• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Long Live The Queen is now on steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/251990/

What the eff?

ss_c1f8e1c4a46f9fca85d5e0a16016f5f0d41f0217.1920x1080.jpg

Speaking of controllers, Asylum was the first 3D/action game I fully played with a controller (X360) and this time I noticed the d-pad was unresponsive lot of times, like it wouldn't select the crypt seq (which is the bottom right). I don't remember having problems with it in platformers.

Li Kao

Speaking of controllers, Asylum was the first 3D/action game I fully played with a controller (X360) and this time I noticed the d-pad was unresponsive lot of times, like it wouldn't select the crypt seq. I don't remember having problems with it in platformers.

Oh it can be absolutely horrible in some plate formers. Rogue Legacy comes to mind. Although I wonder in what measure its is not a problem with the game itself. I mean, the 360 controller dpad is very very bad, but in Rogue Legacy it was beyond words for me.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
By the goddess.

Rain on games like Dirt 3 or Sleeping Dogs. No way, I can't believe this.
Man, I'm dying to see this myself (though I don't own Dirt). Rain in games is always something I love. Of course, in real life I love it even more.

dani_dc

Deques

Aliens: Colonial Marines is 75% off in GameFly. Do I want it?

I remember that Stump posted his impression on it. But I didn't read it...

Thanks. And BTW, to be clear: does "If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway." mean an actual day, or 24h?

My understanding is that when the draw takes place ModBot picks a winner and then checks to see if they have won another ModBot gift within the last 24 hours, in this scenario.

The_Monk

Man, I'm dying to see this myself (though I don't own Dirt). Rain in games is always something I love. Of course, in real life I love it even more.

Indeed, it's a great feeling when it's raining outside or in-game. I would say it can act as a relaxing therapy to be honest. :)

Cth

Is the Marketplace acting up for anyone else?

New cards aren't listed, and I just received an email from Steam for an item I sold 2 days ago.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh it can be absolutely horrible in some plate formers. Rogue Legacy comes to mind. Although I wonder in what measure its is not a problem with the game itself. I mean, the 360 controller dpad is very very bad, but in Rogue Legacy it was beyond words for me.
Glad to see I'm not the only one. The 360 pad sucked in that game, and I found it better to play with keyboard.

Going for a walk while raining is always a very soothing and surreal experience.
Sadly I never do. Not only do I have nowhere to go, but if I did my family would think I am crazy.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream

Welcome to Steam In-Home Streaming
Steam In-Home Streaming is a feature that will allow people to stream games from one computer to another anywhere in their house.

This feature will be available for beta testing later this year. Beta participants will randomly selected from members of this group, so join, have fun, and stay tuned for more details!

The_Monk

For those that won those RE games pleaseee play them, don't let them sit in your library even if RE5 have GFWL, I've been playing two games with that and I'm still alive (brave soul, I know).

Also I hope everyone can thank to the kind fellow GAFfer by such amazing games, it's the very least anyone can do! :)

Blablurn

hai

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Burnout Paradise -- MB-C6985C4052068D8D - Taken by random
Crysis 2 -- MB-ADEBE2CDF4148861 - Taken by bloke
Mirrors Edge -- MB-51A22CA8BDBCF379 - Taken by Vazduh
Dead Space -- MB-C597CFE347A5586E - Taken by Slacker

FloatOn

just finished the bureau

this game is the definition of "b-tier" with regards to everything but it's brilliant battle focus combat mechanic.

all squad based third person shooters shoot rip it off going forward.

For those that won those RE games pleaseee play them, don't let them sit in your library even if RE5 have GFWL, I've been playing two games with that and I'm still alive (brave soul, I know).

Also I hope everyone can thank to the kind fellow GAFfer by such amazing games, it's the very least anyone can do! :)

I entered for 'em, super generous giveaway. I just played my first RE game semi-recently (RE4 on the Wii) and I found it a really interesting game. I've never played the older REs so I can compare it with them, but I found the "slow action" genre to be really appealing. It's not slow in a bad way, but every motion and movement has lots of "weight" associated with it. Like with dark souls (odd comparison I know) I felt that I needed a high level of situational awareness and awareness of my own and the enemies attack animations to beat some of the encounters.

Li Kao

I have a 50' HDMI cable. Streaming, who needs it?

This is awesome.

Also, Steam Streaming sounds DIRTY.

Hey I had this idea too (and I admittedly am too stupid to convert your thing in glorious meters :-x ) but I always feared to lose quality with a big cable. I mean last time I checked wikipedia was a paragon of logic : "with this kind of cable there is no loss" and on the same page "a long hdmi cable can cause problems". Yeah, indeed, pure logic...

AkuMifune

Banned
just finished the bureau

this game is the definition of "b-tier" with regards to everything but it's brilliant battle focus combat mechanic.

all squad based third person shooters shoot rip it off going forward.

I'm still interested to play it, but GB's Vinny made it sounds terribly unappealing. Like, it's better to just solo everything because your squad is worthless and dies so quickly?

Tellaerin

A reminder, a give-away that will be open for another 17-18 hours giving away several games, including Resident Evil Revelations, Just Cause 2, Poker Night 2, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, and more.

However, last give-away for a while, a free-range give-away for up until today's Steam update, free-for-all, so enter as many as one likes and no restrictions to enter outside of lurker:

Thanks for ARES, Dusk. : ) (Modbot says I won it, but I haven't gotten a PM yet, so either it's lagged or someone else received it.) Either way, I appreciate the thought!

rtcn63

Thanks for ARES, Dusk. : ) (Modbot says I won it, but I haven't gotten a PM yet, so either it's lagged or someone else received it.) Either way, I appreciate the thought!

Same here, guessing modbot just harlem shaking out. Oh, and thanks for Damned! Never even heard of it before.

Dambrosi

Banned
Dust Golem is awesome and all, and thanks for the amazing giveaway and all, but I'm 40 and what is this? (It's supposed to be Walk In The Dark, by the way)

nogaemwot.jpg

Is it DLC for another game? If so, which game?

Cth

Dust Golem is awesome and all, and thanks for the amazing giveaway and all, but I'm 40 and what is this? (It's supposed to be Walk In The Dark, by the way)

nogaemwot.jpg

Is it DLC for another game? If so, which game?

I had that happen the other day (blank title for the game) .. could just be a Steam hiccup.

The game for me was The Showdown Effect (I think.)

I still haven't gotten someone to Co-Op RE5.

Fucking Dragonlife left me hanging. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom