• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple question: I'll be changing regions in a couple of months (living in Europe atm and moving to the US) and I still have a couple of cash in my steam wallet (I intend to use until then). Will steam autodetect the new region? What happens to the funds?
Any other useful info on region changing is welcome.

Contact Support first. Steam allows a one time region transfer. If you do not, Steam will think you sold your account

I changed regions several times (Europe <-> Canada) in the last 3 years, and I never had any problems.

I guess I'm lucky if this one time region transfer thing is real. Next time I'll contact Steam support first.

sprinkles

Fly'n is $3.33 on Amazon. I played through it last week, the graphics look like the newer Rayman games, I loved the charming characters and the level design but could not really enjoy the controls - for some reason I could not get the D-Pad working on my 360 Controller. Still, a steal for that price and a really under appreciated indie game released this year.

good news everyone
Valdis Story will soon be mine
just custom ordered that sum bitch from Prizerebel
was sick of waiting till 2k pts so i just said fuck it and custom ordered

Seagoon

Good luck everyone

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-638B2D4CD28B20EA - Taken by Vecks. 34 entrants total.
Hitman Absolution -- MB-F33A4B83146462B7 - Taken by alr1ght. 30 entrants total.

t1384221095z1.png

The_Monk

Already have both game but awesome giveaway.

Sleeping Dogs is amazing on PC.

Indeed fellow GAFfer. I only had the chance to see Rain on Sleeping Dogs (with "decent" settings) recently and it's amazing. I was so happy that when it started raining I stopped the car on the side of the road, put the most relaxing radio on and I stood there for a good 5 minutes. I was impressed.

I gave up on Hitman when I couldn't work out how to drug the coffee in the first level ;)

Seemed like it would be decent enough fun though. I'll probably go back to it one day.

I gave up on Hitman when I couldn't work out how to drug the coffee in the first level ;)

Seemed like it would be decent enough fun though. I'll probably go back to it one day.

Go upstairs, sleeping tablets are under the sink in the bathroom. I drugged the chef so I could steal his snazzy hat.

derFeef

Enjoy duders!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan Wakes American Nightmare -- MB-35E9487FC67C5B5B - Taken by Razorskin
Brothers A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-62EFB7DD336DBF7E - Taken by 3chopl0x

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I keep getting an error when trying to play desktop dungeons on my windows 8.1 pc. Its a popup that says Fatal error in gc GetthreadContext failed.

I googled it but everything points to antivirus stuff like avast, and it's not anything like that for me. Quite annoying, any ideas?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey everyone. I just checked and it seems Google still hasn't pushed out Enhanced Steam version 5.0. I'm not sure if this is due to a technical issue or the fact that today is a holiday, but hopefully the problem will be resolved soon. :)

The newest Firefox version, 4.4, has been sent to Mozilla for review. You can download it manually from here if you don't want to wait. Otherwise, it should be rolling out within the next few days once the code has been reviewed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Any idea will that humble store eurotruck price be met again in christmas sales?

It's very rare for a game to go on a sale to 66% or 75% off and never match that sale again. The general trend is that future sales will match or exceed previous sales. That's the most logical way to sell things anyway, because of price stratification. You exhaust purchases at higher price points and then move to lower price points to suck up more there. There's no guarantees of anything of course, but that's generally how things go.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Any idea will that humble store eurotruck price be met again in christmas sales?

My crystal ball and this calculation I pulled out of my ass say that there's a 73.84% chance that EuroTruck Simulator 2 will be discounted by 75% come Winter Sale.

There's also a 245.33% chance that it'll be discounted by 50%.

The_Monk

Sadly the game sucks, I would LOVE to see Dirt 2 steamworks though.

I liked them both however I could live without any Gymkana (or how it's called) events. That was the only thing I didn't like in Dirt 3 and I've been playing both lately. I also like the soundtracks from Dirt 2 better and it's a shame I can longer get the first Dirt on steam.

Freezard

Meh. DiRT 1 was the best one by far. Didn't care for DiRT 2 but DiRT 3 was good. Then there was one with only tricks that sucked balls.

FauX

A key!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

King's Bounty Warriors of the North -- MB-60F01AB66A1D4FE5 - Taken by tylergregg. 12 entrants total.

t1384225280z1.png

KJ869

I liked them both however I could live without any Gymkana (or how it's called) events. That was the only thing I didn't like in Dirt 3 and I've been playing both lately. I also like the soundtracks from Dirt 2 better and it's a shame I can longer get the first Dirt on steam.
Gymkana was fun for first 5 minutes and pain the rest of the game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've only played Rogue Legacy (I'll definitely play The Swapper soonish though, it's in my top-priority list) but I'll anti-vote for it; count that as a -1. I'm tired of seeing it held as one of the best games of this year when I thought it was so incredibly uninteresting... I totally respect anyone who loved it, I'm just for once using my right to express my own distaste :D
Same here. I played very little of it (haven't beaten any boss yet), but I already dislime the grindy nature of it. I also didn't like the controls much, especially when playing with the 360 pad, and overall found the game rather boring.

I thought it would be great after all the praise here, but I was very disappointed. Hotline Miami or Dust this isn't.

The_Monk

Meh. DiRT 1 was the best one by far. Didn't care for DiRT 2 but DiRT 3 was good. Then there was one with only tricks that sucked balls.

Wish I could find Dirt 1 in a local store for PC. Is the game GFWL?

If I was in the UK I could grab the physical game from amazon.uk from one of those merchants for just £0.49 plus + £1.99 for shipping in there (seriously that's a great price) but in here I have not such luck

Gymkana was fun for first 5 minutes and pain the rest of the game.

Have to agree, it was really not my type of events to play in these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom