• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeD

picked up full bore for a buck, also operation smash on the last IGS sale. both seem neat. i honestly think i'll just grab every game that goes up from now on. worst case scenario i end up with a huge desura library of good indie games, best case i get steam keys later

I just had a Spelunky run where I got a shotgun on the very first crate I whipped open.

Breezed completely through to 3-2 aiming for the damsel achievement.... I was on the the eighth damsel that was a block below a cliff next to some spikes. I tried to drop down to the ledge and instead fell on the spikes......

jBkBW.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Our top ten most generous givers (number of games given that were claimed) since the beginning of ModBot history:
#1 JaseC (183 titles!)
#2 chugen
#3 xelios
#4 jshackles
#5 KarmaCow
#6 DyslexicAlucard
#7 Lain
#8 MRORANGE
#9 Gvaz
#10 Dusk Golem

Cth

Our top ten most generous givers (number of games given that were claimed) since the beginning of ModBot history:
#1 JaseC (183 titles!)
#2 chugen
#3 xelios
#4 jshackles
#5 KarmaCow
#6 DyslexicAlucard
#7 Lain
#8 MRORANGE
#9 Gvaz
#10 Dusk Golem

Thanks to all of the above, and everyone who continues to make SteamGAF a great place to hang out!

For everyone else, if you've got some spare change, consider checking out their wishlists and picking up something off their list.

neoism

Season pass done right...value wise.

Assuming the second part dlc will be $15 as well.

lol fuck that.. once the second part is out.. but making people wait for fucking 8 months is not how a season pass is dun right.. At least it will save me money down the road... its the last pass I will ever buy... Im waiting for the second part before playing the new DLC at all.. fuck 15 bones for 2 hours... the game was 60(got it for 35) and took 20+ hours ... yes it was awesome and amazing.. and well worth it but I think IR games fucked up with this dlc big time.... plus that first dlc that came out a few months ago was just shit together and not even worth playing

cicero

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant old games that haven't had any restoration work done to them -- games that Squeenix and TopWare have brought over wholesale from GOG don't have achievements, for example. DN3D: Megaton Edition and SWC: Redux I'd classify as remasters, same with FFVII.

Featuring toggle-able modern updates such as new paragraph voice over, new music tracks and updated portraits. Play in classic mode to get the original experience.

Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic does include improved graphics, new music, new voiceover work, newly integrated journal entries, new music, and added the much needed multiple save games. Maybe not a full "remaster" or "remake", but more of an updated semi-remake like the rerelease of The Lords of Midnight. It would be fun to have achievements though.

controversial opinion:

borderlands 1 > borderlands 2

the story nonsense is...good at times in 2, but having beat them both, i just don't want to put up with 2, i'd rather go back and play 1 and just blow shit up

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
#1 JaseC (183 titles!)
#2 chugen
#3 xelios
#4 jshackles
#5 KarmaCow
#6 DyslexicAlucard
#7 Lain
#8 MRORANGE
#9 Gvaz
#10 Dusk Golem

Sweet I made the list. :)

I still have over 100 keys to give out but didn't want to like... Modbot them all at once.

Cth

I found it odd at the time that people were trashing Prey for the death walk stuff making it too easy, but praising Bioshock for doing the same thing essentially with the Vita chambers.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-8E510078D4B5591C - Taken by BorntoPlay. 8 entrants total.

t1384307997z1.png

Please note the first rule: Only Junior Members should be able to win this game. I haven't tested this rule yet, so, uh, if you're not a junior and want the game you could easily just enter the raffle anyway and I wouldn't blame you if you won it because it'd help me with testing.

Dambrosi

Banned
they're taking a stance

against season passes

against publishers

against the exploitation of the consumer

for everything that is right and just

WHAT SIDE ARE YOU ON
I'm on the side of my wallet. Dunno about you, but that Season Pass looks mighty temptin'
as a Steam Sale daily deal
. Not too long now.

Season pass done right...value wise.

Assuming the second part dlc will be $15 as well.
WELCOME TO THE CIRCUS OF VALUE!!!

I found it odd at the time that people were trashing Prey for the death walk stuff making it too easy, but praising Bioshock for doing the same thing essentially with the Vita chambers.

All I can remember of that game is vagina doors and Native American stereotyping.

Tenrius

Any further word on those cheap ACIV/Watch Dogs preorders some of us placed last week? I mean, beyond that half-official confirmation from the Polish branch of Ubisoft.

kurahador

Never played Prey, but you can disable Vita chambers.
I'm on the side of my wallet. Dunno about you, but that Season Pass looks mighty temptin'
as a Steam Sale daily deal
. Not too long now.

Or you could ask someone from South America to buy it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
#1 JaseC (183 titles!)
#2 chugen
#3 xelios
#4 jshackles
#5 KarmaCow
#6 DyslexicAlucard
#7 Lain
#8 MRORANGE
#9 Gvaz
#10 Dusk Golem

183 giveaways and 0 entries. I'm like a Giveaway Jesus. :p

Edit: Oh, while you're here, I just remembered that you never got back to me about my issue with removing my Worms Revolution HIB "key" from ModBot. I forgive you, though, because I forgot all about it, too. ;)

Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic does include improved graphics, new music, new voiceover work, newly integrated journal entries, new music, and added the much needed multiple save games. Maybe not a full "remaster" or "remake", but more of an updated semi-remake like the rerelease of The Lords of Midnight. It would be fun to have achievements though.

Oh wow, that's fantastic. Disregard what I implied earlier, then!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
183 giveaways and 0 entries. I'm like a Giveaway Jesus. :p

To be fair no one has ever given away a game you don't own.

Edit: Oh, while you're here, I just remembered that you never got back to me about my issue with removing my Worms Revolution HIB "key" from ModBot. I forgive you, though, because I forgot all about it, too. ;)

Oh shit yeah. I just manually nuked it for you.

#1 JaseC (183 titles!)
#2 chugen
#3 xelios
#4 jshackles
#5 KarmaCow
#6 DyslexicAlucard
#7 Lain
#8 MRORANGE
#9 Gvaz
#10 Dusk Golem

Great work by all those donors. It helps make the thread special.

Hell Yeah 100% off vouchers are now available from the Gamefly Sonic transformed deal.

FauX

WOW at that Top Ten Giver Gaffers...
Thanks for your Generosity!

I wonder how many games I've been giving away with and without ModBot :(

JaseC

To be fair no one has ever given away a game you don't own.

Haha, there have been a few cases (the FF7 giveaway that Grief won a few months ago comes to mind), but I couldn't in good conscience enter considering I seldom play games. That said, I would jump on a licensed game, because they're ticking time bombs.

JaseC

What's the cheapest that you can get Injustice right now? If I can get it for less than 40 I'll jump on it.

$36 from GMG when using the code GMG20-P6Y1F-KC19F.

Edit: Oh, it doesn't work and GMG25-SGI75-S2ZJ9 has expired.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay judging by the 7 or 8 non-juniors who tried to win Scribblenauts and the fact that the game isn't claimed yet, the juniors only rule is working... now we just need a junior to come along and actually win it.

On that basis, I can open it to the public. Two new rules:
JUNIORSONLY
NOJUNIORS

purpose of both rules is fairly obvious.

That's great, I never got around to playing much of this one, but I really like their other games.

I wonder how lengthy/detailed it is, $3.99 is very cheap. I can't resist any adventure game that look like this and that has a modern-day setting though. It reminds me too much of classics like Zak McKracken!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Plagiarism aside, Borderlands 2 is still better than any game with the Bioshock title attached to it.

The games are pretty different, though. One is ultimately about the downfall of a group of people due largely to the hubris of one egotistical figurehead and the other is Bioshock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom