• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It's a shame you missed it when it was in a Humble Bundle.

At least there you could follow my example:

ib2bygeqpSKRU5.PNG

Meanwhile, in another part of the world, a certain someone is still trying to open a certain link. Strange, like half of the internet is dead to me atm. Steam is fine, and Gaf too... so whatever. Still, it may have killed the cat but curiosity is a powerful force.

I'm surprised you haven't been able to pick it up from ModBot yet. There are so many SS games though so perhaps it doesn't appear as often as it seems.

Good job it's your birthday at the end of the month eh?

29th November boys and girls.

I assure you that you are certainly not alone in that regard :).

Cats, cats are wise. Hear them fellow gaffers for they speak the truth. I will have my wishlist delivered shortly to everyone :cartman:

--

In other news, 23 minutes till the glorious Daedalic bundle is upon us, believe !
Yup, I liked Deponia. A lot. Play it.

Echoplx

I don't think the Daedalic bundle will be happening anytime soon, it had Journey of a Roach in the $6 tier so it wouldn't make sense to offer it so soon.

Who knows though.

Speaking of XCOM... Let's do another giveaway in honor of my first annual 39th birthday today!
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-91BB234D6EDC1E87 - Taken by bloke. 26 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for XCOM: Enemy Unknown was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1383860415z1.png

Did Steam bump anyone else's number of games on their profile up substantially? It says I own more than 600 games, but I could swear that the last time I checked it displayed the correct number of games I own as seen from the client (300-something). I recall it doing this thing on the old profiles because it also counted DLC, but it's supposed to be a separate number now going by the game collection profile box thingy.

My heart is fine.

No issue here, it seems to be about right. Perhaps a couple more than I think I own but not enough of a discrepancy to cross reference with my pc games owned spreadsheet. Perhaps this is the new glitch to replace the hours played glitch that we were all getting recently?

Cats, cats are wise. Hear them fellow gaffers for they speak the truth. I will have my wishlist delivered shortly to everyone :cartman:

Pfft I stalked your wishlist days ago.

Speaking of XCOM... Let's do another giveaway in honor of my first annual 39th birthday today!

:eek: Awesome gift! Well played :D.

Oh and many happy returns to you :). *zimmer frame bump* [48 last week here]

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Worked from home today, so naturally I did a full playthrough of Limbo. That's one atmospheric game. One to tick off the backlog! (although I did beat it on 360 first). Having already played through it before it was fairly breezy to get through again, but I forgot how great some of those little areas are. The
Hotel sign
especially.

Edit: Hapy birthday MakeshiftChef!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I want my desktop dungeons key. Anyone know how we are getting those?

Chronoja

Shadow Warrior 10% off coupon stacks with the 33% off for a $24.11 price tag.

I got me a 25% coupon that stacks. Question is to use it now in case they remove the stacking or wait for a deeper discount and hope it still stacks. Decisions...decisions.

Grief.exe

I just noticed I lost the Castle Crashers stream I did with Gaffers from my Twitch channel. I guess you have to mark things as "keep" now?

That just means we'll have to do another. I should bring Salsa back from the dead as well.

That's too bad, probably should do something different like Foul Play.

I think that's only 2 player though.

erila

Neo Member
Did Steam bump anyone else's number of games on their profile up substantially? It says I own more than 600 games, but I could swear that the last time I checked it displayed the correct number of games I own as seen from the client (300-something). I recall it doing this thing on the old profiles because it also counted DLC, but it's supposed to be a separate number now going by the game collection profile box thingy.

My profile is still showing the correct number of games. Play time is messed up though (isn't counting games I've played to death, and reckons I've put hundreds of hours into stuff I've hardly touched).

Lain

What's the reason we have to restart Steam to see redeemed games? I don't remember having to do that in the past so I'm curious.

Category G

Neo Member
Ok Steam-Gaf

I have entered the twilight zone I think, I am seeing almost universal love for BlackGuards on steam forum.... yet hardly any mention of the game on GAF..

anyone played it?

I can't comment too much on it as I've only done the intro (about 20 minutes in), but it seems enjoyable so far. Only done the basic sort of combat but seems there'll be plenty of depth, and the general presentation is nice.

It's certainly a beta though, lots of development build notices and stuff, the story also seems to skip out sections every once in a while (one section has you escaping a jail, your character mentions you should leave and then suddenly you're in a field). Probably wouldn't have jumped in myself at this point (especially considering it's only 1/5 done), but decided to take a risk as I generally like Daedelic's style and I'm a sucker for turn based stuff.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I want my desktop dungeons key. Anyone know how we are getting those?
I'm pretty curious about this myself. Hoping it's gotten more roguelike and less Rogue Legacy since I abandoned the beta in 2012.
Scrolled up, now have answer. Will wait.

Li Kao

It's a shame you missed it when it was in a Humble Bundle.

At least there you could follow my example:

The link appeared and I immediately thought, "damn, it is a good thing humble doesn't offer to message the dev".

Everyone needs to buy for backlog play Hotline Miami.

Hear this man ! He too speaks the truth ! (well cats are wiser, just a friendly reminder)
For someone who was absolutely disgusted by the theme of the game at first, to the point of avoiding it, I must say that it is indeed really something. A great game on its own.

derFeef

Really didn't get the hype for that game at all. Way too simplistic.

On a side note I think that's the exact room I got my 12x combo trophy on the Vita version.

I am certainly liking the Vita version more. But I think the simplicity is what makes this game so great. Pure, fast fun.

Jzero

Really didn't get the hype for that game at all. Way too simplistic.

On a side note I think that's the exact room I got my 12x combo trophy on the Vita version.

I found it to be pretty fun, and the music seemed to make the game better. Simple doesn't mean it sucks more.

Semi-unrelated, but what is the fastest site to get some trading cards? I need a few for La-Mulana badge. The trade threads here are kind of dead.

Derrick01

Banned
I found it to be pretty fun, and the music seemed to make the game better. Simple doesn't mean it sucks more.

Simple means I can't play it for more than 20 minutes without getting bored. I kind of grew out of those arcade style games when we moved on from the SNES generation.

valouris

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Star Wolves 3 -- MB-4D499147138258CE - Taken by Purkake4. 9 entrants total.

t1383861539z1.png

Got my Dirt bundle, here's something for whoever is interested :)

Turfster

Humble Daedalic Bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Edna & Harvey : Harvey's New Eyes
  • The Whispered World
  • A New Beginning
  • The chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet
  • The chronicles of Shakespeare: A midsummer Night's Dream
TIER 2: 6$
  • Journey of a Roach
  • Deponia
  • The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav

Echoplx

Humble Daedalic Bundle
  • The Whispered World
  • A New Beginning
  • Journey of a Roach
  • Deponia

Well shit, they really just did that.

Everyone needs to buy for backlog play Hotline Miami.

I tried, but it just didn't do it for me. With both mouse and keyboard I always felt a little bit out of control, like my character was skating around on ice. Plus the speed and the zoomed in view always inhibited my tactical planning, even with the ability to scroll around the map. I can see the appeal, as it's stylish as all crap, but to me the combo of tactical planning with hyperspeed and odd controls just didn't mesh.

Freezard

Humble Daedalic Bundle
  • The Whispered World
  • A New Beginning
  • Journey of a Roach
  • Deponia

Full of games I've never heard of. No thanks.

DenisQc

Humble Daedalic Bundle
  • The Whispered World
  • A New Beginning
  • Journey of a Roach
  • Deponia

and no more google wallet payment option :(

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I really love Desktop Dungeons, I really, really recommend it to anyone vaguely interested in a fantastic puzzle game with roguelike elements. It's so much more than that though, so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom