• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Quorra was definitely one of the high points of Tron: Legacy for me. And now I'm tempted to change my avatar from Mako Mori to Quorra. I'd be going from a sexy/tough/cute black-haired Action Girl with a short bob to... a sexy/tough/cute black-haired Action Girl with a short bob. Um... yeah.
The only time I actually felt she was a character was in Tron: Uprising, but she had some decent action scenes in Legacy.

Arthea

I find it hard to believe that all of the euro zones have unlimited bandwidth.

I find hard to believe opposite. It's 21st century we live in!
not really, I know that in remote rural areas they still have limited bandwidth and bad connection in general, not stable, no choices either, in accord to your SP reference.

Yeah, Quorra was definitely one of the high points of Tron: Legacy for me. And now I'm tempted to change my avatar from Mako Mori to Quorra. I'd be going from a sexy/tough/cute black-haired Action Girl with a short bob to... a sexy/tough/cute black-haired Action Girl with a short bob. Um... yeah.
I say change it.
The only time I actually felt she was a character was in Tron: Uprising, but she had some decent action scenes in Legacy.
How was the show? I've only watched the first two episodes.

Knurek

Here in Poland we had data caps for dial-up, and have them now for mobile usage. Everything else is uncapped (speeds are so so though, I have 4Mb/s for about 15$ a month)
Lots of ISPs to choose from, so maybe that's the driving force.

How was the show? I've only watched the first two episodes.
The pilot was kind of rough and the friends subplot gets in the way of shuffling the episode order a bit to make things flow a bit better, but Quorra shows up in an early episode and from then on it gets better and better. The only problem is that Disney killed the show on a cliffhanger, so there's near zero closure. The soundtrack is great too.

Joe Molotov

oh no a 4gb patch how will we ever live

BTW, to everyone that's pissed off about the XCOM 4GB patch because "it must be forcing me to download Enemy Within, I never asked for this, I'm never buying a 2K game again!!!", I just downloaded the 4GB patch and then bought Enemy Within, and now it's downloading 7.2GB, so the 4GB IS NOT Enemy Within.

BTW, to everyone that's pissed off about the XCOM 4GB patch because "it must be forcing me to download Enemy Within, I never asked for this, I'm never buying a 2K game again!!!", I just downloaded the 4GB patch and then bought Enemy Within, and now it's downloading 7.2GB, so the 4GB IS NOT Enemy Within.

Maybe they are forcing everybody to download The Bureau.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe they are forcing everybody to download The Bureau.

jxrQuqnsfzCPq_e.jpg

derExperte

Germany's Dt. Telekom is trying to introduce data caps with ridiculously low volumes compared to steadily growing file sizes. We're not there yet (2016 is the goal) but it could mean a jump back in time to the late 90s.

Talking XCOM they really need to get Codebreakers fixed so that The Bureau is at least playable for those affected without having to resort to the workaround copy malarkey.

What's the problem?

I just leave my downloads running, I don't even know what I'm downloading. Sometimes I just uninstall all the games on Steam so I can re-install all of them. I care not for the cyber environment, I'll let Next-Gen worry about the D-Zone Layer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
BTW, to everyone that's pissed off about the XCOM 4GB patch because "it must be downloading Enemy Within, I never asked for this!!!", I just downloaded the 4GB patch and then bought Enemy Within, and now it's downloading 7.2GB, so the 4GB IS NOT Enemy Within.

Here's what I think: the Enemy Within depots double as a patch for Enemy Unknown and so certain files within those depots were pushed through to owners of Enemy Unknown regardless of whether or not they owned the DLC. Virtually all of the files that were updated are either general asset files (the largest of which is just 38MB) or pre-rendered videos.

masterkajo

The 4GB is maybe some bug fixes for the base game plus the preparation for the EW DLC. I still think publisher should try to minimize such file sizes for patches. It takes forever to download (with my internet speeds at least) and it fills my cap pretty fast.

What a 'patch' used to mean...

A small piece of material affixed to another, larger piece to conceal, reinforce, or repair a worn area, hole, or tear.

4GB isn't exactly small to some people who are stuck with download caps. But since I'm not one of those people... tallyho, off to download some more stuff.

Deques

Happy birthday to me! ^^ I told earlier that I will be doing a small giveaway. Here it is

It's semi big one. This is a code drop of most spares that I have been collecting during this year. I am bad at organizing leftovers so you have to excuse me if they are used. I hope that all these are unused codes

ModBot said:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deques, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sanctum TD -- MB-1D59AE64D4DF3CD8 - Taken by drizzle. 10 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-A350722DA7577E08 - Taken by FauX. 1 entrants total. - Taken by FauX. 1 entrants total.
Iron Brigade -- MB-A478C10B16A44E81 - Taken by webrunner. 7 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-22E7F18C005CC600 - Taken by Kirosia. 9 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-5997EB09B230BCE1 - Taken by kulapik. 29 entrants total.
Afterfall Insanity Extended Editio -- MB-E0CC91DCDEC15EDD - Taken by Servizio. 9 entrants total.
Turba -- MB-74096391CA11AEBD - Taken by Milamber. 1 entrants total.
SpaceChem #2 -- MB-9F406D2B2C816ECA - Taken by galvatron
SpaceChem #1 -- MB-5A61494751CB5D2D - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 1 entrants total.
Awesomenauts -- MB-C933B9D71781DEA2 - Taken by Dambrosi. 5 entrants total.
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-E4D1B46742610781 - Taken by Camel Master. 5 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-7C21EA27161EAF19 - Taken by valouris. 7 entrants total.
Miner Wars Arena -- MB-CCC7415BD7EEF057 - Taken by yoshizzle
Hard Reset -- MB-546587AF431BAD06 - Taken by sapsari. 16 entrants total.
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-ADCF89F9D44E416B - Taken by Li Kao. 10 entrants total.
Hydrophobia #2 -- MB-34092CDB62B62796 - Taken by Fuu. 3 entrants total.
39 Steps -- MB-CFC673651362CA32 - Taken by super-famicom. 5 entrants total.
Hydrophobia #1 -- MB-1F33D2A75F0B0F34 - Taken by RionaaM. 1 entrants total.
Ignite -- MB-35DEDBC9DB971C4B - Taken by adaen. 2 entrants total.
Aquaria -- MB-BFC20359A5CE10F1 - Taken by Saikyo. 2 entrants total.
Judge Dredd: Dredd Vs Death -- MB-1D5EAEDCFA95723D - Taken by Casimir. 7 entrants total.
SPAZ -- MB-15E8521D1102D6A4 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Vessel -- MB-65A117CA7CEE173E - Taken by AsylumX. 2 entrants total.
Gatling Gears -- MB-9D470DB822501964 - Taken by intheinbetween. 6 entrants total.

t1384354162z1.png

Happy birthday to me! ^^ I told earlier that I will be doing a small giveaway. Here it is

It's semi big one. This is a code drop of most spares that I have been collecting during this year. I am bad at organizing leftovers so you have to excuse me if they are used. I hope that all these are unused codes

Happy Birthday indeed!

The pilot was kind of rough and the friends subplot gets in the way of shuffling the episode order a bit to make things flow a bit better, but Quorra shows up in an early episode and from then on it gets better and better. The only problem is that Disney killed the show on a cliffhanger, so there's near zero closure. The soundtrack is great too.
Too bad.
MW3 ran fine for me, weird.

Happy birthday to me! ^^
Happy birthday!!

Derrick01

Banned
You motherfuckers complaining about a 4gb patch should get better internet and bigger hard drives.

Jesus fuck people, it's not the end of the world.

You got the $150 a month it would cost me to upgrade my internet with the only provider in my area?

I don't have a bandwidth cap and my speed is decent enough for a 4gb patch but I'm going to really suffer with this next generation of games all being 40+gb.

Happy Birthday you fine fellow GAFer :).

Thanks for the giveaway!

MRORANGE

Happy Birthday.

I want to do a reformat and go from 8 to 8.1, but I don't know if I want to deal with the various issues with the OS.

Not that many games use raw mouse input.

I'm not a big fan of Windows 8, if it was a media centre stye PC build then yeah maybe, but for gaming? eeehhhhh.

Windows 7 is rock solid and just works with none of the extra fluff.

Reckoner

Happy birthday! Great giveaway you got there! :)

73V3N

Banned

Happy birthday! and thank you.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You got the $150 a month it would cost me to upgrade my internet with the only provider in my area?

I don't have a bandwidth cap and my speed is decent enough for a 4gb patch but I'm going to really suffer with this next generation of games all being 40+gb.

Then you don't have a problem. Just leave shit downloading overnight. Hell, I used to do it. WITH a bandwidth cap.

Nice Giveaway. Happy BIrthday!

Reckoner

I want to do a reformat and go from 8 to 8.1, but I don't know if I want to deal with the various issues with the OS.

Not that many games use raw mouse input.

I just used this fix and it's all working fine. If you're gonna to be playing Bf4 (which I already know you play, Grief), then Windows 8 is the way to go. And it's not as bad as people say it is. I installed it with low expectations and I'm really liking the OS, so far. It just works, not need to install av software and all that stuff and if I want to go to a specific app I just press the Windows key and start typing, or I can always pin it to the metro menu or taskbar.

Deques

Happy Birthday!

Edit: Congratulations to Dice. :)

Happy Birthday Deques!

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday indeed!

Too bad.
MW3 ran fine for me, weird.

Happy birthday!!

Happy Birthday you fine fellow GAFer :).

Thanks for the giveaway!

Happy Birthday..

Happy birthday! Great giveaway you got there! :)

Great giveaway Deques, and happy birthday!

Happy birthday! and thank you.

Nice Giveaway. Happy BIrthday!

Thanks everyone. I will repost the giveaway a few times so everyone will have a chance to win something from me.

I thought that there would be way more games to giveaway. I was wrong. Going to check if there are more games in my spares

Annnnd just to screw with your recap post, happy birthday Deques! :D

Thank you :)

Hawkie

What's the problem?

In short the Codebreakers DLC doesn't work (pre-orders got it free) and renders your game save unusable without a workaround. Steam recognises that you have the DLC but it is not listed any more/ has been removed from the DLC tab. Trying to start Codebreakers on the map (which is integrated into the game during the main story) therefore crashes the game out and you cannot use your save. This happened to me about 8hrs in as I was not aware of the issue. The issue has been around for 6-8 weeks at least now with no response from Steam or 2K despite it being a fairly common issue.

Milamber

Thanks everyone. I will repost the giveaway a few times so everyone will have a chance to win something from me.

I thought that there would be way more games to giveaway. I was wrong. Going to check if there are more games in my spares

Thank you :)

Happy birthday. Now go and try to play a steam game.

Altazor

happy birthday Deques and thanks for the giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom