• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKUltra

I've won a few pretty great giveaways here on GAF, and so I'd like to give something back, even if they are mostly leftovers from Humble Bundles. Hopefully these keys all still work!
Thanks, tried for Indie Game: The Movie, I've been meaning to watch it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So the Desura key works on Steam?

I think you guys are mutually confusing one another.

I believe woo and indeed hoo is referring to the fact that with Groupees, you ALSO get a Steam key (it looks like this):
S1MWe4G.png

Obviously I have redeemed both keys so I have no problem posting that.

I suspect that you were asking, totally unrelated to Groupees, whether or not people who bought Survivor Squad on Desura got a Steam key. To check on this, go to desura.com/collection, find your game, and click on the Keys link. If there is a Steam key, you will get it:

IE with Cloning Clyde
OjZtEtu.png

Click Keys

UFZylwg.png

Wait, is there even such a thing as cross-compatible keys? Anyone know of any precedence to this?

Dawn of Fantasy is one such example (Desura key with hyphens removed works as Steam key)

The_Monk

The cool thing about the Wasteland 1 port is Inexile has done a good amount of work cleaning up the port to make it run on modern systems.
They have also added in updated portraits for visual fidelity and made it easy for the community to add in their own. Crowdsource the update process in a way.

I can't wait for Wasteland 2 and I know you want it too, I need to become better at such games regarding stats and whatnot so I'm counting on you!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I've won a few pretty great giveaways here on GAF, and so I'd like to give something back, even if they are mostly leftovers from Humble Bundles. Hopefully these keys all still work!

A wonderful giveaway. I hope people try for Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers, a good title that deserves some more attention. Slice everything.

Deques

Survivor Squad steam keys are up on Groupees if you own the Bundle of the Damned 2.

I was going to ask if IndieGala purchases will be getting Steam keys, but I checked for the information myself

This is from the developer

I'm currently sending Steam keys to all the places where the game has been available, I'll keep this thread updated with the status.

Groupees: Ready to redeem
IndieGameStand: Ready to redeem
Desura: Ready to redeem
IndieGala: Waiting
GamersGate: Waiting
HumbleStore: Waiting

How to Redeem:
Groupees: Go to your profile page, and click on the game the same way you got your Desura key

IndieGameStand: Go to https://indiegamestand.com/wallet.php and click "Request Steam Key"

Desura: Go to http://www.desura.com/games/survivor-squad/keys

catabarez

You seem to be in pretty good shape, a cursory glance of that list suggests that almost all of those are very recent releases and thus not likely to be pulled over the next little while.

I would buy Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock soon if I were you though. BBC has cancelled the planned sequels to the game + the Doctor Who games that were greenlit have not had any updates about getting them put on Steam. Not any imminent signs of delisting, but you take this stuff seriously and the game itself is only $9.99 and never gets discounted, so...

The Greenlight page says that they are working on getting those games on Steam.

So Marlow Briggs is pretty damn alright.

As a character-action PC game It's definitely a tier below the likes of DMC4 and even DmC but it's still very competent and entertaining.

Not bad looking either. Animations are suspect but the backgrounds are definitely a step above what one would expect of a low-budget affair.
Steam screenshot (yeah I know) said:

nexen

As a character-action PC game It's definitely a tier below the likes of DMC4 and even DmC but it's still very competent and entertaining.

Not bad looking either. Animations are suspect but the backgrounds are definitely a step above what one would expect of a low-budget affair.

Is it wrong that this is on my radar now mostly because of the word "Indefenistrable"?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Dude has massive hands.

yup, bought it yesterday, and it really surprised me, by it's quality.

Krystof Koreni

Neo Member

Remember Me-grade backgrounds, even.

One of these end of year GOTY awards lists really needs to have a "Most Remarkably Good Backgrounds" category.

Newblade

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-8C1B68B8DA5285FB - Taken by topyy
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-52B584C0CB596D99 - Taken by Cheddahz

There you go.

Tellaerin

Oh man did I love/hate Wasteland.
So hard. So brutally hard.

Wasteland will always hold a special place in my heart. That's the first game I bought for my Tandy 1000, the first IBM PC-compatible machine I ever owned. The game supported the Tandy 16-color graphics mode, and I remember being amazed by the graphics at the time, especially the NPC and monster portraits. Funny to think about, looking back on it now.

Salsa

every time I see groupees mentioned I go back to my profile page and check every game for steam keys and there's always a new one

nexen

Wasteland will always hold a special place in my heart. That's the first game I bought for my Tandy 1000, the first IBM PC-compatible machine I ever owned. The game supported the Tandy 16-color graphics mode, and I remember being amazed by the graphics at the time, especially the NPC and monster portraits. Funny to think about, looking back on it now.

I will always remember the first time I saw 16 color graphics on a PC.
It was an IBM PC Jr. prototype that my friend's dad had brought home from IBM. It was absolutely glorious.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
:)

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-4140716F82B704AF - Taken by topyy. 17 entrants total.

t1383957878z1.png

OK, one last giveaway from me for a while! A special "thank you" to the GAF community who make this thread such an awesome place to be. This is the combo pack currently on sale on Steam, I didn't know how to get the artwork to display. Hopefully this works properly, I added the "Blood Dragon" text in the Modbot reply. If it does not for some reason, I will pm the winner the necessary details.
ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Juarez Gunslinger Plus Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon -- MB-93187CC8C51AFD7F - Taken by animlboogy. 100 entrants total.

t1384034153z1.png

topyy

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Gun Monkeys -- MB-CF37895CACDF3943 - Taken by Kuroyume

Gun Monkeys key,is it working?

kami_sama

OK, one last giveaway from me for a while! A special "thank you" to the GAF community who make this thread such an awesome place to be. This is the combo pack currently on sale on Steam, I didn't know how to get the artwork to display. Hopefully this works properly, I added the "Blood Dragon" text in the Modbot reply. If it does not for some reason, I will pm the winner the necessary details.

Thank you!

Nice giveaways!

I wish Logitech didn't discontinue the F510, it seems like the other two are just "a little too hot, a little too cold". I want to keep rumble, but I have no use for wireless battery swapping/recharging when I play right next to my PC anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom