• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, those are par for the course for a god game tbqh lol

I think Toma is overly harsh with his review - the whole point of the game is that your actions will have unpredictable results ('cos humans are dicks) and you must find some way of adapting to the resulting instability before it spirals out of control and one side is destroyed - but I would agree that the game's tutorial isn't particularly successful at explaining the fundamental systems, which can make it seem unwelcoming and obscure at first.

There is, however, a demo, so I would suggest you try that if you are interested: windows or mac

And also go play Reus, if you haven't already...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's sort of wrong to consider the Ace Attorney games to be visual novels. They are almost as close to the standard adventure games as it gets.
Oh, I didn't know that :/

OK, disregard my previous post then, since I haven't played any proper visual novel.

FloatOn

Have you tried the Ace Attorney games? I thought they would be boring too, but I said to myself "What the hell, I have nothing to lose" and got the first game on WiiWare. I loved it so much I ended up getting the whole Phoenix Wright trilogy there, and now that I have a 3DS I imported Apollo Justice and Ace Attorney Investigations (which I was playing, but stopped because of Pokemon Y). Once I'm done with the latter I'll grab AA5, which I'm sure I'll also love.

So yeah, if you have the money to spare, get the first one. It's amazing, though I can't actually explain why.

I've got it on my phone. I think I played the first case awhile ago and it was pretty funny in how intense all of the dialogue got. Once I got around to the second investigation phase I kind of lost interest though.

I might pick it up again one day. I used to love choose your own adventure books back in the day.

Burial at Sea and Enemy Within reviews cropping up.

The former is getting negative impressions across the board, while the latter's seem to be very positive.

I'll once again go on the record and say that I'm massively disappointed with the premise of Burial at Sea. Going back to Rapture instead of exploring more of Columbia's history is just an awful decision on where to take the series. It's like Bioshock is doing a "What if..." comic book with Booker and Elizabeth.

The-Bean

After playing a bit of LOTR: WITN I guess it's designed to be played in co-op, the character switching is really frustrating, you should be able to switch at any time. =/ Can I play through the whole game as just one character / will the others automatically level up and assign their stats and best armor/weapons available or do I have to do it manually?

Freezard

After playing a bit of LOTR: WITN I guess is designed to be played in co-op, the character switching is really frustrating, you should be able to switch at any time. =/ Can I play through the whole game as just one character / will the others automatically level up and assign their stats and best armor/weapons available or do I have to do it manually?

The game is not meant to be played at all, sadly.

Burial at Sea and Enemy Within reviews cropping up.

The former is getting negative impressions across the board, while the latter's seem to be very positive.

Dammit. Again, why I won't buy any more season passes. Feeling pretty damn burnt. Reported length of B@S is about 2ish hours with the first half being no combat. Wow.

Jawmuncher

A thought inspired by skimming the last few posts; imagine Bioshock Infinite as a visual novel.

I've always wondered if Infinite was intended to be far less linear than it was, what with the premise of Elizabeth's powers. A choose-your-own-adventure mechanic would mesh with that well. Also, tens and tens of millions of dollars cheaper to develop, probably. But a lot less youtube videos about Booker eating garbage. Hmm.

I'd be game for anything to get a "VN" like treatment.
Would be better than reading some of those books that are supposed to tie in with the games.

_-----------------------------------_

When is the Family Sharing getting out of beta?
I'll accept Valve time guesses

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I would actually be more interested if they made a Bioshock add-on with no combat.
I would have probably liked the first game way more if that was the case. Though I started enjoying it more after turning down the difficulty from Hard to Easy. I should go back to it, sadly I get bored after a few hours.

neoism

I would have probably liked the first game way more if that was the case. Though I started enjoying it more after turning down the difficulty from Hard to Easy. I should go back to it, sadly I get bored after a few hours.

I played it as a stealth game...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
On that note, is there going to be another DLC release or are Clash in the Clouds and Burial at Sea it?

To my knowledge, they haven't announced anything yet. Also, those DLC are the only ones included in the season pass. I hope the game doesn't turn into another Borderlands 2.

Aaron

After playing a bit of LOTR: WITN I guess it's designed to be played in co-op, the character switching is really frustrating, you should be able to switch at any time. =/ Can I play through the whole game as just one character / will the others automatically level up and assign their stats and best armor/weapons available or do I have to do it manually?
Yes, though the game is best played with at least one other person. The AI on the two guys isn't very good, but the elven lady will pull her weight. Finished the game with a friend, and thought it was pretty great.

Derrick01

Banned
Umm, what are you smoking exactly?

I've played the game to completion, and while there's a number of standard fetch quests, true, most of them are pretty unique. Like turning a werehuman back into original form. Or looking for a monk's erotic literature collection. Or joining brotherhood with the intention of slaying an ancient demon, only to sign a pact with said demon and then slaughter all your fellow brethen.

JaseC should be able to confirm that all of the above are true. :)

Yeah you know how you turn that guy back into a wolf? Go to the quest marker on the map, kill some enemies and tap the action button by the well. That's it. You're confusing the story line of the quest as making the actual quest unique when the gameplay part of it is the standard MMO fare.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm glad Sega didn't go all Squeenix and remove the original Company of Heroes games from our libraries.

"New Steam Version" has Steamworks integration and doesn't require you to install the expansions separately.

Why it doesn't have a grid icon, I don't know.

Aw, ok. I guess I'll search for a custom grid icon somewhere.

By the way, is there a way to remove the grayed out from the Metro Skin in Grid View? I like everything except that.

wazoo

Aw, ok. I guess I'll search for a custom grid icon somewhere.

By the way, is there a way to remove the grayed out from the Metro Skin in Grid View? I like everything except that.

I had to add a few custom steam grid for some special editions/multiplayer entries/beta entries.

JaseC

Are we getting the new versions for free or will our old versions become unusable once GFWL goes dark?

The original games use Quazal for MP, which was sunsetted back in May, hence the move to Steamworks. The New Steam Version includes the expansions (provided you own the originals), they're just under the one roof now (as DLC) rather than separately listed.

If I knew of any easy way, I'd do that, too.

Yeah, I got it: Company of Heroes (New Steam Version)

But Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor are just the old versions, do those have GFWL? will they get updated too?

The New Steam Version is full Company of Heroes 1 experience. The expansions are DLC for the New Steam Version.

Grief.exe

The strategy EA used by releasing Battlefield 4 early seems to have paid off. Of course, it also completely fucked consumers, but we all know EA could care less about us.

F44wtu2.png

Tenrius

Yeah, I got it: Company of Heroes (New Steam Version)

But Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor are just the old versions, do those have GFWL? will they get updated too?

They don't have GFWL and never did. This is correct:

The original games use Quazal for MP, which was sunsetted back in May, hence the move to Steamworks. The New Steam Version includes the expansions (provided you own the originals), they're just under the one roof now (as DLC) rather than separately listed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Putting the finishing touches on Enhanced Steam 5.0 this morning. Lots of new features including this one:

FMDsq5Q.png

JaseC

I bought Out of the Park Baseball 9 (one of the games in my list) a couple of days ago as it's literally never been on sale in the past few years. Watch it be a Weekly.

Kifimbo

Games of the week:

11/11/2013 - PixelJunk Shooter - Action - Double Eleven/Q-Games - $8.99
11/11/2013 - Rain Blood Chronicles: Mirage - Action - Origo Games/S-Game - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

11/12/2013 - XCOM: Enemy Within - Strategy - 2K Games/Firaxis - $29.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

11/12/2013 - Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - Fighting - Warner Bros./Netherrealms - $49.99
11/13/2013 - Blood Knights - Action/RPG - dtp entertainment/Deck 13 - $XX.XX
11/14/2013 - Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior - Action - Torn Banner Studio/Torn Banner Studio - $14.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

11/15/2013 - X: Rebirth - Space simulation - Deep Silver/Egosoft - $49.99
11/15/2013 - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition - RPG - Atari/Beamdog - $24.99
11/15/2013 - Contrast - Platformer/Puzzle - Focus Home/Compulsion Games - $19.99
11/15/2013 - Deadfall Adventures - FPS - Nordic Games/Farm 51 - $39.99

And probably a lot more.

The same shitty online Pc community plays both series?

they are certainly competing on the casual end. Not everyone has a mic and an ass as a mouth to go with it, you know.

Also: I just played a bit of BO2's campaign and it's same anti-game shit that the series has been doing since CoD2. Why isn't the campaign blasted to hell over this when BF3 is? (which also has a better campaign / design to boot)

oh, and with Shadowman released, does that mean the original Turok games might get rereleased some day too? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom