• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Thank you very much fantomena for Rune Classic! Going all classic with the classics~

Thanks for Fez Dusk Golem! It's one of the few things I've been missing since trading in my 360.

The other thing I miss is Full House Poker. Steam needs a great social poker game, or Telltale needs to make Poker Night 3 multiplayer. So rad.

And of course~

The_Monk

I start off ambitious about keeping it clean and clutter free but shit always accumulates. Right now, at my desk, outside of the basics I aspire to keep there exclusively (mouse+pad, keyboard), there is: headphones (I want a nice stand), earbuds, my Kindle, 3 pairs of glasses, an empty can of diet coke (ugh), a pen, a stack of post-its, two batteries, my 360 controller, and also an arcade stick.

I understand that a almost daily quick clean is necessary to remove the "basic" things we use while working near the PC.

I am a fan of that as well Monk. Unfortunately, my wife likes her knick knacks and the PC is in the living room (comfy couch gaming for me). So there's some clutter, but it isn't too terrible.

One problem I have with black/dark furniture. Dust! So many and out of nowhere. Ugh.

Definitely a fan of a clean environment as well. Our whole house has a very minimalist look to it, and everything has its own individual place. No stray papers or anything unnecessary laying around on the desk.

Nice, now you got me curious I like a minimalist look on all rooms, not only in the PC area. :)

Go check out all the other Gaffer's setups.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506069

Some really nice and clean setup there. Chittagong's whole flat/apartment is a thing of beauty.

It's one of my favorite threads to gather inspiration from for a long time! ;) I understand that, for some things it's necessary a neat disposable income but in order to keep a simple and minimalist setup you only need some creativity and you need to avoid random clutter. Right now I need a mouse pad but I wonder if the mouse on a wooden desk could cause damage (scratches) the wood in the long term or if it can be bad for the laser from the mouse.

Books and art are also things I like to consider. I would love to get a smaller keyboard and things like Usb's, 360 controller on top of my desktop which is bellow the desk. I just think that you can do more with less sometimes.

I'm always open to some good advice, one day I'll post in that thread.

One more game I had sitting in my Steam inventory...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-DCDC38ED10792BA2 - Taken by Tesseract. 33 entrants total.

t1383935782z1.png

Dr Dogg

I wish I had enough money to buy a nice house. Even a flat. Why did I move to London?

Southerns Tax! It's bad enough here in Bristol let alone the Capital. It's become impossible to get a mortgage in this country unless you earn a small fortune or have a partner and then you both need to earn better than average salaries.

Anywho waaay OT.

It's one of my favorite threads to gather inspiration from for a long time! ;) I understand that, for some things it's necessary a neat disposable income but in order to keep a simple and minimalist setup you only need some creativity and you need to avoid random clutter. Right now I need a mouse pad but I wonder if the mouse on a wooden desk could cause damage (scratches) the wood in the long term or if it can be bad for the laser from the mouse.

Books and art are also things I like to consider. I would love to get a smaller keyboard and things like Usb's, 360 controller on top of my desktop which is bellow the desk. I just think that you can do more with less sometimes.

I'm always open to some good advice, one day I'll post in that thread.

I'm sure you'll post your setup in that thread Monk. Some times imagination can win out throwing money at a problem.

The thing to bare in mind that a lot of the guys who browse through that thread sometimes don't understand that a lot of those guys haven't been handed a small fortune but had to work bloody hard for it. Plus I've always found it much more rewarding seeing the rewards for all the hardwork you've done pay off. Though I'm crap at saving :p.

I also discovered that if you get a Steam gift card in Canada, it costs $50 CAD (no tax at retail) but redeems for $50 USD + there's no tax on Steam purchases in Canada. So that's pretty awesome, saves on currency conversion and dodges tax.

Only EB Games is selling them, right? It would be nice to find Steam cards at BestBuy (I have a lot of reward zone coupons), but they didn't have any at my local store :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I know this may be a little off topic but I was curious if any GAFfer in here is a fan of a clean/minimalistic setup around his/her PC space or in their own home, in general.

I'm a fan of keeping a simple, clean space without clutter, having only the basics with some small decorations here and there to give a personal touch and I was wondering if anyone like to have their own space like that. I've been loving to improve this for a couple of years now and I can't go back since it feels so much better.

You should go to the "show your gaming room" thread on gaf. You'll wonder where all the money comes from, but some of those setups do look amazing.

Nabs

Steam Client Beta Update - Nov 8
- fix startup crashes in DX11 games on Windows 7

SpeedRunners got cards (5 cards / 3 drops). Satazius has cards as well.

Is there any thread for the status of GFWL games in this "rollout" process?

I know several of them were already ported to steamworks, but I still have a few games in my backlog to play:

(Halo 2 - I'm almost finishing it)
RE: Operation Raccoon City
Red Faction Guerilla
Shadowrun

The_Monk

The thing to bare in mind that a lot of the guys who browse through that thread sometimes don't understand that a lot of those guys haven't been handed a small fortune but had to work bloody hard for it. Plus I've always found it much more rewarding seeing the rewards for all the hardwork you've done pay off. Though I'm crap at saving :p.

You should go to the "show your gaming room" thread on gaf. You'll wonder where all the money comes from, but some of those setups do look amazing.

I've been saving and getting small little things when I can, it's not hard to save because when you go for a clean minimalist setup you have to remind that "less is more" so unless you are after top technology items, everything else is manageable.

What is this? Is this PC Only? I want it! Looks so good, price is not half bad considering some new releases are more expensive. You just increased my hype for this game so much. I need it now, now, I like how there seems to be more than one type/class of cars/supercars.

EDIT: Only 2 Achievements, and now of them is:

NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_1_1

Interesting.

Jawmuncher

Is there any thread for the status of GFWL games in this "rollout" process?

I know several of them were already ported to steamworks, but I still have a few games in my backlog to play:

(Halo 2 - I'm almost finishing it)
RE: Operation Raccoon City
Red Faction Guerilla
Shadowrun

I know for RE:ORC capcom said vaguely they were looking into all their games.
Shadowrun is MP only so I think that one might end up dying on PC anyway.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
A reminder, a give-away that will be open for another 17-18 hours giving away several games, including Resident Evil Revelations, Just Cause 2, Poker Night 2, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, and more.

However, last give-away for a while, a free-range give-away for up until today's Steam update, free-for-all, so enter as many as one likes and no restrictions to enter outside of lurker:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

ARES Extinction Agenda -- MB-7382F817D0EE241C - Taken by Tellaerin. 14 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

The 39 Steps -- MB-93F9EC6F977C5789 - Taken by Mugatu. 7 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Resident Evil 6 -- MB-352281008A950DFF - Taken by Tesseract. 83 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Commandos 3 Destination Berlin -- MB-1C3C8F953E5B6F4F - Taken by schwupp. 3 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream -- MB-67595ABD61954E42 - Taken by Miker. 26 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Sanctum -- MB-8112FAA695D028B5 - Taken by tylergregg. 7 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Burn Zombie Burn -- MB-4AFE457B36C3BCB6 - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Fester Mudd Curse of the Gold -- MB-9B710955D133E47D - Taken by ussjtrunks. 8 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Eleusis -- MB-1D2A3613A1092F57 - Taken by nightstorm. 8 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Dear Esther -- MB-551820F1D6A10DC0 - Taken by Honey Bunny. 2 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Enclave Gold 2012 Edition -- MB-45836D4C2BD98663 - Taken by Mengy. 11 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-9888C95ACF94E4EE - Taken by TheFightingFish. 30 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-F675A83CA8C58785 - Taken by wetflame. 8 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

A Walk in the Dark -- MB-A3F3576A1A02C9CC - Taken by FloatingDivider. 34 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

A Walk in the Dark #2 -- MB-FE3623FC299E1AF1 - Taken by Dambrosi. 31 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

A Walk in the Dark #3 -- MB-95352F5671D9B0B3 - Taken by Cyberquake. 38 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

A Walk in the Dark #4 -- MB-7BA67F77E37D3294 - Taken by Slacker. 33 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Damned -- MB-6F4C4BE5412DE916 - Taken by Kirosia. 17 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Lucius -- MB-12C2505288DEE84D - Taken by nexen. 6 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Resident Evil 5 -- MB-701202EFCFED49F8 - Taken by bloke. 64 entrants total.

t1383936727z1.png

Addnan

I've been saving and getting small little things when I can, it's not hard to save because when you go for a clean minimalist setup you have to remind that "less is more" so unless you are after top technology items, everything else is manageable.

What is this? Is this PC Only? I want it! Looks so good, price is not half bad considering some new releases are more expensive. You just increased my hype for this game so much. I need it now, now, I like how there seems to be more than one type/class of cars/supercars.

Should be the greatest sim racer to grace us in many years. Just waiting to get home and buy it.

The_Monk

However, last give-away for a while, a free-range give-away for up until today's Steam update, free-for-all, so enter as many as one likes and no restrictions to enter outside of lurker:

Thank you for such kindness fellow GAFfer, tried for the RE's. ;)

Would you kindly provide a link? I need some of that inspiration.

It's on the last page fellow GAFfer. :)

Should be the greatest sim racer to grace us in many years. Just waiting to get home and buy it.

Oh my... Now I can't deal with such hype, after finishing all my FORZA's and no longer having the console (same with GT) and having DriveClub delayed aaaand been having great fun with Dirt 2 & 3 on PC you are giving me amazing news to hype for.

Can you please leave a small opinion on what you think after some time with the game, please?

garath

Wish I understood these booster packs. I have collected all the game cards I can for about 40 different games. I've been at it for 6+ months? I've gotten 1 single booster.

Turfster

Wish I understood these booster packs. I have collected all the game cards I can for about 40 different games. I've been at it for 6+ months? I've gotten 1 single booster.

Every time someone crafts a badge, someone else gets a random booster. The higher the level, the higher the chance of it being you.

MRORANGE

I know this may be a little off topic but I was curious if any GAFfer in here is a fan of a clean/minimalistic setup around his/her PC space or in their own home, in general.

I'm a fan of keeping a simple, clean space without clutter, having only the basics with some small decorations here and there to give a personal touch and I was wondering if anyone like to have their own space like that. I've been loving to improve this for a couple of years now and I can't go back since it feels so much better.

I'm not that big of a fan of minimalist setups, I try to keep it practical (old photo btw):

A lot of really great giveaways, thanks so much!

No kidding! SteamGAF is always generous but the last few days it has just been off the charts. It's lovely to see but I don't mind admitting I'm all a bit stunned by it all. Don't stop though! I like to see games being given away and being gratefully received :D.

Nabs

is gunslinger worth it?

Yes. It's fantastic.

Single player is a lot of fun and has a neat narrative. It doesn't drag on for too long (5 hrs), but Arcade mode will keep you busy for a bit. I ended up putting 14hrs into the game, and probably would have more if people on my list would play the bonus stuff.

Dr Dogg

Recently I've had Elton John/The Lion King stuck in my head from the amount of generosity of SteamGAF.

Diametrically opposed to all the next gen shenanigans going on.

Altazor

Grief.exe

Really, I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet, hopefully if it does happen it will be alongside all the other missing RE games.

It'll be an amazing day, and when Deadly Premonition is all patched up and on sale.

But I'm obviously in this for the sexual game giving karma favors.

Just need to get on Capcom Japan, they are very stubborn
and quite idiotic
. Sven was making headway before he threw his hands up in disgust and quit.

Thanks again for the giveaways Dusk, I will pay it forward when I have the disposable income.

Melted77

Ezra2680

Anyone need a coupon for Volgarr the Viking (-25%), Foul Play (-33%) or Evoland (-50%)? I'm not gonna use 'em, so might as well give them to people who will.

I'd take the Volgarr the Viking coupon if you still have it, been thinking about getting that for a while.

The_Monk

Thanks again for the giveaways Dusk, when I have the disposable income, I will pay it forward.

This, so much. My last giveaway I offered all games I didn't have and I didn't care, I really want to give them instead of having them for myself because if feels so much better when kindness is shared. Seeing all these giveaways makes me want to give more to this Community. I know that contributing to this Community can be more than just kind offers but still...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom