• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

do you think this is poor design choice or a blessing in disguise? On the one hand replayability is great, but then again if every week was random I'd be even more lost. But I suppose the events would repeat.

Well... Once you've seen them, you basically know what's going to happen.
Then it becomes a question of "what do I need to survive this or that deadly event" and building for that. There's no divergent paths. Whatever you pick, those things always happen, which is a shame.

Kuroyume

Banned
I can't seem to get any keys from Gun monkeys. I like idle there for 2 hours and never get any keys. Fun game the three times I got a chance to play it.

Turfster

I figure most people haven't. But people seem to enjoy making fun of it (understandably so, I might add).

The stamina-based traversal in I am alive is a needless addition. "Oh, push X quickly enough to climb up this thing or you'll run out of stamina and fall!" is just not fun. Also the stealth was extremely "whoops, try again and do it the way we want you to do it."

Edit: Damn, guess I didn't win the Gunslinger.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
gifs or it didn't happen

It's just your by-the-numbers "romantic" sex scene: brief, no nudity, no sound, and comprised of several quick cuts. Incidentally, I read an interview the other week wherein Kevin Macdonald (the director) stated Saoirse and George (the leading man) began dating during filming, so that lucky bastard assuredly, shall we say, had some practice.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
It's just your by-the-numbers "romantic" sex scene: brief, no nudity, no sound, and comprised of several quick cuts. Incidentally, I read an interview the other week wherein Kevin Macdonald (the director) stated Saoirse and George (the leading man) began dating during filming, so that lucky bastard assuredly, shall we say, had some practice.

buaahahahha

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Uh, if the games jshackles leaked from Humble WB Bundle are real, I may fuck my fear of FEAR and start playing it from the first one, instead of giving them away.

Way to go WB. Very nice of you to screw two lucky guys who'd have won my FEAR 2 and 3.

EDIT: RionaaM. If at one point I get an heart attack, I'll consider you directly responsible. :D
That game is very worth having a heart stroke for. You may die, but it will be a great death.

Echoplx

Really? Where did you check?

The store doesn't say anything about Cloud Saves.

gG72Sxr.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jshackles;

It would be interesting to see Enhanced Steam attempt to manually recalculate the number of search results in a search as it hides games. For example, if I go to the search page and search games with a Metacritic score of 88 or above, I see "388" results, however I own what's gotta be at least 100 of those. Obviously the number of queries required to update the figure to be 100% accurate is a pain in the ass, but it'd be interesting to dynamically update the figure as results are hidden.

The item you need to change is (there are two of these, one at the top and one at the bottom)
<div class="search_pagination_left"><n> Results</div>

And I guess the best way to do it would be to assess the default number of results when the page first loads, and then when the AJAX queries fire off and individually hide something, decrement that number's variable and replace the innerHTML on the two divs.

Another thing I noticed that I find frustrating is that every promotional summary page (like publisher catalogue pages, games under $10, etc) has an inaccurate figure. Steam is currently reporting 1831 games under $5 if you look at the promo image on the front page or click on it and look at the promotional summary page. Then you click through to view all content, and you can see that this figure is based on the total number of items under $5, not the total number of games under 1831. If you narrow to games, the count drops to 450. How many games does Paradox Interactive have on Steam? 258 according to their publisher page, but in fact they only have 57. And these ratios are going to get even more skewed as more and more games offer more and more DLC.

The stamina-based traversal in I am alive is a needless addition. "Oh, push X quickly enough to climb up this thing or you'll run out of stamina and fall!" is just not fun. Also the stealth was extremely "whoops, try again and do it the way we want you to do it."

Edit: Damn, guess I didn't win the Gunslinger.
Well, it sounds like nothing compared to having to shoot guys in the head 30 times before they go down. 100 times over in a single level. :)

Volcynika

Finally completed the Shadow Warrior reboot on the Insane difficulty. Aside from bosses and some enemy types being terrible, I enjoyed it for the most part.

The_Monk

Yeah, Im thinking about it.

Btw, any games on sale you are interested in?

It's a wise choice. Almost there, I believe. ;)

From the Devolver sale? I don't know since I have paid no attention to them to be honest. Most of the games I'm really looking for are still a decent penny away so I have to wait a little bit more for some price drops. Then I'll consider them.

MRORANGE

Video after the break.

Blizzard COO Paul Sams is "excited" to see what Valve does in the living room space with its new line of Steam Machines, the executive told GameSpot at BlizzCon last night.

"I'm excited to see what they do, to be honest," Sams said. "Obviously with Steam, they've done great things; they're a talented group. And I would say that if anybody's going to be able to do it, it would be them."

Sams went on to praise Valve further, saying the company has a proven track record of delivering compelling products and services, and Steam Machines could be their next hit.

"I think Valve is a really great company," Sams said. "I think [Valve cofounder Gabe Newell] and his team have consistently and regularly done great stuff, and I think if anybody could do it, they can."

A variety of Steam Machines, from Valve and numerous other manufacturers, will be available in 2014. Valve has also created its own controller for the system, featuring trackpads in favor of traditional thumbsticks.

Blizzard is not the only company to be paying attention to what Valve does in the living room space. Platform holders Microsoft and Sony have both commented on the technology, with Microsoft saying Valve's road into the living room won't be without difficulty.

Ionic

Is Marlow biggs and Super Puzzle Plattformer Delxue any good? I have 92€ (and soon some more) in cards money which I want to use.

Marlow is actually very competent despite its obvious low budget compared to the big names like DMC or GoW. The environments are very pretty, the gameplay is simple but enjoyable enough for the roughly 5 hour game, and the writing is surprisingly funny. The main villain and your sidekick (though he insists you are his sidekick) have great lines. Also, I thought the last hour or so of the game was really cool looking. You can do much worse for $3.75.

Thanks for Just Cause 2...

Here is a little fiveaway of some keys I have lying around. Enjoy

Not really sure how I won Ticket To Ride entering just now if there were 3 entrants total. Ineligible entrants and they are counted maybe?

Nevertheless thank you AsylumX! :)
Had the TTR demo on my iPad for ages and enjoyed it.
I can't remember why I didn't end up getting Humble Bundle with Android 7, I think I just forgot heh.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
is it really that bad? i haven't played but i've been interested in it.

No, I Am Alive is fantastic. One of the most interesting games to come out this gen. It's a shame games like Uncharted or Tomb Raider couldn't take a note from its excellent climbing mechanics.

derExperte

Good to see more love for I Am Alive. It's surely an aquired taste but if you get what the game is going for it can be great. The only real problem for me was the abrupt ending that doesn't resolve anything.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Good to see more love for I Am Alive. It's surely an aquired taste but if you get what the game is going for it can be great. The only real problem for me was the abrupt ending that doesn't resolve anything.

In a way, I like the open-ended nature of the ending. I do wish it wasn't as abrupt, but the way it leaves those final shots up for interpretation really did it for me. I thought it was very powerful. One of the few game endings that made me have to go out to smoke a cigarette and ponder how/what I felt about it.

Isn't the abrupt ending the result of the game being originally developed a full price title? I thought the Ubi team wanted to do more downloadable sequels of the title but due to it bombing critically and financially they scrapped it.

I like what I've played so far, it has it's issues but its unique. Just my controller is acting up with it during the trigger prompts.

In a way, I like the open-ended nature of the ending. I do wish it wasn't as abrupt, but the way it leaves those final shots up for interpretation really did it for me. I thought it was very powerful. One of the few game endings that made me have to go out to smoke a cigarette and ponder how/what I felt about it.

I think the best thing about the abrupt ending was I was just starting to get into "how much longer is this game?" mode. As such it ended at just the right time.

I really enjoyed the game even if The Last of Us kind of swept in later and did things a lot better. There is still scope for a similar game that goes even more hardcore ... and I suppose bombs even harder ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom