• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
YyDhtT.jpg

The last achievement is "get all the achievements". It's bugged.

3LXVLU.jpg

Disagree. It's AC with a few extra abilities, a really fun new enemy type (the martial artist...try doing the Shiva achievement where you get through the entire fight without missing a counter) and a MUCH better and interesting story featuring a younger, angrier Batman who actually sounds threatening when he gets upset with a criminal instead of Conroy's Robocop monotone voice.

Yeah I agree with you, its better imo. I have been hearing about all these bugs but in my playthrough I only had that one bug where you couldn't climb through the vent to unlock one of the towers, other than that it was smooth and good.

i don't really want them to elaborate on achievements, because they'd probably envoke better security on the system, then when games are bugged (like borderlands which won't give me any) i couldn't just use SAM and check them off myself to fix it, i'd just be boned.

The_Monk

I love when developers put tiny little details in games.

I just saw a couple of people practicing what it seems to be Tai Chi in the beach while working in groups of 2 in Sleeping Dogs. Amazing.

Also, I uploaded some neat Screenshots with some wisdom in it if anyone cares for such things. :)

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah I agree with you, its better imo. I have been hearing about all these bugs but in my playthrough I only had that one bug where you couldn't climb through the vent to unlock one of the towers, other than that it was smooth and good.

Well I don't know if I would say it's better overall than AC. City did have the unique factor at the time where flying around the city and ambushing a group of enemies was so refreshing. It's still fun in AO with the faster combat but it's definitely not as fresh. I would say AO has

-a better and darker story. There's a Troy Baker monologue in the game that was just pure brilliance following the story events that immediately preceded it.

-better side quests (wanted posters) almost by default. AC had several gadget trials as side missions, one where you have to find Freeze's wife which amounts to going to a spot on the map and beating up 3 guys, and stopping random thugs from assaulting civilians.

-barely better boss fights, although Freeze in AC was SO GOOD, there's no fight in the series better than that.

-the new gadget that was added, the remote claw, is great in predator rooms and helps spice things up with that section of the game. The martial arts enemy type that was added spices up the combat sections later on. They're fun to fight and tough to beat while keeping your combo going.

Despite all of that I think AC's use of more known characters and its Riddler content combined with the freshness factor I explained gives AC the slight edge. There's no doubt AO was a very respectable entry for the franchise, far better than the ____ of War prequels from earlier this year.

Vamphuntr

Wasteland 1 Classic edition is so barebone :S . I know it's not for sale on steam yet and that it's a bonus from kickstarting Wasteland 2 but I mean no steam feature work for it. I guess it must run in some kind of emulator or DOS box.

I would like to dedicate my latest death in Sword of the Stars: The Pit to Dusk Golem, the guy who gave away the game.

I didn't even know the disease status went up to level 5, but apparently when it does and you start to go blind and lose consciousness there's a good chance you'll drop dead during one of your blackouts, even with full health.

I got the disease form a harmless looking red blob named a Beast Virus that did trivial damage but had a high chance of infection. I figured I'd shoot the giant bug with the scythes for arms that was hacking away at me first. Wrong choice. Shoot the blob first. Always shoot the blob first. Their whole race is one fuck you after another in this game. Equipment damage, disguising themselves as goodie boxes, grappling and poisoning you. Ignore the war bots, forget the giant rats, never mind the cyber moon bears. Shoot the blob.

Haha great to see someone else enjoying The Pit, I sunk a ton of time into the game. A quick tip for the mimic blobs, you can see them on motion sensors if you find one or if you are an engineer. If you don't have one be on the lookout for stuff that is oddly placed, the mimic blobs love to stand right near doorways.

You can also make some anti disease stuff with moldy bread and anti-bodies that will cure any disease pretty much.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I love when developers put tiny little details in games.

I just saw a couple of people practising what it seems to be Tai Chi in the beach while working in groups of 2 in Sleeping Dogs. Amazing.

Also, I uploaded some neat Screenshots with some wisdom in it if anyone cares for such things. :)

I would be interested in those screen shots.

As for those little details, aye, it helps make a game for me. The best games for me are always the ones that have that additional level of detail, those extra that make you want to keep an eye out for, or just help make you smile as everything is going on.
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed with a reference to the last Segata Sanshiro television advert, rain or frost on Samus Aran's visor in Metroid Prime, accurate geographic coordinates in Call of Duty games, melting ice cubes in Metal Gear Solid 2, the dialogue grunts can have in Batman Arkham games on top of references to other DC characters, anything that has proper load bearing walls (I'm weird like that), Rayman's use of Black Betty, all those side stories and individual people in Fallout titles and references to Doctor Who or Indiana Jones, etc.
Anything that either makes me want to discover more references, brings a smile to my face for just being included, or helps make a game seem like it's more of an actual world and less than just a stage in a video game, to help me immerse into it, I love and appreciate as a gamer.

A title like Sleeping Dogs? It would be a fun and enjoyable open city crime game for me anyroad, but I appreciate it all that much more because it really does look like Hong Kong, people actually do yell out in the proper language as you nearly run them over in the street, and they let you easily pretend it's a vibrant world rather than just stock NPCs that never do anything.

its too bad the gamersgate thing is separate from steam. really want tales of majeyal :eek:

On the reddit thread for the bundle, the developer of Tales of Maj'Eyal said that anyone who had donated at some point will get Steam keys. I think the Heroes of a Broken Land and No Time to Explain devs said that they'll give keys as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On the reddit thread for the bundle, the developer of Tales of Maj'Eyal said that anyone who had donated at some point will get Steam keys. I think the Heroes of a Broken Land and No Time to Explain devs said that they'll give keys as well.

Good to hear.

Grief.exe

As for those little details, aye, it helps make a game for me. The best games for me are always the ones that have that additional level of detail, those extra that make you want to keep an eye out for, or just help make you smile as everything is going on.
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed with a reference to the last Segata Sanshiro television advert, rain or frost on Samus Aran's visor in Metroid Prime, accurate geographic coordinates in Call of Duty games, melting ice cubes in Metal Gear Solid 2, the dialogue grunts can have in Batman Arkham games on top of references to other DC characters, anything that has proper load bearing walls (I'm weird like that), Rayman's use of Black Betty, all those side stories and individual people in Fallout titles and references to Doctor Who or Indiana Jones, etc.
Anything that either makes me want to discover more references, brings a smile to my face for just being included, or helps make a game seem like it's more of an actual world and less than just a stage in a video game, to help me immerse into it, I love and appreciate as a gamer.

A title like Sleeping Dogs? It would be a fun and enjoyable open city crime game for me anyroad, but I appreciate it all that much more because it really does look like Hong Kong, people actually do yell out in the proper language as you nearly run them over in the street, and they let you easily pretend it's a vibrant world rather than just stock NPCs that never do anything.

I played so much Sleeping Dogs one weekend that when I started driving on Monday I was lost and wanted to drive on the wrong side of the road.
Best open-world game I have played so far.

JaseC

I played so much Sleeping Dogs one weekend that when I started driving on Monday I was lost and wanted to drive on the wrong side of the road.

Sleeping Dogs was the first game in which I'd obtained all achievements -- I was enjoying myself so much that I decided to go for everything. I need to get around to playing the DLC as the achievements they introduced ruined my 100%.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Holy zombies Gaben, why is there suddenly a surge of zombie games again? And most look terrible and try to reel people with this "realistic survival" scheme.

Also is Adventure Park good or is it bad.

The_Monk

Well said fellow GAFfer, couldn't agree more and you gave great examples. As for the screenshots, if I link them can you see them all? Not sure if you can but here it is:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043835726/screenshots/?appid=202170

There are 7 I believe, and a older one. Not a big deal but I really liked that place in the game.

The_Monk

At least you didn't get addicted to Pork Bun fellow GAFfer. ;)

A Man who never eats PORK BUN is never a WHOLE MAN!

Anteater

Holy zombies Gaben, why is there suddenly a surge of zombie games again? And most look terrible and try to reel people with this "realistic survival" scheme.

Also is Adventure Park good or is it bad.

sudden? I thought zombie games was a thing consistently this entire gen >_>

Grief.exe

Sleeping Dogs was the first game in which I'd obtained all achievements -- I was enjoying myself so much that I decided to go for everything. I need to get around to playing the DLC as the achievements they introduced ruined my 100%.

I hate when they do that because you know my aversion to purchasing DLC, let alone actually playing it.

Glad that so many people enjoyed the title as well. Probably going to be my LTTP 2012 game in this years GOTY thread.

Its funny, the best games I have played this year have been indie and classic games. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and System Shock 2 being the cream of the crop.
At least I will get Last of Us out of the way at the end of the month.

At least you didn't get addicted to Pork Bun fellow GAFfer. ;)

A Man who never eats PORK BUN is never a WHOLE MAN!

I eat a pork bun whenever I can find a good one Monk!

Krystof Koreni

Neo Member
Wasteland 1 Classic edition is so barebone :S . I know it's not for sale on steam yet and that it's a bonus from kickstarting Wasteland 2 but I mean no steam feature work for it. I guess it must run in some kind of emulator or DOS box.

I tried playing it earlier last night. I really did. But it was just so clunky, and I like old games.

Danj

Just got my Nvidia codes. I thought they were going to be redeemable on steam :/
Oh well. I have 3 game clients on my pc now.

I'm still salty I didn't get any free games with my freaking GTX Titan that I got a few months ago. I mean it's an £800 graphics card, the least they could do would be to toss in some free shit :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks KenOD for Marlow Briggs! Heard good things on here so I gotta check out those giant-ass hands for myself.

What are the chances this shows up in the Humble Bundle?

Almost 0, since the upcoming games have already been leaked.

The_Monk

How do I get the steam achievement showcase?

How do I raise my steam lvl?

You raise your levels by getting more games and crafting badges from the cards you get in some games fellow GAFfer.

The Steam Achievement showcase is one of the various options you can edit in your Profile but I believe that you need to be Level 10 or more to do so.

Pakkidis

You raise your levels by getting more games and crafting badges from the cards you get in some games fellow GAFfer.

The Steam Achievement showcase is one of the various options you can edit in your Profile but I believe that you need to be Level 10 or more to do so.

Thank you for the reply...so what is the best way to craft badges? :p

wazoo

Not sure if it's been posted or discovered yet, but I went digging through the HumbleBundle.com site and found this block of code:

TL;DR : Looks like the Humble Bundle is adding Fear, Guardians of Middle Earth, Gotham City Impostors Free to Play: Professional Impostor Kit, Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, and some sort of Batman Arkham Origins DLC.

I wonder how Humble Bundle will be able to deliver specific Batman DLC when the only one available to buy is the season pass ?

JaseC

From a cursory glance at the registry, it seems buying the Mithril Edition of Guardians of Middle-earth from a trader would be cheaper than redeeming the HIB key and buying the DLC separately, so I'll be giving it away.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder how Humble Bundle will be able to deliver specific Batman DLC when the only one available to buy is the season pass ?

There is already quite a bit of DLC for this game in the registry, it just can't be purchased yet. So my guess is that it'll redeem for one of those.

http://steamdb.info/app/209000/#section_dlc

From a cursory glance at the registry, it seems buying the Mithril Edition of Guardians of Middle-earth from a trader would be cheaper than redeeming the HIB key and buying the DLC separately, so I'll be giving it away.

Is this taking into account that the HIB also gives you the Smaug's Treasure DLC, and that the Dwarves and Warriors DLC is free via Raptr?

JaseC

Is this taking into account that the HIB also gives you the Smaug's Treasure DLC, and that the Dwarves and Warriors DLC is free via Raptr?

The former, yes, however I wasn't aware of the latter, but even so it still works out cheaper (albeit not by much). The Mithril Edition is 1099 Russiabucks while the six DLC packs are 299 a piece; removing two from the equation brings the total cost down to 1196.

jshackles

It's still really weird that all of the features listed in that description are already in the actual game.

I haven't played Origins but this is the image Humble will show:

2a7cb2fbed37e9854858379171c440b6318e0517.jpg

Are these skins in the base game as well? It could be that their description is just wrong or isn't finalized...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom