• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Ezra2680

Just a quick OT question: How do Amazon Instant Video rentals work exactly? Does the licence expire 48 hours from purchase or 48 hours from when you first begin streaming/downloading the film?

From Amazon's website

Viewing Period: When you rent a video, your viewing rights are contained within two periods:
You must complete watching rental videos within a window (typically 30 days) from your payment of the rental fee. The length of this window can be found on the detail page or on a link from the detail page, such as the "Learn more about renting and buying" link on website detail pages.
Once you begin watching the movie or TV show, you must finish watching it within a limited viewing period identified on the detail page (typically 24 or 48 hours). This period begins when you start playback of the video.

So looks like you have 30 days from payments, and 24-48 hours from when you start it

SuperHans

Grabbed the Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior pack. Man Duke 3D is so good. Finished the first episode and I'm near the end of the second. I was amazed I remember where so many of the secrets are. Wish there were modern shooters that followed the same formula.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
From Amazon's website

So looks like you have 30 days from payments, and 24-48 hours from when you start it

Cheers, that wasn't mentioned on the page.

Edit: Err, wait, yes it is. I'm a dumbo and didn't notice the "details" link next to "Rental rights".

Firehead

It is a four pack.

jndm.png

Yeah, store page was slowly updating for me. Wonder if it's better balanced than Rogue Legacy...

Krystof Koreni

Neo Member
A little off topic, but I'm still getting the your password is *** days old, you and you need to choose a new one message periodically when opening new threads or refreshing. Refreshing the page again usually makes it go away. Is this till happening to other people too? I've changed my password a couple of times since that hack, but this is still an issue for me.

"Log out - log back in" is the Gromph Recommended Procedure.

Reckoner

That sounds really interesting. Right now I'm using some of my PS3 controllers. I'm using the method that bypasses DS3Tool altogether so it's pretty seemless. I just plug them into the PC and they bind with the PC. And then I hit the PS button on one or several of them and they all link and work with the PC. So I probably won't be replacing mine anytime soon because they work well enough but I certainly wouldn't get one for family members for christmas. This logitech sounds like a better option than picking up either a PS4 or XBone controller for their PC use.

What method? I didn't know there was a way to use Xinput with a DS3 without DS3Tool.

Grabbed the Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior pack. Man Duke 3D is so good. Finished the first episode and I'm near the end of the second. I was amazed I remember where so many of the secrets are. Wish there were modern shooters that followed the same formula.

Our minds store everything we ever experience; accessing it can be the problem :).

By the goddess.

Rain on games like Dirt 3 or Sleeping Dogs. No way, I can't believe this.

pics or it didnt happen lol

random

Thank you for the giveaways, MakeshiftChef and Dusk Golem (I really hope it is not possible to win more than one time in a giveaway...)

My little contribution:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Shelter Plus Childrens book -- MB-E99F5426991D4206 - Taken by gabrielt16. 18 entrants total.

t1383944287z1.png

I have been enjoying what I have played of the game so far. I would say that it is more of a game than I was expecting, but I would still call it more fascinating than "fun".

I have played for the first time through Tomas was Alone. It's an ambitious idea, that the game really manages to pull off. Funny, engaging, beautiful, and with some really well written characters. The only issue I had was with how the game handles inertia, or maybe how it handles input from an analog stick, I couldn't figure it out.

Thank you again for the chance to play it, Colin.

Acccent

Regarding the talks about the controllers on the previous page, I'd recommend getting a 360 one instead of waiting for the Xbone's. Sure, the Dpad is better, but everything else is worse imo. (The DS4 is excellent but the feel is a totally different, and I imagine the Steam controller will be even less comparable.)

Well this is pretty depressing, my giveaway failed again - or theres like 15 games to be redeemed..I did got a "BOGUS KEY" message for two of my keys via my loot command though, so maybe these would work without them..

Shambles

This is the method I used too. Works brilliantly.

I also might have x360ce installed in order to make it emulate a 360 pad. I don't remember if that driver does that on it's own or if I had to do that separately with x360ce. I guess it speaks to how smoothly it works when I haven't had to touch it in forever because it just works. I still kind of wish I had a proper GC controller for dolphin though. Nintendo always has such weird button layouts.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That sounds really interesting. Right now I'm using some of my PS3 controllers. I'm using the method that bypasses DS3Tool altogether so it's pretty seemless. I just plug them into the PC and they bind with the PC. And then I hit the PS button on one or several of them and they all link and work with the PC. So I probably won't be replacing mine anytime soon because they work well enough but I certainly wouldn't get one for family members for christmas. This logitech sounds like a better option than picking up either a PS4 or XBone controller for their PC use.

I think it's definitely one of the best options on the PC. Rock-solid construction, fantastic compatibility, pretty great battery life, a better d-pad than the 360 pad, and better shoulder buttons than a PS3 pad. The only negative I have is that the wireless receiver doesn't have fantastic range in my setup (which isn't an issue with the wired version, obviously).

That being said, I can't wait for Valve's controller.

Take it away (reposting these)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Death to Spies Gold -- -- MB-51192EEBE57DD1AF - Taken by kadab
Men of War Red Tide #2 -- -- MB-1484A3F61DE5A647 - Taken by Faabulous

For the rest of the keys I need help from Stump - how do I nuke "BOGUS GAME KEYS" that I see in my loot command?

Li Kao

I was waiting until I could catch up on the thread to make a proper post about it :
Thank you to fellow Wok for Fester Mudd !
I'm genuinely interested in it and the game was in my wishlist, thanks again !

--

On a related note, for anybody wondering about the humble daedalic bundle. If you do not hate point and click games, I see no reason to not bite the bullet on it. It is true that the most interesting offer if (logically) behind the BTA gate, but let's examine what you receive for 6$

Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
- second installment of a pnc series about a mental institute patient and her friend a living fluffy rabbit (the first episode won several prizes)

A New Beginning - Final Cut
- a seemingly bad game with weak plot and bad voice work, nice looking

The Whispered World
- again bad voices in some country, but had really good reviews

The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet
Game box The Chronicles of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night's Dream
- didn't even know they were released outside of Germany, someone said hidden object games :fear:

Deponia
- good reviews overall, top hand drawn environments, I vouch for it

Journey of a Roach
- a game that just came out !

The Dark Eye - Chains of Satinav
- good reviews, magnificent art

So for 6$ you have a newly released game, two very solid pnc, the second episode of a strange pnc and some fluff. Not bad, pretty fantastic even.

--

On to Deponia itself.
I loved it. Yup, I keep repeating myself but that's the extent of how I loved it.
Basically in a time when I needed to experiment that old PNC feel again, the game was exactly what I was looking for. In recent years some companies were more or less labeled as point and click keepers of the flame, but they don't hold a candle to Daedalic in my opinion. Telltale's Sam & Max were too inconsistent and the ditching of hand drawn graphics was an horrible idea come to life (season 3 wasn't so bad though). And Pendulo, yeah they are sympathetic, yeah I owe them some really happy hours with their game Igor: Objective Uikokahonia, but the Runaway series never really stood on its own for me.
Deponia on the contrary... Nice hand drawn graphics, humor and above all not too heavy on the stupidly convoluted puzzles (I could finish it by myself, oh the joy).
What is it about ? Yeah I could have begun with that, I shouldn't have drunk some wine some minutes ago... Deponia tells the story of a man stranded on a planet which have become a junkyard, where only the poor people live. The rich, nice, lucky, whatever, lives elsewhere. Can't recall, maybe a space station. Evidently our protagonist is literally obsessed with the idea of leaving Deponia and joining the other side. Evidently he is also a loser. And evidently he is also an egomaniac and some could argue a misogynist. Adventures and hilarity ensues.
That's all, if you like pnc you could do far worse than to play Deponia, far far worse. And look on the bright side, if you crave for a little white knighting you can jump on the bandwagon of people lamenting over the so called misogynistic depiction of women (despite the fact that the only time where the main girl acts, she is not a poor victim, despite the fact that you are playing a light, humorous game with a loser as a hero, despite all common sense). You can saddle up you white horse and join the fun too !

Anteater

Reading the review excerpts, that actually sounds hella fun. >.>

“Each time the protagonist dies, you find yourself coming back with a vengeance, determined to try a new strategy, a different approach to her upbringing. It's borderline addictive. It's also likely to make a monster out of you. By the end of my first successful playthrough, I had summarily butchered everyone who even thought about looking at us funny, forced the princess into a continuous state of docility and lied my way through every social encounter possible. Was it evil? Yes. Was it glorious? Definitely.”

1255605321_shocked52f8u.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom