• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey Bunny

orz_yuukorhjs3.gif

oh man my luck dried out, but thanks for the giveaway!

glitter-graphics-sorry-883542.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just got done adding all of the new backgrounds into the Enhanced Steam database. They are releasing so quickly now I decided to write a script that can scrape SteamCardExchange and pull them directly into the ES database.

There are now 1717 profile backgrounds. Crazy...

Anybody else here that used to visit TeamXbox way back in the day? That place used to be pretty popular. Just went there earlier to get the vibe of the place. Man what an end that place came to. Nothing but spam messages in the forums. It felt like a message board graveyard.

Tenrius

Yeah, that worked. Odd little hiccup, that.

In fact, is it just me, or has Steam become increasingly buggy over the last couple of weeks?

It's been happening for quite a while already, actually. I think the first known occurrence was like in August.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anybody else here that used to visit TeamXbox way back in the day? That place used to be pretty popular. Just went there earlier to get the vibe of the place. Man what an end that place came to. Nothing but spam messages in the forums. It felt like a message board graveyard.

I know some of our longest GAF members like maybe Shard migrated here from TeamXbox. Not sure of anyone in the Steam thread in specific.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks for ARES, Dusk. : ) (Modbot says I won it, but I haven't gotten a PM yet, so either it's lagged or someone else received it.) Either way, I appreciate the thought!

It can only send a few PMs a minute due to the way GAF throttles stuff. If you don't get the PM in the end, do a my loot PM to get a list of everything you've won.

If you don't mind the PS form factor, I'll suggest either the Logitech F710 (wireless) or F310 (wired):

RwAtIGL.png

Your computer will see it as an Xbox controller without any additional configuration. It also features a toggle to flip the right analog stick with the d-pad input (handy in some platformers that ignore the d-pad because of the 360's shitty implementation), as well as a switch on the back that flips from X-input (the new standard input) and d-input (the old standard used in older pc games) for compatibility.
Thanks for the PC controller guru session.

I'll buy it at a high price. =)

Tenrius

If you don't mind the PS form factor, I'll suggest either the Logitech F710 (wireless) or F310 (wired):

RwAtIGL.png

Your computer will see it as an Xbox controller without any additional configuration. It also features a toggle to flip the right analog stick with the d-pad input (handy in some platformers that ignore the d-pad because of the 360's shitty implementation), as well as a switch on the back that flips from X-input (the new standard input) and d-input (the old standard used in older pc games) for compatibility.

The only real downside of this pad is its large deadzone, which is not good for shooters. Otherwise it's absolutely fantastic, been using it for the last 1.5 years.

Li Kao

Check your PM ;)

Lol this is not funny anymore, think of anteater :p
I swear I will buy it for him if I find it cheap enough. Good 'bad' 'game' by the way imho. Read somewhere that the dev made the madest bet there is by making a game unpleasant to play. In some way I can relate. Barely a game, moody as hell and short. But hell if this game don't burn its little place in your soul. More fun to have been played than to play in a way.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Here's my list of unowned licensed games -- or games that use a license -- on Steam. Naturally, it's not everything, but I thought it might be of use to others who are interested in knowing what to look out for:

Edit: A few of the titles listed are published by the licence holder, like the Magic: The Gathering games, but after Paramount pulled two Paramount-published games, each based on a Paramount film property, I didn't want to take chances.

You seem to be in pretty good shape, a cursory glance of that list suggests that almost all of those are very recent releases and thus not likely to be pulled over the next little while.

I would buy Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock soon if I were you though. BBC has cancelled the planned sequels to the game + the Doctor Who games that were greenlit have not had any updates about getting them put on Steam. Not any imminent signs of delisting, but you take this stuff seriously and the game itself is only $9.99 and never gets discounted, so...

Anteater

I swear I will buy it for him if I find it cheap enough. Good 'bad' 'game' by the way imho. Read somewhere that the dev made the madest bet there is by making a game unpleasant to play. In some way I can relate. Barely a game, moody as hell and short. But hell if this game don't burn its little place in your soul. More fun to have been played than to play in a way.

It's alright :lol I would buy it during a sale if I want to play it that much lol, it's just one of those games I'm not sure about since there are a lot of negativity towards it, but I'm really curious.

I consider it an interactive story rather than a game. On those terms I really like it. Same for the 39 Steps.

What up if we have it on desura?

You get both keys so can activate the game on both clients if you wish or gift one away.

Vindicis

Banned
nice, I assume this is the beta, havent really heard much from the game in the past.... months?

Sorry, it's a key for the original game, not the beta. Sadly the beta was delayed. The original game will be up for purchase on the 12th to those that didn't do the kickstarter.

The_Monk

nice, I assume this is the beta, havent really heard much from the game in the past.... months?

It's for the first Wasteland, I believe fellow GAFfer. There's no Wasteland 2 steam keys... correct?

Either way I can't wait for that game since I finished Shadowrun Returns.

MRORANGE

Sorry, it's a key for the original game, not the beta. Sadly the beta was delayed. The original game will be up for purchase on the 12th to those that didn't do the kickstarter.

It's for the first Wasteland, I believe fellow GAFfer. There's no Wasteland 2 steam keys... correct?

Either way I can't wait for that game since I finished Shadowrun Returns.

Reading comprehension fail on my part, my bad.

Still good news.

Miker

I've won a few pretty great giveaways here on GAF, and so I'd like to give something back, even if they are mostly leftovers from Humble Bundles. Hopefully these keys all still work!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-4333AACBAFD7F46C - Taken by Vibranium. 2 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-14239ED881D95966 - Taken by Rickenslacker. 9 entrants total.
The Binding of Isaac and Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-A39FC15A9AE38A88 - Taken by neoism. 4 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-22FE9732A22FAA10 - Taken by Slacker. 2 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-67BC341B62C814BE - Taken by Spazo. 4 entrants total.
The Basement Collection -- MB-08515D05D9210CD2 - Taken by JDHarbs. 4 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-601ACF0657B565F6 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-E2B6A23D896FE5B1 - Taken by Honey Bunny. 1 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-9901DF9144A52095 - Taken by bloke. 3 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-80065F7701DADE38 - Taken by SinineSiil. 1 entrants total.
Neighbors From Hell Compilation -- MB-569E2F243D79162E - Taken by alr1ght. 8 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype 1 -- MB-C60684C2A6B36DCE - Taken by Kirosia. 1 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype 2 -- MB-03CD6D310F0E2400 - Taken by gwynplaine. 1 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype 3 -- MB-A697DE677F4E47B2 - Taken by animlboogy. 1 entrants total.
Intrusion 2 -- MB-850728CE73FDCBB8 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Rockets: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-D80FA472A544605D - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-75E7FA158B4DFC14 - Taken by kadab. 2 entrants total.
Indie Game: The Movie -- MB-D8AAF6E7D9AC37F1 - Taken by chronomac. 6 entrants total.

t1383951488z1.png

Grief.exe

Great giveaway Miker, a lot of must play indie titles in there.

Derrick would disagree due to the lack of Terrria. The only Indie game worth playing™

Grief.exe

Reading comprehension fail on my part, my bad.

Still good news.

The cool thing about the Wasteland 1 port is Inexile has done a good amount of work cleaning up the port to make it run on modern systems.
They have also added in updated portraits for visual fidelity and made it easy for the community to add in their own. Crowdsource the update process in a way.

JDHarbs

The only real downside of this pad is its large deadzone, which is not good for shooters. Otherwise it's absolutely fantastic, been using it for the last 1.5 years.
I agree with this. Been using the wired F310 for a couple of years now. Half the price of a 360 controller and its compatible with a lot more games. You can't really go wrong with picking one up.

Vibranium

Banned
The cool thing about the Wasteland 1 port is Inexile has done a good amount of work cleaning up the port to make it run on modern systems.
They have also added in updated portraits for visual fidelity and made it easy for the community to add in their own. Crowdsource the update process in a way.

That's good news, I can't wait to play my copy of W1. Way before my time, but I'm sure I'll have lots of fun with it.

Tenrius

Will it also be sold on Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom