• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
so what is the difference between junior and non-junior? number of posts?

EDIT: I see that I am junior. I have 80 posts.

300 posts, 3 months after registration. If you are a junior you cannot create new threads and if you do something to get yourself banned it will likely be permanent.

Does this include all the steam threads or every thread where modbot was used?

Every claimed giveaway including anonymous giveaways, with the limitation that anything that got given away in the turd threads to burn off the unclaimed stuff would not show up as it was "given away" by ModBot, not the original givers.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone know if Nuuvem is still region free for their steam games? If so you can get Injustice for $30 there. Can anyone confirm if its region free?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1524-injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition

There's only the one retail sub.

Injustice doesn't have any region locked subs except the Russian one so it should be fine.

Injustice doesn't actually have an RU-specific sub.

Edit: Well, there is a (seemingly region-free; there's no way to ascertain whether or not it's giftable until it's up on the store) RU/CUS sub but it's not being used.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Every claimed giveaway including anonymous giveaways, with the limitation that anything that got given away in the turd threads to burn off the unclaimed stuff would not show up as it was "given away" by ModBot, not the original givers.

I've seen a couple of giveaways with more than one taker but only one not striked, I'd assume the correct taker isn't "striked"? Don't know what happened there.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
LOL Injustice. I got MK9 and I'm not going to pay twice as much for a game half as good.

MRORANGE

Our top ten most generous givers (number of games given that were claimed) since the beginning of ModBot history:
#1 JaseC (183 titles!)
#2 chugen
#3 xelios
#4 jshackles
#5 KarmaCow
#6 DyslexicAlucard
#7 Lain
#8 MRORANGE
#9 Gvaz
#10 Dusk Golem

Made it into the list, feels good.

29E7hsW.gif

hlhbk

injustice is way better than mk9 lol

not that i'd pay more than five bucks for either, but it's one of the more badass 3d fighting games

$30 is a steal for Injustice. If you think they look cool you should buy them on launch to send the message we want more great ports like this to PC.

$30 is a steal for Injustice. If you think they look cool you should buy them on launch to send the message we want more great ports like this to PC.

word, i just wouldn't buy it bc i got injustice through a glitch on xbox...which ended up in my 360 being banned XD. but anyway yeah i've gotten my fill of it and it cost me the price of getting a new xbox haha. it was either injustice or rayman legends that ended up in my console being banned, bc they were given away free in other regions by mistake then MS decided to get pissy about foreign accounts

JaseC

jasec this is like my favorite avatar of yours yet

very lovely

:) I took a bunch of screenshots while watching HILN so I could make some avatars afterwards. This one is literally the second-last shot of the film and, needless to say, my favourite of the lot.

hlhbk

word, i just wouldn't buy it bc i got injustice through a glitch on xbox...which ended up in my 360 being banned XD. but anyway yeah i've gotten my fill of it and it cost me the price of getting a new xbox haha. it was either injustice or rayman legends that ended up in my console being banned, bc they were given away free in other regions by mistake then MS decided to get pissy about foreign accounts

I heard about that. I don't know all the details behind it. That being said usually if a full retail game is being released for free its to good to be true.

Cody_D165

Banned
Our top ten most generous givers (number of games given that were claimed) since the beginning of ModBot history:
#1 JaseC (183 titles!)
#2 chugen
#3 xelios
#4 jshackles
#5 KarmaCow
#6 DyslexicAlucard
#7 Lain
#8 MRORANGE
#9 Gvaz
#10 Dusk Golem

A salute to all of those listed above, as well as Stump for the hard work providing Modbot in the first place! SteamGAF is awesome!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've seen a couple of giveaways with more than one taker but only one not striked, I'd assume the correct taker isn't "striked"? Don't know what happened there.

There was a very brief period of time where a few specific giveaways got given away twice. It was a result of a race condition in the code (two ModBot threads were both simultaneously giving the same giveaway at the same time. thread #1 starts giveaway, thread #2 starts giveaway and verifies that the game is not yet given away, thread #1 finishes and gives away game marking it as given away, thread #2 gives away game again marking it as given away). These kinds of issues are exacerbated in times where GAF eats shit mid edit or whatever. I believe the issue is fixed now, as there are additional checks intended to prevent race conditions.

But glitches like that don't effect the stats generated.

Khronico

#1 JaseC (183 titles!)
#2 chugen
#3 xelios
#4 jshackles
#5 KarmaCow
#6 DyslexicAlucard
#7 Lain
#8 MRORANGE
#9 Gvaz
#10 Dusk Golem

Thank you top ten (and everyone who has given games)! I've gotten a lot of good games since ModBot started.

Sajjaja

Summarizes Microsoft pretty well lol. They screw up, you pay for it.

Summarizes Microsoft pretty well lol. They screw up, you pay for it.

guess who isn't buying an xbox one? i'm done with these digital infrastructures on closed systems. look at that guy who got his xb1 banned just bc target sold it to him early. sure they fixed the matter, but only because it was extremely bad press. sure you could argue that steam could do the same thing, but lol, being banned from steam wouldn't completely render my computer from its ability to connect to the internet!

zkylon

zkylewd
:) I took a bunch of screenshots while watching HILN so I could make some avatars afterwards. This one is literally the second-last shot of the film and, needless to say, my favourite of the lot.
is that thing watchable with friends?

of the bro kind?

Get out of my head!
I was doing the same.
Don't let that stop you! Great minds think alike. ;)
ah you two shut up and have sex already

time to eat
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dinner Date -- MB-A72E4AB237C28D03 - Taken by JBourne. 6 entrants total.

t1384316817z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For the people who like my game recommendations , here is a game that will sooner or later land on Steam anyway and you can grab it now for $1 (which gets you the Steam key later). Doesnt hurt that it will likely end on my GOTY list this year either:

Full Bore

The game is really, really, really good and I'd appreciate if someone here had enough interest to check it out and maybe write up their impressions over in the OT. It deserves it. Buying the game should give you a Steam key once its on Steam. Full disclosure, currently the first chapter is playable, and the second chapter is added end of the year.

Played about 30 minutes of it. My initial impressions is that it's an okay game, but there isn't nearly as much exploration as I usually like in this type of game. The controls are good, but the lack of jumping gets frustrating at times. The music is pretty top notch, no complaints there. The puzzle aspects are really good and got me stumped on more than a few occasions.

I'd give it a 5/10. Would play again.

I wish Pro Evolution had Steam achievements and Steamworks support. I thought that when Konami first started selling Pro Evolution on Steam that they would use Steamworks in the next version (2014).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Managed to get 9/10 achievements on my first run of the Bioshock DLC. The only achievement I missed was the Chain Reaction and it was easy getting the last few needed for that by reloading the final chapter.

Overall: I had a blast with it. I played it in two sittings and it took me a bit over 3 hours. The story is pretty crazy, but really entertaining. I can't wait for part 2. I liked BioInf and I think if you enjoyed it, you will most likely enjoy this too.

I really enjoyed my time with it too. I'm a little rusty though and got my ass kicked on Hard.

JaseC

is that thing watchable with friends?

of the bro kind?

Depends on how tolerant your friends are of romance, I suppose. Most of the first half or so is used to, rather hurriedly, establish the romantic relationship between Daisy and Edmond, but, as Classy said, the film shifts gears thereafter: explosions, shootings, dead bodies, and Daisy has a dream in which she's running naked in the woods.

ah you two shut up and have sex already
I do like Aussies, so maybe.

tumblr_mk9xml9sma1qb6c0k83.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm naked suarez sure is tempting

might have to go solo on that one tho, explosions are fine but I don't really have a good time watching drama with friends, family, girlfriends or anyone :|

if it's bro night I'd rather go for silly stuff like that hilariously awful neil blomkamp movie

JaseC

I wish Pro Evolution had Steam achievements and Steamworks support. I thought that when Konami first started selling Pro Evolution on Steam that they would use Steamworks in the next version (2014).

Steamworks support would have partly washed out the sour taste of being several weeks late and $60.

Smash88

Banned
Can we just get a separate thread for JaseC and Classypenguin where they can swap Saoirse Ronan stories. Like their own fan club thread.

Get a room, lovebirds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom