• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
....what?

Humble leaked that Guardians of Middle Earth is one of the bonus games, and that it'll include the Smaug's Treasure DLC. Raptr is also giving away the Dwarves DLC and Warriors DLC for the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Humble leaked that Guardians of Middle Earth is one of the bonus games, and that it'll include the Smaug's Treasure DLC. Raptr is also giving away the Dwarves DLC and Warriors DLC for the game.

Oh, I thought Dwarves and Warriors was the title of the DLC, haha.

Tenrius

I haven't played Origins but this is the image Humble will show:

2a7cb2fbed37e9854858379171c440b6318e0517.jpg

Are these skins in the base game as well? It could be that their description is just wrong or isn't finalized...

Nope, I don't think they are. It's all good then.

I was referring to this:

<p>Gotham's most dangerous and wanted criminals are wandering the streets and it's up to Batman to locate and take them down. <em>Batman: Arkham Origins</em> serves as a prequel to the events of the highly acclaimed Batman series. Set two years after Batman began his vigilante crime-fighting crusade, <em>Arkham Origins</em> portrays a Gotham rife with thugs and barren of citizenry. This DLC includes new enemies like burly hit-men and nimble martial artists as well as new gadgets like the remote claw and shock gloves!</p><p>*<em>Please Note: Requires Batman: Arkham Origins to play</em></p>
</div>

They are just basically new enemies you encounter and the gadgets you can get in Origins. Probably just a mistake though, should have been something like "Arkham Origins introduces" instead of "this DLC includes".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh, I thought Dwarves and Warriors was the title of the DLC, haha.

No worries. Yes technically speaking it's this and this.

But these might go pretty quickly once the HIB updates with the new games.

jshackles

Nope, I don't think they are. It's all good then.

They are just basically new enemies you encounter and the gadgets you can get in Origins. Probably just a mistake though, should have been something like "Arkham Origins introduces" instead of "this DLC includes".

Yeah my guess is they just mistyped something here or maybe got the wrong info from WB. Either way, it's already been removed from the site so we won't know for sure until it goes live. :)

Assuming I can snag a key for each, redeeming the HIB keys would definitely be the wiser option.

Sorry to whoever, in an alternate timeline, would have won JaseC's Guardians of Middle Earth giveaway.

Turfster

Sorry to whoever, in an alternate timeline, would have won JaseC's Guardians of Middle Earth giveaway.
Damn yo... oh, wait, I can't do anything with the WB stuff, since it uses the new system, and I can't fucking use that. Also, humble support still hasn't gotten back to me. At this point, I'm going to assume they're just ignoring me.

Tenrius

Damn yo... oh, wait, I can't do anything with the WB stuff, since it uses the new system, and I can't fucking use that. Also, humble support still hasn't gotten back to me. At this point, I'm going to assume they're just ignoring me.

Try emailing them again? I did it once, they responded within 5-10 hours and were super nice (gave me the BTA games for free).

Turfster

Try emailing them again? I did it once, they responded within 5-10 hours and were super nice (gave me the BTA games for free).

I'll be off the grid for a couple of weeks starting tomorrow, so i'll try that when I get back. (someone else take over the deal stuff)

random

Some old school Steam keys from the Humble Bundle for Android 4, no weird links or the like.

I believe with this, I have found all keys I had left over from old bundles.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-6BC4EC5BB26F8C18 - Taken by devo1989. 9 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-98941242B872ECBC - Taken by Honey Bunny. 4 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-3AB9A0CFB8BC8CF6 - Taken by Camel Master. 5 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-E4382CD82D2A0AAF - Taken by Hesemonni. 18 entrants total.

t1384122584z1.png

jshackles

Why won't enhanced Steam stay in English? I keep changing the language but it reverts to Spanish every time.

Are you browsing the Steam store in English?

man im so pissed right now
didnt get a single valdis key cause of damnded bots
may all bots and their creators(sans modbot cause free stuff) burn in the pits of hell

Sparse

I haven't played Origins but this is the image Humble will show:

2a7cb2fbed37e9854858379171c440b6318e0517.jpg

Are these skins in the base game as well? It could be that their description is just wrong or isn't finalized...

Buy Batman: Arkham Origins - Season Pass
New Millennium Skins Pack - Key Features:

Dress to impress: Get the latest gear without paying full price. Save big on the New Millennium Skins Pack with this Season Pass!
The coolest Skins: The New Millennium Skin Pack includes 5 of the most sought-after Skins: (1) Red Son Batman™, (2) Blackest Night Batman™, (3) New 52 Batman™, (4) Batman™: Noel, (5) 1st Appearance Batman™, and (6) One Year Later Robin
http://store.steampowered.com/app/257070/

OMG YES, finished FTL with the Stealth Ship on Normal.

I *think* I got two of the Stealth Ship achievements. Going to the credits now.

Oh goddammit that was such a lucky run. I got all the items that I needed, but I ALMOST fucked up: I lost 3 crew members because I disabled the O2 generator by accident and got attacked at the same time. The 3 human crew members from the beginning of the game died (Setting me all my veteran status to 0), but I had enough Engis and one Slug to make up for it.

God this game is amazing.

Edit: Nope, only 1 ship achievement and no new ship, but goddamn stupid cloak ship. I need shields to survive in this game.

Well done :D. I haven't even finished it on Easy yet :/. I am currently playing it though as a Chicken Soup game as I'm not feeling well. I tried lots of new games but kept running into controller issues :/ so went to the embrace of the familiar and one which I can play with just the mouse.

I'll be off the grid for a couple of weeks starting tomorrow, so i'll try that when I get back. (someone else take over the deal stuff)

If you'd like that WB bundle I would be happy to pick it up for you for when you get back. Just message me if you're interested. I don't have Paypal but we can find something in my wishlist to cover it I'm sure.

Why won't enhanced Steam stay in English? I keep changing the language but it reverts to Spanish every time.

I had this and the only thing that worked in the end was to delete Enhanced Steam, re-boot my pc and re-install it.

Hesemonni

Banned
I really don't care about achievements when it comes to Steam. But I don't know what it is, but I just can't replay FEAR 2 on the PC without achievements. Knowing I had them on Xbox360 and not on Steam just feels ...wrong. Looking forward to the first FEAR though. Never got to play it on Xbox.

Got all the Riddle's Challengeges in Arkham Asylum. That took a lot of time, damn.

FYI, while they removed GWFL and added Steamworks, the game still sends you to the main menu when you lose connection.

I really don't care about achievements when it comes to Steam. But I don't know what it is, but I just can't replay FEAR 2 on the PC without achievements. Knowing I had them on Xbox360 and not on Steam just feels ...wrong. Looking forward to the first FEAR though. Never got to play it on Xbox.

F.E.A.R. 2 has in-game achievements, though, if you like 'em that much. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom