• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

Even if they do, it'll probably be something crappy like combine 3 emoticons and get 1 random emoticon. Your chances of getting :weed: will be less than winning 1st prize of a lottery considering how many different emoticons there are out now.
This post tells me the weed emoticon is very valuable. How much is t currently?

Grief.exe

Do you think the game will hit the ground running or is it still going to be a long time till it is "done" even after release?

It really depends on how much content they were able to finish off the past couple of months while they were polishing up the network code.

It is going to be a long time before its 'done' though. They have plans to add tons of weapons, vehicles, and base building. And they want to rip out the zombie AI and renderer, though the former may already have been fixed.

The whole point of taking so long to get the open Alpha out in the wild was to set up a good base so they could iterate content quickly.

Xanathus

Saw this on r/gaming, it looks like someone forgot to add in a decimal point while beating the average humble bundle price.

rvQAYlk.png

Addnan

My Black Ops 2 refuses to start. Steam shows I am playing it, then it shuts down instantly. Any fix for it? Tried reinstalling, verifying cache. The usual stuff.

Wok

No one is that stupid, he/she just wants to donate money.

When you see a Dota 2 item being sold for 38,000 USD, someone giving away $465 to charity through HIB seems plausible. I don't think it is an error.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shelter -- MB-D1BACB306B2F746C

Reminder.

Xanathus

No one is that stupid, he/she just wants to donate money.

It looks very very easy to accidentally do that in a hurry if you're not careful, try it yourself. There's no warning other than a textbox showing up with options to add your name to the top contributor's list, but it defaults to Yes and sets the name as Anonymous. Also unless someone intentionally set that amount to be funny, there's no reason why you would donate that specific amount.

Wok

It looks very very easy to accidentally do that in a hurry if you're not careful, try it yourself. There's no warning other than a textbox showing up with options to add your name to the top contributor's list, but it defaults to Yes and sets the name as Anonymous.

Anyway, you can ask for a refund, and the HIB guys will proceed.

Arthea

I won Dark Fall!
Thanks Mr Orange.

will check on my unused keys later and give away some in celebration.
Do new HB links work for modbot? no problems?

Copons

Cool, I wake up this morning and Steam asks me to restart for an update that fixes launching of uPlay games.

Valve: competition our ass, we're gonna fix your clients because we don't give a damn.

EDIT
Also: thank you very much Crub for Solar 2! I wanted it for years and I've missed it lots of times! :*

It really depends on how much content they were able to finish off the past couple of months while they were polishing up the network code.

It is going to be a long time before its 'done' though. They have plans to add tons of weapons, vehicles, and base building. And they want to rip out the zombie AI and renderer, though the former may already have been fixed.

The whole point of taking so long to get the open Alpha out in the wild was to set up a good base so they could iterate content quickly.

Sounds good.

Every time I've checked in they have seemed to be doing major things like you mentioned such is "we are completely re-doing the zombie AI" and they didn't seem all that confident that it would work out.

But that is only the odd video. Looking forward to it happening soon.

Hawkie

So can someone sum up the reason for this tax form thing I have to fill out in order to list more than 200 items on the marketplace?

The United States Internal Revenue Service requires us to report gross sales for, and provide IRS Form 1099’s to, only those subscribers who are U.S. citizens or residents and who exceed 200 sales transactions in a calendar year and also exceed $20,000 in gross sales proceeds from those sales transactions in that same calendar year, from all of that subscriber's accounts. If you are a U.S. citizen or resident and exceed both of these thresholds, we will report the amount of gross sales to the IRS and provide you with Form 1099.

Ledsen

Why is Shelter in bundles already? It was just released. I was pretty much ready to buy it on sale, but now I got it for almost nothing.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Why is Shelter in bundles already? It was just released. I was pretty much ready to buy it on sale, but now I got it for almost nothing.

Shelter badger don't give a fuck.

wazoo

too many indies, too many bundles, it is like everybody expect everything to be part of 1$ bundle very soon after release.

P

The United States Internal Revenue Service requires us to report gross sales for, and provide IRS Form 1099’s to, only those subscribers who are U.S. citizens or residents and who exceed 200 sales transactions in a calendar year and also exceed $20,000 in gross sales proceeds from those sales transactions in that same calendar year, from all of that subscriber's accounts. If you are a U.S. citizen or resident and exceed both of these thresholds, we will report the amount of gross sales to the IRS and provide you with Form 1099.

Ah I see, so I still have to fill it out at 200 but if I don't reach $20,000 in revenue I won't have to pay taxes on it?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yay! Won Mirror's Edge. Thanks Dusk Golem! :)

Of course. Raffle ended, still a few keys up for grabbing. First come, first serve for the last few:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 33 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Electronic Super Joy -- MB-536F0A4D645F789C - Taken by alr1ght. 10 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Call of Juarez -- MB-1239E53F866DFBAA - Taken by dave is ok. 15 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-4F086B42D2C3613C - Taken by out getting ribs. 4 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-11211F9D6BEC6C94 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

NecrovisioN -- MB-B820E3DFFE4B9FA8 - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Lightfish -- MB-A702046C16AC78C1 - Taken by drizzle. 3 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Sword of the Stars The Pit -- MB-BCFE1F6E7202D872 - Taken by Servizio. 15 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Botanicula -- MB-02BF6FFFBB91BFFE - Taken by fantomena. 2 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Organ Trail Director's Cut -- MB-1AC1D1C727064A39 - Taken by sheaaaa. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-359B0DF958BC7EFE - Taken by Reckoner. 5 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Bientot lete -- MB-A326C05E24B372ED - Taken by denx. 9 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Shelter -- MB-95B313EEF56B7FCA - Taken by ricochetguro. 10 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Amnesia Dark Descent -- MB-2E1EB0C42C1A2E92 - Taken by gwynplaine. 2 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Knights of Pen and Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-231ADC13C46409B7 - Taken by Lord British. 8 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Euro Truck Simulator -- MB-7458133A37FD01B9 - Taken by Melted77. 8 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Brutal Legend -- MB-6FBD0F742426374B - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-0DE385751A6D1CA5 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by gabbo

header_292x136.jpg

Dark Fall Lost Souls -- MB-2315D473A623B2D3 - Taken by C00kie M0nster. 4 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Killing Floor -- MB-8858370237323AB6 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 3 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-862A357225941A46 - Taken by Retne. 6 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Lucius -- MB-FD3BA1854249DF8D - Taken by louiedog. 3 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Rig n Roll -- MB-B3670E1645F4A354 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

FEZ -- MB-43BE7B9CBD59B877 - Taken by AkuMifune. 16 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-5B5B6F62C018ACB2 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-C590ED2F1FCE89D8 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 3 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Face Noir -- MB-FB82070ABFE86856 - Taken by Wok. 5 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

The Void -- MB-E5D9E50EF8F9C995 - Taken by Anteater. 2 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

The 39 Steps -- MB-0ED56F73A8DE83DA - Taken by Dambrosi. 2 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Mirror's Edge -- MB-4D58E09CCD78909A - Taken by ekim. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

McPixel -- MB-2965E8C16C466316 - Taken by Aaron. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Two Worlds II -- MB-FD39AFF20EB6FF8B - Taken by Vecks. 5 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

The Whispered World -- MB-5633C88DCF20E6D3 - Taken by XShagrath. 2 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club -- MB-C09DEE57EE875D49 - Taken by Iron Badger. 10 entrants total.

t1383902128z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom