• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynoro

From Humble Twitter:

Guild Wars + Blood Dragon are only available in NA, but our international customers can save big on Alan Wake, Planetary Annihilation & more

*sigh*

I don't see them as "Humble" anymore, it's more of a brand name now.

Shame that they had to go this way - at least the USD values are cheaper than GBP for most games so I make a saving on the games they have.

PriitV

I NEW I HAD TO BUY ETS2 GODDAMIT! :D

I'm not interested in anything today, except Papers Please but I'm willing to wait for Steam Sales (as current lowest price was just slightly higher on Steam, but there I can use card money).
You're a bad person!

Clawww

394596047_640.jpg

Picked this up through GameFly yesterday for 8 bucks (Sale + November discount code; Steam key), played around a bit this afternoon.

The game claims Wu Xia inspiration so if that sounds good to you right off the bat, go for it, because it's true. The game's overall style borrows from that genre, and also takes some inspiration from Devil May Cry and other stylish action games. The story is pretty generic, but I really dig the music and art.

The combat is pretty damn good. It definitely takes a little while to get going and start doing cool stuff, but there are lots of very cool, very satisfying moves to pull off. You swap between two different main characters, both of whom have distinct movesets, so there's a good amount of variety. The first character has a very neat shadow-dash, so you can dodge and weave around while fighting, which I always love. The other guy can summon Ki swords, similar to Vergil from DMC, and use these as a barrier and offensively; his double jump relies on stepping off these swords, which is fucking sweet. It's not quite as fluid as DMC, but you feel very powerful. There's an active ranking indicator while you fight, so you can feel good when you're really tearing shit up. Swapping characters on the fly in the middle of a fight is something I've longed for in an action game.

The game has local co-op, a local duel mode where you can 1v1 as the two different characters, and a training mode. Very nice.

Can't speak to the length of the game since I'm not that far in. There are multiple difficulties, and a decent amount of moves to unlock and upgrade between the two characters.

Worth picking up if it looks interesting to you or if you're itching for an action game--a very solid offering.

Controller notes: it detects your gamepad but it didn't configure it to my 360 controller by default. It was quick and easy to map everything, though. I recommend setting 'special' to one of the triggers or bumpers, since you need to use it frequently in conjunction with your attacks; the rest can be mapped to the face buttons easily.

Baha

Probably old but if you purchased Mousecraft when it was on sale awhile back from the devs, you can now get a steam key. Check your emails.

Tellaerin

I say change it.

How was the show? I've only watched the first two episodes.

Seconded and I heard a lot of good things about the show.
I need to watch it myself though.

Done!

Tron: Uprising was fantastic. Great visuals, great soundtrack, and tight writing - the one area where I felt Tron: Legacy missed the mark. Like most new series, it takes a few episodes to find its footing (though even the early episodes are pretty solid), but once it hits its stride, it's amazing. (The fact that you had film and television actors voicing the characters rather than your typical cartoon VA's probably didn't hurt, either.) Definitely recommended if you have even the slightest interest in Tron.

Happy birthday to me! ^^

Happy birthday, man! : )

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ WB give 2nd week games
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Humble y no regional pricing plz

Well steam sales are so close, can wait for them to pick up Blood Dragon for example. Bundles have spoiled me too though, as the value is just insane and buying from Humble store makes you think "will this game appear a bundle.." so didn't buy anything yet. With 400+ steam games in backlog it's probably a good stance. Still almost bought The Swapper - don't know much of the game but been happy with many GAF recommendations so far, they've been great to
watch in steam library grid view

That new Bundlestars is really a rehash of all earlier bundles. Not bad but I already got those.

derExperte

I NEW I HAD TO BUY ETS2 GODDAMIT! :D

So you didn't. I'm not a native English speaker so I don't know enough words to express my disappointment in you. Let me just say that it hurts.

What also hurts is that Dungeonland went f2p and people who bought it before get no card drops. Boooo.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron was fucking incredible. It's gonna be hard for any game to top that this month. Everything about it was just pure joy. None of the difficulty achievements unlocked so I'll have to be satisfied with these two:

tillallareonev3ile.png

10824662433_7a880ab525_o.gif

FloatOn

New Humble Store games:

Papers, Please
Antichamber
Blade Symphony Pre-order
Receiver
Guild Wars 2
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Alan Wake Franchise

Blade Symphony is going to be amazing. It's pretty good right now despite it's "early access" status.

It's like a cocktail of dark souls pvp, jedi knight and bushido blade

get on it steamgaf

Phinor

Man, regional restrictions in Humble store. First time I'm disappointed with Humble Bundle. It'll only get worse from here on out.

Oh well, it was a good run.

Milamber

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron was fucking incredible. It's gonna be hard for any game to top that this month. Everything about it was just pure joy. None of the difficulty achievements unlocked so I'll have to be satisfied with these two:

http://abload.de/img/tillallareonev3ile.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3674/10824662433_7a880ab525_o.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[I]*sees the gif*[/I]

Oh... well crap... I got spoilered.

[I]*drags both cybertrons to the bottom of steam wishlist*[/I]

tillallareonev3ile.png

good to hear man. Going through WofC now. Looking forward to picking up FofC if they every drop the MSRP

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I was going through my bundles and it turns out there tons of stuff here that i have or am not interested in...I'll do these in batches or something..

Enjoy!

Thank you for English Country Tune.

I wonder if Legends of Dawn is really as bad as people say though?

A rather nice collection of titles. Pixel Boy I'll get for sure, and I'll recommend Gunman Clive easily (it has a Duck mode), and a good handful are easily worth a look at least.

I think you are high. That's not even a Prime, let alone Optimus.

All Transformers look alike with the same basic models of only so many variations. Which is amazing that the create-a-character option isn't more... fleshed(?) out.

Tellaerin

A decepticon Optimus Prime is plenty spoily to me.

EDIT: I think that's Prime...

Prime? The spinning blade on his arm makes me think that Decepticon transforms into a Cybertronian helicopter. Or possibly a windmill. But definitely not a truck, Cybertronian or otherwise*.

*note: Hasn't actually played the game.

derFeef

wait, there are Transformers fighting? Damn Stall, spoilers.
Never considered those games - not into Transformers at all. What makes them good games?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How am I supposed to know? I never played the game. The head was familiar, that's it.

I thought it was like the movies where he can get add-on parts on him.

If you can't even tell one transformer from another why would you care about plot spoilers.

Optimus is way too good in his heart to turn decepticon. That would be like terribad fanfic.

\
wait, there are Transformers fighting? Damn Stall, spoilers.
Never considered those games - not into Transformers at all. What makes them good games?
1. Robots
2. They transform
3. Awesome dialogue
4. Awesome plot twists
5. Starscream is a mega dick as always and the best thing ever
6. The devs clearly had a fantastic time making these games
7. War for Cybertron has incredible co-op for the campaign
8. The variety is fantastic and all modes of movement are fun
9. You go in space sometimes in the games
10. Robots

Derrick01

Banned
Seeing how horrendous Dead Rising 3 performs on Xbox One I'm actually hoping MS lets it come to PC eventually. It practically needs it now like Lords of Shadow needed it. 10-15fps :lol

Tenrius

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is a pretty bland game after all. Occasionally it's so boring that Assassin's Creed II looks good in comparison. Well, I've only played through roughly the first two chapters of the former (they are quite lengthy, I played 3 hours in total), so more on that later.

Derrick01

Banned
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is a pretty bland game after all. Occasionally it's so boring that Assassin's Creed II looks good in comparison. Well, I've only played through roughly the first two chapters of the former (they are quite lengthy, I played 3 hours in total), so more on that later.

You've touched like 10% of the overall game then and even I hate the first chapter of LoS. There's a lot of cool stuff ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom