• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Can somebody explain me what the softwares WestwoodChat and WestwoodOnline is? And why do I have Dual-Core Optimizer on my PC when I don't use AMD?

Well, it's way past Halloween now! Valve needs to get their stuff together
Valve is pretty dumb on Halloween timing, it's a recurring thing to launch the Halloween updates at the very end of October and cutting it off a few weeks after, making the majority of it take place in November.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
WestwoodOnline/Chat are services related to command and conquer, AMD dual core optimiser is bundled as a redistributable with certain games.

I can't tell you why you have them.
Just say it's because he touches himself.

So, I was trying to backup all my Steam games. It froze up at the end. Now I have the backup folder stuck on my desktop. I can't delete or open it. It's just stuck there forever.

HZVeAOe.jpg

Tried restarting the computer, stays the same. Pretty annoying. I hate having shit on my desktop.

Dec

So, I was trying to backup all my Steam games. It froze up at the end. Now I have the backup folder stuck on my desktop. I can't delete or open it. It's just stuck there forever.

Tried restarting the computer, stays the same. Pretty annoying. I hate having shit on my desktop.

Tried delete key? No idea if it'll work but that's what I'd try.

Miker

Just started Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. Had to launch it a bunch of times to get my widescreen/FOV settings right, but otherwise, it runs without any issues.

That said, the game feels really janky. Of course I knew its reputation coming in, but I wasn't prepared for how disjointed it can feel sometimes. The cutscene transitions are incredibly awkward/abrupt, and I just feel like the scripting is about to fall apart any second and something won't trigger.

Still, I really liked the intro - the atmosphere and the voice acting - and I can't wait to actually start playing more of it.

Grief.exe

When I get back into town, its probably about time to reformat and go to Windows 8.1.
Just need to polish off Resident Evil Revelations first.

For those that have already switched over, what are your impressions?

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Amazing background, give it to me please

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
When I get back into town, its probably about time to reformat and go to Windows 8.1.

I have it installed dual-boot on my Mac, it's in several ways an improvement over vanilla Win8 for my usage. Still have my PC on 7 though.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
The folder or path name may be too long. Have you tried renaming the folder? (You may need to use the command prompt to do this.)

Turfster

I haven't really played games on it (the win 8.1 box is my dev box), but it's kinda... eh.
Win 8 added a lot of interesting new features over 7, but also took away some really useful stuff. Still hate the new Start screen and the default metro apps.

JakeD

this happened to me as well a few months ago. it's a weird bug between windows and steam. can't remember how i fixed it unfortunately but it did eventually delete itself (or allow me to delete it)

i always just backup manually now instead of using the buggy steam backup

kevin1025

Banned
If you win, just add the code to the end of the following link:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=

If it doesn't work, please let me know and I'll send you the gift link.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deponia -- MB-4FAAD6A83C052808 - Taken by bronson
Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-942A774AB8AD01F5 - Taken by Cth

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
SteamGAF : This is my first post in any SteamGAF thread as I am new to Steam and PC gaming in general. I am only 2 months in, so take it easy on me if I ask a stupid question.

Also, here are some spare keys from a couple of eBay bundles :

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-DBE9BAE0DE7EC54F - Taken by wilflare. 9 entrants total.
Hitman Absolution -- MB-B5FAE61ECF7CA3C2 - Taken by kafiend. 6 entrants total.
Tomb Raider -- MB-6CEFAD3F2E02E05D - Taken by vermadas. 18 entrants total.
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-D26FE9EA3A9C594F - Taken by The_Monk. 24 entrants total.
Far Cry 3 -- MB-12CC8C49DD291A80 - Taken by Cuban Legend. 10 entrants total.

t1383968183z1.png

Far Cry 3 is a Uplay code. All of the codes for the other games I redeemed with no problem so I don't see why these should not.

Enjoy!

Cheddahz

Banned
SteamGAF : This is my first post in any SteamGAF thread as I am new to Steam and PC gaming in general. I am only 2 months in, so take it easy on me if I ask a stupid question.

Far Cry 3 is a Uplay code. All of the codes for the other games I redeemed with no problem so I don't see why these should not.

Enjoy!

Oh nice giveaway!

Dambrosi

Banned
Amazing giveaway, Chef. You'll go far here. EDIT: Only to be completely one-upped by the awesomesauce of Applesauce. Well met, kiddo, you just bitch-slapped everyone in the thread.

On a related note, I just won Risk Of Rain from the Excessive Profanity stream on Twitch. Who says watching streams all day never got you anything? :D

Grief.exe

I would like to see that polish, still have to play that one.

The story is just so godawful and nonsensical that it is difficult for me to continue to push through.
There are also some artificially lengthened sections having you go through the same corridors with a different character and context.

Just about finished though, been playing too much BF4. Excited to start up Arkham City on my fresh install though.

I have it installed dual-boot on my Mac, it's in several ways an improvement over vanilla Win8 for my usage. Still have my PC on 7 though.

Good to hear that its an improvement. I've heard that people are seeing a 15-30 frame improvement in BF4 coming from vanilla Win8.

I haven't really played games on it (the win 8.1 box is my dev box), but it's kinda... eh.
Win 8 added a lot of interesting new features over 7, but also took away some really useful stuff. Still hate the new Start screen and the default metro apps.

I've never used any of the apps other than the PDF reader for school, which is actually pretty nice.

Start screen is very slick once you get used to it.
I have all my main apps pinned to one side (Chrome, Steam, Photoshop, etc). Transition between regular desktop and start screen with the windows button, hit whatever program I need.
If I don't have a program pinned, just type what I need and hit enter.

DasFool

Hey guys, apparently it's giveaway week or something, so I'll add in. Good luck to anyone entering.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-204F739D6D74D32D - Taken by kevin1025
English Country Tune -- MB-8A41A2C85CCC3F2A - Taken by random
Medal of Honor -- MB-E98169C8FB695B8D - Taken by topyy
Cortex Command -- MB-8951F81753FC45B3 - Taken by Purkake4
Metro 2033/Risen/Sacred Citadel -- MB-AA2354359CBC87F0 - Taken by sibarraz
Serious Sam Double D -- MB-4132986C3F97CCA9 - Taken by animlboogy

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
lol,This code is only useable by Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Uplay accounts that are less than "6 hours old".

yeah... wtf? Like I said, I was really interested in trying it out, but I'm going to pass.

Turfster

I've never used any of the apps other than the PDF reader for school, which is actually pretty nice.
I mainly just hate how the apps always fullscreen.
Fuck you Microsoft, if I want to quickly check a texture, I don't want it to take over everything. Also, 8.1 broke a command line 'start "" <file>' workaround that I needed =p

Grief.exe

Great giveaways guys! You are going to make Monk teary-eyed with pride.

I mainly just hate how the apps always fullscreen.
Fuck you Microsoft, if I want to quickly check a texture, I don't want it to take over everything. Also, 8.1 broke a command line 'start "" <file>' workaround that I needed =p

That always cracks me up. Does Microsoft expect every user to know how to alt-tab or alt-F4?
I know my girlfriend would not have the slightest clue how to get out of there if she was using 8.

The_Monk

Enjoy!

Welcome to this fine Community fellow GAFfer! Please enjoy your stay and have fun. If you ever need anything let us know, this a relaxed friendly place that welcomes everyone. Hope you like it in here. :)

Oh and thanks for the awesome giveaway, I'm sure someone in here will be very happy for those games.

sibarraz

Banned

Win 8.1 has gave me troubles though, the combination of the OS with my integrated graphic card (hd4000) has caused issues in sonic racing transformed. Now the assets take some time to charge. Plus I'm sure that is related with my binary domain crash problem since before the update, I didn't have it

Btw stump, gaf removed the option of seeing the posts where you were quoted right?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Enjoy!

Ooooo Nice giveaway, wanted to try for Hitman but I won something in the last week lol.

I get on GAF after getting home from school to see that I won a couple of giveaways! So. . .
Thank you jakershaker for The Whispered World, and thank you Dusk Golem for Ether Vapor Remaster!

However, life is in the way of my Steam gaming this weekend; I have a presentation for a public speaking class due on Monday. Ah well. :(

I did fix my Prince of Persia issue. Oddly enough launching the game without my 360 pad plugged in let it get past the network connection screen. I had uninstalled, reinstalled, and changed firewall settings in the meantime though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom