• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be a good gift for someone who does not know how to drive but is willing to?

Cross-posting.

:O HYPE!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm playing FTL right now even though I have games in my backlog I wish to deal with because I'm ill so this is excellent news! :D

The fact that they allow us to disable all the new content before starting a new game is just perfect for those people *cough* who are yet to finish the original release.

Oh great now I;m going to feel guilty and pick up Don't Starve, Rogue Legacy, The Swapper and Chivalry right when I'm trying not to be frivolous.

Also Gunpoint looks awesome. Kind of like a noir Elevator Action. Any thoughts or impressions?

Try the demo? There's one on Steam or on the dev site.

JakeD

Am I the only one in the world who played ET2, thought it was nice enough for what it is, but didn't really get it?

You drive a truck.

i wanted to love it bad but i was a little bummed out about the controls and set it aside until somebody figured them out. has a standard been established yet for fixing/setting them? especially on a 360 controller

:O HYPE!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm playing FTL right now even though I have games in my backlog I wish to deal with because I'm ill so this is excellent news! :D

The fact that they allow us to disable all the new content before starting a new game is just perfect for those people *cough* who are yet to finish the original release.

you don't 'finish' FTL, FTL finishes you

Milamber

i wanted to love it bad but i was a little bummed out about the controls and set it aside until somebody figured them out. has a standard been established yet for fixing/setting them? especially on a 360 controller
This worked out pretty well for us all at the ETS2 thread...

AtQT8b1.png

you don't 'finish' FTL, FTL finishes you

Oh I know :). Many, many times :D. That's part of its charm. When the dev says that dying is part of the fun they weren't kidding! :) When I defeat the final boss and unlock all the ships then I'll consider it finished. If I get all the achievements too then that will be a bonus :). Plus there's the infinite mod to try; my poor backlog :/.

Anteater

now if only it would get added to the 'dirt' bundle that only currently has one dirt game! hell i'll even take showdown or whatever that newer one is. its just weird being a dirt bundle with one dirt game

also why not 2 and showdown?

Maybe they'll add 1, was 1 any good :eek:?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Perhaps someone can help me. Whenever I use Steam's overly feature, it won't allow me to properly write anything. For example if I try to respond to a friend's chat message or use the web browser, it takes one text entry and multiplies it.

For example I go to type "d", it comes out as "dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd" instead and I can't stop it.

Any suggestions on how to fix it? I couldn't find anything in Steam's communities or FAQ in my searches.

Too late, I've already bought it :p. The RPS Wot I Think swayed me. Thanks for the heads up though.

Well I hope you enjoy it :). I enjoyed the demo quite a bit so it's pretty high up in my wish list. I'm tempted to pick it up too but can't justify it given how many other games I should really be getting to. We'll see if I can hold out in the upcoming sales :).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Perhaps someone can help me. Whenever I use Steam's overly feature, it won't allow me to properly write anything. For example if I try to respond to a friend's chat message or use the web browser, it takes one text entry and multiplies it.

For example I go to type "d", it comes out as "dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd" instead and I can't stop it.

Any suggestions on how to fix it? I couldn't find anything in Steam's communities or FAQ in my searches.

Sometimes that happens, I don't quite know why. Pressing CTRL or ALT or a combination of both multiple times usually fixes it for me, momentaneously. Closing and Opening the overlay brings it back. I think it has something to do with a key being stuck before you open the overlay. There's an even worse bug that, somehow, makes everything I type backwards show up backwards, and I don't even understand how that's possible.

Those are some crazy bugs.

Karu

Normally I wouldn't buy anything and wait for the Steam Sales. Though only the Humble Store offers me $-prices, and since Steam in most cases isn't that huge of a difference between both currencies.... I am tempted.

Will probably buy Rogue Legacy...

Timeless

Sometimes that happens, I don't quite know why. Pressing CTRL or ALT or a combination of both multiple times usually fixes it for me, momentaneously. Closing and Opening the overlay brings it back. I think it has something to do with a key being stuck before you open the overlay. There's an even worse bug that, somehow, makes everything I type backwards show up backwards, and I don't even understand how that's possible.

I think this has to do with RTL text mode, activated with keys similar to those you might use for the Steam overlay.
http://superuser.com/questions/471692/how-to-change-the-text-direction-on-windows

Acccent

I've only played Rogue Legacy (I'll definitely play The Swapper soonish though, it's in my top-priority list) but I'll anti-vote for it; count that as a -1. I'm tired of seeing it held as one of the best games of this year when I thought it was so incredibly uninteresting... I totally respect anyone who loved it, I'm just for once using my right to express my own distaste :D

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Crazy indeed. Sadly trying CTRL or ALT or or any key that doesn't already have a function in any combination doesn't seem to fix it for me. It's not too bad since I have more than one monitor and can just type in a notepad and just copy and paste for messages, but I really shouldn't have to for a basic feature.

Though it could be worse. For me it's just a dew dozen of whatever character I entered. Some I'm seeing complaints that it doesn't actually end until it's well pass a hundred and that just slows everything down.

I think this has to do with RTL text mode, activated with keys similar to those you might use for the Steam overlay.
http://superuser.com/questions/471692/how-to-change-the-text-direction-on-windows

I'll look into that, thanks.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Humble Store is going to tempt me, I can feel it already. Leaning towards The Swapper but will see how I feel after sleeping on it.

Copons

Ok, if someone was curious these are the results:

Rogue Legacy [7] (RealityExists, fantomena, DeadlyVirus, jshackles, Cth, Roboleon, AHA-Lambda)

The Swapper [5] (derExperte, bronson, CecilRousso, Stallion Free, Nabs)

Euro Truck Simulator 2 [3] (TheSeks, Milamber, Sgt.Pepper)

(even if probably someone was just expressing an opinion and not a vote :D )

Anyway, in my most natural behavior - someone would say "a classic Copons" - I'm probably gonna ditch Rogue Legacy and go with Swapper now and maybe ETS2 tomorrow.
It's just the "75% off rule" somebody mentioned earlier, and Rogue Legacy is the only one of the batch to be still at 50% off.
Thank you all very much, even if I didn't picked the most voted at all. :D

Atruvius

Lego Lord of the Rings is really good. It really gives me the same vibes I get when I read the LotR books or watch the movies. And I was pleasantly surprised by how the game looks, the game can look quite stunning at times.

I kind of like Lego games. The last one I played was Lego Batman 2 on PS3. They seem to be one of the only 3D platformer collectathons on the market these days. Sure the controls might not the most accurate but, eh, beggars can't be choosers.

If you like Lego games or Lord of the Rings I would recommend this game for you!

derExperte

Anyway, in my most natural behavior - someone would say "a classic Copons" - I'm probably gonna ditch Rogue Legacy and go with Swapper now and maybe ETS2 tomorrow.

It's the only right choice. But don't forget that the deals will change tomorrow, so don't miss ETS.

Pinball Arcade: http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/6472-PC-Version-1-19-6-Discussion-amp-Feedback

- Added portrait support to the user interface. When you launch the config utility, you can choose an adapter (monitor) number. This lets you run fullscreen and fullscreen window modes on other monitors. The resolutions listed are the supported fullscreen ones for the selected adapter. A portrait monitor will list portrait resolutions.
- Season Pass DLC added to the steam store. "The season purchasing is in but the store pages may or may not be "released" today as I'm not sure if Valve is still at the office. So those might not show up until tomorrow." - Mike

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's just the "75% off rule" somebody mentioned earlier, and Rogue Legacy is the only one of the batch to be still at 50% off.
Thank you all very much, even if I didn't picked the most voted at all. :D

Good man.

havent done one of these in a while so.

fine time for a database error :eek:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs- -- MB-32AE10132281122D - Taken by nexen. 12 entrants total.

t1384208648z1.png

if this doesnt work I will send through steam

Copons

It's the only right choice. But don't forget that the deals will change tomorrow, so don't miss ETS.

Yup, that's the main reason behind the fact I didn't buy all three of them.
Basically, I don't know if fall for ETS (a game I don't know if I'll appreciate at all) or wait until the next discounts, where I'll most likely find something from my actual wishlist! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom