• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That always cracks me up. Does Microsoft expect every user to know how to alt-tab or alt-F4?
I know my girlfriend would not have the slightest clue how to get out of there if she was using 8.

The biggest mystery is how they went from:

8: Open menu and start typing and it searches your applications by default.
8.1: Open menu and start typing and it searches every bloody file on your computer and brings up everything. Filtering by applications is no longer even an option.

Just boggles the mind. Otherwise I've had no troubles with 8 or 8.1 outside of games like the Telltale offerings were having a usb controller kills them without dinput8.dll copied over manually.

SteamGAF : This is my first post in any SteamGAF thread as I am new to Steam and PC gaming in general. I am only 2 months in, so take it easy on me if I ask a stupid question.

Welcome, great way to start.

Tellaerin

SteamGAF : This is my first post in any SteamGAF thread as I am new to Steam and PC gaming in general. I am only 2 months in, so take it easy on me if I ask a stupid question.

Damn, man. :eek: You're gonna make some folks very happy with that giveaway.

Welcome aboard, by the way. Good to have you with us! : )

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Super Hexagon 2 announced?

XWeCyd7.png

edit: no it isnt I think someone was fucking with Terry's phone

4MKnCyM.png

great now im sad

My hopes...
tumblr_mmho0rgx8C1sqr9w8o1_r2_400.gif

Also, here are some spare keys from a couple of eBay bundles :

Far Cry 3 is a Uplay code. All of the codes for the other games I redeemed with no problem so I don't see why these should not.

Enjoy!

Wow what a giveaway. GAF has been extremely generous lately. I need to step my giveaway game up next time I have some money.

Are we allowed to enter for more than 1 game per giveaway? I see that it says not to put more than 1 game in the pm but I'm not sure if that means you cant enter with 2 pm's for 2 games.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

-- MB-9F2DA75FA2AE6702 - Taken by Turfster. 56 entrants total.

t1383970613z1.png

Tellaerin

Are we allowed to enter for more than 1 game per giveaway? I see that it says not to put more than 1 game in the pm but I'm not sure if that means you cant enter with 2 pm's for 2 games.

If it says, "This is a free-for-all!", you can enter for multiple games in the same raffle.

Joe Molotov

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

萌え萌えクイーン♡ -- MB-9F2DA75FA2AE6702

t1383970613z1.png

I dunno, but OKAY!

JakeD

does anyone who uses a DS3 on their pc know how to keep it from turning on the ps3 all the time?

it only seems to happen when i turn off the PC or disconnect the USB

does anyone who uses a DS3 on their pc know how to keep it from turning on the ps3 all the time?

Are you using it through motioninjoy? Because that will always happen.

Use this instead http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59385385&postcount=102 and you will have no more problems. It does mean you will need to "pair it" with a PS3 to use it there again, but that is no big deal.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

using xinput wrapper
press and hold L1+R1, then press and hold PS - DS3 will disconnect after 2 seconds

ss_lemonade

Also, here are some spare keys from a couple of eBay bundles :

Far Cry 3 is a Uplay code. All of the codes for the other games I redeemed with no problem so I don't see why these should not.

Enjoy!
Wow, sweet giveaway! Some big games in there.

Cheddahz

Banned
Woo

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

-- MB-4AC076E5C5E6D6D4 - Taken by Kifimbo. 16 entrants total.

t1383971738z1.png

jwtsonga

hey everyone long time lurker on SteamGAF!! Recently got into PC gaming, it all started with Steam sales. My rig is pretty mediocre though (just a 5650 laptop lol). Looking forward to next steam sale!

Anteater

萌え萌えクイーン♡ -- MB-9F2DA75FA2AE6702

t1383970613z1.png

Oh man highlighting is a pain on my phone but I'm in!

Anteater

hey everyone long time lurker on SteamGAF!! Recently got into PC gaming, it all started with Steam sales. My rig is pretty mediocre though (just a 5650 laptop lol). Looking forward to next steam sale!

Welcome, pc gaming is great, so much you could do

Steam saved me a lot of money

Smoke :weed: every day.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bob Came in Pieces -- MB-ECFCCEB4267554E9 - Taken by adaen. 3 entrants total.

Clones -- MB-32656DF6AED738CE - Taken by Vindicis. 3 entrants total.

Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon -- MB-31CB0CEEA432BCCE - Taken by FauX. 2 entrants total.

Garshasp: The Monster Slayer -- MB-E1D0892F568DFBD9 - Taken by Gez. 2 entrants total.

t1383962468z1.png

jwtsonga

Welcome, pc gaming is great, so much you could do

Steam saved me a lot of money

yeah its fast becoming my preferred platform over PS3. games like sleeping dogs etc. work solid at 768p 30fps for me, better performance than console, and cheaper!!!

For me the price of entry was nothing, since i already had a laptop lying around that appears to be more than capable of gaming!

Whenever I see a console game selling for $60 brand new, I tihnk...."I could buy like 10 steam games with that"!

yeah its fast becoming my preferred platform over PS3. games like sleeping dogs etc. work solid at 768p 30fps for me, better performance than console, and cheaper!!!

For me the price of entry was nothing, since i already had a laptop lying around that appears to be more than capable of gaming!

Whenever I see a console game selling for $60 brand new, I tihnk...."I could buy like 10 steam games with that"!

i prefer both instead of one or the other

So, X Rebirth comes out next week. Will it be discounted day one like a lot of other titles seem to be? I know I am going to get it, just want to know if I should wait and save myself 5 dollars or so.

Storm360

Sorry for it not being major, but I don't really have much money atm.

For some reason, the Lord of the Rings key didn't get converted, but if anyone wants it just PM me (first person to PM gets it)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

F.E.A.R 3 -- MB-DF26D707B452EEC2 - Taken by MechaGodzilla
Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-F83DA4A1090CDC39 - Taken by user237
F.E.A.R 2 -- MB-6E22C53934AB83BD - Taken by maneil99
Batman Arkham City -- MB-778086E26981CC9A - Taken by topyy
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-1D82A064DF2052E4 - Taken by oipic

Turfster

So, X Rebirth comes out next week. Will it be discounted day one like a lot of other titles seem to be? I know I am going to get it, just want to know if I should wait and save myself 5 dollars or so.

Doubtful. This is a new big tentpole release in a rather niche market.
Maybe GMG will have a voucher that'll work, tho.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
We need to switch the thread subtitle reference from the game count bug to the giveaway contagion.

wait, so if u had to pick between sleeping dogs PC vs PS3, you wouldn't be able to decide?

EDIT: or would u buy both?
I'm certain DXL is speaking of console exclusives. Can't play Under Defeat HD on a PC, unfortunately. :(

(...we're not gonna count nesicaxlive since that is an option for like two people in this thread)

Storm360

thank you

No problem, Arkham City is actually one of my favorite games from 2011, I managed to win a Arkham Origins key earlier today on twitter, so I'm currently playing through Arkham Aslyum (which I actually skipped the first time around, due to having issues with that game and Securom)

The folder or path name may be too long. Have you tried renaming the folder? (You may need to use the command prompt to do this.)

No luck. Tried command prompt and a renaming program. Both say the directory doesn't exist.

Apparently, this is exactly the problem, though.

Tried delete key? No idea if it'll work but that's what I'd try.

Doesn't work either. I tried something similar I found through Google where you cut the folder and then refresh it. That didn't work either. The folder just reappears.

This sucks.

EDIT: Figured it out. Found this on the Steam forums:

I used the command prompt and went to c:\program files (86)\backups and from that directory I used the dir /x command to show me a shortened version of the folder name, from there i used the command rename judged~1 1 (to rename the judged~1 folder to 1) and everything was peachy from there and you should be able to delete the folder normally.

Took me a couple minutes to figure out that where he said "judged~1" he meant for you to put the shortened name of the folder that the dir /x command shows you. Worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom