• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Goddamit Humble Store!

I don't know what to do plz halp

I'm hesitant between these three (in order of preference):

- The Swapper
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Rogue Legacy

But as we're so near Autumn and Holiday sales, I don't know if I should wait for the dailies... :'(

Isn't everything 50% off? The 75% off rule is amazing.

Anteater

Goddamit Humble Store!

- The Swapper
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Rogue Legacy

But as we're so near Autumn and Holiday sales, I don't know if I should wait for the dailies... :'(

The answer is almost always wait or buy them all

Omega

Banned
I need Peggle 2 :(

QsgojyM.gif

really? this got gif'd?

come on people. he was clearly fishing for a gif and we gave this clown what he wanted.

denx

Uggg, there are so many sales. Humble WB Bundle, Groupee Be Mine, Fable (yes, I'm gonna buy that), the 2K Newegg sale, the HUMBLE STORE...

I'm not gonna make it to the Autumn sale guys. :(

btw, I remember seeing footage of Wrack a long time ago. It looked like a pretty fun game back then, and opinion on the Steam forums seems to be positive, so you should probably keep an eye on it. Need more old school fast paced FPS nonsense.

derExperte

...I imagine if you really enjoy the novelty of fluid dynamics you'll get more out of it.

And I can see that if you don't love that stuff the game may be less great. But I do and it never got old watching all the different liquids react plus they indroduce new elements often enough that I didn't feel bored. And I think the core gameplay (shooting and rescuing) is very good as well, unfortunately Shooter 2 became much more difficult, it's very hard to play in coop as a result. Or my friends just suck.

- The Swapper
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Rogue Legacy

You can't go wrong with Swapper. Or Euro Truck. Or Rogue Legacy. So.... yeah, can't help you.

FloatOn

Goddamit Humble Store!

- The Swapper
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Rogue Legacy

Rogue Legacy for sure.

Even though you don't have it listed I would also pick up Orcs Must Die 2 and Chivalry. Those are two of my favorite multiplayer games from this generation.

Don't Starve is really good too but I haven't spent nearly enough time with it to give it a true recommendation.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Goddamit Humble Store!

- The Swapper
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Rogue Legacy

Go for Euro Truck. That's the cheapest it's been since the $7.25 or so Daily. I doubt it'll go lower in the Fall/Winter sale.

Knurek

Am I the only one who doesn't like that you can't change the payment sliders in Humble Store? Come on, guys, who wants to give money to charity (75/25 dev/humble split for me)?

Slacker

(Wrack) looked like a pretty fun game back then, and opinion on the Steam forums seems to be positive, so you should probably keep an eye on it. Need more old school fast paced FPS nonsense.

I thought the same thing while watching the video, but then remembered I already have Quake Live. Does this bring anything else to the table?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Am I the only one who doesn't like that you can't change the payment sliders in Humble Store? Come on, guys, who wants to give money to charity (75/25 dev/humble split for me)?

I'm just sad that I can't pay with Bitcoin like you can with the regular Humble and Humble weekly.

fantomena

Good to see more competition on the digital PC market. I have (happily?) all the games on the Humble Store sale, so won't buy anything yet.

Gonna be strong and keep my money until the winter sale/autumn sale.

denx

I thought the same thing while watching the video, but then remembered I already have Quake Live. Does this bring anything else to the table?

I don't know honestly. I don't remember much about Wrack except that it looked fun. I'd have to watch some more recent gameplay footage to see what's up.

Btw, Quake Live will have a standalone version release pretty soon. Any news of it coming to Steam?

Copons

Isn't everything 50% off? The 75% off rule is amazing.

It's not. I don't know about
my math is too crap to bother calculating it :D
precise percents, but both Swapper and ETS2 are more than 50% off (while Rogue Legacy is actually 50% off).

The answer is almost always wait or buy them all

And that's what I'll most likely do!

You can't go wrong with Swapper. Or Euro Truck. Or Rogue Legacy. So.... yeah, can't help you.

And that's a suggestion! :D

Rogue Legacy for sure.

Even though you don't have it listed I would also pick up Orcs Must Die 2 and Chivalry. Those are two of my favorite multiplayer games from this generation.

Don't Starve is really good too but I haven't spent nearly enough time with it to give it a true recommendation.

I already have Chivalry and Don't Starve and Orcs Must Die never clicked with me don't know why.

Go for Euro Truck. That's the cheapest it's been since the $7.25 or so Daily. I doubt it'll go lower in the Fall/Winter sale.

Ok so, the polls right now are:

1 vote for The Swapper by der Experte (there should be a reason why he put it on top of his list!)

1 vote for Rogue Legacy by RealityExists

1 vote for Euro Truck by TheSeks

PERFECT! :D

EDIT:
Actually, I was wondering how graphic intensive is ETS2 (I mean, the min gpu required is lower than mine, but what's the point of that game, if I can't enjoy beautiful landscapes and speed radars and such?)

Dr Dogg

Oh great now I;m going to feel guilty and pick up Don't Starve, Rogue Legacy, The Swapper and Chivalry right when I'm trying not to be frivolous.

Also Gunpoint looks awesome. Kind of like a noir Elevator Action. Any thoughts or impressions?

maty

I finally 100%ed Retro/Grade. Great game.

header_292x136.jpg

Retro/Grade is a reverse shmup rythm game. This means you are going back in time undoing every shot you fired. Now you know why it didn't sell too much, two niche genres put together but quite good at that.

From the right side you have the notes you need to press while from the right side come the laser shots that go back to their point of origin, so you need to pay attention to to both sides of the screen at all times. The game has 6 difficulties and just like any guitar hero game more notes and lanes are added when changing them. You also have a reverse mechanic to go back in time (or forward :p) and get the notes right and erase any mistake you made, but this is limited.

The campaign consists of only 10 tracks and even though they are good a few more songs would have been nice.

Another thing that is a little hard to get used to is the vibrant colors, specially when you are in overdrive mode, making you lose track of the notes you need to press or the enemy fire you need to avoid. But once you memorize the songs it all comes down to deciding when to activate it to increase you score.

Finally the game has another campaign which consists of lots of challenges. While you play the same songs again, sometimes you need to do so without mistakes or lane coloring, with the camera zoomed in, mirror world or at a faster speed, or all of them at once. As you beat this challenges you can unlock new ships, artwork and the music player.

On the good side, you can play the game not only with a keyboard and gamepad but with a compatible GH guitar as well. I beat it using mostly the 360 gamepad but changed to a DS3 on the last levels. I recommend using the latter for the superior D-pad.

Like any music/rythm game your enjoyment depends if you like the music, so if you do I would at least give it a chance.

I bought the game during the summer sale and I got 50 hours out of it, so I can not complain.

Milamber

EDIT:
Actually, I was wondering how graphic intensive is ETS2 (I mean, the min gpu required is lower than mine, but what's the point of that game, if I can't enjoy beautiful landscapes and speed radars and such?)

Not very. I played the game 1080p maxed out on a core 2 duo 2.4 Ghz, 4 GB DDR2 RAM and a GTX 460. Smooth 60+ all the way.

Copons

Useful
for me!
Update:

The Swapper [1] (derExperte)

Rogue Legacy [4] (RealityExists, fantomena, DeadlyVirus, jshackles)

Euro Truck [2] (TheSeks, Milamber)

Keep the votes coming
or not
because I'm totally gonna dine now!

Rogue Legacy for sure. It's in my top 5 GOTY.

On another note, Gunpoint is 50% off, but...I...must...resist...and buy at 75% off...on autumn or winter sale...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I would say Rogue Legacy. It's a great game and I sunk about 25 hours into it.

Cth

Argh, tempting to get Dont Starve at that price.

As for the poll... tough call, all three are highly recommended.

Hour wise, you'll get the most out of Rogue Legacy but it is a grind which bothered some. Euro Truck is very relaxing but may be repetitive for some. And The Swapper is amazing with a 8-10 hr story but not a lot of replayability (if achievements matter you won't get any unless you stumble on hidden areas or follow a walkthrough)

So, I'd go with RL then Swapper then ET2.. but really you should get them all :D

lazybum

Neo Member
was waiting for a Rogue Legacy price drop somewhere, so that was easy. It also means it'll show up in an upcoming sale for less than $5.

got Swapper too after seeing some of the rec's here. After watching the trailer, it looks right up my alley.

bronson

I'd vote for The Swapper. It builds on itself and comes to a satisfying conclusion. RL becomes a slog after a while, petering out until you finally decide you're done.

Milamber

While tempting to get all three, I want to point out that ETS2 is the only game that actually applies real world skills and practice into effect. What if you suddenly had to drive or back up a trailer on the spot?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The Humble Store now has a storefront? Fantastic news! I hope all those Kickstarter projects will start supporting this. DRM Free + Steam please!

While tempting to get all three, I want to point out that ETS2 is the only game that actually applies real world skills and practice into effect. What if you suddenly had to drive or back up a trailer on the spot?

Yep, I'm confident I could save all of the people on board and get the shipment there on time if I ever saw a truck parked on the roadside with a comatose drugged out trucker on board. I'd park that thing in record time too.

Milamber

Yep, I'm confident I could save all of the people on board and get the shipment there on time if I ever saw a truck parked on the roadside with a comatose drugged out trucker on board. I'd park that thing in record time too.

Not me. I'd spend 15 minutes just fiddling the radio until I found a station I liked before starting the truck.

Cth

In ET2's favor, there are a lot of mods available. You can add your own radio stations in the form of internet radio, as well as loading up a bunch of podcasts. New DLC is out in addition to the routes already available as mods. Rain storms are gorgeous to experience.

In Rogue Legacy's favor, the inherited traits feature is fun and mixes up gameplay. Boss fights are fun. Lots of ways to tweak your game from class choice to traits affecting gameplay, etc.

In Swapper's favor, the game itself is gorgeous.. story is well written providing some moral contemplation. Art is derived from clay models. There is a way to modify it to work with a gamepad as well if need be. Puzzles give a nice sense of accomplishment for solving them. Logistic and challenging puzzles.

Goddamit Humble Store!

- The Swapper
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Rogue Legacy

The Swapper. It's awesome.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I also vote for Rogue Legacy - smashing game, fun over-the-top gameplay with some pretty silly power-ups and a neat take on the rogue-like genre. goty list material for me

On a non-related note: A question to old-timers and pc-gamers in this thread.

Is it possible to make a fun quiz about guessing games after their system requirements? It seems funny to me, maybe I'm just mental.

I tried making a thread, but it died real fast :(

Maybe it's just a terrible idea, and only me who finds it funny (old system requirements are fun, right??!) lol.

Also googling is obviously a problem.

Anyway, advice on how to further elaborate the concept or ditching the terrible idea would be apreciated

and sorry for going OT mr.organge

maty

Sadly I will never be able to do the same, Pro is about as much as I can take. But it'll motivate me to continue with the challenge mode.

I know what you mean at first I thought the same. When I first tried Tough or X-treme I said this is impossible. But with a little practice I got the hang of it. I did everything up to Tough before going to the challenges and when I was at the end I went back to do X-treme.

Getting a Continuum Captain (no mistakes but using the reverse mechanic) is not that difficult, but Atro Admiral, that was hard. I took it slowly and tried to do 1 track at a time until I had memorized everything.

Slacker

Btw, Quake Live will have a standalone version release pretty soon. Any news of it coming to Steam?

I was wondering the same thing, but haven't found any info yet. If it's standalone at least we can add it to Steam as a shortcut I guess, so I'll call that a step in the right direction.

May finally check out Prison Architect at $15. Any dire warnings about doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom