• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Byron

Neo Member
Not sure if it's been posted or discovered yet, but I went digging through the HumbleBundle.com site and found this block of code:

Code:
<div id='game-info-batmanarkhamoriginsdlc' class='game-info-pane'>
    <a href='#previous-game' class='game-nav previous'>Previous game</a>
    <a href='#next-game' class='game-nav next'>Next game</a>

TL;DR : Looks like the Humble Bundle is adding Fear, Guardians of Middle Earth, Gotham City Impostors Free to Play: Professional Impostor Kit, Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, and some sort of Batman Arkham Origins DLC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M07nacyPJ7o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VLoFxEL6TDI

so it´s confirmed

MRORANGE

People complaining about the WB Bundle? it's already solid as it is, anything on top is just the icing on the cake.

F.E.A.R.itself would have been acceptable.

I would imagine it's the traditional "everyone who buys in early gets it, then BTA for latecomers" model since there was no notification saying otherwise.

Saty

Gamasutra is receiving reports that Early Access games are no longer appearing under the 'New Releases' heading on Valve's Steam marketplace.
"We've waited so long to reach this new audience on Steam, and now that audience won't be able to tell we're there," said Siu-Chong, in a later tweet.

Both Project Zomboid and Assetto Corsa did subsequently appear as large ads on the Steam storefront's carousel, but as of this writing still do not appear under the 'New Releases' section. Gamasutra has reached out to Valve to provide comment or clarification regarding the change.
http://gamasutra.com/view/news/2044...ppearing_as_new_releases_on_Steam__Report.php

Parsnip

Extras from humbles and bundles. It's naturally of the new gifting link variety, hopefully I copied the links right. :p Good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-71980E4E1E149525 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 6 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-DB978ED2756A061D - Taken by dante81. 5 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-28A850C6052412E0 - Taken by RS4-. 28 entrants total.
A New Beginning Final Cut -- MB-FB049F124DE909C3 - Taken by vvise. 14 entrants total.
Edna & Harvey Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-CFCA1969B7FC4110 - Taken by DXLelouch153. 9 entrants total.
The Whispered World -- MB-67829EB7C10D55C6 - Taken by wetflame. 6 entrants total.

t1384040996z1.png

Not sure if it's been posted or discovered yet, but I went digging through the HumbleBundle.com site and found this block of code:

....insert big block of code here...

TL;DR : Looks like the Humble Bundle is adding Fear, Guardians of Middle Earth, Gotham City Impostors Free to Play: Professional Impostor Kit, Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, and some sort of Batman Arkham Origins DLC.

Undeniably nice additions but, given that Marvel Super Heroes is due for release any day now, I'm a little surprised that Warner's didn't take the opportunity to introduce their Lego games to people who might otherwise overlook them.

Turfster

People complaining about the WB Bundle? it's already solid as it is, anything on top is just the icing on the cake.

F.E.A.R.itself would have been acceptable.

I'm extremely happy that F.E.A.R. is being added, I'm pissed at Humble for implementing their new activation horseshit that always fails here and for not responding to my (extremely polite) mails =p

Freezard

Too bad they fucked up the Steam edition of FEAR since the game goes back to the main menu with an error message at level load now and then.

Just bought the Blood Dragon, Call of Juarez bundle.

Didn't know Blood Dragon uses Uplay, why is it not listed on the Steam store with DRM Uplay............ I didn't see it listed when I bought it. It's not even on the Blood Dragon page.

This and playing I Am Alive today with it's shitty controller support is too much.

stupidity.gif

Didn't know Blood Dragon uses Uplay, why is it not listed on the Steam store with DRM Uplay............ I didn't see it listed when I bought it. It's not even on the Blood Dragon page.
Ir's listed under the system requirements."Requires a UPlay account"

okayfrog

Banned

This and playing I Am Alive today with it's shitty controller support is too much.

stupidity.gif

If it's a Ubisoft game, just assume it uses uPlay.

Ir's listed under the system requirements."Requires a UPlay account"

I missed that, what happened to having DRM listed on the right side near the features it has and the metacritic score..........

edit: I thought it would be like I Am Alive which doesn't use Uplay :(

Call of Juarez doesn't either but I guess that's because it's a Techland developed game.

denx

stupidity.gif

I'm looking at the Blood Dragon page and it very clearly says it needs a uPlay account.

EDIT: beaten

Thanks DukeBobby for Scribblenauts!

stupidity.gif
The issues I had when I was trying to play Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands were just ridiculous. Uplay has an offline mode, and PoP is supposed to as well, but one time when I went to launch the game I was getting network errors that wouldn't go away until. . . I launched the game without my 360 controller connected.

WHO DOES THAT?!

Copons

Uh, if the games jshackles leaked from Humble WB Bundle are real, I may fuck my fear of FEAR and start playing it from the first one, instead of giving them away.

Way to go WB. Very nice of you to screw two lucky guys who'd have won my FEAR 2 and 3.

EDIT: RionaaM. If at one point I get an heart attack, I'll consider you directly responsible. :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
FEAR 1 is coming to the bundle? May buy it for Fear 1-3 then. Got no interest in Mortal Kombat so I'd give that way with a few of the others if the average isn't like $6.50 or above.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The issues I had when I was trying to play Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands were just ridiculous. Uplay has an offline mode, and PoP is supposed to as well, but one time when I went to launch the game I was getting network errors that wouldn't go away until. . . I launched the game without my 360 controller connected.

WHO DOES THAT?!

The first Assassin's Creed doesn't work with Wireless 360 controllers. It detects a controller, but the game doesn't have the necessary hookups to work with the Hardware ID of those, so everything is just mapped incorrectly and there's no way to properly map some of the Analog Axis.

The game does work fine with wired controllers and, if you plug one in, it detects a 360 controller, so the game configures itself properly and the wireless controller works fine.

So I'm not surprised when you tell me another Ubisoft game sucks when it comes to controllers.

I missed that, what happened to having DRM listed on the right side near the features it has and the metacritic score..........

edit: I thought it would be like I Am Alive which doesn't use Uplay :(

Call of Juarez doesn't either but I guess that's because it's a Techland developed game.
I bet enough people didn't complain about it on the community forums.

And are you saying I Am Alive doesn't use Uplay?! That's the only reason I've been skipping it all this time :O

I'm really liking long live the queen. It's similar to a recent rash of games with multiple endings, which boil down to you plugging away at different algorithms searching for a new ending. While trying to win, of course. Papers, Please did this as well, but I think LLTQ is more upfront. I might start writing some of the 'minimum points necessary' blocks just so I'm not just randomly inputting values.

Turfster

I bet enough people didn't complain about it on the community forums.

And are you saying I Am Alive doesn't use Uplay?! That's the only reason I've been skipping it all this time :O

I Am Alive is also a really crappy game with bad mechanics, which is an even better reason to skip it =p

I'm really liking long live the queen. It's similar to a recent rash of games with multiple endings, which boil down to you plugging away at different algorithms searching for a new ending. While trying to win, of course. Papers, Please did this as well, but I think LLTQ is more upfront. I might start writing some of the 'minimum points necessary' blocks just so I'm not just randomly inputting values.

It's a pity there's basically only one "story" in LLTQ, tho. The events for each week are fixed.

It's a pity there's basically only one "story" in LLTQ, tho. The events for each week are fixed.

do you think this is poor design choice or a blessing in disguise? On the one hand replayability is great, but then again if every week was random I'd be even more lost. But I suppose the events would repeat.

Chaps, bit of an odd one, I don't have many friends on steam which is why I think I'm more inclined to enjoy console gaming. I bought a new desktop in January (which, incidentally, cleaned out my bank account!) and have a tonne of games I've never really gotten into on it. I think my steam name is PrisonMikeScott (that's what comes up under community anyway) so if anyone fancies checking out the games I play and seeing if you want to connect with me that'd be cool. Love reading the thread so hopefully some of you fancy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom