• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronson

Is (Blade Symphony) multiplayer only?
Yeah, that might change with time, but for now it's either friends or randoms online.

hope that hit detection doesn't ruin the game, but it's still in development so there's room for improvement I guess. I'll sleep it over and choose tomorrow about buying it or not
I haven't played it in a couple months -- they've undoubtedly improved it since then.
Risk of Rain is magnificent and highly addictive. This was the post that persuaded me to watch a few videos and download the demo. A few hours later I had bought the full game. It was completely worth it. If you enjoy the loot system and progressive difficulty of games like the Binding of Isaac there is a good chance you will enjoy this too: for me it pretty much scratches the same itch.
I ended up going with this. Kicking my ass hard so far. Will still check out Valdis and KA's Gold down the road.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Think I'm at the final mission of Gunpoint already :( What a game. I think there's an entire mission line I missed,
the police
, so I'll go back to play those.

I got a -75% coupon for Titan Attacks! Anyone want it?

Well you have me hyped for Valdis (it is just amongst about 10 other games I want to get!)

The manual that comes with the demo alone has all sorts of nostalgia.
Aw, I appreciate that.

I actually started writing my review today, it's going to be tough to keep my love/hype down.

I'm also glad I managed to do this:

voL5s8U.png

Before they dumb down the civilian rescue events in the next patch.

neoanarch

This probably isn't the place to do it but its on the front page so...

I have a Foul Play %33 and Volgarr %25 coupons that expire on the 16. Don't plan on buying either game. Anyone want one?

denx

So I don't have a credit card and my friend was trying to buy for me Bioshock Infinite and Civ 5 Brave New World from the Newegg 2K sale, but he couldn't cause the site rejected the transaction. Is it possible to get stuff from there from outside the US?

denx

If you can paypal the money pm me.

Well, I can't. My friend probably could, but his english is not that great (and he just went offline, great). It would be kinda messy and not ideal, so I'll have to pass that offer. :/ Thanks anyway!

So yeah, if we can't get/trick Newegg to accept the transaction from our end, then I guess I'll just have to wait for Bioshock and Civ 5 to go on sale somewhere else.

Also, Steam just went down for me. Can't get the client to go into online mode.

zkylon

zkylewd
Burial at Sea, 2nd top seller.
BioInf Season Pass, 4th top seller.

WHAT ARE PEOPLE DOING
they're taking a stance

against season passes

against publishers

against the exploitation of the consumer

for everything that is right and just

WHAT SIDE ARE YOU ON

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
For the people who like my game recommendations , here is a game that will sooner or later land on Steam anyway and you can grab it now for $1 (which gets you the Steam key later). Doesnt hurt that it will likely end on my GOTY list this year either:

Full Bore
http://www.desura.com/games/full-bore
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689201
https://indiegamestand.com/

On track to enter my Indie GOTY list considerations. If you liked 1000 Amps on Steam, check this game out, it has the same "exploration via puzzles" base idea with lots of charme, polish, quirkiness, secrets and adorable animations.

Quote from the description:

Deep underground lies a reminder of Boarkind’s darkest hours. All it takes is one little boar to dig it back up. A block puzzler with an exploratory twist, Full Bore throws the player into an open world filled with crumbling mines, arcane ruins, and technological wonders with only curiosity to lead the way. This world is packed to the brim with secrets and hidden rooms, because when everything is made of blocks, puzzles could be anywhere.

Full Bore rewards curiosity and thought. The player is free to explore a large open world, where they can find secret treasures and uncover mysteries by solving puzzles built into the environment. The game world is made of many different block types, and each type has its own unique behavior. Some blocks are simple and can be pushed or dug out, while others are complex machines that move on their own. Interaction between different blocks creates new and different barriers and bridges for the player, with each new block building on the challenges of the previous blocks. As the player explores, they encounter and master new blocks, which in turn allows the player to open new paths. This means that the ability to explore is based primarily on what the player has learned about the world, and not a sequence of arbitrary goals.

The game is really, really, really good and I'd appreciate if someone here had enough interest to check it out and maybe write up their impressions over in the OT. It deserves it. Buying the game should give you a Steam key once its on Steam. Full disclosure, currently the first chapter is playable, and the second chapter is added end of the year.

Seriously, all go buy it now and post some impression in the OT, so that more people hear of it.

Salsa

For the people who like my game recommendations , here is a game that will sooner or later land on Steam anyway and you can grab it now for $1 (which gets you the Steam key later). Doesnt hurt that it will likely end on my GOTY list this year either:

Full Bore

On track to enter my Indie GOTY list considerations. If you liked 1000 Amps on Steam, check this game out, it has the same "exploration via puzzles" base idea with lots of charme, polish, quirkiness, secrets and adorable animations.

The game is really, really, really good and I'd appreciate if someone here had enough interest to check it out and maybe write up their impressions over in the OT. It deserves it. Buying the game should give you a Steam key once its on Steam. Full disclosure, currently the first chapter is playable, and the second chapter is added end of the year.

Seriously, all go buy it now and post some impression in the OT, so that more people hear of it.

looks like I dont have a dollar on my card, booo-urns

game looks interesting tho, i'll keep an eye out for it

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
looks like I dont have a dollar on my card, booo-urns

game looks interesting tho, i'll keep an eye out for it

If you look into it soonish instead of throwing it immediately into the backlog, I'll gift it to you :p PM me if you want a key.

Full Bore is really good, I need to go back to it, although at this point it might benefit waiting until the Steam release so I can get achievements and such.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I picked this up on IndieGameStand today and registered my key with Desura. Gonna play this soon, it looks great.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot giveaways have changed slightly. Receipts will be automatic for givers. If you do not want a receipt, please use the rule NORECEIPT. If you include the RECEIPT rule, it will be ignored as it is redundant.

Also, Camel Master sent these giveaways over to me to offload since he had some trouble with ModBot during his last go-around. Anyone who gets one of these, thank Camel Master:
ModBot said:
Camel Master is giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Survivor Squad (Desura) -- MB-EDE7CA126F894120 - Taken by deejay. 1 entrants total.
Men of War Condemned Heroes #2 -- MB-3928B2D8EF1A00DB - Taken by neoism. 1 entrants total.
Men of War Red Tide -- MB-C7268CFF3B215A03 - Taken by darkchewie
ulgzbKC.png
End My World (Desura) -- MB-82A5314165BDA4E2 - Taken by trailmix16. 2 entrants total.
Men of War Condemned Heroes -- MB-6086D30E7A570BE0 - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Suguri Collection (Desura) -- MB-91FE667A38C5D4E8 - Taken by PixyJunket. 2 entrants total.
Reign Conflict of Nations -- MB-5E92EB8C9264416C - Taken by Kagemusha
The Showdown Effect -- MB-B6C7791AB34E699B - Taken by scorpscarx. 4 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-4E2516EB3A9FE4E3 - Taken by vvise. 1 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-CDBEF2713B52B873 - Taken by Creamium. 2 entrants total.
Space Zombies and Pirates -- MB-0C0FFE2BD647595B - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 1 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-46ED0ABAC893EF56 - Taken by user237. 11 entrants total.

t1384304754z1.png

Full Bore

Thanks for letting me know!
Voted for it on Greenlight here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145273589

oipic

I picked this up on IndieGameStand today and registered my key with Desura. Gonna play this soon, it looks great.

I picked up Full Bore a month ago or so, but shamefully haven't played it yet (waiting for the inevitable Steam release perhaps?) - but it looks great. The Toma Seal of Approval hasn't failed me yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There are plenty, no?

As much as it twists my insides to even type it, Final Fantasy VII was recent.

Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior Classic as well.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant old games that haven't had any restoration work done to them -- games that Squeenix and TopWare have brought over wholesale from GOG don't have achievements, for example. DN3D: Megaton Edition and SWC: Redux I'd classify as remasters, same with FFVII.

Can anyone tell me how I can give away humble bundle games through ModBot with the new page link gift system they have?

Just use the per-game gift links as keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom