• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the abrupt ending the result of the game being originally developed a full price title? I thought the Ubi team wanted to do more downloadable sequels of the title but due to it bombing critically and financially they scrapped it.

I like what I've played so far, it has it's issues but its unique. Just my controller is acting up with it during the trigger prompts.

It definitely went through development hell, but I'm not sure of the exact details. I really enjoyed the game though.

Is or has anyone had issues updating Counter-Strike Global Offensive? My friend has been unable to play since the 11/06/13 update.

He's tried verifying cache, deleting clientregistry.blob, un and reinstalling CSGO, and deleting his appcache file. Nothing will work for him. Thoughts, tips, etc GAF?

Dambrosi

Banned
Come on, guys, buy more Be Mine X bundles! Only 290 bundles to go before I can add King's Bounty: Warriors Of The North to my backlog, and complete my King's Bounty collection! Come on, we can do it!

MRORANGE

Woah!
I'm not a Blizz-customer anymore (I picked social life over WoW Burning Crusade), so I don't really know what they are up to these days, but some kind of Blizzard extension over Steam OS could potentially bring Valve the best killer app ever, even if not on Steam at all.

yeah that's the most likely thing would happen, I don't see them joining Steam store anytime soon.

The worst thing that could happen is that each different publishers adopts a different linux distro to run on a Steambox.

Origin - Redhat
UPLAY - Gentoo
GFWL - SUSE
GOG - Slackware
Blizzard - Fedora

Dambrosi

Banned
I'm missing that one too. This bundle has turned out to be a damn good deal.
Groupees bundles are usually winners. In my honest opinion, they've begun to challenge the Humble Bundles for quality of games presented (though, obviously, not this week).

I also rate Bundle Stars' last two deals (especially their current one) as a mix of old, newish and F2P boosters. But Indie Royale and Gala have really fallen off. They used to be cool.

GFWL - SUSE
Well, at least we won't have to worry about that after next year.

JakeD

i got excited, i thought guardians of middle-earth was battle for middle-earth, then i remembered and got sad.

it's not even on Origin

Is or has anyone had issues updating Counter-Strike Global Offensive? My friend has been unable to play since the 11/06/13 update.

He's tried verifying cache, deleting clientregistry.blob, un and reinstalling CSGO, and deleting his appcache file. Nothing will work for him. Thoughts, tips, etc GAF?

Please help me GAF, you're my last hope. This just won't work. Pics of his issues:
http://imgur.com/a/pKZrf#lXbf9JQ

frogg609

yeah that's the most likely thing would happen, I don't see them joining Steam store anytime soon.

The worst thing that could happen is that each different publishers adopts a different linux distro to run on a Steambox.

Origin - Redhat
UPLAY - Gentoo
GFWL - SUSE
GOG - Slackware
Blizzard - Fedora

Horrible, yet sadly it could be a reality.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
OMG YES, finished FTL with the Stealth Ship on Normal.

I *think* I got two of the Stealth Ship achievements. Going to the credits now.

Oh goddammit that was such a lucky run. I got all the items that I needed, but I ALMOST fucked up: I lost 3 crew members because I disabled the O2 generator by accident and got attacked at the same time. The 3 human crew members from the beginning of the game died (Setting me all my veteran status to 0), but I had enough Engis and one Slug to make up for it.

God this game is amazing.

Edit: Nope, only 1 ship achievement and no new ship, but goddamn stupid cloak ship. I need shields to survive in this game.

Barzul

Can anyone explain the point of Steam trading cards, I keep selling the ones I get, but is there any point to having them besides just for collecting sake?

Kifimbo

Can barely keep up these days. Here's a summary of what happened this week, with several games added.

11/04/2013 - Pinball Arcade - Pinball - FarSight Studios/FarSight Studios - Free
11/04/2013 - Journey of a Roach - Adventure - Daedalic Entertainment/Koboldgames - $14.99
Em05pds.png

11/04/2013 - Battle Worlds: Kronos - Strategy - King Art Games/King Art Games
11/04/2013 - Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Episode 1 - Adventure - Replay Games/Replay Games
11/04/2013 - Ride 'em Low - Racing - Libredia/Red Dot Games
11/05/2013 - Gentlemen! - Platformer - Lucky Frame/Lucky Frame
11/05/2013 - King Arthur's Gold - Platformer - Transhuman/Transhuman
11/05/2013 - YOU DON'T KNOW JACK Various Version - Quiz - Jackbox Games/Jackbox Games
11/05/2013 - Call of Duty: Ghosts - FPS - Activision/Infinity Ward - $59.99
11/05/2013 - Final Exam - Platformer - Focus Home/Mighty Rocket Studios - $9.99
11/05/2013 - Luxuria Superbia - Adventure - Tale Of Tales/Tale Of Tales - $6.99
Em05pds.png

11/06/2013 - Blackguards - Turn-based RPG - Daedalic/Daedalic - $24.99
11/06/2013 - Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming - Simulation - UIG/Actalogic
11/06/2013 - Anomaly Korea - Tower defense - 11 bit Studios/11 bit Studios
11/06/2013 - Anomaly Warzone Earth Mobile Campaign - Tower defense - 11 bit Studios/11 bit Studios
11/06/2013 - Farming Giant - Simulation - UIG/Actalogic
11/06/2013 - Intake - Action - Cipher Prime Studios/Cipher Prime Studios
11/06/2013 - Type:Rider - Platformer - Arte Creative/Arte Creative
11/07/2013 - A Walk in the Dark - Platformer - Flying Turtle Software/Flying Turtle Software
11/07/2013 - Desktop Dungeons - RPG - QCF Design/QCF Design
11/07/2013 - Might & Magic Duel of Champions - Card - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Quebec
11/07/2013 - Neighbours from Hell - Compilation - Adventure JoWood Productions/JoWood Productions
11/07/2013 - Reach for the Sun - Simulation - Filament Games/Filament Games
11/07/2013 - Age of Empires II HD: Forgotten Empires - RTS - Microsoft/Skybox Labs - $9.99
11/08/2013 - Poöf vs the Cursed Kitty! - Platformer - Neko Entertainment/Arkedo Studio - $6.99
11/08/2013 - Project Zomboid - RPG - The Indie Stone/The Indie Stone - $14.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

11/08/2013 - Adventure Park - Simulation - bitComposer Games/b-Alive
11/08/2013 - Long Live The Queen - Strategy - Hanako Games/Hanako Games
DGaGzkv.jpg

11/08/2013 - Risk of Rain - Action - Hopoo Games/Hopoo Games
11/08/2013 - Survivor Squad - Action - Endless Loop Studios/Endless Loop Studios

I also added these three:

11/11/2013 - Rain Blood Chronicles: Mirage - Action - Origo Games/S-Game - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - 8BitMMO - MMO - Robby Zinchak/Robby Zinchak - $XX.XX
2013 - Tank Operations: European Campaign - Strategy - Kalypso Media/Linked Dimensions - $14.99

Can anyone explain the point of Steam trading cards, I keep selling the ones I get, but is there any point to having them besides just for collecting sake?
When you get a full set of cards for any particular game you can craft them into a badge, which gives you one emoticon and background from the game you crafted from, as well as a random coupon. You can level up a regular badge up to level 5, or you can get rare foil drops and accrue a full foil set to craft a foil badge that only goes up to level 1. There's no benefit to this other than the badge icons on your profile and your profile leveling up, which gives you an increased friends list for every level and another showcase to add to your profile for every 10.

MechaGodzilla

Neo Member
Perhaps from a free weekend?

I can still play it and I'm pretty sure I never played a free weekend. I recently just bought a new PC after being on hiatus from steam for about 5 years.

Also, I checked my account purchase history and it's not there but when I look at the page it says I own it.

Come on, guys, buy more Be Mine X bundles! Only 290 bundles to go before I can add King's Bounty: Warriors Of The North to my backlog, and complete my King's Bounty collection! Come on, we can do it!

Do you have to buy the $5 Be Mine bundle to be eligible for Warriors of the North?

The problem with City is the hub, it's so unnecessary.

The problem for me was that there weren't enough building you could enter. Kind of important in an open world game or else the game just feels like a lifeless facade of a city. Everything feels like a prop.

derExperte

Crafted the Deadly Premonition badge because some items are pretty expensive. Got none of those. Was sad. Five minutes later I get a booster pack. For Deadly Premonition. Hm, Gaben is surely trolling me now. Also it's Saturday night, wtf am I doing?
Listening to the awesome Electronic Super Joy soundtrack, that's what.

sprinkles

Arkham City is so booooring.
Finished it just hours ago after playing through Asylum last year around the same time. While I still enjoyed the combat the story felt a little disjointed and not as focused as in the first game. I did not particularly like having major story enemies being only around for 5 minute side missions.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Thank you Parsnip for The Whispered World! Along with Cognition, which I was also lucky enough to win in a Modbot raffle, I'm looking forward to getting stuck into some new point and click adventures :)

Tampinha

The problem for me was that there weren't enough building you could enter. Kind of important in an open world game or else the game just feels like a lifeless facade of a city. Everything feels like a prop.

Not only that, but there wasn't a lot happening outside, most of the main and side quests happen inside buildings, and the guard chatter gets repetitive really quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom