• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Tried out A Walk in the Dark. Seems pretty neat so far, since you get to be a cat. Relaxing music and not bad on the platforming. Though I have a real issue locating the shiny objects you can get in the girl's levels. My eyes suck apparently :(

But the music in the challenge levels is kickin'.

Anustart

Just to make sure I don't mess anything up with the new way to gift stuff from humble bundle, is there anything special I have to do while checking out to get the gift links?

Anteater

Dirt 2 is not bad so far

thumbs-upceudr.gif

The_Monk

Huh. Okay, next option. Did your antivirus get updated between the last time you played and this time? Or maybe you could exclude it for those games if it has that option.

Opt out of steam beta. I have the same glitch with Arkham Origins

Thank you all and sorry for the trouble. Success! Opted out of beta steam took quite some time to restart, tried, nothing, verified cache again, clicked on play and it's good to go again, at least with Dirt 2, will try the same for Dirt 3. Save files are intact! :)

Is it better to keep out of the beta for now, right? I like to be in the Beta but if this is what it takes I might as well hold on being on the beta.

EDIT: Also Success on Dirt 3! I just had to change to the proper settings and resolutions on both. Save file was also not lost, yay!

It's that an automatic giveaway or a chance to win a key? The text is not very clear. Also, I have to write #BlackguardsFTW on my share? Facebook how does it work...

Yeah I didn't understand it so here is how it works.

Go to:

https://www.facebook.com/daedalic

There is a post about the competition:

#BlackguardsFTW
Share this post with the hashtag above and get a chance for Early Access to Blackguards.
Tomorrow, we will give away more Steamkeys for every five shares.
Blackguards for the win!

Share it with #BlackguardsFTW as your post message and you get a chance to win.

Joezie

I've searched and didn't find anything so, and this thread seems appropriate enough.

Rome 2 confirmed for SteamOS early next year.

Again, Apologies GAF if already known.

Those of us working on Steam hardware and SteamOS are pleased to announce another game coming soon to the platform. Here's the message straight from Rob Bartholomew at Creative Assembly:

At Creative Assembly we want our customers to be able to play on as many platforms and in as many locations as possible, so today we are announcing future support for both SteamOS and the Steam Controller.

We’ve always wanted the Total War franchise to be enjoyed by living room gamers, but the limitations of traditional hardware made our style of game play impossible. Last month, when Valve invited us to test out the new Steam Controller and unveiled their plans for SteamOS - we were impressed. We believe it will provide us with the control fidelity and platform we need to make a living room experience for ROME II that could be a more compelling experience than playing with keyboard and mouse.

ROME II will be launching on Linux early next year, with full Steam Controller and Big Picture support to be added as soon as Valve gets us a controller dev kit. Pick up a copy of the game this weekend while it’s 25% off and you’ll be able to play the Linux version as soon as it launches!

Gbraga

Thank you all and sorry for the trouble. Success! Opted out of beta steam took quite some time to restart, tried, nothing, verified cache again, clicked on play and it's good to go again, at least with Dirt 2, will try the same for Dirt 3. Save files are intact! :)

Is it better to keep out of the beta for now, right? I like to be in the Beta but if this is what it takes I might as well hold on being on the beta.

It's the first time I had any issues with it, just wait for an update and then go back to it, I guess.

At least that's what I'm doing.

I'm not happy with this. This was supposed to be my milestone, my 500th game, the one spot I've been saving for a special game when I already had two bundles' worth of games to redeem. And now it's all ruined. And for what? For a bunch of numbered SteamApps?

My counter shows 837 games, but it shouldn't. It's supposed to say 500 :(

Calm down. It'll be fixed and go back down to normal. Same thing happened to me yesterday and now it's fine.

Joezie

Don't worry, we all do it because the thread moves too fast.

The general rules is if you pause for a second to think if some news has already been posted, it has already been posted hours ago ;)

Will keep this in mind then =x

Has happened quite a few times to me already heh.

No problem, the thread moves quickly. ;)
It's just that you're almost never the first one, especially if more than a few hours have passed since the announcement. We're a 24/7 international globe-spanning operation!
Yeah, and somehow all the giveaways happen when I'm asleep.

Dec

EDIT: Also Success on Dirt 3! I just had to change to the proper settings and resolutions on both. Save file was also not lost, yay!

That as from when I told you to delete those files, it reset the game to as if you loaded it up for the first time in terms of graphic settings. Sorry bout that, glad you figured it out.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Calm down. It'll be fixed and go back down to normal. Same thing happened to me yesterday and now it's fine.
Calm down? CALM DOWN? That's it, I'm making a new Steam account, you hear me?

To quote what a wise man once said: I don't suppose I would get banned from if I hurled explicatives at the developers programmers who made the game badly tagged data packages I want to get rid from my Steam account, quite notoriously?

don't worry, I'm joking. And no, I'm not going to forfeit my GAF account for the sake of the joke :p

The_Monk

Yes it seems to be all good, thank you so much to everyone for the help, some things I can't solve on my own it seems. I love Dirt 2 & 3, they look so nice.

Also, it's strange to be earning Achievements on my PC... with my old, old 360 account.

Yes it seems to be all good, thank you so much to everyone for the help, some things I can't solve on my own it seems. I love Dirt 2 & 3, they look so nice.

Also, it's strange to be earning Achievements on my PC... with my old, old 360 account.
I like Dirt 3, but I wish the tracks are longer.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I opened a support ticket to Steam yesterday.

"Hi there.

I am looking for a complete list of every gift I have received on Steam and the dates on which I received them. Ideally if it had the sender as well that would be perfect, but at least the names and dates please. Are you able to furnish me with this information?

Note: I am not looking for a list of gifts I have sent. I know where to find that. I am looking for a list of gifts I have received."

Take a wild guess what Support Tech Jesse responded with? Take a guess. Go on.

Turfster

ding ding ding ding ding

"Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

You can view the purchases made on your Steam account here:..."

Hey, at least steam support replied to you. It's been ages since I contacted humble support to see if they could remove some of the superfluous prettifying javascript from their key claiming site to make it compatible with the steam browser so I could actually try using their new system with a browser that I know 100% to always be "logged in".

The_Monk

Oh, no, they give me that information, the point is they answered the wrong question. :p

Ah, I see, my bad. Well that's not a first I believe. Steam support can become quite random sometimes and also, I think they are too formal/cold. They should be more welcoming and use a more friendly approach to their customers when answering their questions.

I think the point was that rep Jesse glossed over the part about "gifts received history", not purchase history.

Where is not the question asked.

I got it, I got it. :p *runs*

Dec

Oh, no, they give me that information, the point is they answered the wrong question. :p

I swear the first 2 days of any ticket I've ever submitted anywhere has been like this. No matter how detailed the ticket is the customer service person skims it and answers with a copy paste response or the wrong thing. Then it's another 24 hours to repeat what you said the first time and there's a decent chance the person will actually read it this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom