• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Okay judging by the 7 or 8 non-juniors who tried to win Scribblenauts and the fact that the game isn't claimed yet, the juniors only rule is working... now we just need a junior to come along and actually win it.

On that basis, I can open it to the public. Two new rules:
JUNIORSONLY
NOJUNIORS

purpose of both rules is fairly obvious.
please retrofit these rules into threads

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
just a guess but i assume the news rules purpose is so the more popular games go to members and non lurkers while the other types go to juniors?

Well, I had been considering doing juniors only rules to encourage new people to take part in the community, but I've had a few people request rules because they felt that NOLURKERS wasn't strict enough, so I did both. I hope people will still be as generous as possible with most of their giveaways and keep the sharing spirit going forward. I'll disable the NOJUNIORS rule if the result is that juniors can't effectively participate in giveaways as a whole.

cicero

I wonder how lengthy/detailed it is, $3.99 is very cheap. I can't resist any adventure game that look like this and that has a modern-day setting though. It reminds me too much of classics like Zak McKracken!
I got it back when Dave Gilbert was giving it away for free in 2009ish. Updated graphics, new achievements, character portraits, commentaries, and music sounds great.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
For the people who like my game recommendations , here is a game that will sooner or later land on Steam anyway and you can grab it now for $1 (which gets you the Steam key later). Doesnt hurt that it will likely end on my GOTY list this year either:

Full Bore
http://www.desura.com/games/full-bore

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689201
https://indiegamestand.com/

On track to enter my Indie GOTY list considerations. If you liked 1000 Amps on Steam, check this game out, it has the same "exploration via puzzles" base idea with lots of charme, polish, quirkiness, secrets and adorable animations.

How has Full Bore not been greenlighted yet? I've been waiting for it to come to Steam to buy it, but for $1 I might as well get it now. If it comes to Steam and the key doesn't transfer then I'll just buy it again as $1 is kind of too cheap for this game anyway IMHO.

derExperte

Thank you for submitting the requested documentation to prove your foreign residence. We have successfully verified this information, and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service now allows us to remove the 200 transaction limit restriction on your account.

You may now use the Community Market again. You will not have a limit on the number of sales you can make per year.

Finally after months. And so the idling and selling of almost worthless cards can continue.

Gvaz

Banned
I love when I can just take one look at a single image and determine if I want to buy a game or not.

That being said, I didn't like 1000 amps but i have it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A couple of stragglers:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Worms Revolution Gold -- MB-45C3C01E9EF0F9D4 - Taken by KenOD
Pid -- MB-707E7463B47A95B0 - Taken by mannerbot

The former is a HIB gift URL, the latter a Steam key.

Edit: To clarify, Worms is a Steam key also; you just need to redeem it using HIB's new system.

I doubt anyone here was going to buy it, but DO NOT buy Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition until the game is patched for multiplayer.

It doesn't work however WB has stated they are investigating the issue.

cicero

When do you believe the Steam backlog becomes impossible to control? I think I've hit that point...send help.
You have a LONG way to go. I keep my game library categorized and closed so I don't notice too much. I start feeling it is an issue again when I have 200+ new games in the base game folder and have to finally start setting their categories. So many bundles this year...

Tenrius

I've been very reluctant to buy Fable III and now it seems that the forces of the universe are very reluctant to allow me to play it:

cantcontactthekeyservg1cnl.png

user237

Is there a way to make modbot package two keys together? Like if you have separate keys for a game and its DLC and you don't want to split them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a way to make modbot package two keys together? Like if you have separate keys for a game and its DLC and you don't want to split them.

In such cases I add a note asking the winner to PM me for the additional keys.

tylergregg

Neo Member
ModBot giveaways have changed slightly. Receipts will be automatic for givers. If you do not want a receipt, please use the rule NORECEIPT. If you include the RECEIPT rule, it will be ignored as it is redundant.

Also, Camel Master sent these giveaways over to me to offload since he had some trouble with ModBot during his last go-around. Anyone who gets one of these, thank Camel Master:

Thanks for Condemned Heroes.

BorntoPlay

Please note the first rule: Only Junior Members should be able to win this game. I haven't tested this rule yet, so, uh, if you're not a junior and want the game you could easily just enter the raffle anyway and I wouldn't blame you if you won it because it'd help me with testing.

Thanks Stumpokapow!! ... Enter the raffle after the clock end, so I think I was the only junior member who participated, if so then the rule is running fine ...

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I like the new rules Stumpokapow. I'm sure there will be some good moments when it'll be best to let those who haven't been around as long a better chance at some titles.

A couple of stragglers:

The former is a HIB gift URL, the latter a Steam key.

Edit: To clarify, Worms is a Steam key also; you just need to redeem it using HIB's new system.

Thank you for Worms Revolution Gold. It'll be the first traditional Worms game I'll ever own. Worms Pinball from a previous giveaway being the first I've ever owned.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Follow this exact format and it should work:
Game Name - KEY1-GOES-HERE KEY2-GOES-HERE KEY3-GOES-HERE
Game Name 2 - ANOTHER-KEY
Game Name 3 - MORE-OTHER-KEYS

If any game contains any punctuation that might trip ModBot up (Deus Ex: Human Revolution; A New Beginning - Final Cut) drop the punctuation and just write the game name plainly.

Alternatively post the main key and PM the guy who wins with the other key.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
OK dad, I just finished fixing the things you probably did today to the PC; that is, install some piece of malware that totally screwed up the internet connection, audio devices, themes and pretty much every other Windows service. There may still be some traces of it inside, so I gotta scan the system with AVG later.

If you are not my dad, feel free to disregard this post. I'm still mad, and don't feel like playing any game tonight (also shattering my phone's screen this morning didn't help to make my mood better).

Playing on hard can allegedly extend it to 3-4 hrs but I can't bring myself to buy the season pass for the full price right now.

Yeah, I enjoyed Infinite but not enough so that I wanted to buy the season pass.

Took me about 3 and a half hours.

Good to know, I guess, but this content looks like it's wait until a sale. I'll probably just wait until the second piece of story-driven content is out, then buy it and BaS during a sale.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Our top ten most generous givers (number of games given that were claimed) since the beginning of ModBot history:
#1 JaseC (183 titles!)
#2 chugen
#3 xelios
#4 jshackles
#5 KarmaCow
#6 DyslexicAlucard
#7 Lain
#8 MRORANGE
#9 Gvaz
#10 Dusk Golem

Does this include all the steam threads or every thread where modbot was used?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Happy birthday to me! ^^ I told earlier that I will be doing a small giveaway. Here it is

It's semi big one. This is a code drop of most spares that I have been collecting during this year. I am bad at organizing leftovers so you have to excuse me if they are used. I hope that all these are unused codes
Happy birthday buddy, and thanks a lot for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom