• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Little more than 1 hour left for the first day of Humble Store Debut Sale.

I've picked Swapper yesterday and I've decided to ditch both Rogue Legacy, because I dunno it used to click and now it doesn't click anymore, and Euro Truck, as I don't plan to play it anytime soon so I can wait.

But then, as we come near the switch to the new deals, I'm growing more and more eager to get ETS2. :D

Please god give me the
money
strength.

Grief.exe

Dino D-Day is faring better than Section 8. Game is fairly fun to play around with bots though.

6PDQSmc.png

i've seen ETS2 being hawked by traders for $4-$5 quite a bit during the steam sales, so if you're not going to play it immediately i'd wait around

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I have grave news for Brazilian Steam Users.

Recently, our great, amazing, wonderful and beautiful president passed a new "law" (or whatever it's called, amendment? whatever) that requires that any company that charges in Brazilian Reais (our local currency) to have a local representation in the country. Otherwise, banks are supposed to not allow the purchase to go through. My Bank (Banco do Brasil) apparently does not care about that and let the purchases through, but it charges IOF on top of it.

Steam, on my credit card account, always lists itself being from GB (Great Britain). They charge in Reais, but the origin of the charge is from another country. Every international purchase has a tax applied on top of it called IOF, which is 6.38%.

So, for every International Credit Card purchase Brazilians make on Steam, there's a 6.38% tax applied on top of it, even if the Credit Card is charged in Reais, because Valve does not have local representation in Brazil.

For instance: I purchased the Greenlight Submission Subscription for JaseC because it was cheaper here (169.99 BRL, aka 73 USD). I had some money on my Steam Wallet, so my CC only got charged 163.81 BRL. Since the charge originated from GB (Great Britain), I was charged an extra 10.45 BRL (4.46 USD) for that transaction.

I wonder if there are alternate local payment options (other than Boleto Bancario). I should research that next time.

FloatOn

midweek madness:

Defiance $5

Lost Planet 3 $25

If you want to play the crappier version of Destiny before it comes out go with Defiance. I got 20 hours of enjoyment out of it.

FloatOn

How's this game on the DLC department? Is there any stuff I should get aside from the mains game?

Is it worth it?

From what the season pass says there are 5 dlc expansions coming out. I think the first one already came out but that was after I stopped playing.

The base game is fine for some mindless shooting. Ho-hum mmo quests though and appropriately syfy level nonsense in the story department.

derExperte

GAF is back and Be Mine X got Pid as a bonus game. Plus Jazz, Trump's Journey.

Also the Pinball Arcade tables can now be bought outside of the game.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
New Humble Store games:

Papers, Please
Antichamber
Blade Symphony Pre-order
Receiver
Guild Wars 2
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Alan Wake Franchise

Hawkie

Does the problem occur if you buy the DLC normally now? I was planning on buying it when I eventually get the game but I may avoid it now.

The forums suggest "Yes" it happens to anyone with the DLC as far as I understand it.

There is a fix where you manually copy the contents of the DLC folder into the XGame folder and then run the Steam verify function followed by a 114mb automatic update. That's what I have done to carry on my playthrough but nothing official as yet.

Knurek

Is the Humble Store region specific? I can't see GW2 or Blood Dragon in the UK

From Humble Twitter:

Guild Wars + Blood Dragon are only available in NA, but our international customers can save big on Alan Wake, Planetary Annihilation & more

*sigh*

I was going through my bundles and it turns out there tons of stuff here that i have or am not interested in...I'll do these in batches or something..
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-33E0E433FEAAB443 - Taken by okayfrog
English Country Tune -- MB-42EEF96E1D194B29 - Taken by KenOD
Legends of Dawn -- MB-C88FC48C23BA7D0A - Taken by Japle
Eets Munchies -- MB-BA673FE80532A075 - Taken by Purkake4
LIMBO -- MB-B5E08E007FAE446B - Taken by bloke
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-657B33D6FDC38730 - Taken by Madrugador
Oil Rush Steam Key -- MB-535452E718975403 - Taken by GaussTek
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-AAE088E77E7660DE - Taken by ClassyPenguin
Intrusion 2 -- MB-5883015D66010119 - Taken by Mr. Poolman
Leviathan: Warships Steam Key -- MB-FB177CFDCC348188 - Taken by Exuro

Enjoy!

Copons

I NEW I HAD TO BUY ETS2 GODDAMIT! :D

I'm not interested in anything today, except Papers Please but I'm willing to wait for Steam Sales (as current lowest price was just slightly higher on Steam, but there I can use card money).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom