• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

random

OK, one last giveaway from me for a while! A special "thank you" to the GAF community who make this thread such an awesome place to be. This is the combo pack currently on sale on Steam, I didn't know how to get the artwork to display. Hopefully this works properly, I added the "Blood Dragon" text in the Modbot reply. If it does not for some reason, I will pm the winner the necessary details.

If you want to make your giveaway prettier, you should be able to add:

Code:
http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/subs/30657/header_292x136.jpg

between
tags:

header_292x136.jpg

rtcn63

*Think* the key isn't used. Not even sure if anyone wants it if it did. :D

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Trine 2 -- MB-190A4B2A6CD747A9 - Taken by DXLelouch153. 2 entrants total.

t1383950407z1.png

denx

Dusk Golem, the key I received for Bientot Lete was a duplicate. :( Thanks anyway for the giveaway.

MakeshiftChef that's an awesome giveaway. I'll pass though since I already have Blood Dragon and I've won enough stuff in ModBot raffles already. Good luck everyone participating in the raffle!

AHA-Lambda

I'm currently on holiday in Gran Canaria and notice the sale price for Shadow Warrior is better here than my UK equivalent.

Would I get into any trouble with Steam if I buy it here? Would my Steam Wallet in GBP cover the transaction?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

user237

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Neighbours From Hell Compilation -- MB-49CE91350B60E051 - Taken by topyy. 9 entrants total.

t1383952028z1.png

i like nachos

The Pinball Arcade Star Trek TNG profile background is money
That's pretty good. I lament at all the crappy backgrounds (and emoticons) that games pump out. I was hoping Human Revolution would get some good ones, but three of them are variants on the same Jenson art and the actual cool one of the Detroit skyline doesn't properly gradient into black, leaving a clear seam at the bottom of the background. So close to being great, but not good enough.

Edit: Thanks Miker, much appreciated!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of backgrounds. Every time I hit the save button on the custom background selector it's asking me to login to enhancedsteam.com through steam. Is this a bug?

Nope. I had to switch this to Steam OAuth authentication due to abuse (people changing other people's profile backgrounds).

It's perfectly safe though, Enhanced Steam never gets or sees your authentication details. It's just a way for Enhanced Steam to verify that you're changing your own background and not someone else's.

AHA-Lambda

I'm currently on holiday in Gran Canaria and notice the sale price for Shadow Warrior is better here than my UK equivalent.

Would I get into any trouble with Steam if I buy it here? Would my Steam Wallet in GBP cover the transaction?

For new page, anyone know?

Echoplx

Nope. I had to switch this to Steam OAuth authentication due to abuse (people changing other people's profile backgrounds).

It's perfectly safe though, Enhanced Steam never gets or sees your authentication details. It's just a way for Enhanced Steam to verify that you're changing your own background and not someone else's.

So there's no way for it to remember your login? It's not a big deal but is annoying when I want to try out a bunch of new ones.

jshackles

For new page, anyone know?

From my understanding, the system won't let you purchase items outside of your account's region (country) code.

topyy

if "I"or"0" is not working,try "1" or "O".

ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Gun Monkeys 2# -- MB-6F6D1F2D0A887551 - Taken by okayfrog. 2 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-7D12233990D7C6F5 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 7 entrants total.

t1383952838z1.png

okayfrog

Banned
Thanks toppy for Gun Monkeys. 'nother game with dem trading cards. Upcoming winter sale should be damn fun if it's similar to the summer sale.

OK, one last giveaway from me for a while! A special "thank you" to the GAF community who make this thread such an awesome place to be. This is the combo pack currently on sale on Steam, I didn't know how to get the artwork to display. Hopefully this works properly, I added the "Blood Dragon" text in the Modbot reply. If it does not for some reason, I will pm the winner the necessary details.

Damn, I want Gunslinger but already own Blood Dragon... I'll leave this for someone who doesn't have either.

MRORANGE

it's region locked by store, so you won't be able to buy, you can ask Valve to switch your regional settings but it's bit pointless to do if it's just a holiday.

jshackles

So there's no way for it to remember your login? It's not a big deal but is annoying when I want to try out a bunch of new ones.

Sadly, no there isn't. This is by design so that you never have to create a separate account with Enhanced Steam. Right now every time you update your wallpaper it uses the OAuth authentication token to verify your identity, updates the database, then destroys the token. Short of creating a separate Enhanced Steam account, there really isn't a way around this that doesn't open itself up to abuse.

Alpha invites for Nosgoth are going out now.

Cool I'm interested in hearing some impressions. I really loved Legacy of Kain / Soul Reaver, but this game kinda looks like a fail.

FloatOn

I'm still interested to play it, but GB's Vinny made it sounds terribly unappealing. Like, it's better to just solo everything because your squad is worthless and dies so quickly?

False on all counts. It's all in the gear you load them out with.

And even if they are not perfect, the brilliant thing about the battle focus system is that you can pretty much control everything they do. From where they move, to who they should shoot and what abilities they should use.

jshackles

The review list for Enhanced Steam is looking pretty sad, can GAF help out by posting your impressions?

For example:

i cant find it i my apps and don't know were it is please help

I cant find it in my apps or uninstall it i cant even find please reply

I added but it never showed up in the apps i cant seem to go to the app and i cant uninstall it please help

Why do people think it's a Chrome APP? It's clearly labeled as an extension.

Wow, there were far fewer entries for some of these given the concentrated awesome. I guess everyone already has them. Not that that's a bad thing; there were some of my favourite games that I've played since I got into pc gaming about five months ago in that giveaway.

Damn, I want Gunslinger but already own Blood Dragon... I'll leave this for someone who doesn't have either.

Ditto. bro Considerate fellow GAFer fist bump

The review list for Enhanced Steam is looking pretty sad, can GAF help out by posting your impressions?

For example:

Why do people think it's a Chrome APP? It's clearly labeled as an extension.

people am morans lol

Echoplx

Sadly, no there isn't. This is by design so that you never have to create a separate account with Enhanced Steam. Right now every time you update your wallpaper it uses the OAuth authentication token to verify your identity, updates the database, then destroys the token. Short of creating a separate Enhanced Steam account, there really isn't a way around this that doesn't open itself up to abuse..

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom