• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwtsonga

Our top ten most generous givers (number of games given that were claimed) since the beginning of ModBot history:
#1 JaseC (183 titles!)
#2 chugen
#3 xelios
#4 jshackles
#5 KarmaCow
#6 DyslexicAlucard
#7 Lain
#8 MRORANGE
#9 Gvaz
#10 Dusk Golem

these people are LEGENDS i tell you!

Khronico

Been busy playing ps3 games, so I haven't done much on PC lately. Although, I did play a bunch of Electronic Super Joy. Something about that game just clicks with me. The platforming. The strange, one-off mechanics introduced in certain levels. The rudimentary yet entrancing visuals. THE SOUNDTRACK. I really, really like it.

Meier

Are there any Brazilian posters in this thread or people who use VPNs and want to play Football Manager? Bacon preordered the game for me from a Brazilian site that was supposed to be universal Steam key (it was for other folks) but ended up ultimately being Brazil only key when the game came out and the "beta" ended.

It cost me like $28 but I'd sell it for less if needed.. just trying to get some of my money back so I can then buy the US version. :( Not really in a position to just throw away that money. PM me if you're interested, I'm dying to play FM again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are there any Brazilian posters in this thread or people who use VPNs and want to play Football Manager? Bacon preordered the game for me from a Brazilian site that was supposed to be universal Steam key (it was for other folks) but ended up ultimately being Brazil only key when the game came out and the "beta" ended.

It cost me like $28 but I'd sell it for less if needed.. just trying to get some of my money back so I can then buy the US version. :( Not really in a position to just throw away that money. PM me if you're interested, I'm dying to play FM again.

I'm guessing the site in question is Nuuvem? You could try requesting a replacement.

jwtsonga

Been busy playing ps3 games, so I haven't done much on PC lately. Although, I did play a bunch of Electronic Super Joy. Something about that game just clicks with me. The platforming. The strange, one-off mechanics introduced in certain levels. The rudimentary yet entrancing visuals. THE SOUNDTRACK. I really, really like it.

I really like it too but its just too hard for me. I got up to level 10-ish. That level where all those rockets keep firing at you from the start.....too hard!

Colin.

Not strictly PC related, but has anyone tried out the Xbone/PS4 controllers yet? Thinking about future controllers for the PC, and I'm curious about how they feel in the hand, and to find out if the previous design flaws have been fixed. Like the 360 triggers and dpad, and the dualshock triggers, and crappy thumbsticks. May upgrade once the prices settle down.

Not strictly PC related, but has anyone tried out the Xbone/PS4 controllers yet? Thinking about future controllers for the PC, and I'm curious about how they feel in the hand, and to find out if the previous design flaws have been fixed. Like the 360 triggers and dpad, and the dualshock triggers, and crappy thumbsticks. May upgrade once the prices settle down.
Wait for the steam controller, looks promising.

oipic

Our top ten most generous givers (number of games given that were claimed) since the beginning of ModBot history:
#1 JaseC (183 titles!)
#2 chugen
#3 xelios
#4 jshackles
#5 KarmaCow
#6 DyslexicAlucard
#7 Lain
#8 MRORANGE
#9 Gvaz
#10 Dusk Golem

Deserves to be quoted on every (50pp!) page for awhile, I think. Big thanks to you all.

This list is a who's-who of fine SteamGAF folks, and along with a dear bunch of the rest of you, too, of course, all are a big part of why this thread is such an endearing place to hang-out.

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Defense Grid: The Awakening -- MB-B4298255149234A7 - Taken by Visualante2. 6 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
La-Mulana -- MB-07CEC53136688868 - Taken by bkw. 12 entrants total.
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold -- MB-DD1ECA6F249F745E - Taken by Boss Doggie. 12 entrants total.

t1384330722z1.png

I'm not sure if the Defense Grid code is still good. So anyone who is interested don't kill me if it doesn't work.

La-Mulana is for Desura.

JaseC

I have what may be a spare Deus Ex: Human Revolution key that I purchased from a "grey market" reseller a couple of years ago. At the time of purchase it was advertised as a ROW key but was later confirmed to be an RU key, so I had my order changed and received the former as a replacement. I don't know if the key I'd originally received was put back into the reseller's system, so it may be used, and although there are no regional restrictions on the sub itself, you'll need to use a Russian VPN to activate it (FlyVPN's free service has a server in Moscow, which I can confirm does the trick as I used it to activate my FM 2012 Russian key). Quote this post if you want to try your luck.

Can anyone shed some light or crush my hopes for this? I downloaded the full-blown Defiance trial from Trion Worlds to get the fully patched version, since the word was Steam's was not up to date. A few days later I purchased a Steam key (from Steam) and was hoping there was a way to pop those files into my Steam library and have it treated as a Steam game without having to redownload the game through Steam and risk it being an older version.

I saw someone mention making a Defiance folder in steamapps/common and copy the files there, though Steam wants to redownload 11+gb when I start the patcher. I came across an older vid of someone having to just download a small installer file and they were good to go, though Steam is not giving me that option. Is this even possible? Am I wishing for the unwishable?

JaseC

Can anyone shed some light or crush my hopes for this? I downloaded the full-blown Defiance trial from Trion Worlds to get the fully patched version, since the word was Steam's was not up to date. A few days later I purchased a Steam key (from Steam) and was hoping there was a way to pop those files into my Steam library and have it treated as a Steam game without having to redownload the game through Steam and risk it being an older version.

I saw someone mention making a Defiance folder in steamapps/common and copy the files there, though Steam wants to redownload 11+gb when I start the patcher. I came across an older vid of someone having to just download a small installer file and they were good to go, though Steam is not giving me that option. Is this even possible? Am I wishing for the unwishable?

The files have to match verification checks for Steam to skip them prior to downloading. Since you're presumably using a more up-to-date installation of the game, Steam is going to look at those files and overwrite them as they don't match up with what the publisher has given Valve.

Thank you for spelling it out for me. I guess I will stick with the TW version until I see some updated positive feedback regarding the version currently on Steam.

catabarez

Got through a few chapters on Injustice. Game looks great (character models aside) only problem is maxing out the shadows doesn't let the actual game start up. Otherwise a good port.

There was a very brief period of time where a few specific giveaways got given away twice. It was a result of a race condition in the code (two ModBot threads were both simultaneously giving the same giveaway at the same time. thread #1 starts giveaway, thread #2 starts giveaway and verifies that the game is not yet given away, thread #1 finishes and gives away game marking it as given away, thread #2 gives away game again marking it as given away). These kinds of issues are exacerbated in times where GAF eats shit mid edit or whatever. I believe the issue is fixed now, as there are additional checks intended to prevent race conditions.

But glitches like that don't effect the stats generated.

You code monkey you. Now get back to work on that NES emu achievements system! There's gold in them there hills.

JaseC

Company of Heroes 2 seems like it's been out long enough to be at least 50% OFF.
I guess for Sega it's been selling enough at regular price that there's no real need to discount it that much like what we saw with rome.

Sega is the new Capcom. :(

okayfrog

Banned

Hey yo, samesies. It pisses me off in a good way, like the original Bit.Trip.Runner did, or Rock Band. I don't get that feeling with Super Meat Boy, for some reason. Anyways, I beat the first world in ESJ and got the "Hold Me Closer Tony Danza" achievement. Goddamn did that feel good. I can only imagine trying to stay alive 40 seconds on that level, what the hell.

TokiDoki

Not sure if I will like it, based on the weird button placement, and the touch pads. Would definitely try it out if I get the chance though.

It is definitely weird . Placing those buttons beside the left analog implies that you need to take off your right thumb from analog to reach them . And this would halt your movement if you need to perform said action with the face buttons .

So , still going to rock them Steam games with my 360 controller .

Tenrius

People (me included) are still unable to play Fable III because of the "failed to connect to the key server" error. What's this key server? Is this on the Steam side of things or is it yet another GFWL failure?

TokiDoki

People (me included) are still unable to play Fable III because of the "failed to connect to the key server" error. What's this key server? Is this on the Steam side of things or is yet another GFWL failure?

Post like this make me think twice before buying the on sale Fable III lol . On the other hand , bought RainBlood Chronicles , can't wait to play it after work .

JaseC

The Steam Controller has me immensely curious. I'm not sure when I'll pick one up, though, since Valve intends to manufacture them itself and so I assume you'll be required to order them through the Valve Store, which means I'll probably be looking at $25 or more for the shipping alone.

The Steam Controller has me immensely curious. I'm not sure when I'll pick one up, though, since Valve intends to manufacture them itself and so I assume you'll be required to order them through the Valve Store, which means I'll probably be looking at $25 or more for the shipping alone.

Ah, yes. Aussielandia always gets screwed.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
People (me included) are still unable to play Fable III because of the "failed to connect to the key server" error. What's this key server? Is this on the Steam side of things or is yet another GFWL failure?

Think you have to wait a couple days for steam to get more keys or you can try the xliveless crack for now.

Tenrius

Think you have to wait a couple days for steam to get more keys or you can try the xliveless crack for now.

It also uses SecuROM, lol, which prompts me to enter the key if I try to launch it from the folder (and Steam won't let me launch it at all). Not that I wanted to play it that much, I basically just wanted to see how it would run, but this is disheartening lol.

JaseC

Ah, yes. Aussielandia always gets screwed.

I'm hoping Valve will partner with prominent PC hardware retailers in certain countries so international customers won't have to pay through the nose for shipping. PC Case Gear would be a good fit as far as Australia is concerned.

Card Boy

Banned
Abit of a public service annoucement for fans of Wadjet Eye Games (Blackwell series and publishers of Gemini Rue/Primordia)

They are releasing a remake of one of their first games, The Shivah. The new version will be called The Shivah: Kosher Edition, the primary feature is upgraded graphics. Fans of Joey Malone from the Blackwell series should be interested as this was the first game Abe Goldfarb was in.

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/the-shivah/

Old
shiv4-orig.png

New
shiv4.png

Old
shiv2-orig.png

New
shiv2.png

Old
shiv5-orig.png

New
shiv5.png

The game is coming out on the 21st of November and can be pre-ordered from the Wadjet Eye site for $3.99 (will be $5 normally). Yes you get a Steam key and DRM free copy. It's also coming out on iOS if you are into that thing.

Trailer

It is definitely weird . Placing those buttons beside the left analog implies that you need to take off your right thumb from analog to reach them . And this would halt your movement if you need to perform said action with the face buttons .

So , still going to rock them Steam games with my 360 controller .

Umm, those aren't your typical face buttons. They're used for menu stuff. The trackpads themselves can be used as XBYA actions, and you also have buttons on the back. Valve specifically mentioned in the announcement that it was designed so you don't have to take off your thumbs.

I see people getting constantly confused by this, so either Valve shouldn't have named those buttons XBYA or maybe people should have read the announcement more thoroughly....

Sajjaja

Viva Pinata, too. Belated ports of their respective sequels wouldn't go astray, either... but that may be expecting too much. ;)

Knowing Epic, another game on PC from them has about the same chances of Steam shutting down because uPlay of their significantly larger market share.

People Can Fly doesn't count.

Grief.exe

Knowing Epic, another game on PC from them has about the same chances of Steam shutting down because uPlay of their significantly larger market share.

People Can Fly doesn't count.

They are developing a PC game right now. Fortnite.

As well as Gears of War and Bulletstorm Steamworks integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom