• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat Arkham City a few minutes ago and I have to say, I think I would've been a lot happier if
Ra's
was the main villain throughout, I mean having
Joker die
really doesn't make much sense, unless they're able to do something new with the next game in the Arkham series, Origins not withstanding.

About to go clean up the Riddler things and start the challenges, which seem like they'll be a lot harder this time around than they were in Asylum.

Minor gripe, I wish the extra costumes showed damage throughout the game. Also really dig the Beyond and Batman Inc costumes.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
So does Batman AC and AO. You want to know the similar thing between those games and the DMCs and the other japanese games everyone orgasms over? You can get through the majority of all of them by mashing X and Y if you want. The option for added depth is there though and the fun of those games is being able to pull it off.

Das cool and true but even then Batman Arkham games still don't match the depth of games Bayo and DMC3-4 especially when we start diving into 1-frame links, cancels, and just amount of combos in general.

But I play all those franchises for different reasons(play batman to feel like batman of course, and DMC3-4/Bayo for the almost unlimited combo potential/depth/challenging gameplay), but I'm not sure why anyone would dive into a Batman game expecting super deep combat in the first place and the combat system was never touted as having any depth to begin with. I think we can all agree that Batman combat systems are still better than all the Assassin's Creed games.

FloatOn

for some stupid reason I thought it would be fun to drink and play twitch reflex games tonight.

bad idea. I'm in a really sour mood now.

thanks super hexagon.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
You also steer your directions and use triggers.

Well when I was talking about directional input I was tacking about stuff like holding the right bumper for lock on, pressing the analog towards the player characters back, and pressing kick mostly which I don't really recall from AA. In Bayonetta that would have her do a launcher kicking the enemy into the air. If AA has this then excuse my poor memory. o:

Well when I was talking about directional input I was tacking about stuff like holding the right bumper for lock on, pressing the analog towards the player characters back, and pressing kick mostly which I don't really recall from AA. In Bayonetta that would have her do a launcher kicking the enemy into the air. If AA has this then excuse my poor memory. o:
You don't need to lock on unless you need to use some specific gadget.

So does Batman AC and AO. You want to know the similar thing between those games and the DMCs and the other japanese games everyone orgasms over? You can get through the majority of all of them by mashing X and Y if you want. The option for added depth is there though and the fun of those games is being able to pull it off.

I'd suggest not playing them on very easy then. On normal, most of those games will laugh in your face and humiliate you if you don't know what you're doing.

I received a Gravi booster pack last night.

I got one too, though it was for Super Sanctum TD. I think it's my fifth or sixth booster pack but I can't say I keep count.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got one too, though it was for Super Sanctum TD. I think it's my fifth or sixth booster pack but I can't say I keep count.

When I was listing my cards the other day, I found that I had three booster packs sitting in my inventory. That was a nice surprise!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
When I was listing my cards the other day, I found that I had three booster packs sitting in my inventory. That was a nice surprise!

Your new avatar looks like Saoirse Ronan impersonating a young Hillary Clinton. Just sayin'.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Huh? Are we pretending DMC on normal is hard now? Is this some kind of joke?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

2019705406.jpg

I don't like the neogaf search fuction.

Thanks for the help though.:D

About to go clean up the Riddler things and start the challenges, which seem like they'll be a lot harder this time around than they were in Asylum.

If I remember correctly, more than a few of the Riddler challenges needed to be completed during the game as they would become inaccessible in the post-game free roam.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
You sure? Normal is damn hard on the PC version.

Yup, I replayed it recently with the HD collection and noticed it was way easier than I remembered it being, so I looked it up and I found out it was corrected in the SE with a new difficulty added for the original US versions "Normal." (I had vanilla on the PS2.)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You can get all the Riddler trophies in free roam, each of them are still available to be reached. Perhaps slightly harder to get to a handful of them, but all still quite possible. I did so.

As for the Combat of the Arkham games verses titles such as Devil May Cry and Bayonetta. To me it's the difference between rhythm (that 50x combo for Arkham requires much the same as Guitar Hero/Rock Band in my mind, without memorisation of course) verses reactionary (seeing how best to set up enemies and moving between them). I enjoy both, but for different reasons just like I enjoy Bullet Hell Shmups and semi-randomised shmups for different reasons.

Also 20 some minutes left in a giveaway.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89211406&postcount=13759

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it her Halloween costume?

Incidentally, the other week somebody did pinch from her Facebook profile a photo of her at what I presume was a Halloween party, which did the rounds on Tumblr and the like, but it'd feel wrong to post it considering the source. Similarly, earlier in the year one of the fansites uploaded a screenshot showing a Facebook post by her mum stating that Saoirse's childhood dog had died, and last month a couple of months ago an Irish rag rummaged through the country's property register to dig up info on the house Saoirse had bought. Boundaries, people!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
dmc3 se on normal is still considerably harder than most action games this generation, I suck at that game, lol.
action games this generation are considerably easier than anything ever, unless you count resisting the urge to do anything other than suffer through them.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Your new avatar looks like Saoirse Ronan impersonating a young Hillary Clinton. Just sayin'.

Yeahhh, no, not so much...

clinton_bill_hillary_young1.jpg

And in honor of her getting where she is in life by riding her husbands coattails, here is a giveaway. :D

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ticket to Ride -- MB-D18C21F7EBC7613E - Taken by oipic

Jawmuncher

The Early Access version of Talisman: Digital Edition includes Talisman Prologue as a bonus, FWIW.

I enjoyed Talisman on the ipad so check that out.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/258200/ (or the multiplayer version if you are inclined)

Hmmm I have been eying talisman. Looks like it could be pretty fun.
Not to mention if it has a bonus for the early acess and was also pretty good on the ipad I should be good to go.

Does Greed Corps count?

It could....Looking at it now. Thankfully I had it from the earlier bundle.

Jawmuncher

Also SteamGAF was wondering what are the must have items for a PC Gamer?
The obvious i'm guessing is a wired 360 controller. Is there anything else though that i'm perhaps missing?

Also is there anything PC related that would be good to have for someone playing on a Laptop like I currently am. I ask because a lot of friends and family are wanting to send me christmas gifts but none of them can think of anything for someone that is deployed.

maneil99

The obvious i'm guessing is a wired 360 controller. Is there anything else though that i'm perhaps missing?

Also is there anything PC related that would be good to have for someone playing on a Laptop like I currently am. I ask because a lot of friends and family are wanting to send me christmas gifts but none of them can think of anything for someone that is deployed.
Cooling Pad

Laptop Bag?

A gaming mouse? Or a headset?

mannerbot

360 controller, gaming mouse + mousepad, headphones/headset, mechanical keyboard, arcade stick. But the easier present of course would be Steam games or Steam gift card (no shipping fees).

Jawmuncher

Cooling Pad

Laptop Bag?

A gaming mouse? Or a headset?

360 controller, gaming mouse + mousepad, headphones/headset, mechanical keyboard, arcade stick. But the easier present of course would be Steam games or Steam gift card (no shipping fees).

Good suggestions I wasn't even thinking about.
Look's like i'll do some research on those items. Then if nothing tickles my fancy i'll resort to Steam Gift Cards lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom