• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every AssCreed should be named AssCreed Repetition. :p
The latter games got nothing on the first one. AC1 is basically this, "Go to a city, report to the bureau contact, investigate, assassinate target, report back to contact, report to your boss, then go to a new city" .

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Being able to chat without using the client is the point. ;) If you use web chat, you'll show up as online with a little globe icon opposite your status.

Huh, didn't know that. Sweet.

I guess offline bypass is the way to go then.

LbMQ4xP.gif

thosewerethedays.mp3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The latter games got nothing on the first one. AC1 is basically this, "Go to a city, report to the bureau contact, investigate, assassinate target, report back to contact, report to your boss, then go to a new city" .

I certainly agree the game is rather limited in terms of secondary mission variety. Within the context of AssCreed games, I'm particularly fond of it simply because, despite its flaws, it's the entry that most succeeds at making the player feel like an assassin.

thosewerethedays.mp3

Ah, dial-up. How I don't miss you at all.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I know everyone exists in a constant fragile mental state in this thread and I don't want to blow any minds, but what if that 4gb patch is assets that your friend will be able to use in multiplayer against you (the mechs, etc.) and they have to have you download them for continued compatibility? Because that's exactly what WH40K Dawn of War 2 did and it got a whole "shit on Steam" thread from Water Wendi.

I know everyone exists in a constant fragile mental state in this thread and I don't want to blow any minds, but what if that 4gb patch is assets that your friend will be able to use in multiplayer against you (the mechs, etc.) and they have to have you download them for continued compatibility? Because that's exactly what WH40K Dawn of War 2 did and it got a whole "shit on Steam" thread from Water Wendi.

In that case they could have offered an option compatibility pack for people who wanted to play against them.

Sure that would be more work, but their choice means them getting shit on for an extra 4GB for a game I don't own or best case a mode I would never play.

True. The saying should be "it is only a AAA game

Now that's a credo I can get behind!

Thanks for the inspiration :D.

Yeah, the game tells you during the tutorial that it won't allow shooting innocent people, animals or corpses.

To me, the worst part was getting a "Failure. You went the wrong way" game over message during a mission.

Tut, tut! Follow the orange blob! It's a carrot on a stick and you are a donkey. How else is the dev supposed to get you to go the right way?

:p

Glad you're enjoying it though. I had a lot of fun with it despite its obvious flaws. Of course much of that was from taking screens and writing rude captions for them but that's pretty much any game now I think about it so let's just pretend I didn't say that.

Gotham has jobs. Detroit doesn't.

I played Asylum recently and, even though I haven't played City recently, I found myself missing a lot of the improvements, like being able to grapple in mid-air, being able to use multiple gadgets in combat, more takedowns, etc. Other than that, I like Asylum more-- it felt more cohesive, while City's open world ended up feeling kinda disjointed (but I liked the idea and think a full on Gotham City game could work well).

Either game has me fairly annoyed at Harley Quinn, who written as flat/static with no conflict or sense of humor.

Harley Quinn was one of the [few] highlights of either game for me :/. I don't really remember the character from the comics though so perhaps that's why we feel differently? I really enjoy the OTT approach of the voice actress. With each line it feels like she is saying to me "This is ludicrous. I know this is ludicrous. You know it is ludicrous. Let's all just enjoy how ludicrous it is."

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
In that case they could have offered an option compatibility pack for people who wanted to play against them.

Sure that would be more work, but their choice means them getting shit on for an extra 4GB for a game I don't own or best case a mode I would never play.

You are complaining in a thread dedicated to a service built around downloading shit they will never play.

I only have 3.5GB left in my monthly allowance. Now my steam download section is stuck in limbo with this "paused" game.

Since when can't we be obsessive compulsive about something like that?

Got WaW yesterday, and omg. Still love the ever loving fuck out of it. The last great CoD if you were to ask me.

I also completely forgot about the gore.

Milamber

I only have 3.5GB left in my monthly allowance. Now my steam download section is stuck in limbo with this "paused" game.

Since when can't we be obsessive compulsive about something like that?
I was going to ask why don't you switch providers if that cap is that much of a problem but then I remembered this...

nz7efET.jpg

Wish Google fibre provided worldwide service. It was only recently, last year that my country got fibre. But the prices are terrible.

Hawkie

Talking XCOM they really need to get Codebreakers fixed so that The Bureau is at least playable for those affected without having to resort to the workaround copy malarkey.

Forkball

I've been playing some of the Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior beta. It's a lot of fun and the new classes are really interesting. It still feels a bit unpolished even this close to release, but I recommend it to Chivalry fans.

Arthea

Downloading? Not so much. Buying? Sure!

Well, I do have half of my gaming dedicated HD filled with games (that would be around 500GB), some of them I even played a little.
Then again not all of them are steam games.

I was going to ask why don't you switch providers if that cap is that much of a problem but then I remembered this...

questionable.pic

What exactly have you remembered? I'm ashamed to say... I don't get reference.

I'm wondering if it's the language packs where you can opt to have your soldiers speak different languages.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You motherfuckers complaining about a 4gb patch should get better internet and bigger hard drives.

Jesus fuck people, it's not the end of the world.

Thanks to Hinomura for Star Wolves 3!

3 ModBots? how long until all the mods on GAF are replaced with ModBots?

You motherfuckers complaining about a 4gb patch should get better internet and bigger hard drives.

solid solution...

Hey, it could be worse, like not being able to download content you paid for because the publisher gave vendors the wrong Steam product keys.

Yeah, I'm very bitter about 2k fucking up that for XCOM: EW.

Dr Dogg

My top tip.

Even with stupidly backward broadband I do all my updates and downloads when I'm asleep. Last time I checked I'm not sat in front of my pc whilst I'm sleeping.

Jawmuncher

My top tip.

Even with stupidly backward broadband I do all my updates and downloads when I'm asleep. Last time I checked I'm not sat in front of my pc whilst I'm sleeping.

For the few updates that have snuck there way here that's what I try to do.
But the connection here download wise is really on and off so I wake up to find out it only did 25% before giving up on life. Really wish Steam would stay forced to download as long as it knows it's connected to the internet.

Hell yeah! Quorra is such a awesome character and design.
I was a bit sad that I didn't find Olivia Wilde as great in some of her other roles compared to that.

Dr Dogg

For the few updates that have snuck there way here that's what I try to do.
But the connection here download wise is really on and off so I wake up to find out it only did 25% before giving up on life. Really wish Steam would stay forced to download as long as it knows it's connected to the internet.

Yeah it's not exactly the best solution and if something you wanted to dive into has an update and you're haven't disabled it you knackered. Sometimes I've been waiting 3 nights for stuff to finish.

I'd love Steam to get an update/download scheduler that you can set which hours you want to check for updates and when you can download them. Can see that really going down well with people with capped bandwidth usage but have free or low cost off peak usage.

Jawmuncher

Yeah it's not exactly the best solution and if something you wanted to dive into has an update and you're haven't disabled it you knackered. Sometimes I've been waiting 3 nights for stuff to finish.

I'd love Steam to get an update/download scheduler that you can set which hours you want to check for updates and when you can download them. Can see that really going down well with people with capped bandwidth usage but have free or low cost off peak usage.

Yeah Something like that would definitely be good. Steam will get there slowly but surely.

-________________________________________________________________________-

So for the steamapps backup onto an HDD it's just copy that folder right?
The games doesn't have to be actually installed on the HDD so long as the download is complete right?

whoa...missed that, what happened with XCOM?
Gonna quote this great post from the 2k XCOM forums:
Watching this closely it appears it is not Steam nor any of the other retailers faults, it is 2k (plain and simple, full stop). Without going nuts on it, read the 'wall-o-text' post where someone explained a very viable description of the problem with a lot of hard to argue facts.

Thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/200510...1126936186854/
Post #259 (page 18 if showing 15 responses/page) by user Bio2hazard

Then you can look at GMGs response to the issue and see that they specifically are in touch with 2k and state there is nothing they can do beyond this as it is up to them.

Thread: https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/e...-12th-Nov-2013

So basically it seems the staggered release dates set by 2k, coupled with a mistake by someone to not update the proper depots as described by the person I linked above, has resulted in us all seeing an acknowledgment that we own the proper dlc, but the asset id associated with the people who did not purchase directly from Steam has yet to be updated and only 2k can do this. So...glad I both pre-ordered this and glad I did not purchase directly from Steam (although that should not have been a problem).

I hope 2k sorts this out soon because the content/expansion sounds great and I can't wait to play it.

Tellaerin

Favorite thing about Tron:

Hell yeah! Quorra is such a awesome character and design.
I was a bit sad that I didn't find Olivia Wilde as great in some of her other roles compared to that.

Yeah, Quorra was definitely one of the high points of Tron: Legacy for me. And now I'm tempted to change my avatar from Mako Mori to Quorra. I'd be going from a sexy/tough/cute black-haired Action Girl with a short bob to... a sexy/tough/cute black-haired Action Girl with a short bob. Um... yeah.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If you know your bandwidth limit is that restrictive, you should be turning off automatic updates anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom