• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a little rough and goofy with the hit detection last I played it, but it's a ton of fun with friends -- definitely a unique multiplayer game.

hope that hit detection doesn't ruin the game, but it's still in development so there's room for improvement I guess. I'll sleep it over and choose tomorrow about buying it or not

I played a bit of the demo and it seemed to scratch that "where is shovel knight?" itch.

Is it a PixyJunket special?
Haha, I didn't there was such a thing. *\o/*

I didn't spend much time with the demo, but I liked it.

I've mostly been following this as it was in the very first day batch (or close to that) of Greelight games and I just love how NES it looks (the sound is off, in regards to that, but maybe that'll change).

Grief.exe

Whats this I hear? Is Day Z standalone finally getting released this week and will be on steam also on release day...

The release is coming up soon, but no official date yet. I doubt it will release this week though, but all staff is currently working on pushing it out instead of future content.

Needs a few more optimization passes on the server-side.

Fun facts about English language # 12334:

A pun has to be intended or it is not a pun.

Well that used to be the case but language changes and that isn't really the case anymore :(.

Hey! You kids get off my lawn!

Thanks for the interesting fact Woo.

You know the daily deal is kind of misleading with the art of Fallout 2 on it as it would imply to someone glancing over that it's just Fallout 2 on sale. I didn't see that it was actually the Fallout Classic Collection on sale until I clicked it.

I'm sure it's been discussed already and I guess they didn't have any art for the daily deal image for the collection.

Copons

Uh, I've just got 100% achievements in Scribblenauts Unlimited.
It's the second game on Steam I bother doing this (the other was Stacking), and just because the achies were extremely easy, as I didn't really enjoyed the game very much.
Funny that I only 100%ed 3 games in my whole life: Scribblenauts, Stacking and... Red Dead Redemption.

AHA-Lambda

What... the... fuck.

From the Humble Bundle Facebook page:

wtfprkcu.png

Really, guys? Come on.

So there are going to be bonus games?

Uh, I've just got 100% achievements in Scribblenauts Unlimited.
It's the second game on Steam I bother doing this (the other was Stacking), and just because the achies were extremely easy, as I didn't really enjoyed the game very much.
Funny that I only 100%ed 3 games in my whole life: Scribblenauts, Stacking and... Red Dead Redemption.

omgcat.gif

Even the dlc achievements?

Karu

Playing Don't Starve right now. Uh, sooo good! Well worth the money. Also bought The Wolf Among Us and played the first episode. Some UI-changes really benefited the play-experience. Story and characters are WAY more interesting than those of The Walking Dead, which underwhelmed me quite a bit.

Other than that.... 95 games, hitting that 100 mark soon-ish! =)

Copons

omgcat.gif

Even the dlc achievements?

Nope, just vanilla.
I never ever played any RDR DLC (actually, I didn't even knew they existed... I thought there was only Undead Nightmare) because... actually I never even bought RDR in the first place.
I... ahem... borrowed... it from this rich spoiled guy who didn't like it, but then I felt guilty so I "rushed" it, 100%ed it and put it back in his shelf before he even noticed it at all. :D

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Men of War -- MB-5E3448006C9E4E6A - Taken by bobnowhere
Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can -- MB-EA4DFED747C61ABE - Taken by okayfrog
pid -- MB-CDAA13D55534D802 - Taken by wetflame
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-EF18F9D71E931B51 - Taken by Karu
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-E0AB7811DA562F83 - Taken by Purkake4
Men of War: Red Tide -- MB-913D98D2BC1D5A88 - Taken by vvise
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-6446B62E6B01D51B - Taken by Freezard

Enjoy

Clawww

Not to mention the PC port is damn fine.
Was playing the hell out of it ealier this year. Was part of the indiegogo supporters that paid 35 dollars and I felt I got my money's worth at that price.

The game also looks amazing and has a really nice soundtrack, on top of being a good fighter.

Tellaerin

So there are going to be bonus games?

People were under the impression that there were bonus games because references to them were found in the HTML for the sale page. There were also Youtube videos up in the Humble Bundle channel for the games that were supposedly going to be added. So everyone's been waiting for the bonus games to drop.

Now I'm seeing posts like this, claiming that the bonus games did appear briefly, but then were pulled for some unknown reason, and if you didn't get lucky and redeem them when the keys appeared on your page, you missed out. If that's really the case, I'd love to know what the hell's going on over there.

Nope, just vanilla.
I never ever played any RDR DLC (actually, I didn't even knew they existed... I thought there was only Undead Nightmare) because... actually I never even bought RDR in the first place.
I... ahem... borrowed... it from this rich spoiled guy who didn't like it, but then I felt guilty so I "rushed" it, 100%ed it and put it back in his shelf before he even noticed it at all. :D

The other dlc was mainly just mp maps and characters, they added some other stuff like online for play for liars dice. Which had a ridiculous achievement where you had a win a full game of liars dice (4 players) with only one die left at the end of the game.

I played one game of liars dice online that took an hour and got the achievement, then never played it again.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out, I had a feeling it was just a mistake.

In celebration, you should do a Sequence give away via Modbot.

Lot of free copies of Sequence already went out to GAF folks. Thx by the way!

kurahador

Anyone know if Telltale will announce the release date of TWD Season 2 first before releasing the game?

Kinda want to buy something else right now, and I really hate to miss that small discount for TWD.

FloatOn

since I had the good fortune of my generous friend hooking me up with X:Rebirth I'm paying it forward somewhat with this.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-DF2475B8958E2F79 - Taken by Tellaerin. 41 entrants total.

t1384386474z1.png

JakeD

Anyone know if Telltale will announce the release date of TWD Season 2 first before releasing the game?

Kinda want to buy something else right now, and I really hate to miss that small discount for TWD.

i got halfway through a GMG order for $16 before i thought to double check and realized it wasn't a steam code.

Grief.exe

since I had the good fortune of my generous friend hooking me up with X:Rebirth I'm paying it forward somewhat with this.

Great giveaway Reality, one of my LTTP favorites of 2012.

Got it from pre-ordering Bioshock Infinite, actually ended up preferring Xcom by a wide margin.

Wow, nice giveaway. Thanks.

Btw, just bought Blood Dragon. They made me choose between a Steam or a Uplay key.

Easiest choice ever.

Let us know what you think of Blood Dragon, I want to get it but Uplay gives me pause.

i got halfway through a GMG order for $16 before i thought to double check and realized it wasn't a steam code. worse yet, according to a mod on the telltale forum, the ONLY way to get a steam copy is to buy through steam itself. all other retailers will be offering the telltale version. wouldn't bother me that much if it was DRM free, but it's not

Very strange that they would do that as Steamworks allows them to sell keys from their site for free.

You know the daily deal is kind of misleading with the art of Fallout 2 on it as it would imply to someone glancing over that it's just Fallout 2 on sale. I didn't see that it was actually the Fallout Classic Collection on sale until I clicked it.

I'm sure it's been discussed already and I guess they didn't have any art for the daily deal image for the collection.

yeah thats almost always how it is. Even though one game is 'featured', the deals generally apply to most games in a series

Clawww

Desura keys from Be Mine X

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Desura keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-118A5E58D64AE754 - Taken by MechaGodzilla. 2 entrants total.
Last Knight -- MB-F4FBB8985E8D91F5 - Taken by trailmix16. 2 entrants total.

t1384301964z1.png

kurahador

They will. The discount won't end before the game releases.
Hope you're right.
i got halfway through a GMG order for $16 before i thought to double check and realized it wasn't a steam code. worse yet, according to a mod on the telltale forum, the ONLY way to get a steam copy is to buy through steam itself. all other retailers will be offering the telltale version. wouldn't bother me that much if it was DRM free, but it's not

Figures. Kinda weird for Telltale doing this since they're one of those developers who got big thanks to steam (I think).

JakeD

Very strange that they would do that as Steamworks allows them to sell keys from their site for free.

found the thread again and realized i totally misread what they said. don't mind me gentlemen, i have no idea what im talking about. still mad about GMG though =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom