• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I modded gta 4. Well eflc anyway cos i guess ice doesnt work with vanilla 4. Anyway does ms ban gamertags for trainers and mods? I never thought about that....is it ok to run gfwl mods? My xbl account is very importaant i dont wanna lose it

As long aw the trainers and such arent on the MP side you should be fine.
I've heard of no reports of anyone getting banned for it. Also considering how GFWL is dead in the water now I don't even think MS would care whats going on over there

Why is COD: Black Ops 2 such shit? I can't get the game (zombies specifically) to run for more than like 2 minutes before it hard locks and uses like 70% of my CPU. My dad wanted to play and now I'm dealing with Treyarch's damn mess.

Please help me GAF.
You got a dad that plays games? Nice!

Grief.exe

I modded gta 4. Well eflc anyway cos i guess ice doesnt work with vanilla 4. Anyway does ms ban gamertags for trainers and mods? I never thought about that....is it ok to run gfwl mods? My xbl account is very importaant i dont wanna lose it

Microsoft doesn't give a shit.

The DayZ thread is going nuts as the release gets closer. Any Steam DB wizards see any clues that the alpha is imminent?
I feel like such a dope with my experience with DayZ. I got ArmA 2 solely for it, procrastinated on it in typical Steam purchase fashion, and by the time I got around to it the hackers were already prevalent.

Been waiting for the standalone for what feels like ages to get a proper experience.

Turfster

Any games in the new Humble Weekly worth playing?
Avoid A New Beginning. Seriously. Unless you want the equivalent of a loud guy shouting "WE ARE. DESTROYING THE EN.VIRONME.NT STOP IT. OUR LIFE.ST.YLE IS B.AD" in your ear in stilted, horrible voice acting for the entire length of the game.

Jawmuncher

Avoid A New Beginning. Seriously. Unless you want the equivalent of a loud guy shouting "WE ARE. DESTROYING THE EN.VIRONME.NT STOP IT. OUR LIFE.ST.YLE IS B.AD" in your ear in stilted, horrible voice acting for the entire length of the game.

Sounds like fun

FauX

Did somebody have try out Might and Magic Card game from Ubisoft? It's F2P, I wanna get some impressions before try it out.

Turfster

Sounds like fun

I really tried to like it, but it's just so wearisome.
I got through the first chapter and then I couldn't take it any more.
The ham-fisted message and really bad voice acting sapped my will to continue.

Also, the puzzles were needlessly fiddly and convoluted, with other options that would work if you looked at the problem logically not being accepted because the devs just hadn't thought about it. There's no excuse for that these days.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm poised to make around $95 from my cards. I could get used to this.

You manually added them all for sale? I envy you: I did like 80 a couple weeks ago and only like half sold. Now I gotta de-list them and update their pricing and zzzzz

Edit: And enhanced steam lowest pricing doesn't work on the Brazilian store so I have to manually check EVERY SINGLE CARD to see what's the price.. it's a nightmare!

Li Kao

No idea, since this is my first time playing it. I went straight for the highest difficulty, like I did with the first one. But here I can't spam quicksaves, so I'm suffering through it. So far, I don't see why it's so hated: it's not bad, just hard.

Hmm, pretty much all I remember from the game is how astoundingly short it is. Shorter than a COD... I was shocked to see the credits roll. Finished in one little sitting. And yeah there is this strange change of vibe from the first one. Not a bad game if memory serves, just, so short.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You manually added them all for sale? I envy you: I did like 80 a couple weeks ago and only like half sold. Now I gotta de-list them and update their pricing and zzzzz

Edit: And enhanced steam lowest pricing doesn't work on the Brazilian store so I have to manually check EVERY SINGLE CARD to see what's the price.. it's a nightmare!

Jshackles sent me the latest beta for Firefox, but the market price option he mentioned of the Chrome version doesn't seem to be in it. I just searched for "[game name] card" and then priced what I had 1c below the listed starting price. I'll relist what doesn't sell over the next day or two, though the backgrounds/emoticons I've listed at 3c I'll just leave until they eventually sell since going any lower means I don't actually make anything. Thus far, after about 14 hours, I've collected just over $37.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Jshackles sent me the latest beta for Firefox, but the market price option he mentioned of the Chrome version doesn't seem to be in it. I just searched for "[game name] card" and then priced what I had 1c below the listed starting price. I'll relist what doesn't sell over the next day or two, though the backgrounds/emoticons I've listed at 3c I'll just leave until they eventually sell since going any lower means I don't actually make anything. Thus far, after about 14 hours, I've collected just over $37.

So yes. :D

Half of what you put up for sale will get undercut by somebody else doing the "relis what didn't sold last week" and then you'll have to do it all over again, with an extra step: remove from sale first.

On the other hand, something I put up for 25 cents on October 21 sold today, so yay?

JaseC

So yes. :D

Half of what you put up for sale will get undercut by somebody else doing the "relis what didn't sold last week" and then you'll have to do it all over again, with an extra step: remove from sale first.

On the other hand, something I put up for 25 cents on October 21 sold today, so yay?

I've already sold more than half of what I've listed. :p

Jawmuncher

I really tried to like it, but it's just so wearisome.
I got through the first chapter and then I couldn't take it any more.
The ham-fisted message and really bad voice acting sapped my will to continue.

Also, the puzzles were needlessly fiddly and convoluted, with other options that would work if you looked at the problem logically not being accepted because the devs just hadn't thought about it. There's no excuse for that these days.

Now if there's anything I dislike in adventure games it's definitely that.

Xanathus

I'm still hoarding my cards in the hopes that Valve comes up with a new card-related event/promotion. Glad I only spent $5 of Steam credit on those summer sale cards.

Jawmuncher

I'm still hoarding my cards in the hopes that Valve comes up with a new card-related event/promotion. Glad I only spent $5 of Steam credit on those summer sale cards.

Im holding onto a bunch of emoticons and backgrounds hoping they offer a crafting system or something.

Some stuff

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Edna & Harvey -- MB-AC7AAA73233FF6C1 - Taken by Anustart. 6 entrants total.
A new beginning -- MB-439AF7406D206A7E - Taken by BorntoPlay. 9 entrants total.
The Whispered World -- MB-5232BA4943ED40D4 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 4 entrants total.

t1383904022z1.png

Xanathus

Im holding onto a bunch of emoticons and backgrounds hoping they offer a crafting system or something.
Even if they do, it'll probably be something crappy like combine 3 emoticons and get 1 random emoticon. Your chances of getting :weed: will be less than winning 1st prize of a lottery considering how many different emoticons there are out now.

JaseC

Apparently Age 2 HD didn't save my game correctly: attempting to load it just causes a crash. Now I'm going to have to chop down all those trees again. :(
How do you normally price them?

I usually price them at 1c below the listed price, unless there are only a few people selling the item at that point, in which case I'll price mine the same and just wait, but I didn't bother with the extra step this time around since it would've markedly increased the amount of time it took me to list everything.

Jawmuncher

Even if they do, it'll probably be something crappy like combine 3 emoticons and get 1 random emoticon. Your chances of getting :weed: will be less than winning 1st prize of a lottery considering how many different emoticons there are out now.

Considering how crap 95% of emoticons are i'd take the chance honestly.

gabbo

Apparently Age 2 HD didn't save my game correctly: attempting to load it just causes a crash. Now I'm going to have to chop down all those trees again. :(

I usually price them at 1c below the listed price, unless there are only a few people selling the item at that point, in which case I'll price mine the same and just wait, but I didn't bother with the extra step this time around since it would've markedly increased the amount of time it took me to list everything.

I will consider this, as I've yet to unload a couple foils at market price.

Oh man, at first I didn't really see what was wrong with Uplay, but now I keep getting "Attempting to restore network connection" errors when I try to launch PoP Forgotten Sands . . . (This might not be Uplay specific though) I was playing it just fine earlier, even with offline mode for a bit, but now I get nothin'.

Enhanced Steam says that the steam version has Uplay as well. :/

wazoo

just discovered that the one of the recent indie gala delivered King Arthur collection, which is different from the king arthur collection now on steam and possibly not existing in the shop (there is no page for my king arthur collection library entry). It seems indiegala delivered some kind of goty edition, which is not even referenced in the shop.

so, if one want all of them for completion, je need to rebuy the base game and the DLC later on …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom