• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I totally didn't expect that to work. I gotta pull my laundry out of the dryer and sleep, but I'll play it tomorrow. Thanks.

Just noticed I got charged three times on that Viagame Call of Juarez Gunslinger deal. Two of them around the order date and one time as late as yesterday.

Hawkie

So it seems that Call of Duty has been bleeding users on the PC side for years at this point. About 35,000-40,000 concurrent members per launch are lost.

This must be music to IW's ears. They made it quite clear way back that they had no interest in PC CoD and more or less set about strangling that market to death. For them consoles is where the money is and that's all that matters. The current "port" demonstrates that perfectly.

zkylon

zkylewd
Jørdan;89494623 said:
tumblr_mw4xf5OFzJ1r6z8yvo1_400.jpg

Completed my first playthrough of Alpha Protocol yesterday, the time is bugged so I'd have to guess a little less than twice that. It felt well paced as I was playing with the exception of my failing miserably at a few points to proceed without a few reloads, notably when I'm trying to proceed in a manner that would impress Tom Clancy when my companion/s on the mission are aiming for Tom Cruise. It is these acquaintances and characters that make the game as impressive as it is, there are great characters and dialogue with a fairly good story to enjoy.

It was a welcomed relief to have a protagonist that wasn't an asshole for a change, although the option was there to respond that way in conversation if you chose. At the end I was very happy with the conclusion of the story and was keep wondering right up to the last minute. I grew attached to some of those I met and to have a cliched ending was admittedly pleasing.

In the time I played some of the issues I encountered were two instances of getting stuck which I managed to break free with some kung-fu, dubious enemy intelligence, horrid controls prior to tweaks, graphical glitches with the inventory and the most absurd implementation of a sniper rifle in a game yet seen. Yet none of this prevented my enjoyment of the game and where it really shines, certainly not to the extent I was led to believe. Alpha Protocol isn't flawless yet what it does do well is far greater than that it does not, it was a successful mission.

alpha protocol's the best shit ever, would love for obs to somehow do a sequel, even with another name

Coldsun

Banned
Probably for the same reason people continue to live in Detroit, moving is hard when you have family.

Can't be that hard. Detroit went from 1.8mil in the 1950s to 700k in 2012. If detroit can shed over half their population, you gotta wonder why Gotham still has as many people as it apparently does :D

Knurek

Is there a quick way to selectively uninstall large amount of games? I don't want to delete my Steam Folder as I want to keep a few of them, but clicking hundreds of entries doesn't sound like fun. :(

Coldsun

Banned
Is there a quick way to selectively uninstall large amount of games? I don't want to delete my Steam Folder as I want to keep a few of them, but clicking hundreds of entries doesn't sound like fun. :(

I believe you have to do it 1 by 1 these days. I know ages ago you could shift-click multiple entries but that's since been changed.

Arthea

wow there's a fable 3 on pc? the more you know.gif

it's GFWL, so there is no Fable 3 on steam for me (><)
Not that I'm dying to play it after Fable 2. I see how farting and having babies can appeal to some people, but other than that, gameplay was seriously lacking, I'm not sure it's possible not to win in this game too, even if you tried, and combat leaves a lot to be desired. Let's add severe loading times and bugs. yup, that's about all.

I wonder if MS would remove GFWL from their own game.
When mainline DQ or Uncharted will be released on steam!

Arthea

Come on, Squeenix, if GOG can use Dosbox for older games, why can't you use PCSX2?

I'm sure Sony would allow you to use an encrypted image of PS2 BIOS for a small fee.

on iOS

As we are having talk about what should be. I always thought that it makes no sense Steambot Chronicles not being steam game still. (><)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Huh. I read this thread before going to sleep last night and then ended up dreaming that I'd accidentally bought Fable 2 and got upset about it.

Was thinking of picking up The Swapper on the Humble Store but then I realised the only reason I was going to do so (despite the praise it's got) was because it was discounted by 75%, I wasn't seriously considering getting it before that. I don't really have the money to spare on buying games for the sake of it this close to Christmas time! I'll still be keeping an eye out on the site for future deals though.

TokiDoki

Is Fable 3 good anyway ? I love Fable 1 , finished Fable 2 just for the sake of finishing and never bothered about 3 . Heard Molyneux wasn't happy with the metacritics score .

Jawmuncher

Is Fable 3 good anyway ? I love Fable 1 , finished Fable 2 just for the sake of finishing and never bothered about 3 . Heard Molyneux wasn't happy with the metacritics score .

I personally thought 3 was better than 2 in just about every way.
If you don't mind GFWL and are in the mood for some fable it's worth playing.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
My favourite memory of that game is being forbidden from attacking most things in the environment, including chairs. A red "X" will overlay on your crosshair and you just won't be able to attack.
Yeah, the game tells you during the tutorial that it won't allow shooting innocent people, animals or corpses.

To me, the worst part was getting a "Failure. You went the wrong way" game over message during a mission.

Caerith

Can't be that hard. Detroit went from 1.8mil in the 1950s to 700k in 2012. If detroit can shed over half their population, you gotta wonder why Gotham still has as many people as it apparently does :D
Gotham has jobs. Detroit doesn't.

I played Asylum recently and, even though I haven't played City recently, I found myself missing a lot of the improvements, like being able to grapple in mid-air, being able to use multiple gadgets in combat, more takedowns, etc. Other than that, I like Asylum more-- it felt more cohesive, while City's open world ended up feeling kinda disjointed (but I liked the idea and think a full on Gotham City game could work well).

Either game has me fairly annoyed at Harley Quinn, who written as flat/static with no conflict or sense of humor.

oipic

4GB update for X-Com Enemy Unknown. Wut?

Yeah, this pre-emptive, presumptive downloading of DLC, and probably even more so fully-fledged 'expansions' such as Enemy Within, is getting old - particularly when they total 4GB.

I hope Valve (and devs) one day find a better and more elegant solution to this than simply setting a game to not auto-update. There has been some work in the recent Steam client updates on the download management front, so perhaps the chance to 'download/update only core game files' or some such thing may be an option one day (you know, before DLC/expansions hit, I dunno, say, ~10 GB in a year or two).

... although I'm guessing this particularly clumsy XCOM update is more to do with how deeply integrated Enemy Within is into the original game (even if you don't have/own it).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Keep it that way. Blops 1 was pretty fun, but the rest have sucked.
I always thought the best Blops experience was putting on a copy of Cosmo's Factory by Creedence and pressing the play button. Or just play the beginning of the Vietnam mission for "Fortunate son".

valouris

Yeah, this pre-emptive, presumptive downloading of DLC, and probably even more so fully-fledged 'expansions' such as Enemy Within, is getting old - particularly when they total 4GB.

I hope Valve (and devs) one day find a better and more elegant solution to this than simply setting a game to not auto-update. There has been some work in the recent Steam client updates on the download management front, so perhaps the chance to 'download/update only core game files' or some such thing may be an option one day (you know, before DLC/expansions hit, I dunno, say, ~10 GB in a year or two).

... although I'm guessing this particularly clumsy XCOM update is more to do with how deeply integrated Enemy Within is into the original game (even if you don't have/own it).

I also seem to be downloading this update although I have bought Enemy Within. I am in Europe and I think the game hasn't been released yet.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Making everyone who owns XCOM EU download a 4 gb update for EW is brilliant. Makes it 10x harder to hold off on the DLC. Like, it's right there. It could be mine so easily.

MNC

So, after having finished a few useless indie games just for clearing the backlog (With the exception of the Swapper, that game was greaaaaaaat!) decided to start a bigger game: Assassin's Creed 1. That game is fun so far! Played about two hours. I like just going about a town and doing a simple mission or something. The missions are very clear cookiecutter though. I think it helps that I hardly played any of the new Assassin's Creeds so I don't know what I am missing gameplay wise so far.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Original AssCreed is Best AssCreed, although Renaissance Italy is my favourite setting of the series thus far. I'm starting to get anxious for Black Flag -- only a week to go!

Original AssCreed is Best AssCreed, although Renaissance Italy is my favourite setting of the series thus far. I'm starting to get anxious for Black Flag -- only a week to go!
Orignal Ass Creed should be called Assassin's Creed: Repetition. I quit halfway and watched the rest on Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom