• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I wonder if a change in the Field Of Vision value would help. It wouldn't deal with the annoyance you have with riding a titan and using him to attack other enemies, but at least you would be able to see more.

Freezard

Finished Riddick Dark Athena. Pretty cool first part of the game, second part was kind of bland with forced gun fights all the time
in a village copied from RE4
. Playing on hard was really frustrating at times, I don't think they even tested the game cause some parts were just ridiculously cheap. Stuck with one health square? Tough luck, some parts are impossible to get through with one and you have to die over and over again to automatically regain more squares. For some reason the mouse had terrible mouse lag even with v-sync off too so that didn't make the gun fights any better since you had a split second to shoot a soldier around the corner or he would kill you.

Had to enable god mode twice out of sheer frustration since some big enemies attacked through walls with their chaingun and knew exactly where you were all the time, plus they fired missiles that you couldn't avoid taking damage from. Still the story was exciting and I liked the dark atmosphere on Dark Athena. But pretty generic compared to the original game. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Turfster

Daily: Urban Trial Freestyle 50% off
Weekend deals:
  • Total War Rome II 25% off
  • Blood Dragon + Call of Juarez Gunslinger Double Pack 50% off
Devolver Digital Weekend:
  • Hotline Miami 75% off
  • Shadow warrior 33% off
  • Shadow warrior Classic Redux 75% off
  • Duke Nukem 3D Megaton 75% off
  • Foul Play 50% off
  • Dungeon Hearts 50% off
  • Defense Technica 25% off
  • Serious Sam 85% off

Fox318

Daily: Urban Trial Freestyle 50% off
Weekend deals:
  • Total War Rome II 25% off
  • Blood Dragon + Call of Juarez Gunslinger Double Pack 50% off
Devolver Digital Weekend:
  • Hotline Miami 75% off
  • Shadow warrior 33% off
  • Shadow warrior Classic Redux 75% off
  • Duke Nukem 3D Megaton 75% off
  • Foul Play 50% off
  • Dungeon Hearts 50% off
  • Defense Technica 25% off
  • Serious Sam 85% off
25% off already

Derrick01

Banned
Rome TW2 is still too expensive given all the problems they've been having. As far as that double pack goes I would have bought it if I still had my card money. Now I'm too cash strapped :\

Some crossed wires here?

X6EDF4W.png

Tizoc

Shoot, I had a Shadow Warrior 25 or 33% discount coupon that expired yesterday, if only it last one or two more days I could've gotten SW for a decent price =P

Li Kao

Mmh, Serious Sam 3 must be cursed or whatever, every fucking time it has been of sale or in a bundle I have been unable to buy it. And here it is again, with a hard month budget wise, a tempting WE bundle and a PS4 / no PS4 thing at the end of the month ? Still a no go.
I can almost feel Morningbus' tears of joy here. Creepy guy.
:p

I'm playing on normal and have no problems with the game. It's the boss battles that are testing my patience.

They tested mine too; they were more a chore to get through than anything for me but then my feelings about the game in general were not exactly favourable anyway, as I might have mentioned before :).

I believe if you stick at it the game does realise you are struggling and start to help you out a bit. Either that or I just got better at it [or both]. I found dodging out of the way with the Titan on a charge after positioning myself so that the Titan would wipe out a mass of the goons pretty fun. After doing that a few times and dealing with a few of them myself the batarang in the face as the Titan is charging so they crash into a wall so you can ride them and then use their flailing arms to wipe out the goons and/or any other enemies that might be there [just wait for the later versions of this fight; you'll just love those!] was pretty much my approach.

They're a grind if you're not enjoying them so I can empathise with you there. Hope you're enjoying the rest of the game. If so you're one up on me :p.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Mmh, Serious Sam 3 must be cursed or whatever, every fucking time it has been of sale or in a bundle I have been unable to buy it. And here it is again, with a hard month budget wise, a tempting WE bundle and a PS4 / no PS4 thing at the end of the month ? Still a no go.

It's a shame you missed it when it was in a Humble Bundle.

At least there you could follow my example:

ib2bygeqpSKRU5.PNG

Even when I don't have to play on easy I sometimes do. Especially if it is a game that has just been sitting on my backlog forever.

This would be just about every game I have on Steam, ha. Most games I'll start on easy and see how things go, if I find the game mechanics are starting to bore me I'll bump up the difficulty. I find this keeps me from setting aside games too early and moving on to the next. Unfortunately, this didn't really help me with XCOM Enemy Unknown, lol. That game even on easy kicks my rear sometimes (most times).

It's a sign that you shouldn't buy shitty games.

The game is always 33% off in the UK to bring it to the sane price of £29.99. Guessing that's why it is 58% here.

Ahhh, I see. I won't say that makes more sense, but at least it explains it.

Still not buying it, though :p

Any pre-orderers / beta users had an email yet about their keys for Desktop Dungeons?

Echoplx

Next Be Mine X Bonus is King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Valhalla Edition

Pretty nice bonus, don't think it's ever been this cheap or bundled before.

I'm surprised you haven't been able to pick it up from ModBot yet. There are so many SS games though so perhaps it doesn't appear as often as it seems.

Good job it's your birthday at the end of the month eh?

29th November boys and girls.

This would be just about every game I have on Steam, ha. Most games I'll start on easy and see how things go, if I find the game mechanics are starting to bore me I'll bump up the difficulty. I find this keeps me from setting aside games too early and moving on to the next. Unfortunately, this didn't really help me with XCOM Enemy Unknown, lol. That game even on easy kicks my rear sometimes (most times).

I assure you that you are certainly not alone in that regard :).

Anteater

They tested mine too; they were more a chore to get through than anything for me but then my feelings about the game in general were not exactly favourable anyway, as I might have mentioned before :).

The bosses were boring, I keep thinking I must be doing it wrong because I couldn't figure out any other ways to make throwing batarangs 50 times at poison ivy less boring.

Then there's croc's lair, at least that part was kind of comical in a way >_>

The bosses were boring, I keep thinking I must be doing it wrong because I couldn't figure out any other ways to make throwing batarangs 50 times at poison ivy less boring.

I have fortunately blocked out that particular boss fight from memory despite the fact I only played it very recently. All I can remember is that it was bloody irritating and not fun. Oh God, it's starting to come back to me! :( I'm going off to do something else to save my frame of mind :/.

Tak3n

Banned
Ok Steam-Gaf

I have entered the twilight zone I think, I am seeing almost universal love for BlackGuards on steam forum.... yet hardly any mention of the game on GAF..

anyone played it?

Just a friendly reminder that Shadow Warrior will rock your socks, man I love that game, recently beat it. 17 hour campaign pretty much rushing it. Awesome graphics and mechanics. Soooooooooo under-appreciated, buy it.

r3n4ud

Just a friendly reminder that Shadow Warrior will rock your socks, man I love that game, recently beat it. 17 hour campaign pretty much rushing it. Awesome graphics and mechanics. Soooooooooo under-appreciated, buy it.
Totally agree. The swordplay is very satisfying and pinning a baddy to a wall using the crossbow never gets old lol

If you don't have Hotline Miami by now, you suck. GOTY tied with MGR:R for me.

Edit: it's actually a 2012 game but it was near the end of the year so w/e :p

daxy

Did Steam bump anyone else's number of games on their profile up substantially? It says I own more than 600 games, but I could swear that the last time I checked it displayed the correct number of games I own as seen from the client (300-something). I recall it doing this thing on the old profiles because it also counted DLC, but it's supposed to be a separate number now going by the game collection profile box thingy.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I just noticed I lost the Castle Crashers stream I did with Gaffers from my Twitch channel. I guess you have to mark things as "keep" now?

That just means we'll have to do another. I should bring Salsa back from the dead as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom