, and Cherry Tree High Comedy Club on a giveaway that will be open for another 16 and a half hours still.

Can go enter for a game to raffle here.

Retne

If you guys are having problems with Enhanced Steam, my server is currently in a smoldering pile of slag on the floor. Thanks Lifehacker.

Upgrading now but might take a few hours. Going to keep it on a (much) higher capacity server at least through the end of the Winter sale. $$$

Both a bummer and congrats all wrapped up in one. Either way I'm glad to see your addon getting more use since it's pretty awesome.

Kapow

Does anybody have a 66% off modern warfare 2 coupon lying around that they don't want? I want to buy it but there's no way i'm paying 20 bucks

Thanks guys. Not gonna bother 100% this, but might go for the collectibles.

The game is really pissing me off now though. People complained about HR boss battles? That shit got nothing on this! And who the hell thought putting you in a small space with billion henchmen and a brute was a good idea? Awful design. It was enough with Bane, but with a fucking Titan again now? Ugh.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh hell yeah, add another 100% to the list.

awwyissnnj7d.png

I gotta say overall the campaign has a great set of achievements. There is one achievement for beating each level (a fav of my OCD) and then usually one sort of challenge to do in each level. These range from stuff like "don't miss a shot during the sniping segments" to "complete the level without ever breaking stealth." They are fun to attempt and add a nice layer to each level and a reason to replay if you miss one. They also never enter the bullshit difficulty range either which is always a plus in my book. Wrapping up the list is a hardest difficulty and one collectable thing which is really easy.

Oh and the co-op achievements are tied to the separate multiplayer library entry meaning this 100% should be safe even with DLC!!

Here is my review of the game if you are interested in bro perspective on the campaign.

Thanks guys. Not gonna bother 100% this, but might go for the collectibles.

The game is really pissing me off now though. People complained about HR boss battles? That shit got nothing on this! And who the hell thought putting you in a small space with billion henchmen and a brute was a good idea? Awful design. It was enough with Bane, but with a fucking Titan again now? Ugh.

:/ You've got even more of that special kind of fun coming I'm afraid IIRC. I really didn't enjoy the boss fights either [except for the surreal ones without spoiling it for someone who has not played it yet].

Just awful. I can't believe the playtesters were alright with this. People criticize Alan Wake's combat, but there at least you have tools to control these situations. Here you have nothing.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Just awful. I can't believe the playtesters were alright with this. People criticize Alan Wake's combat, but there at least you have tools to control these situations. Here you have nothing.

The game offers plenty of tools to handle all of the enemies in Asylum and City. When a large grunt is charging throw a batarang and let it hit a wall, use explosives to daze or confuse people, constantly jumping over/dodging attacks, cape stun on the smaller grunts and focus on the bigger ones, etc.

I'm not belittling your frustration or issues here, but I assure you the game does offer a way to handle each situation and a player can get to the point where everything in the Arkham games on normal is too easy. Perhaps watch a play through of someone else taking one of the challenge rooms on with a high score, you might get some ideas to help you out. That worked for me when I got frustrated at roughly the same issues.

I'm not belittling your frustration or issues here, but I assure you the game does offer a way to handle each situation and a player can get to the point where everything in the Arkham games on normal is too easy.
This is true. Even playing on hard there are way too many tools that you can use during combat, so much so that I usually just don't use them at all and stick to the simple method of punching goons until I can't punch them anymore.

What game is this again?

Arkham Asylum.

The game offers plenty of tools to handle all of the enemies in Asylum and City. When a large grunt is charging throw a batarang and let it hit a wall, use explosives to daze or confuse people, constantly jumping over/dodging attacks, cape stun on the smaller grunts and focus on the bigger ones, etc.

I'm not belittling your frustration or issues here, but I assure you the game does offer a way to handle each situation and a player can get to the point where everything in the Arkham games on normal is too easy.

In these arena battles I can't use explosives. I know to how use batarangs, I'm dodging, jumping around, but there's a point where the arena gets too crammed and the FOV is narrow too. I don't have the patience to do these contextual stuff (liking riding a titan) over and over again, only for the game to throw more and more enemies at me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Both a bummer and congrats all wrapped up in one. Either way I'm glad to see your addon getting more use since it's pretty awesome.

Thanks! Yeah it's a blessing and a curse. The hosting package I'm migrating to is about $50 a month, but when the sale hits and Enhanced Steam still works, it'll be worth it.

The Summer Sale was similarly crazy.

Tellaerin

It looks like a nice little tool, but shouldnt such a tool offer different artstyles? All the characters look like the same "comic-y" style.

Haven't looked at it yet, but judging by other applications I've seen, I wouldn't be surprised if additional "style packs" were sold separately.

nexen

Some people just can't accept that they need to play on easy. I'd rather hand in my man card and enjoy a game then ruin the experience just to get like internet street cred.

Even when I don't have to play on easy I sometimes do. Especially if it is a game that has just been sitting on my backlog forever.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Would you care to elaborate for those that don't give two shits about reddit so they didn't read the first post that claimed that reddit was talking shit about Valve?

Is this another one of those "microsoft banned my account but I don't play pirated games ever except I do and I also jtag consoles on the side"?
I still remember Monk's post: "You are NOT a fellow GAFfer". Man, those words felt so powerful, I could totally picture the OP trembling in fear, full of shame for having disappointed him.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Even when I don't have to play on easy I sometimes do. Especially if it is a game that has just been sitting on my backlog forever.

Yeah if I can't change difficulty mid play through and it's a dev I don't trust I just start on easy even if it's a genre I'm pro at.

derFeef

Pff, if I feel like running against a wall over and over again with frustration kicking in, I have no problem switching to an easier mode if the game let's me do that. I can always set it higher after such spike.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm playing on normal and have no problems with the game. It's the boss battles that are testing my patience.

Yeah, this is a case of having to look beyond yourself.

There is nothing inherently wrong with the game, it's your skills that need improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom