• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Did I mention your eyes look lovely today? :)

She's not the only one!

30C2vcc.gif

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Star Wolves 3: Civil War -- MB-AFEFB3A672A6A2F0 - Taken by erila. 3 entrants total.
Hard Reset: Extended Edition -- MB-934D8D1204912B50 - Taken by Overdoziz. 16 entrants total.
Colin McRae Dirt 2 -- MB-D91B895B3D401058 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 11 entrants total.
The 39 Steps -- MB-60C6A304C0014B51 - Taken by Vince McMahon. 5 entrants total.

t1383878325z1.png

Leftovers from Indie Gala.

Edit: Thanks for Foreign Legion JaseC!

Will be waiting for your impressions, as usual you have a good taste! :)
It's a very different game than what Daedalic usually does. From my first ten minutes of game, it's a tactic turn-based RPG in the The Dark Eye setting (the same which was based on the chains of Satinav and Memoria).

I know this is still a work in progress product, but so far there's many things that are still a bit rough.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
1 recommendation out of 2,977 games owned: jasec in a nutshell

I bet its ass creed

kentucky route zero

and it's basically a mini-review lol

Combining traditional point-and-click gameplay with interstitial text-based sequences not unlike adventure games of old, Kentucky Route Zero is as surreal as it is enigmatic, approaching a tonal spectrum that is almost Lynchian. The game's superbly concise writing, rudimentary but muted visual style and sporadic though no less deliberate use of audio coalesce to create a palpable atmosphere of isolation and uncertainty, punctuated by player choices that feel less preordained by the almost imperceivable current of the underlying narrative and more organically introspective -- every soul you meet has the aura of a troubled past, and if you play your cards right you may find yourself privy to a story or two.

Despite the game's strong first showing, it's hard to recommend at $25 considering it's still several months away from being a complete package, so those of you on the fence may wish to wait for the Summer Sale before tuning in.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, thanks Valve!

watw2s3i.jpg
I'm not happy with this. This was supposed to be my milestone, my 500th game, the one spot I've been saving for a special game when I already had two bundles' worth of games to redeem. And now it's all ruined. And for what? For a bunch of numbered SteamApps?

My counter shows 837 games, but it shouldn't. It's supposed to say 500 :(

Thanks for the giveaway! Hopefully nobody else enters for Dirt 2, so I can win it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for Divo!

[edit] Ahhh duplicate code :(

Ah, sorry. I always try to redeem keys just in case they activate something I don't have (like a dupe game entry in the registry or a piece of DLC) and Steam said the key was tied to something I already owned, but according to my account history:

DIVO Dev Comp Retail

Which contains:

231370 Demo DIVO Demo 2 months ago
230760 Game DIVO 2 months ago

So, uh, the key activation window spat back an error because I already own the game, but it still "activated" a demo, which is probably why my Community game count shot up to almost 3k.

I'll get you sorted in a minute.

ty for TWW
Thanks Jace for Lightfish!
Thanks for dinner date. Grabbed it for the better half to try.
Sweet, thanks for Deponia. The gal always looked like a qt.
Thanks for A New Beginning.
Thanks for The Dark Eye Ms Jase!
Woooo! my first ModBot win!!! :D

Thanks JaseC for Plain Sight!

Did I mention your eyes look lovely today? :)
Got Dame Edna, thanks Ronan the Soairserian

No worries. :)

Out of the blue, so many more games? How good Jase, how?

Haha, it's a bug. My assumption is that because I activated Divo's demo using a key, Community now thinks I own all the demos on Steam.

The_Monk

It's a very different game than what Daedalic usually does. From my first ten minutes of game, it's a tactic turn-based RPG in the The Dark Eye setting (the same which was based on the chains of Satinav and Memoria).

I know this is still a work in progress product, but so far there's many things that are still a bit rough.

The fact that it's a tactic turn-based RPG is the thing it got me more interested but thank you so far for your impressions.

Bah, for Jase it would be Tuesday.

I would like to have one of those Tuesdays!

JaseC

Haha, redeeming Divekick just caused the count to go up. (Thanks toddhunter. <3) I think I'm going to have to defer to Support on this one.

bkw

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Botanicula -- MB-EFF866430E0161E4 - Taken by gwynplaine
Giving ModBot a go with a spare key I have from a while back. Gotta dig through to find unused keys a little later.

denx

My library shows a ton of those SteamApps but my game count hasn't increased. :(

Anyone knows what those SteamApps are? I'm kinda tempted to download some of them. :p

JaseC

My library shows a ton of those SteamApps but my game count hasn't increased. :(

Anyone knows what those SteamApps are? I'm kinda tempted to download some of them. :p

They're incorrectly-flagged data depots.

Haha, redeeming Divekick just caused the count to go up. (Thanks toddhunter. <3) I think I'm going to have to defer to Support on this one.

You are welcome.

Yeah I now apparently have 1005 games and got the Game Industry Guardian badge! I'll feature it on my profile until they fix it up. Hopefully they walmart this shit and let me choose games to make up the total.

JaseC

You are welcome.

Yeah I now apparently have 1005 games and got the Game Industry Guardian badge! I'll feature it on my profile until they fix it up. Hopefully they walmart this shit and let me choose games to make up the total.

Outrun 2006, Wheelman, Anno 1404...

Thank you for FL BOB. One of those games I always tried for on Steamgifts

Enjoy!

What is up with all of the SteamApps?

See a few posts up.

Tenrius

I don't have any extra steamapps in my library, by the way, but my game count is still messed up. What's with Steam lately? First playime, now this.

JakeD

Volgarr got a 1.2 update

speaking of volgarr, i emailed the devs to see if they'd be willing to price match steam's price (with the 25% coupon) on their own humble store (cause i'm cheap and want a drm free copy) and they said humble didn't have the functionality but i should wait because they plan on doing a holiday sale sometime around thanksgiving. not exactly earth shattering news but might be useful info to someone like me who was considering using the 25% off coupon

Took the plunge and bought Shadow Warrior, I liked Hard Reset well enough and it's kind of hard to pass up at 25$. Time to see what kind of "oldschool FPS" Shadow Warrior 2013 is.

Overdoziz

Banned
Can you still download while playing a game? When I right-click a download what would normally say 'resume update' now says 'manage downloads' and when I go into that menu the resume download button doesn't do anything. :/

JaseC

The original RU standard edition pre-order sub for Black Flag is still runtime-restricted. Getting something done must be a glacial process at Ubi.

I'll post some impressions later, it's installing right now. You also get Viscera Clean-Up Detail: Shadow Warrior edition, that indie jam mini-game that came out a while back.

Can you still download while playing a game? When I right-click a download what would normally say 'resume update' now says 'manage downloads' and when I go into that menu the resume download button doesn't do anything. :/

Click play, that should resume the download and then alt-tab back into your game. I really don't like how Valve changed that.

Turfster

Click one of the upward arrows next to the games in the queue to get it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom