• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey jshackles, do you know what's going on with the badge pages? Enhanced Steam no longer links to the market listings for each card. I assume Valve changed something and it broke that feature?

It's still working here. Is it only broken on a particular badge page or all of them? What browser are you using?

JDHarbs

No problem! Enjoy my friend! Thanks to a giveaway I grabbed F.E.A.R 3 and now I bought part 2, I need part 1 now and I can start playing. Is playing the first required, or can I just jump into part 2 and be okay?
I haven't played through them yet, but many seem to consider the first to be the best in the series. I'm one of those people who can't stand starting a franchise anywhere besides the beginning, but the choice is entirely up to you.

Turfster

To be honest, I have no idea what the story here is. The game started in the middle of an assault to what seemed like a military base, and then it decided to introduce my team. I still don't know who am I, or why am I doing what I'm doing. Or hell, not even what is it that I'm supposed to be doing.

I just know that I have to kill a guy. Why, I have no idea.
Yep. 1's story was nice and made sense.
Then 2 starts and it's like you're a 90 year old with Alzheimer's. "Who am I? Where am I? Who are you people? What's happening? I WANT MY RED PLANET."

Go Daedalic!
Let's see how this game goes.

qgqVdgc.png

What skin is this?

I'm having a hard time getting that link to work when you get to the part that says click here to reveal your key, but thanks for completing my Batman set :).

Turfster

What? This is not Mars? What's going on here?

I checked a walkthrough to refresh my memory (my memory says it's
on Earth, mostly. It's definitely not a red planet anymore!
). Of course, I'd forgotten Jason Statham did voice work for it, so I might be wrong =p

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm hoping that some of the Assassin's Creed games will go on sale in anticipation of Black Flag. Is that naive?

And I was hoping that some LEGO games would go on sale in anticipation of LEGO Marvel Superheroes.
Nope. Not a single one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Firefox but it's working again now. Sorry, false alarm. I've restarted Firefox since then so I guess that fixed whatever issue I was encountering.

Glad to hear it's working again! FYI: Firefox should be getting an updated version this weekend.

Cheers!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm hoping that some of the Assassin's Creed games will go on sale in anticipation of Black Flag. Is that naive?

When Assassin's Creed Revelations (I think) came out, they slashed the price of Assassin's Creed 2 enough so that 75% discount on the winter sales brought it down to 5 bucks for the regular version and 7,50 for the Special Edition with all the DLC.

I had the Original Assassin's Creed (bought for 5 bucks) and regular Assassin's Creed 2 (bought for 7,50 before this price drop) then, so I just upgraded my regular AC2 with the DLC, but i've been waiting for this price drop to happen again with Brotherhood moving forward, but no luck so far.

Maybe this time is the time. I still haven't played Assassin's Creed 2, so I didn't buy the other games yet. Still waiting for that price drop.. :D

Freezard

Dear SteamGAF, please help me pick a game or two for me to play after BlizzCon :)

Batman: AA
CoD: MW2
Battlefield: BC2
R.U.S.E.
VVVVVV
Metro 2033
Shatter
Fallout: New Vegas
Just Cause 2

Also, what's the deal with Rocket Knight? I have it on my wishlist but it doesn't exist in Europe... kind of wondering if it's worth getting anyway, I did like the original game.

MRORANGE

Dear SteamGAF, please help me pick a game or two for me to play after BlizzCon :)

R.U.S.E.
VVVVVV
Metro 2033
Shatter
Just Cause 2

Also, what's the deal with Rocket Knight? I have it on my wishlist but it doesn't exist in Europe... kind of wondering if it's worth getting anyway, I did like the original game.

VVVVVV and BC2, JC2 is also good.

neoemonk

Enhanced Steam pulls the lowest price information from IsThereAnyDeal.com which also tracks Nuuvem prices. Even though the site is Brazilian, they accept Paypal and sell (most) of their games worldwide.

If you're using the Chrome version and decide you don't want to see Nuuvem's prices, you can uncheck the "Stores: All" button and individually exclude it.

But it is actually a legit site, I've purchased several games there that have activated without any issues. No VPN or anything silly required. I believe that, in the event you're trying to purchase a region restricted key from them, they'll actually block your ability to add it to your cart or to check out.

I see. Thanks. I might have to give them a try sometime.

Depends on how much time you want to sink into something but I can't recommend New Vegas enough if you just want to get hardcore invested into a game. One of the best RPGs to come out of the last handful of years.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

R.U.S.E.
VVVVVV
Metro 2033
Shatter
Just Cause 2

I'm having a blast with Just Cause 2(Thanks again Hawkie) so I have to recommend that, also Batman AA on the side of it which is also an amazing game so far imo. New Vegas is good too, currently playing through the patched vanilla version on PS3.

O.DOGG

R.U.S.E.
VVVVVV
Metro 2033
Shatter
Just Cause 2

I consider New Vegas the best game on that list for what that's worth.

grenuttag

Neo Member
Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Star Wolves 3: Civil War -- MB-3D489231D926E609 - Taken by Mengy
Alien Spidy -- MB-61FFBEFF1EB9C83D - Taken by Kirosia
Dollar Dash -- MB-8ECF3AEF87E05DFC - Taken by Anustart
The 39 Steps -- MB-D0677636D5E85F09 - Taken by Exuro
Lucius -- MB-F0CDAE5C915D92D8 - Taken by Aaron
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-9641877B3E5BE8B6 - Taken by Melted77

Fantastical

Death Prophet

R.U.S.E.
VVVVVV
Metro 2033
Shatter
Just Cause 2

Have you never played AA? Excellent game. JC2 is one of my favorites too. Just amazing on the PC... I guess it's not as impressive now as it was when it came out, but it looks great for how big the world is and how far you can see.

After nearly two hours of play, I guess I can say Shadow Warrior's not bad. It's kind of a mash-up of old and new design. At times you'll be walking down corridors, fighting a few enemies, going through scripted sequences, watching cinematics, and then you'll be free to explore a sizeable area or thrown into an arena combat segment. It's not a Quake-fast twitch shooter like Rise of the Triad. You do get standard weapons but I don't really feel compelled to use them because the sword you start off with is so powerful, even against gun wielding opponents. This is where the game feels really different from the original Shadow Warrior. In the original, what I've played of it, shurikens and the sword were kind of last resorts if I ran out of ammunition, in SW 2013 I'm running at uzi wielding thugs with a katana.

Melee combat at the start is pretty simple. You start off with a dash, shurikens that you can toss and a basic swing that you can just mash your way to victory with. As you play you earn ki and karma which can be spent on powers and skills, you start to unlock things like the ability to regenerate health (it's a channel ability that you really can't use in combat, at least not until it's upgraded) or more sword attacks and techniques.

Turfster

Why do you do this to yourself?

Hold on to something, because the next one is really going to shock you:
My Steam client isn't running all the time either.
I just boot it when I want to play a game, and then close it when I'm done.
Since I spend most of my time in Steam looking at the library in details form, I don't really need a fancy skin =p

I modded gta 4. Well eflc anyway cos i guess ice doesnt work with vanilla 4. Anyway does ms ban gamertags for trainers and mods? I never thought about that....is it ok to run gfwl mods? My xbl account is very importaant i dont wanna lose it

damaph

R.U.S.E.
VVVVVV
Metro 2033
Shatter
Just Cause 2

Fallout: New Vegas is my favorite in that list. It will definitely last you a long time too.

Since I spend most of my time in Steam looking at the library in details form, I don't really need a fancy skin =p
O.O

I modded gta 4. Well eflc anyway cos i guess ice doesnt work with vanilla 4. Anyway does ms ban gamertags for trainers and mods? I never thought about that....is it ok to run gfwl mods? My xbl account is very importaant i dont wanna lose it

O on this same note what mods are essential for gta 4? I have ice. Tried the mod that lets u hang off moving cars but it wont work. Got a trainer that lets me spawn any vehicle. Was gonna use a real car mod but thats like 10 steps, i dont trust that itd work. Anything else good for campaign play?

I only have a 650ti, are texture mods rexommended or do they slaughter ur fps? I need 30 or above.

szD6OTO.png

Join the 3,790,880.

Why is COD: Black Ops 2 such shit? I can't get the game (zombies specifically) to run for more than like 2 minutes before it hard locks and uses like 70% of my CPU. My dad wanted to play and now I'm dealing with Treyarch's damn mess.

Please help me GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom