• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, no Kingdoms of Amalur on sale any time soon?
bummer

There's a small chance that Rhode Island will discount the game again for the Autumn Sale given it was a Daily earlier in the year, but I wouldn't count on it.

Echoplx

What if the person who purchases Amalur is secretly evil and pulls the game from steam completely?

Better buy it now just in case.

Arthea

That would be really evil.
I have it on PS3, just loading times are killing it there for me. That's why I'm waiting for it going on sale.

Arthea

fixed that for you.

edit-
By the way, how is the game on PS3? I have it thanks to Plus and want to play it, but I keep going back to Warband and not touching my backlog.

It depends on how tolerant you are to certain things. I know people play it on PS3 and have no problems with it. While I can't stand loading times at all anymore, played somewhere around 10 hours, and every time I have to enter any building I want to quit and never come back (><)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Hey, I'm a DC guy and I disapprove of this post!
And Gods Among Us, but that's a whole different story.

Character-design is downright atrocious...

It's NetherRealm. Character design isn't really their strong suit. For MK9, I refuse to use anything but the classic ninja costumes whenever possible. The new stuff is just too fugly.

Hey, here's a really short DmC clip I made with ShadowPlay. I kinda dig this game. Embarrassingly enough, a lot of it has to do with the music. I wouldn't listen to it outside of DmC, but when I'm playing it gets me a little hyped.

kurahador

I need to reminds myself to buy World in Conflict this coming sale.

Always forget about that game for some reason, and the rare chance of it having discounts doesn't help.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Talking about fighting games. Is there any with interesting story campaign on steam?

MK9 is pretty much it. The story is silly and excellent. If you've seen the MK movie, you kinda know what to expect. It uses time travel to basically reboot the series, making it perfect for people who haven't bothered playing any other MK games.

Injustice has a similar story mode, although it's much shorter. You jump between characters as you go through the chapters. It's an entertaining mode that also gives you a chance to fool around with a few different characters and find a type that suits you.

Don't like MK9 that much, thanks anyway.

There's nothing for you, then. Most story modes in fighting games are basically arcade mode with a brief cutscene opening and closing it.

Arthea

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can -- MB-EEC47C5D3650DD6E - Taken by wetflame
Glowfish -- MB-756E8B4E48048A38 - Taken by erila

as promised, little giveaway.
I have some new HB links, but will leave it as last resort (><)

Oh you finished it. So, please kindly tell me how it runs. I've read many people have it crashing constantly.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones since I only got 1 repeatable crash in a cutscene which seems to happen to almost everyone and it had a fix (had to download an external program and check a box).
Other than that performance was great but I guess that doesn't say much considering the game, I've read that a couple of people were having bad performance in Steam discussions but that's about it. When you're driving you'll notice that your car shifts to the right randomly, I think that problem was in the console versions but I'm not sure. It becomes worse as you go faster. The Mustang takes the cake : once you hit the speed cap of the car (85-90mph) it goes apeshit, it's like there's a tiger on the passenger seat steering the wheel and punching you in the balls when it feels like it.

It's up to you if want to buy it or not, seems like a gamble atm so if I were you I'd wait for an update that fixes most of the crashes. I played with DPfix 0.7.1 but it makes the profiling scenes bug (the cutscene appears in the upper right corner of the screen).

Arthea

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones since I only got 1 repeatable crash in a cutscene which seems to happen to almost everyone and it had a fix (had to download an external program and check a box).
Other than that performance was great but I guess that doesn't say much considering the game, I've read that a couple of people were having bad performance in Steam discussions but that's about it. When you're driving you'll notice that your car shifts to the right randomly, I think that problem was in the console versions but I'm not sure. It becomes worse as you go faster. The Mustang takes the cake : once you hit the speed cap of the car (85-90mph) it goes apeshit, it's like there's a tiger in the passenger seat steering the wheel and punching you in the balls when it feels like it.

It's up to you if want to buy it or not, seems like a gamble atm so if I were you I'd wait for an update that fixes most of the crashes. I played with DPfix 0.7.1 but it makes the profiling scenes bug (the cutscene appears in the upper right corner of the screen).

Thanks a lot. I laughed.
I will wait for some patches and fixing at least crashing then. It will be fixed with time, I assume.

What are the chances of Wizardry going on a sale?

I don't remember any Wizardry being on sale, actually

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So it's only just the waiting game then? :/

I love Wiz 8 but I won't pay for more than 5 bucks on it if it's the same game with no touch-ups.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Thanks a lot. I laughed.
I will wait for some patches and fixing at least crashing then. It will be fixed with time, I assume.

Yeah, I'm waiting for patches even though I'm making HD textures for the game's UI and such before starting the PC version. It is tempting to continue though, but I'd rather the crashes be resolved first so I can stream it. (I've never left the red room once in the PC version.)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
yw, enjoy

I'm actually quite looking forward to giving it a go, I've played similar games on the iPad but those had built in cooldown timers and the like to get you to stump for IAPs. This seems like it's got an interesting story to it so I'll probably quite enjoy it.

erila

Neo Member
Thanks for glowfish, Arthea!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deponia -- MB-8BF82010BA573FCA - Taken by kurahador

Found the perfect team name in GRID :
7BF3155468428CFFABB83EB8A5CF5D40CDB8E239

Have a question... My friend has bought Call Of Duty:Modern Warfare 2 Russian retail key for Steam... it only has Russian language... now he wants to buy one with English...Will it be a problem because he already has Modern Warfare 2 in his game list, it's not listed as RU or anything in the list, only Modern Warfare 2.

zkylon

zkylewd
been playing a little bit of mars: war logs

it's actually pretty alright, it won't win any awards but it's entertaining and I like the world and lore they've created, plus I love breaking out of prisons, and setting up preparations for the great escape as quests is a tiny stroke of genius

but now rolling in this game puts the witcher 2 to shame, it's just ridiculous lol

it's actually making me really interested about bound by flame, these guys show a lot of promise (but please add a stamina bar to all your games)

Coldsun

Banned
Have a question... My friend has bought Call Of Duty:Modern Warfare 2 Russian retail key for Steam... it only has Russian language... now he wants to buy one with English...Will it be a problem because he already has Modern Warfare 2 in his game list, it's not listed as RU or anything in the list, only Modern Warfare 2.

Shouldn't be an issue.

JaseC

Squeenix has returned Order of War: Challenge to some of the game's public subs:

Order of War Challenge said:
Order of War - Challenge Retail said:
Order of War: Challenge said:

It's still missing from Order of War subs, though. Maybe somebody realised that removing a game from user accounts was a really stupid precedent to set?

No but do their codes usually work for you? I believe they are a UK based site and their codes do not always play nice for non UK customers [?].

I don't recall a code that hasn't worked before(australia). The only thing I do notice is some games don't show up on the site that other countries are able to get.

Battlefield for example.

JaseC

Codemasters said it was working on removing GFWL from the game last month:

Just an update on this guys, we had all seen the Bioshock 2 thing today and was really impressed with what they had done. I'm not going to have anything concreate for you on what we are doing for a while GFWL is really hard wired into DiRT 3 and taking it out is a big job. We are on it though and I'll keep you updated.

The post just flew under the radar.

Edit: Has anybody else tried to contact Capcom to confirm that it plans to removing GFWL from its games? My e-mail was ignored.

JaseC

This is the official official confirmation though.

I don't see a distinction to make between an employee confirming it on the company's official forums and an employee confirming it via the company's official Twitter account.

wazoo

Was just about to post it. Pseudo confirmed on their forums a while ago, but it seems like the most direct confirmation. Surprised they didn't go with Dirt 2 and work their way up, though maybe just doing the work on either will make it easier to implement for the other.

I think you can play Dirt 2 with an offline account meaning that it will survive GFWL ?

Dirt 3 is prety much an online only game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom