• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Stop picking on Jesse, everyday he has to come in and deal with people asking him why their games don't work or why they can't use a stolen card to buy items or why they've been VAC-Banned. It's a tough life going through thousands of supports requests day in and day out. And when he gets back home he gets shitted on by reddit and others for failing to do his job, then we have people on top of that who waste his time with pointless tickets on meandering issues. No wonder he's lost all hope and just copy/pasta answers from the Steam support handbook.

So next time you get Jesse, remember to just close the ticket down and save yourself the hassle and help out our dear friend Jesse.

#TeamJesse.

Sajjaja

I was looking at how Payday 2 was listed above Payday: The Heist and was wondering what an alternate name would be for it so that it could be listed below it instead.

Though not below it, I think this is a good name:

Payday: Cheeky Dosh

GOODRITE?

Echoplx

On a slightly related note, how long ago did Valve add the option to have separate store and library names for games? Always seemed like it would lead to custom names in your library but that hasn't happened :/

MRORANGE

origin jake > steam jesse

We need to get him a Gaf account.

ibcCNzlZGIC4aF.jpg

Anustart

Wait, since I bought this as a gift and only got one url in my email does that mean someone is going to get all the games?

Edit: The WB humble bundle that is.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Wait, since I bought this as a gift and only got one url in my email does that mean someone is going to get all the games?

Edit: The WB humble bundle that is.

Yes. The Humble Bundle pack is one purchase and when you choose gift, it's a gift for the entire pack.

If you want to give out individual games, you'll have to redeem that pack for yourself and then click on the gift next to each individual game inside the pack and give THOSE links away.

Anustart

Yes. The Humble Bundle pack is one purchase and when you choose gift, it's a gift for the entire pack.

If you want to give out individual games, you'll have to redeem that pack for yourself and then click on the gift next to each individual game inside the pack and give THOSE links away.

Well damn lol. Someone's going to get em all then!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Trailblazing is so good in Dirt 2, best part of it. Sad that Dirt 1 and taking on Pike's Peak in a Big Rig is no longer available.

Okay, when was Dirt and Dirt 2 taken off of Steam? I had no idea, but I'm real glad that I have both games in my library!

Anustart

You can go to the gift url in the email, claim the page to your own account and then it will be as if you bought it for yourself. You can then gift the games you don't want.

Phew! Thanks! I actually wanted one of the games, so I'll now give away the others, thanks for the heads up my friend.

Edit: Not that I don't trust you, but can anyone confirm this? I'm scared because it brought me to the humble page and said It can only be redeemed once.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
hey bobnowhere - Thanks for The 39 Steps! Looking forward to it :)

Anustart

Have fun and good luck to the greatest damn community I've ever been a part of!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R 3 -- MB-B8A0152AA9724644 - Taken by JDHarbs. 2 entrants total.
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-351E33A0D81C5557 - Taken by dante81. 1 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-D6628EEDE74C9028 - Taken by scorpscarx. 1 entrants total.
The Lord of Rings War in the North -- MB-053227BA2DB78AE5 - Taken by mrgone. 4 entrants total.

t1383880126z1.png

Okay, when was Dirt and Dirt 2 taken off of Steam? I had no idea, but I'm real glad that I have both games in my library!

Dirt 2 still is, though it may fall foul of Codies not bothering to remove GFWL come July next year. Dirt 1, not sure when, but I think it had something to do with licenses expiring.

BTW, Star Wolves 3 still available here -> there!. It has cards!

Calm down? CALM DOWN? That's it, I'm making a new Steam account, you hear me?

To quote what a wise man once said: I don't suppose I would get banned from if I hurled explicatives at the developers programmers who made the game badly tagged data packages I want to get rid from my Steam account, quite notoriously?

don't worry, I'm joking. And no, I'm not going to forfeit my GAF account for the sake of the joke :p

No worries, I figured you were joking but just wanted to make sure.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I started playing Red Faction 2 on Hard, and it sure doesn't fuck around. At least enemies don't move like they're on steroids (that was annoying in the first game), but I'm already getting tired of the respawning enemies. I can't move to the next area if I'm being swarmed by bad guys all the time, and I can't keep killing them forever because I need to advance.

It doesn't help that one shot takes down half your life bar or more. It has regenerating health and 3 first aid slots that act as the energy tanks in the Metroid games, but it's still extremely hard. And dying puts you back at the beginning of the level, which doesn't really make you lose much progress because they are incredibly small. But still, it's hard. Or maybe I just suck.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I opened a support ticket to Steam yesterday.

"Hi there.

I am looking for a complete list of every gift I have received on Steam and the dates on which I received them. Ideally if it had the sender as well that would be perfect, but at least the names and dates please. Are you able to furnish me with this information?

Note: I am not looking for a list of gifts I have sent. I know where to find that. I am looking for a list of gifts I have received."

Take a wild guess what Support Tech Jesse responded with? Take a guess. Go on.
LOL
Steam Support is so hilariously useless most of the time... I still bitterly fondly remember when it took a couple of days for them to unlock my account in the middle of a holiday sale after it got locked using the mobile app and a 3G connection.

neoemonk

Question about enhanced steam, please forgive my ignorance.

I heard a lot of folks talking about it and gave it a try, but for most games it seems like a site called Nuuvem has a lot of the historical lows. I went there to check it out and it seems like it's Brazilian. I don't really know a lot about region locking and buying keys from other sites. Do people normally filter enhanced steam results by their home region?

Slacker

Anyone else having problems with their game count? I had like 370 games yesterday.

yYTy5Ng.jpg

Oh God, maybe I bought 250 games when I was drunk.

Mine says 429. I don't know how many I have but that sounds very high so I think I'm having the same issue.

Edit: Ah, when I click on games, then All Games, it says 237. That sounds right.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Question about enhanced steam, please forgive my ignorance.

I heard a lot of folks talking about it and gave it a try, but for most games it seems like a site called Nuuvem has a lot of the historical lows. I went there to check it out and it seems like it's Brazilian. I don't really know a lot about region locking and buying keys from other sites. Do people normally filter enhanced steam results by their home region?

Enhanced Steam pulls the lowest price information from IsThereAnyDeal.com which also tracks Nuuvem prices. Even though the site is Brazilian, they accept Paypal and sell (most) of their games worldwide.

If you're using the Chrome version and decide you don't want to see Nuuvem's prices, you can uncheck the "Stores: All" button and individually exclude it.

But it is actually a legit site, I've purchased several games there that have activated without any issues. No VPN or anything silly required. I believe that, in the event you're trying to purchase a region restricted key from them, they'll actually block your ability to add it to your cart or to check out.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Red Faction 2 only had a few hard sections on normal or whatever it was I played it at (definitely not hard =p) Maybe hard is especially unbalanced?
No idea, since this is my first time playing it. I went straight for the highest difficulty, like I did with the first one. But here I can't spam quicksaves, so I'm suffering through it. So far, I don't see why it's so hated: it's not bad, just hard.

Enhanced Steam pulls the lowest price information from IsThereAnyDeal.com which also tracks Nuuvem prices. Even though the site is Brazilian, they accept Paypal and sell (most) of their games worldwide.

If you're using the Chrome version and decide you don't want to see Nuuvem's prices, you can uncheck the "Stores: All" button and individually exclude it.

But it is actually a legit site, I've purchased several games there that have activated without any issues. No VPN or anything silly required. I believe that, in the event you're trying to purchase a region restricted key from them, they'll actually block your ability to add it to your cart or to check out.

Hey jshackles, do you know what's going on with the badge pages? Enhanced Steam no longer links to the market listings for each card. I assume Valve changed something and it broke that feature?

Turfster

No idea, since this is my first time playing it. I went straight for the highest difficulty, like I did with the first one. But here I can't spam quicksaves, so I'm suffering through it. So far, I don't see why it's so hated: it's not bad, just hard.

Yeah, I didn't really hate it either.
The story change from the first one was kinda weird, but the gameplay was fun for what it was, an older shooter.
I had more fun with both 1 and 2 than with Guerilla (once I got the PS3 version, since GFWL naturally doesn't want to let me play my PC version)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I didn't really hate it either.
The story change from the first one was kinda weird, but the gameplay was fun for what it was, an older shooter.
I had more fun with both 1 and 2 than with Guerilla (once I got the PS3 version, since GFWL naturally doesn't want to let me play my PC version)
To be honest, I have no idea what the story here is. The game started in the middle of an assault to what seemed like a military base, and then it decided to introduce my team. I still don't know who am I, or why am I doing what I'm doing. Or hell, not even what is it that I'm supposed to be doing.

I just know that I have to kill a guy. Why, I have no idea.

Anustart

Much appreciated Anustart. This was the last one I needed to complete my F.E.A.R. collection.

No problem! Enjoy my friend! Thanks to a giveaway I grabbed F.E.A.R 3 and now I bought part 2, I need part 1 now and I can start playing. Is playing the first required, or can I just jump into part 2 and be okay?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No problem! Enjoy my friend! Thanks to a giveaway I grabbed F.E.A.R 3 and now I bought part 2, I need part 1 now and I can start playing. Is playing the first required, or can I just jump into part 2 and be okay?
I'd suggest you play the first one first. If not for story purposes, at least because of its top-notch gameplay and atmosphere.

Also, your nick is fantastic. Anus Tart? I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom