• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is Battlelog using the Geocities codebase or something? Treyarch must be wizards.

The exporting/importing is funky as hell, but it's actually really easy once you learn how to do it. It's basically CSS code just put in to where the site loads it and shows it 1:1 with what you see.

Dunno how Call of Duty does their copying function but yeah, clunky but worth it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's now working with Chrome. Didn't work with FF for some reason.

You have to use Firebug for Firefox IIRC. Firefox doesn't have a native html/css code-base/live dev view does it?

Grief.exe

The exporting/importing is funky as hell, but it's actually really easy once you learn how to do it. It's basically CSS code just put in to where the site loads it and shows it 1:1 with what you see.

Dunno how Call of Duty does their copying function but yeah, clunky but worth it.

I get the feeling from the implementation that the ability to copy emblems was purely unintentional.

MRORANGE

I need Peggle 2 :(

QsgojyM.gif

I've not played 1 or 3, but at the time that I played 2 I actually found it rather enjoyable. It's one of those games (like Assassin's Creed) where I totally get all the criticism of the game, but I still find the overall package pleasing. I think a big part of Fable II was that the visual design of the world really appealed to me. It was a look that touched on plenty of genre tropes, but still had a cohesive and strongly individual look to it (I feel this way about other Lionhead games). Combat was simple but fun and while the co-op mode was super neutered I still really enjoyed having a couch co-op mode to play in what would normally be a single player only type of genre.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam version 5.0 for Google Chrome has now been released. Current users should receive the update automatically within the next hour.

Here is the changelog:

• Redesigned the navigation on the options page
  • Adds SteamCharts.com information on game pages
  • Adds "total playtime" to the all games page
  • Adds a "games you don't own" filter to friend's all games pages
  • Added platform icons to items on the wishlist page
  • Added active listing total to marketplace homepage
  • Added WSGF certifications for 21:9 (Ultra-Widescreen) and 4K UHD certified games
  • Added support for IndieGameStand price histories
  • Added support for showing booster pack market prices in your inventory
  • Made a ton of behind-the-scenes bugfixes and code updates
  • Fixed bug where card drops were calculating incorrectly for some users
  • Fixed a bug where sales on packs were not correctly highlighting
  • Fixed a bug that caused inventory links to become stale after selling an item
  • Fixed bug where badge binder view wasn't working correctly in some languages
As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues. An updated Firefox version will be uploaded to Mozilla soon.

Deques

Looks like there is a humble store now, and it opened with a sale.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

I wonder if this store is here to stay or it's just a sale

They did a better job than IndieGala :p

Enhanced Steam version 5.0 for Google Chrome has now been released. Current users should receive the update automatically within the next hour.

Here is the changelog:

• Redesigned the navigation on the options page
  • Adds SteamCharts.com information on game pages
  • Adds "total playtime" to the all games page
  • Adds a "games you don't own" filter to friend's all games pages
  • Added platform icons to items on the wishlist page
  • Added active listing total to marketplace homepage
  • Added WSGF certifications for 21:9 (Ultra-Widescreen) and 4K UHD certified games
  • Added support for IndieGameStand price histories
  • Added support for showing booster pack market prices in your inventory
  • Made a ton of behind-the-scenes bugfixes and code updates
  • Fixed bug where card drops were calculating incorrectly for some users
  • Fixed a bug where sales on packs were not correctly highlighting
  • Fixed a bug that caused inventory links to become stale after selling an item
  • Fixed bug where badge binder view wasn't working correctly in some languages
As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues. An updated Firefox version will be uploaded to Mozilla soon.

How long time does it usually take to get new updates?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How long time does it usually take to get new updates?

If you've got the Chrome version installed already, it's rolling out now. Google estimates that all users will have it in about 1 hour.

What about listing DLC I do not own for the games I own ?
Is that possible ?

You mean like you want a list of every DLC you don't own for every game that you do?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
So how is PixelJunk Shooter?
This is probably gonna be a contrarian opinion, but I found it sluggish and boring. I've been picking at it every few months thinking maybe I just don't "get" it, but whenever I sit down with it for longer than a few minutes I get the inorexable urge to take a nap. I can't help but think I'd have more fun going back to Asteroids.

...I imagine if you really enjoy the novelty of fluid dynamics you'll get more out of it.

Tenrius

Yeah I'll wait a little, will give me time to make progress on my backlog :D Thanks for the offer though!

Not sure what the six keys thing are :lol

They are just TF2 keys you can buy from the market/Mann Co Store for like $2 (I think) each. You then trade them to someone and they can again sell them on the market. Just a convenient, if a bit inaccurate (the market prices tend to fluctuate), exchange medium. I'd rather do it via PayPal, but it's not supported by Steam in Russia and I don't have much use for it outside of Steam. Well, that's how it works. I don't really do it myself, but I don't mind helping someone out if they want to. There is a dedicated thread if you want to make a request like this in the future, by the way: Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution.

Copons

Goddamit Humble Store!

I don't know what to do plz halp

I'm hesitant between these three (in order of preference):

- The Swapper
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Rogue Legacy

But as we're so near Autumn and Holiday sales, I don't know if I should wait for the dailies... :'(

jshackles

If you don't have any of their games would it not be wiser to buy the Popcap Complete pack during the xmas sale instead of just getting a handful of them in a humble bundle? Usually the publisher complete packs discount for crazy prices.

That's where I got all of my Popcap games on Steam. But it was $50 during the sale (I got mine from a friend for $32) so it really depends if you want the extra games. For most people, spending $1-$5 for 4-8 games they like is better than buying 34 games they mostly don't.

jediyoshi

If you don't have any of their games would it not be wiser to buy the Popcap Complete pack during the xmas sale instead of just getting a handful of them in a humble bundle? Usually the publisher complete packs discount for crazy prices.

Its lowest listing so far has been $50 and there doesn't look like a lot outside of the bundle you might want that you couldn't pay the difference for cheaper on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom